IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#59 9 years ago

For what it's worth, I had a WOZ with issues.
I ended up contacting Jack directly. I was super-impressed when he picked up the phone himself and made time for me.
He made me a promise to make everything right. It took longer than was originally discussed, but in the end everything worked out. I found that he was/is a man of his honour. I am certain that JJP lost money on the sale of the WOZ that I bought after everything was said and done.
I never posted my issue publicly.
So that's my story/firsthand experience.

With respect to your issues, I would recommend the following:

since you're asking Jack for assistance (I expect he could have told you all to take a hike, legally, right?), why don't you give him some time instead of publicly posting the problem, trying to shame him into helping you?
Bumper was the one who outright screwed you guys, not Jack.
I'm really sorry that you guys went through that. I can't imagine how frustrating this must have been for you all (and continues to be), but don't take that frustration out on the one person who's going to help you.
Especially given the fact that he's trying to run a new company.
IF (and it's only rumour based. I have nothing official to go on) his new company is having cash flow challenges -as most new companies do, then it's pretty impressive that he's stepping up to the plate to help you all out. He may however need more time. Be patient. -and best of luck to you guys. I do hope it works out as best as it can for you all.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Maybe Jack uses a film camera? He might have to take the film to the drug store for developing.
This would explain why we haven't seen his promised photos!
Or then again, maybe he just makes so many broken promises it just doesn't matter to him anymore.
Who knows?

Just for the record, you've been trying to draw attention to the fact that you want Jack's help by shaming him into helping you.
After reading a number of your insulting comments, I personally hope he tells you to take a flying ___.
You're being a complete dick and it's time to chill out.

You'll attract more flies with honey than you will with vinegar my friend.

#300 9 years ago

Seriously though: the way this should have played out is Bumper claims bankruptcy and lists JJP as a $130k/whatever creditor. Jack pays the bankruptcy trustee and the buyers get pennies on the dollar.
The fact that this hasn't happened properly/legally helped to create this whole gongshow.

1 week later
#868 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep if you want a game, I'd almost guarantee new orders will get games before those that preordered. That's what happened with WOZ. I can buy one today, while 200 people are still waiting for a LE.
Please explain how that is acceptable?

It's perfectly acceptable!

-those of us who don't pre-order

4 weeks later
#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Its been 5 weeks since this post started and your still no closer to any guarantees of getting any machines........ all your getting is excuses after excuses........ oh wait till after open day, have to talk to lawyers, have to draw up papers, need agreements from woz group, now have to talk to production guy.
Next it will be oh sorry we are making 75th anniversary editions, oh sorry now its Hobbit, oh sorry we have no money.........
Does not take 5 weeks to sort a agreement and the fact they haven't even started on them is ridiculous.......... why talk to the production guy when you have not sorted the paperwork, sounds like he is leading you on a wild goose chase.

You're what we call "a douchebag".
Since the open house was yesterday, and Jack said "after open day", why not wait until, say, mid week before you start to flame him?

I know you guys are disappointed, and rightly so. But I really think that none of you understand what it's like to run a business. Cash flow is almost never "clean"; ie: your deposits aren't sitting in a bank account reserved for the parts and payroll that it will cost for people to put the pins together. Whether it's Bumper, or Jack, that money was likely spent months/years ago, and now Jack likely isn't sitting on buckets of cash to build your machines, hence the delay.
In Bumpers scenario, he closed shop and left you all high and dry. With Jack, it sounds like he's doing his best to make you whole again. You could at least stop flaming the guy.

I just don't understand how morons can come on here, complaining about why Stern takes so long to release new code updates or why Jack hasn't sent out 20+ machines yet! as if either scenario is straight forward and simple, and as though Stern/JJP is reading Pinside, laughing at your posts, with the code ready, or the pins sitting in storage, waiting for them to simply make a phone call. With both Sterns StarTrek code, and JJPs WOZs for Australia, there are legal considerations and these can take FOREVER.

If you have open dialogue, that's a great start.
I'll say it again: when I had a problem with my WOZ, Jack made it right, at a cost to him.
It didn't happen as fast as was first quoted, but I got a new machine and everything worked put in the end.
With 20+ machines, I can appreciate why this is dragging on.

Hang in there, it'll work out. Jack's a man of his word (but doesn't always make good on his timing, as well as he'd like).

Post edited by moderator: Personal attacks not allowed.

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

No need to call people douche bags, JJP has had ample time to get his shit sorted but there is always one excuse after another, why can't he just make a date and stick to it or get things sort asap ...........I mean he just sent 19 machines to Europe, why not Australia?
I have a WOZ machine but have 3 friends I know out $10000 and I can't appreciate how long this is going on as JJP has known about this issue and was contacted over a year ago........ you hear that you arse clown over 1 year ago he was contacted about this, now mates waiting over 1 year ago for a machine paid for over 3 years ago and now been given excuse after excuse is why there is frustration.

Not sure if you've ever gotten a divorce, or been sued before, but if you have, maybe you can appreciate how long things can take legally? It seems that the world isn't as simple as we'd like it to be.
Again, I have no idea what's happening financially, but nobody's confirmed that Jack's rolling in dough.
Do the math and I expect you will come to the conclusion that a start up pin manufacturer who only has one pin for sale, paying all the monthly costs there are, is probably not able to follow through with 20 machines as quickly as he'd like to.
Give him time. No need to tell everyone that "he's giving you the run-around".
Doing so does not help the situation for anyone.

#1146 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's what we call a "personal attack".

You know what? You're right.
Mato, I shouldn't have stooped to that level. My apologies.

#1180 9 years ago

If you've never watched "The House of Sand and Fog", I highly recommend it.
Few things are as simple as they appear from 1 point of view.

1 month later
#1377 9 years ago

So who's to blame now? JJP for making every little step take way longer than necessary, or is it now on the buyers because they're taking forever to get the paperwork signed and returned?

Seems to me as though every little thing DOES take forever and MAYBE just MAYBE, Jack should never have been put on a spit and publicly roasted per many previous comments, after all.
Hmmmm?

#1379 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

So a couple of months of delay potentially due to the buyers getting legal documents finalized with 70+ people as opposed to years of broken promises and deadlines from JJP. Hmmmm

Agreed that JJP took WAY longer than first stated on the actual release of the game. If you're still sore over that, you're in the wrong hobby. (Ask any Magic Girl, RAZA, or Predator buyers!)

My point was that JJP was flamed on this website for being deceitful. It was made out that he was lying and avoiding the issue of the refund/replacement pins. Now that a simple task is to be done (signing paperwork), it becomes very obvious that even the simple things take longer than we'd like. Especially when there are legal issues.

Given we're now at the point where Jack has agreed to not only offer up these machines (which honestly, he isn't even obliged to do since the bankruptcy lawyers for Bumper haven't asked him for the refunds back -likely because Bumper broke the agreement by not providing all the funds?), but make special editions! I think it's well past due for some of the flame-happy-pin-monkeys to own up to your false accusations.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Jack is a man of his word and is a good guy to deal with.

The End.

#1388 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Very mature response.

I'm not sore about anything. Just trying to keep some perspective. You started your post with "So who's to blame now". I don't see how trying to paint people that have had their money stolen as part of the problem because they've taken a couple of months in getting 70+ people to sign legal documents is helpful.
Yes things can be more complex than they seem. And that's why a company should manage their customers expectations and not make promises they can't deliver on. Providing realistic deadlines would also prevent some people from making negative statements about Jacks ethics. The legal obligation for the money paid would also be more complex than saying JJP don't have to pay it back because the Bumper 2 liquidators didn't have an interest in it. The reason they didn't has already been covered in this thread and was basically due to more dodgy behaviour by Bumper management.
I think it's great to see JJP committing to helping these guys out. And i'm not going to make any judgements about Jack as a person as i've never met him.
I'd also be more than happy for you to point out any flaming i've done or false accusations I've made.

If you weren't one of the people that flamed Jack earlier, why would you think this was aimed at you?
The thread is 28 pages long. My comments do not apply to everyone who's posted, just those who were treating Jack like a lying criminal, trying to make it sound like this was a simple issue that could be resolved with the flip of a switch.

#1390 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Because typically when you quote someone you are responding to their post. So when you say

it indicates you are directing it at the person you quoted. Otherwise it would be more appropriate to say:
I think it's well past due for some of the flame-happy-pin-monkeys to own up to their false accusations.

I said "some of".
But just to clarify, I've edited my post.
Either way, the previous accusers on here should be back up to the plate, with apologies to Jack and co.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.