IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 30.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Cat piss or not - I like Foster's....Heck, maybe I just like beer.

I just want Jack to get these games made and sent to Australia. Then we can all have a laugh and blow the froth off a couple!!! Fosters is Australia 1980's. We've come a long long way since then. Young Henry's or Willie the Boatman.
PICTURES JACK!!! Or it didn't happen.

#252 9 years ago

sorry that was my fault.
yes pics would be nice of the machines headin to aust.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Then we can all have a laugh and blow the froth off a couple!!! Fosters is Australia 1980's. We've come a long long way since then. Young Henry's or Willie the Boatman. ...

Willie ?

Steamboat-willie.jpgSteamboat-willie.jpg

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I am toying with dipping my toe in the water as an operator ( only JJP machines by the way ) in the UK. I just wondered if you could give me some idea of the financial arrangement with the WOZ owner ? Is he solely on a percentage of takings ?

I mean, that is always up to you and the owner of said machines, it has nothing to do with a Wizard of Oz specifically, some people take 50/50, some do 40/60 for maintaining, etc...

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I mean, that is always up to you and the owner of said machines, it has nothing to do with a Wizard of Oz specifically, some people take 50/50, some do 40/60 for maintaining, etc...

I just wondered whether the WOZ was different from the other machines. If you own all the other machines and these are the ones you list on your website the WOZ may suffer from some lack of promotion. Don't get me wrong I say may. What I think is certain is that some people ( who knows how many ) will visit you if they know it is there.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Young Henry's or Willie the Boatman.

Pictures or it didn't happen....

#257 9 years ago

Foster's is bad?

But, but... Crocodile Dundee himself said "it's Australian for beer, mate!"

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Foster's is bad?
But, but... Crocodile Dundee himself said "it's Australian for beer, mate!"

Crocodile Dundee was a COMEDY

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Maybe Jack uses a film camera? He might have to take the film to the drug store for developing.
This would explain why we haven't seen his promised photos!
Or then again, maybe he just makes so many broken promises it just doesn't matter to him anymore.
Who knows?

Just for the record, you've been trying to draw attention to the fact that you want Jack's help by shaming him into helping you.
After reading a number of your insulting comments, I personally hope he tells you to take a flying ___.
You're being a complete dick and it's time to chill out.

You'll attract more flies with honey than you will with vinegar my friend.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

take it easy, he asked pretty nicely.
and i prefer a hop hog to that fosters cats piss. best beer in australia.

hophogferal.jpg 10 KB

Now that's my kind of beer, and Fosters comes from you Aussies! I want to order some Feral Hog, that should be a Texas beer with those hogs everywhere!

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Just for the record, you've been trying to draw attention to the fact that you want Jack's help by shaming him into helping you.
After reading a number of your insulting comments, I personally hope he tells you to take a flying __.

It's a shame I can only give you one thumbs up..

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

It's a shame I can only give you one thumbs up..

...I did it for ya!

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I just wondered whether the WOZ was different from the other machines. If you own all the other machines and these are the ones you list on your website the WOZ may suffer from some lack of promotion. Don't get me wrong I say may. What I think is certain is that some people ( who knows how many ) will visit you if they know it is there.

We don't promote anything honestly. I am not someone that is striving for attention, even for my businesses.

Everyone that knows about pinball in my area that cares to come out and play knows about Game Galaxy. If they don't they are living under a rock. None of them seem to care too much about Wizard of Oz. I mean, we have far better pins there that I don't promote. Anytime we get a game in it goes on our Facebook page...that's about it...

I mean, as much stuff as you hear about places as PAPA tournament sites, classic tournament stuff, all these movies about people involving classic games, etc. We are still the hole in the wall that a lot of people don't talk about (but have much better stuff) and I've been an arcade rat since 1980...it's kind of enjoyable not being on everyone's radar but believe me, people know about it that support the place, and they don't seem to care as much about Wizard of Oz...

Top pins in terms of being played frequently are:
Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Tron, Dracula, Ac/DC, Metallica, Scared Stiff, Spider-Man, White Water...

Though now I see that I am really off on a tangent and this has nothing to do with the issue at hand from the thread operator.

#264 9 years ago

image-680.jpgimage-680.jpg

After reading a number of your insulting comments, I personally hope he tells you to take a flying __.

THUMBS UP!!!!!

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I’ve got to say that I find the responses in this thread very confusing.

From my understanding of the situation:

JJP is in possession of $130K of the Bumper victim’s money. Some people have stated that JJP has no legal obligation to return the money due to the fact that the distributor folded. That apparently this means that any money paid for these games by these people suddenly becomes a gift to JJP. Now I'm no legal expert but I would be very surprised if this is even remotely true. If there are any people with legal expertise that can point to the law that states this could they please post a link. I for one would be very interested in reading it. According to posts from other affected people due to the dodgy way that Bumper went about the receivership process the receivers have no interest in this money (they didn't include any mention of the money or obligations and didn't advise the 79 that they were going into receivership). And there is very clear proof (including an admission by Jack that he holds the money) that this money is for their games. You say that the OP is trying to shame Jack into helping him. Why is expecting the games that JJP has the money for classified as asking for help? If i pay for a product I classify it as a purchase, not a favour. I would be amazed if there was no legal recourse for the Bumper victims to commence action against JJP. Obviously the fact that Jack has stated he is sending games to the value of the money he holds would mean that hopefully this isn't something that eventuates.

In relation to Bumper it was mentioned previously that there are avenues for legal action against the people that actually stole the money but that the money is gone and so the end result would be significantly more legal fees and no money recovered. Obviously throwing good money after bad.

The OP has also stated that they have tried to resolve this in private with Jack but it has gone nowhere. Does this mean they just have to sit quietly in the corner until JJP provides the games that they hold the money for? Why is the OP expected to just keep asking nicely and quietly and why do so many people vehemently defend JJP when there is a history of deadlines that JJP has failed to meet? When does JJP become accountable for this? I can’t think of any other businesses I have seen where this is not only tolerated but defended. A good business should manage customer expectations. Under-promise and over-deliver. But JJP seem to have gone down the opposite path and repeatedly over-promise and under-deliver. Yet still people seem to take it very personally when someone says something about JJP they don’t agree with. Surely JJP is capable of defending themselves if they believe they are acting reasonably.

Someone used an analogy of a car dealership. If you paid for a new car and the dealer said you’ll have it in two weeks when it’s delivered by Ford but six months later Ford still hadn't provided your car to the dealer would people just say “That’s ok. Ford is a good company. I'm happy to keep waiting.” I doubt it. It’s great that people are happy to wait until JJP delivers but it doesn't mean that it’s the right of the company to keep the customer waiting by making deadlines that they either can’t or won’t keep.

Maybe people could keep in mind that even when the 79 Bumper victims receive the games that is just one more step in a pretty crappy journey. They still have to try to convert them into cash to split between them. For me it’s completely understandable that someone who has been through what they have has given up on diplomacy. Jack stated on this forum 4 weeks ago that he would be shipping the games in a few weeks and would post pics beforehand. The easy way to defuse this situation would just be to post the promised pics. As Jack said “pictures or it didn't happen”

#266 9 years ago

....ya lost me at, "I've got to say..."

#267 9 years ago

hey,

with all the Aussie's on here...
is this the real map of Australia ?

australia-dangers.jpgaustralia-dangers.jpg

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hey,

australia-dangers.jpg 33 KB

Pretty close but your missing all our deadly snakes and spiders as there everywhere.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Pretty close but your missing all our deadly snakes and spiders as there everywhere.

That's right. We do have animals other than pets over here. And you might need to remove Steve Irwin from the map.

#270 9 years ago

<blockquote cite="#1757309"
The OP has also stated that they have tried to resolve this in private with Jack but it has gone nowhere. Does this mean they just have to sit quietly in the corner until JJP provides the games that they hold the money for? Why is the OP expected to just keep asking nicely and quietly and why do so many people vehemently defend JJP when there is a history of deadlines that JJP has failed to meet? When does JJP become accountable for this? I can’t think of any other businesses I have seen where this is not only tolerated but defended.

This is exactly right, Jacks doing no one a favour by sending 22 games, he's been f@cking paid for them!
In fact, we've done him one enormous favour effectively giving him a 130k interest free loan for two years. His options again are to build and ship the machines he's been paid for and show us a few pictures like he said he would, or keep the money, send nothing like he has to date and forever been known as one of the biggest pinball crooks of all time.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

<blockquote cite="#1757309"
The OP has also stated that they have tried to resolve this in private with Jack but it has gone nowhere. Does this mean they just have to sit quietly in the corner until JJP provides the games that they hold the money for? Why is the OP expected to just keep asking nicely and quietly and why do so many people vehemently defend JJP when there is a history of deadlines that JJP has failed to meet? When does JJP become accountable for this? I can’t think of any other businesses I have seen where this is not only tolerated but defended.
This is exactly right, Jacks doing no one a favour by sending 22 games, he's been f@cking paid for them!
In fact, we've done him one enormous favour effectively giving him a 130k interest free loan for two years. His options again are to build and ship the machines he's been paid for and show us a few pictures like he said he would, or keep the money, send nothing like he has to date and forever been known as one of the biggest pinball crooks of all time.

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier to just get the money back and divide it up rather than getting machines and having to sell them.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier to just get the money back and divide it up rather than getting machines and having to sell them.

He can't, there's no one to send it too. Bumper is gone and the administrators finished with the case.The idea of getting the machines is that we can sell them for more than 130k so there will be more money to split up to minimise our losses overall. Again, Jacks not doing any massive favours, we shouldn't have to tippy toe around and live in fear of upsetting him. He should wake up to himself, start communicating like any other respectable business would, not some shonky backyard used car salesmen that he turning out to be.

#273 9 years ago

Jack will send as many games as he has been paid for

Not sure how it will be decided who gets one as not all the money was sent to Jack by Bumper

Probably best if he just sends the money back

Probably best you don't blame Jack

And why do these bumper guys still have fingers to play pinball with?

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

He can't, there's no one to send it too. Bumper is gone and the administrators finished with the case.The idea of getting the machines is that we can sell them for more than 130k so there will be more money to split up to minimise our losses overall. Again, Jacks not doing any massive favours, we shouldn't have to tippy toe around and live in fear of upsetting him. He should wake up to himself, start communicating like any other respectable business would, not some shonky backyard used car salesmen that he turning out to be.

I'm not sure if there is a big enough want over here for Woz and if these would sell.........$130000 divided by 22 is $6k a machine is that what your going to sell these at.

Also what happens to the other 57 people that had deposits down, do they get anything or is it just for the people that have fully paid.

Looks like it could be another bumper mess just this time with the woz group.

#275 9 years ago

Playerone will you at least say the mess is not Jacks fault but rather Bumper's.

In regards to 130k interest free loan, there are hundreds of people in the same boat. Not just the Aussie 79. ( I am not a fan of this preorder caper and do not defend it)

I am still puzzled how the hell the machines are going to sell and have the money divided up. I really think no one has thought this through.

What is going to be the selling price?, who is holding the money?, when will it be divided?, etc

I feel for all of you guys but seriously rethink this selling and divide the money idea.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....ya lost me at, "I've got to say..."

yeah that was pretty complicated...

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Playerone will you at least say the mess is not Jacks fault but rather Bumper's.
In regards to 130k interest free loan, there are hundreds of people in the same boat. Not just the Aussie 79. ( I am not a fan of this preorder caper and do not defend it)
I am still puzzled how the hell the machines are going to sell and have the money divided up. I really think no one has thought this through.
What is going to be the selling price?, who is holding the money?, when will it be divided?, etc
I feel for all of you guys but seriously rethink this selling and divide the money idea.

Bumper folding was not Jacks fault and I have never said it was. Jack made plenty of delivery date broken promises to Bumper that if were kept things may have turned out differently. We will never know. You have to remember, WOZ orders to Bumper were made around the peak of the Limited Edition sales tactic hysteria that had at the time been recently started by Stern. So the fear of missing out on the grail model made many pay up front for a thought bubble. Jack then hits a few unseen hurdles, dates keep being pushed back. Bumper aren't making enough regular sales so they start dipping into the WOZ deposit money to pay for everyday running costs. They did however send 150k to Jack, $130 of which he still has.
The machine will be sold at full retail which is around $10,000 I think. So if we get $220,000 that then get divided between 79 people. Not evenly of course, someone who has paid in full might get $4k and someone who has paid $2500 might get $900. There is finer detail on this and I'm just giving a rough example. Although no one will be getting anything if Jack keeps money and send a nothing.

#278 9 years ago

I think you can be confident you will get the games as long as JJP is in business and making pinball machines. It's just a matter of time. Hopefully this nightmare will put an end to the Limited Edition concept and Special Editions ( as many as the company can sell ) will become the norm.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hey,

australia-dangers.jpg 33 KB

You seriously don't want us to start listing all the completely F'd up things that have happened in the USA or come from the USA do you? Terrorism, countless school massacres, slavery, KKK, abducted kids that are imprisoned and kept as sex slaves, countless reality TV shows that are nothing but rubbish, the Kardashians and I am sure the list can go on and on and on. ;o)

#280 9 years ago

Walmart
Supasize portions
Oversoft car suspension
Crack cocaine

And then there's the positives:

Walmart
Supasize portions
Coors beer
Camaro
Pinball

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I'm not sure if there is a big enough want over here for Woz and if these would sell.........$130000 divided by 22 is $6k a machine is that what your going to sell these at.
Also what happens to the other 57 people that had deposits down, do they get anything or is it just for the people that have fully paid.
Looks like it could be another bumper mess just this time with the woz group.

So what do you suggest?

I can't think of a better way actually. I am unsure if the machines will sell at RRP either but the group knows who paid what. That figure gets converted to a %'age or entitlement. When all machines are sold off, each person gets an agreed amount that corresponds to the amount they initially deposited. Each of the 79 get an opportunity to buy one of the machines and I am sure if there aren't enough machines to go round, some sort of raffle will be held to determine who gets the opportunity to buy a machine. Seems quite straight forward this end, the guys just need the machines to sell or at the very least, some sort of update evidenced by pics as was agreed and promised by JJP.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

So what do you suggest?
I can't think of a better way actually. I am unsure if the machines will sell at RRP either but the group knows who paid what. That figure gets converted to a %'age or entitlement. When all machines are sold off, each person gets an agreed amount that corresponds to the amount they initially deposited. Each of the 79 get an opportunity to buy one of the machines and I am sure if there aren't enough machines to go round, some sort of raffle will be held to determine who gets the opportunity to buy a machine. Seems quite straight forward this end, the guys just need the machines to sell or at the very least, some sort of update evidenced by pics as was agreed and promised by JJP.

So if you have already paid in full for a woz and been stung by bumper....... then you are given an option to rebuy again at $10,000

So you end up out laying $20,000 for a Woz you might have more legal action from the people that have paid in full if they don't get one of those machines.

If those 22 machines that JJ is sending are for the full paying woz people then you might have to check the legality of it all as their sent with the intention of filling those full payments orders.

#283 9 years ago

Did the 79 people all sign something that says jack can send the 22 games to one person who will be responsible for selling and distrubuting the cash after what will be another longer process of selling 22 games at top dollar? That sounds like what will amount to the next thread. Jack gave our 22 games to someone that not all 79 people agree with holding them.

#284 9 years ago

JJP should just send the legal representative 130k and be done with all this. I am guessing that unfortunately you will complain if he does that...

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Did the 79 people all sign something that says jack can send the 22 games to one person who will be responsible for selling and distrubuting the cash after what will be another longer process of selling 22 games at top dollar? That sounds like what will amount to the next thread. Jack gave our 22 games to someone that not all 79 people agree with holding them.

It was a group vote and happened in November last year after Jack agreed to the deal.

Quoted from Mato:

So if you have already paid in full for a woz and been stung by bumper....... then you are given an option to rebuy again at $10,000
So you end up out laying $20,000 for a Woz you might have more legal action from the people that have paid in full if they don't get one of those machines.
If those 22 machines that JJ is sending are for the full paying woz people then you might have to check the legality of it all as their sent with the intention of filling those full payments orders.

No you don't pay 20k. If you buy a machine from the group, depending how much you originally paid you will still be receiving your share of the 22 sale proceeds. You might end up having to pay 15k for your WOZ. The choice will be up to the individual.

I'm glad this thread has been able to shed some light on the back story of this mess. I'm sure this whole situation would have been the last thing Jack wanted to happen. He's probably learnt many a lesson through this process, even for someone with such a deep industry experience. I still think he means well, although he's only going to be damaging his brand further by not acknowledging the one thing that allows his business to exist. His customers.
If you treat your customers with disrespect and contempt. It's a downward spiral. No promised updates. Pictures or it didnt happen. Nothing.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JJP should just send the legal representative 130k and be done with all this. I am guessing that unfortunately you will complain if he does that...

I'm pretty sure I'm not drawing a long bow on this, but I would say he hasn't got 130k to send back. If he did, there wouldn't be so many people waiting on ECLE's in the States. At least he's stopped taking deposits on TH. that could save some tears.

#287 9 years ago

OK I'm missing something again. Weren't these games $6500 when you bought them and $7500 now? Not sure what currency you are referencing, but the Australian dollar is within 6 cents of the American dollar so that doesn't really matter. Are WoZLE really selling for $10K down there - especially when you drop another 22 in the mix? You might want to figure on getting the current retail price at best.

#288 9 years ago

You seriously don't want us to start listing all the completely F'd up things that have happened in the USA or come from the USA do you? Terrorism, countless school massacres, slavery, KKK, abducted kids that are imprisoned and kept as sex slaves, countless reality TV shows that are nothing but rubbish, the Kardashians and I am sure the list can go on and on and on. ;o)

haha...
that's just the list for Texas

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JJP should just send the legal representative 130k and be done with all this.

That would make the most sense but if a company returns real money they are loosing the profit from each unit they build to fill that partial order.

#290 9 years ago

build what the money represents and legally cover your arse to whoever is in charge and will receive them on behalf of the creditors which by the sounds of it are no longer creditors in the land of OZ. You may need every person involved to sign off on any further "action" against JJP. I would get that going now

#291 9 years ago

Here's an idea, if the USA is so messed up why don't you guys build your own pinball machine? Or anything of value for that matter instead of buying our stuff then complaining about it. Don't open the topic of which country is better unless you're ready for a landslide of comments. We can start with how each country came to exist.

#292 9 years ago

wow just wow! im hoping your the exception to the "type" of people and intelligent remarks that come from the land down under!

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Here's an idea, if the USA is so messed up why don't you guys build your own pinball machine? Or anything of value for that matter instead of buying our stuff then complaining about it. Don't open the topic of which country is better unless you're ready for a landslide of comments. We can start with how each country came to exist.

Mate take a chill pill, if you read the comments it started way back with a beer comment and started by the USA, its all friendly banter don't blow it up into a pissing comp........ where all friends here with the same interest on pinside that's what makes this site good.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

wow just wow! im hoping your the exception to the "type" of people and intelligent remarks that come from the land down under!

I thought you were watching the world cup.......lol

#295 9 years ago

i am with computer on lap! finally refs put whistle away let the shins get bruised!

#296 9 years ago

Yep doing the same with my tablet, watching and surfing at the same time..........

#297 9 years ago

ps. here's how Texan's see the US

map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpgmap-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg

#298 9 years ago

"Jack made plenty of delivery date broken promises to Bumper that if were kept things may have turned out differently."

This is stupid logic here. They have said repeatedly that Bumper blew the rest of peoples money they paid instead of sending it to Jack.

Not to mention that receiving the 22 machines is just another shit storm waiting to happen. What happens when they are there and 79 people show up with claim to part of them? If they are up for sale and someone offers $8500.00 for one vs $10,000.00, do all 79 people have to agree on the price?

I fully agree that there are victims here, but think through things before you wildly post things here. It really doesn't help your case.

#299 9 years ago

Let's get back to more important issues....

bally sega.jpgbally sega.jpg
#300 9 years ago

Seriously though: the way this should have played out is Bumper claims bankruptcy and lists JJP as a $130k/whatever creditor. Jack pays the bankruptcy trustee and the buyers get pennies on the dollar.
The fact that this hasn't happened properly/legally helped to create this whole gongshow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.