IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#394 9 years ago

It is not fraud if you are using the $$$ to perform miracles. Which he clearly is. Can't you give the guy at least a decade to get up and running? Sheesh!

#396 9 years ago

1 . Didn't Jack make people to through Bumper after some point? I have never been clear on this, but it reads like once Bumper became the distro for JJP, you had to use them.

2. Did Jack receive the $$ for 22 games? If he has that cash, how is it a favor to deliver those games?

#400 9 years ago

Well, to be completely fair, Jack doesn't have a right to sit on that money, either. It is traceable. And as the distro that Jack hand picked for the area, he shares in some of that responsibility. Agency/distro issues and all.

But that doesn't answer the question about if Jack made customers go through bumper at any point.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Well who does he send the money to? The company who sent it to him is no longer in existence.
As for Jack making people go through Bumper, I am not sure that is totally correct, I know a few people who went direct to JJP. It was easier and cheaper at the time to go through Bumper so most did.

Well, the $$ is treacebale. It is clear that he has deposit money from 83 people for WOZ, and those 83 are easy to identify. Jack chose a distributor to rep him in Oz. His distro shit the bed. Jack bears some of that. If Jack pocketed that cash and said tough titty, there would be hell to pay. He knows that, and the 83 know that.

I was under the impression that Jack made everyone to through Bumper after some point in time. But even if he did not, they were his distro. Jack's hands are clean as far as Bumper's terrible actions. But he does have $$ that unjustly enriched him, that clearly puts some onus on JJP to make some form of accounting.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If Bumper was a U.S company the remedy would be pretty easy: JJP would simply file an Interpleader lawsuit and let the court decide who gets the money that JJP received from/through Bumper. Obviously the thing that complicates this mess more than anything is dealing with different jurisdictions, and JJP can't reasonable file an Interpleader action in the U.S. and expect Australians to appear in that action.
What a mess.

Yeah, I hadn't really been paying attention to this one, but after I started thinking about the moving parts and the jurisdictional issues, it started giving me an ice cream headache. That is a total mess.

#414 9 years ago

Man, it does you a heap of shit for good, but I feel for everyone involved in this thing. From the deposit lost guy, total paid in lost guy, all the way up to Jack. Nightmare.

#477 9 years ago

What partners? That deal fell through. At least all evidence suggests it did.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

I hadn't heard it fell through I just remember he press release announcing it. Not sure if that would be better or worse.

Yeah, try to find any reference to it now. That presser disappeared, Jack stopped talking about it, and gave ambiguous enough answers about it the one time he mentioned it again to presume it went south.

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. Enters Into An Equity Partnership With The Investment Banking Arm Of JDA
Lakewood, New Jersey - January 15, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no-compromise pinball machines announces that they have entered into an equity partnership with the investment arm of JDA.
The founding group of JDA has a proven track record of success and generated over $40 million dollars for their shareholders in their last transaction.
This partnership will now enable Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. to have the resources to fund multiple game platforms, expand into related technologies and markets, and to provide a catalyst for growth. It further provides Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. with deeper management and financial resources.
"We are very excited to combine the strengths of these two dynamic organizations. The expanded talent, experience and financial strength that this brings will enhance the future products we are able to build and add to the enjoyment of our player base." said Jack Guarnieri, Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. Founder.
The principals at JDA are true pinball enthusiasts as well and personally own over 40 pinball machines including Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. world renowned The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine.
About Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. was founded in 2011 with a passion to build premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. The first game that Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is building is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with more than 700 games shipped as of December 2013. More games are popping up in commercial locations and in home game rooms all around the world. The company is in development of The Hobbit Pinball machine which will ship late in 2014.
About JDA
JDA is a private holding company developed for the purpose of transitional holdings of interest, incubation and performance of advisory services associated to the business interests of its shareholders. The shareholders of JDA have companies in the technology space including servicing the blind and developing critical mass computer applications, holdings of over $10 million in real estate, interests in gold and silver mining, a world class training facility for gymnastics and all star cheer, and consulting services that tailor to the telecom, data and technology sectors.
Contact
Jen Guarnieri, Marketing Coordinator
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
1645 Oak Street Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900 Ext 203
[email protected]

Um....yeah. Where have you been since that day? That disappeared from JJP's site and Jack made ambiguous remarks about it afterward.

#484 9 years ago

Without any communication, facts, discourse, or any of the "openness" promised during the process, what more do we have than speculation?

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

so this deal fell through? i never heard anything else on the matter officially and assumed it was still in place.

There was a ton of discussion afterward. Nothing else was ever said about it, and then someone noticed a few weeks later that the press release had disappeared from the website. I don't recall exactly what Jack said regarding it, and it if was here or at the WOZ Owners Forum, but it essentially boiled down to we weren't ever in the red and we are moving forward with production regardless of what happened.

#491 9 years ago

Look, like it or not....like me or not.....Jack could clear 3 years worth of questions up with a snap of his finger and five minutes constructing a post on his own machine owners' forum. He has been telling everyone that the LE run is finishing up for damned near a year now. That's after he was two years late on production to begin with. The Aussies got royally screwed, and Jack made public statements and guarantees (for what a Jack guarantee is worth, see: WOZ Production Guarantees and History). Where is he? What's the deal now? Where are the 200-ish LEs that his own 60-90 day clock started about 120 day ago?

In the absence of information, speculation is what we got. Sorry. But that is true. People come sniffing around here looking for info on WOZ or Hobbit, and they deserve to know the whole truth of the matter. Not just the blown sunshine from the people that have given the company an eternal free pass just because he lit a fire for pinball under their asses. The Aussies are the ones with the equity in this particular issue. And the ones with skins on these walls. If they have differences of opinion about how to rectify their situation, they have the right to hash it out. But screw anybody spitting on someone that got caught up in this nightmare and telling them that they don't have the right to speculate or even demand some information.

#543 9 years ago

There you go. A man's word is his bond, and there are too growing examples of this one's word amounting to reneged promises or compromised follow through.

My condolences to the Aussies. Yet again.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree with this, but I'm sure Jack is getting legal counsel on what he should do. He probably wanted to build and ship the pins so he didn't have to give the money back, but that may not be an option now.
We shouldn't just jump to conclusions. Just let it play out. Don't you think the best thing to do for the Austrailians is to get them as much of their money back as possible?

I don't have a horse in this particular race. Anything else is just fanning the flames. Good luck to everyone in sorting it out.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

My question is, and maybe one of you legal eagles can answer it, why didnt the liquidators lay claim to this? Dont the debtors all have equal rights to the assets, with the proceeds split up between all debtors? Kind of like a class action - lawyers, liquidators get paid, everyone else ends up with under 10 bucks....
Have there been any other similar situations and how were they resolved?

The international nature makes this extremely complicated. But the deposit money that was given to JJP was not an asset of Bumper. I am certainly no expert in Australian bankruptcy practices, but that would not have been something in a collective pool to use to satisfy creditors. I am certain that there are similar cases out there, but I am unaware of them or their resolution.

#575 9 years ago

JJP and Jack absolutely have the right to full indemnity and release upon delivery of the 22 games - from and to all 79 affected. So long as there is an agreement between the 79 (or at least a majority that will sign indemnity language for the abstainers), this should be easy to draw up and execute.

#581 9 years ago

Playerone's civil reaction, and his promise to contact the group of 79 and get a formal agreement to JJP, suggests that there are still actions that need to be taken by the Aussies. I can see that nothing would have been delivered absent those agreements. Who should have sent what to whom, who requested or failed to request action or agreement, when this was or was not done......we not privy to that information. Let's just hope this is the last of these threads that we see. Action is required on everyone's part. Maybe that is spurred along now.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The problem is that word "majority".
If a single one of the 79 fails to sign off, JJP would still be open to potential liability. Even if the others sign indemnity language for the abstainers, JJP can still be brought into the lawsuit and there is no guarantee that they would actually pick up defense of the lawsuit when JJP asks them to do so pursuant to the indemnity agreement.
I'm sure that they would sign anything needed in order to get partial resolution, but the reality of any of them actually indemnifying JJP for a lawsuit brought by one of the abstainers is slim to none.

Perhaps. But absent any protections offered under the bankruptcy and dissolution (of which there are presumptively none) what other option? Maybe all 79 sign off. But if not, what then? It goes into a NJ court registry, then what happens?

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

If they were following the typical customer->distributor->manufacturer business model, then the money certainly would be an asset of Bumpers. Customer payments would certainly go into their books as a receivable and their payment to JJP under payables.

After it changed hands? How do you figure it is a reachable asset once paid to the 3rd party?

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Contact a lawyer in Jack's local jurisdiction and have him send a demand letter for refund in full or threaten to form a class that will sue for punitive damages. Problem as solved as it can be for the first couple of victims to do it.
I can't believe that I am the only person who knows this on this board.

Clearly no one here has the legal knowledge and skill of you. You have had a lot of classes certified for suit, then? You are suing for punitive damages without gross negligence evidence pretty often?

#735 9 years ago

The only thing that perked my ears up recently was when a local guy told me a few weeks back that he had requested a refund for his Hobbit deposit and payments. I can't remember how much it was, but I think he had put about $5000 toward it. He was told it would be 2 weeks to "process" his refund, and he would have it by a certain date. I talked to him about 4 days after the deadline had passed, and he had not heard anything and had not received his money. I thought this was interesting, just because in the past JJP had been very attentive and responsive about refunding money that was asked back. I know at least a few people that got their WOZ money back within a day or two. That was several months and even maybe more than a year back. But things don't appear to be running the same way now.

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! After reading all this stuff i think Gary has the right idea and just not communicate with anyone in a public forum.

Gary doesn't have to come explain himself or why he is not delivering. If holding someone to their word is too much to ask, then they should all put up or shut up.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Overestimating the support and goodwill from the pinball community when starting a new Pinball Company.

What's the time limit on this, Ted? How long does he need to be in business before he is out from under that umbrella? 3 years is clearly not enough time. 4? A decade? Or just long enough to invent another excuse? Could you let us know, please?

#852 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You're right...he's a bad guy, running a crooked business just looking to screw pinball fans. Silly me. I hope he goes out of business soon.

That is about how much substance and intelligent conversation I expected. Carry on with you emojis and boob pics, toastmaster.

#857 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Still twice as much as you give. Must be fun being you....

Christmas lights. That's about it. Never seen anything more.

#858 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Still twice as much as you give. Must be fun being you....

Christmas lights. That's about it. Never seen anything more.

#922 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

If you guys are so angry about the way JPP is handling this fiasco why not just call your local news outlet to run a story. When you leave it on pinside the problem is contained to one forum. Get all together and send a "communiqué" with all your names and contact info and state the facts. Believe me once CNN or NBC start calling for comments it will light a fire! What you are all doing here is nothing short of kicking a can down the street!

Are you serious? Jack had letters threatening suit sent out for people saying that the machine sucked on RGP.

#927 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Let him sue me for slander..... LOL what a pile of crap!
People are allowed to say what they want (especially if what they are saying is true). If Jack wants to file suit on everyone he's gonna have a foot in his mouth and a boot up his ass in no time. People's frustrations here are founded and proven. JJP is in a big mess right now. What would he sue for "patience". People have paid upfront for years and this guy has broken pretty much every promise he has made. It wouldn't take long for any lawyer to realize this and hop on the band wagon.
It's simple really. Company promises product by x-date. Product never delivered. The END!
I don't own a JJP product. But can sympathize.

My point is that he has already paid a lawyer to waste the time to sent letters out for RGP stuff. Just because a claim might have no merit doesn't mean that someone can't go ahead and file it and waste your time and money in doing so. Nobody wants to deal with the headache, even in the face of wrong or injustice or whatever they want righted.

#932 9 years ago

Why is there all this reference to MMr money pouring into JJP? Pinballsales.com sold some MMr machines, but that money went to PPS for the machines. Sure, Pinballsales.com saw a little cut on the machines it sold, but the vast majority of that money went to PPS. JJP is a different entity entirely, and wouldn't see any profit from MMr sales. Even if there was some trickle down, it would be to the tune of $500 per MMr sold, or so. Not a huge cash infusion.

Quoted from sanctumwear:

I wonder why PPS/CGC isn't using the JJP factory?

Really?

#935 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

logistics? idk. maybe Stern charged less?

Ummmm....how about because Stern's factory is bigger, produces far more games, and has a track record of actually building lots of machines in timely order?

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Is there a thread somewhere on RGP about this? If so, whats the name of it?

I don't know. Didn't see it on a forum. I have seen it discussed in various places. But I knew of it independant of that.

#942 9 years ago

To clarify, I have hard evidence of one letter and can speak with certainty that it exists, and was sent in reference to comments made by an individual on RGP. I have heard rumors of at least one other, maybe two. But I have not seen them to confirm. This was quite a while back. More than a year.

#945 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Do you really believe Jack sent a cease and desist to someone just for saying WOZ wan't fun?
There was a total troll on RGP who was spreading all kinds of lies and misinformation about WOZ and JJP as WOZ was being developed. I can believe Jack sent something to him.

It was not a cease & desist. It was more of a reservation of rights to act in the future letter.

#948 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What does a "reservation of rights to act letter" legally do?

Nothing at all. It was a scare letter.

#949 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Not having an actual position in this hasn't stopped anyone else.

Nor should it. Pinball forum. Pinball company. Pinball hobbyists. Pinball money. Pinball resources. Pinball connections.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is there a cliff's notes of what's going on here? I'm trying to make sense of the situation...
It sounds like X number of people gave money to a JJP distributor in AUS, but this distributor only gave JJP money for Y games? Or was it not a distributor and just a middleman?
Also, do people not have receipts of sending payment to someone so that refunds or legal action can be taken? If I were out that much money, I feel like I would be doing a lot more than posting on a forum. I'd be on the phone with Jack or lawyers or someone.

Money was given to a distro in Australia for WOZ games, in varying amounts, by 79 different people. Distro gave JJP deposit money for the 79 (which amounted to enough money to pay for 22 full WOZ machines). Then Distro went belly up and flew the coop. The 79 got together an worked up a plan to sell the machines and divy up the money amongst the 79. Jack came on here a month or so ago and said he would deliver the 22 games and keep the Aussies in the loop. This thread was created when nothing further had happened on that front. Jack came on here eventually and said he needed to know the details of the plan agreed to by the 79, and that there would have to be a system that made sense in place. That catches it up to now.

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really? Anyone have a scanned copy? That is surprising to hear.

PM me

#965 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think you should also include the posts and user it was in response to.

I am not doing that. I would leave that to the person receiving it to make it pulic knowledge, if he wished. But plenty of attorneys have "reviewed" the letter and universally agree that it is nonsense at best and actionable improper threat at worst.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.