IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 30.
#1302 9 years ago

You might want to edit this post to make it clear up top that you're cutting and pasting an old email from "New Bumper" -- a bit confusing otherwise!

#1303 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You might want to edit this post to make it clear up top that you're cutting and pasting an old email from "New Bumper" -- a bit confusing otherwise!

I agree. I was reading it and like "What??". Then I got to the bottom and heard "April Fools".

#1304 9 years ago

So, per the original post.. there is $450,000 total "out of pocket" by customers correct? and JJP, depending on which post you read, has somewhere between $150k-$120k (i've seen different numbers out there) of it to turn into 22 games. The remaining 300k.. are you all doing anything to get the guy arrested for fraud or other options? Do you guys have any expose' news programs that could at least shame him / get attention? Or if he has really fled to the states.. seems like might be some local reporter in san jose or something that might like to pick this up at least for a public shaming? San Jose is silicon valley territory so this has enough tech / nerd / outrage appeal might get somebody to bite.

#1305 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So, per the original post.. there is $450,000 total "out of pocket" by customers correct?

That is not my understanding.

#1306 9 years ago

Ok, I was just going on the original thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-machines-jack-guarnieri

mid last year the news broke that Bumper Action the then distributor for Jersey Jack Pinball had gone into administration leaving 79 buyers of the Wizard of Oz pinball machine out of pocket to the tune of around $450,000."

#1307 9 years ago

My bad, I misunderstood.

It really is a crazy situation. People are out $450k, and these people want 22 WOZLE's from Jack based on the money he received and they will sell those 22 pins and divide it up among the group to partially recover their $450k?

What a mess.

#1308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My bad, I misunderstood.
It really is a crazy situation. People are out $450k, and these people want 22 WOZLE's from Jack based on the money he received and they will sell those 22 pins and divide it up among the group to partially recover their $450k?
What a mess.

Yep massive mess and JJP has known this all along, the WOZ group aren't being greedy and going for all the money they have cut their losses and are just going for the fully paid machines.

Good thing is there all in it together and it would be easy for the fully paid 22 to say stuff the rest of you we want our money only, but even though they have lost a lot their willing to share with everyone that has lost.

#1309 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yep massive mess and JJP has known this all along, the WOZ group aren't being greedy and going for all the money they have cut their losses and are just going for the fully paid machines.
Good thing is there all in it together and it would be easy for the fully paid 22 to say stuff the rest of you we want our money only, but even though they have lost a lot their willing to share with everyone that has lost.

Its not quite like that. The money jack has is the initial deposits that JJP required from everyone who paid. The rest of the money paid ( those that paid more than the initial deposit and those that paid in full was what went into the void after some creative accounting.

#1310 9 years ago

Once the 22 games are received and sold, the money will be split up on a percentage basis on how much was actually paid.

#1311 9 years ago

Do the 60 WOZLE's that JJP says are left to make include the 22 that are supposed to go to Australia?

#1312 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do the 60 WOZLE's that JJP says are left to make include the 22 that are supposed to go to Australia?

Not quite sure.

#1313 9 years ago

None of the 22 pins will be kept by anyone? Why not just get the money instead?

#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

After looking at the options, the preferred option was to get the games and sell them.

#1315 9 years ago

So is there nothing further really about going after the $300k that's also missing ?

#1316 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So is there nothing further really about going after the $300k that's also missing ?

Would be sending good money in after bad.

#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I wouldn't call it missing. It's gone. I.e., spent. Company is bankrupt (or whatever term they use for it in Australia). The letter from the liquidator posted by Ballypinball indicated that there did not appear to be any funds from which the depositors would receive any money.

Honestly what happened to these poor people in Australia should be a warning to us all in terms of what can happen when you pre-order a pin that doesn't actually exist yet.

#1318 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Stolen by Bumper long ago. Nothing to get back and the company no longer exists.

#1319 9 years ago

how about just getting him in jail / stringing him up?

#1320 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

how about just getting him in jail / stringing him up?

Champ, this fella is probably not very far from you

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Not quite sure.

With only a few more items to negotiate we are closer than ever to seeing production of the lost 22.
Jack has been in contact almost daily, he is motivated and wants this finalised as much as we do.
In regard to the machines, there won't be any of the originally ordered ECLE's being sent as they were unfortunately lost due to Bumpers fraud.
However, Jack wanted to do something "special". Pending the results of a WOZ group vote of approval, which is underway at the moment, the proposal is to make the "WOZ RESCUE EDITION".
It will be strictly limited to 22 numbered machines that will only be for sale in Australia.
The idea of the RESCUE theme came as a representation of the whole sorry saga. It also ties into one of the games major modes. Understand people might say there are already enough versions, but we really did need something to make a statement and acknowledge what happened and hopefully bring closure to this mess.

#1322 9 years ago

Bravo!

#1324 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That is not my understanding.

that amount is correct

#1325 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Would be less money back in their pockets if they don't take games. At the time the deposits were taken it was $6500 each, if they sell the 22 games for $8k each they recoupe more of their money right?

#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Would be less money back in their pockets if they don't take games. At the time the deposits were taken it was $6500 each, if they sell the 22 games for $8k each they recoupe more of their money right?

Should be able to sell them for 12-14k each

#1327 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

With only a few more items to negotiate we are closer than ever to seeing production of the lost 22.Jack has been in contact almost daily, he is motivated and wants this finalised as much as we do.In regard to the machines, there won't be any of the originally ordered ECLE's being sent as they were unfortunately lost due to Bumpers fraud.However, Jack wanted to do something "special". Pending the results of a WOZ group vote of approval, which is underway at the moment, the proposal is to make the "WOZ RESCUE EDITION".It will be strictly limited to 22 numbered machines that will only be for sale in Australia.The idea of the RESCUE theme came as a representation of the whole sorry saga. It also ties into one of the games major modes. Understand people might say there are already enough versions, but we really did need something to make a statement and acknowledge what happened and hopefully bring closure to this mess.

Sounds like great ongoing progress. You guys deserve to have your own 'special' version. I don't think you'll hear any complaints about 'another version'.

#1328 9 years ago

That's good news. Love the idea of the "rescue edition". For sure the Aussies will be able to get a premium for the pins.

#1329 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

In regard to the machines, there won't be any of the originally ordered ECLE's being sent as they were unfortunately lost due to Bumpers fraud.

Scotty, you know they were not.

Jack decided to start selling the AU WOZ machines in May/June 2013 without encouragement from Bumper, and he was publicly rumbled on that when a Bumper WOZ customer came to Bumper saying he had seen his game in someone else's living room in USA (on Pinside).

Yes, people have had a messy time getting ANY games as a result of Bumper's behaviour, but Bumper's ECLE games were taken by Jack before the mess became apparent.

I'm pleased that you seem to be getting somewhere with JJP. Proof of the pudding...

(Evidence for above comment: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue/page/16 , posts numbered 769 and 780. The two numbers on the games were allocated to Domenic C. and Hal H. who were Bumper customers, and I have the original JJP invoice to Bumper with those numbers on it.

That sequence gives the US delivery 26 July 2013, about the time old Bumper died and two weeks before JJP advised that the WOZ franchise was going somewhere else. There was another post in another thread of a US guy with his new WOZ in his lounge, the number belonged to a Bumper customer, and I think that was in May 2013 in another thread).

#1330 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

With only a few more items to negotiate we are closer than ever to seeing production of the lost 22.
Jack has been in contact almost daily, he is motivated and wants this finalised as much as we do.
However, Jack wanted to do something "special". Pending the results of a WOZ group vote of approval, which is underway at the moment, the proposal is to make the "WOZ RESCUE EDITION".
It will be strictly limited to 22 numbered machines that will only be for sale in Australia.
The idea of the RESCUE theme came as a representation of the whole sorry saga. It also ties into one of the games major modes. Understand people might say there are already enough versions, but we really did need something to make a statement and acknowledge what happened and hopefully bring closure to this mess.

At least the rescue edition will be something that will give you more value and maybe sell for a higher price..........$12-$140000 I'm not sure about, but should move easily for $10000

#1331 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

"WOZ RESCUE EDITION".

Is there a "bumper mode" where you put $4 in and then after a long period of time, you get $1 credit on the game?

Sorry.... too soon perhaps.

But seriously, VERY cool that JJP is building you guys a special edition.... hopefully it drives up the value (and some of the recovered $$$) for all you guys.

Good luck!

#1332 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

I'm not a fan of making more editions of most games, but this does sound good in my mind. It's a new edition for a purpose. It may raise the value of the games (which will help the WOZ group) and is also tied to a notable story in pinball history.

I also like that all of the rescue editions are just that...the 22 games that are going to rescue this sad situation. If it were another limited edition made just to sell more games....I wouldn't care for it at all, but this is a cool idea.

#1333 9 years ago

Pretty soon WOZ will have more editions than the New York Times.

#1334 9 years ago

Good on JJP!
Great idea for the 22 x Rescue Edition! Applaud you.

Your a good man Jack

#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Pretty soon WOZ will have more editions than the New York Times.

But not as many as ACDC

#1336 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Should be able to sell them for 12-14k each

Regardless taking games was the better way to recoupe more of their money, looks like now it works out even better so u have your answer as to why they were smarter to take games.

#1337 9 years ago

Yeah I was trying so ask, whether any of the 22 games would be bought *again* by the buyers that were expecting them... I guess not...would end up costing them 20,000+

#1338 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah I was trying so ask, whether any of the 22 games would be bought *again* by the buyers that were expecting them... I guess not...would end up costing them 20,000+

I wouldn't want a reminder of how I got screwed sitting in my gameroom.
I would take my % of the cash and move on.

#1339 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Actually Richard, they will almost all be taken up by the ripped off buyers. I already know a few, myself included that couldn't wait for these and have bought the game elsewhere.

#1340 9 years ago

So...they got ripped off for 7k and decided to double down? That's dedication.

#1341 9 years ago

Paying for WOZ twice wasn't my preferred option but I wanted one so I had no choice. If I didn't, it would be something else sitting there anyway.

#1342 9 years ago

^^^Looking for anything else?

#1343 9 years ago

The idea of the "Rescue Edition" was put to a vote within the WOZ group. It has been unanimously agreed upon to accept Jacks offer of the RE. Important step toward the finish line. At this point JJP have done everything they need to do until receiving further direction from the WOZ group. I estimate we have around a weeks worth of work to do on our end before it's JJP's turn again. Stay tuned.

#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

The idea of the "Rescue Edition" was put to a vote within the WOZ group. It has been unanimously agreed upon to accept Jacks offer of the RE. Important step toward the finish line. At this point JJP have done everything they need to do until receiving further direction from the WOZ group. I estimate we have around a weeks worth of work to do on our end before it's JJP's turn again. Stay tuned.

Scott, are we going to see one on location?

#1345 9 years ago

That's the plan,. But a few things to get through first.

#1347 9 years ago

Its been 2 months since the 1st post, what's the latest?

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Post 1316 on this page should bring you up to speed.

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

GOP warns of budget brawl if Obama takes executive action on immigration

UNRESPONSIVE'
Rivers rushed to hospital
in critical condition

2ND AMERICAN KILLED
Minnesota native dies fighting for ISIS in Syria

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.