IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.
#1002 9 years ago

Congratulations DaveH, your the 1000th post........ what do you win? You will win your Woz delivered July 2015.

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Congratulations DaveH, your the 1000th post........ what do you win? You will win your Woz delivered July 2015.

1000 days = 2.73 years so its close enough.

#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

The law states that you can't threaten to sue someone if you don't plan on going through with it.

In every state? Legal authority, please?

#1005 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

The law states that you can't threaten to sue someone if you don't plan on going through with it.

Is there a time limit and then is there a counter sue time limit for suing a party for not suing you?

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Actually my WOZ was delivered in October 2013, and has since become my favorite game (by a mile). I usually wouldn't say that in this thread because the wait and the uncertainty of all the people that got screwed by Bumper sucks. No matter what happens as a resolution it will never fully make up for what Bumper did. And in my opinion if the games had been ready on time, Bumper would have just dumped out and stolen the money earlier. Wherever this thread goes that is what it's really about. Bumper ripped off a bunch of customers money, and the people that ran that itteration of Bumper should have wound up in Jail. I hope it gets resolved as best it can, but nobody is going to be made whole from it.

And only because I haven't seen this in the 1000 posts here, will the agreement that is reached in the end include the signatures of the liquidators of that itteration of Bumper? Because I'd be really surprised if they didn't pop their heads up and say that money Jack has is theirs and then impound anything he sends. I just think this is all a much more complex issue than it gets made out to be by some people.

#1007 9 years ago

Dave H

I already have a release from the liquidator and the Former Directors of the Liquidated Company and all the Bumper Customers voted 8 months ago to a resolution.

I was involved in the clearance of the 4 games that did make it here and it was all done then.

There is no reason why this hasn't been resolved already and the longer it continues the more Damage to all pinball manufacturers it will cause.

Is it only me that thinks these Pinball people are more important than the money?

On a side note Bumper 4 are now located at 380 Barkly Street Footscray in with Cashbox Amusements the Former Stern Melbourne Agent.

#1008 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Barratry? Anti-SLAPP legislation?

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

On a side note Bumper 4 are now located at 380 Barkly Street Footscray in with Cashbox Amusements the Former Stern Melbourne Agent.

and the bumper.com.au website will just wither away with time im guessing.

#1010 9 years ago

Jack again has been in contact and has indicated that his attorney will hopefully have an agreement within the week.
He is keen to get this moving as fast as possible and create a "real timeline".
Just have to sit tight, keep our eye on the prize, keep the communication open and flowing. Hopefully we're on the right path.

#1011 9 years ago

Dave H
I already have a release from the liquidator and the Former Directors of the Liquidated Company and all the Bumper Customers voted 8 months ago to a resolution.
I was involved in the clearance of the 4 games that did make it here and it was all done then.
There is no reason why this hasn't been resolved already and the longer it continues the more Damage to all pinball manufacturers it will cause.
Is it only me that thinks these Pinball people are more important than the money?

Is Bumper 4 and Cash Box together or just in the same building.

#1012 9 years ago

I already have a release from the liquidator

I wasn't aware of this. Thanks.

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Looks like a duck, Sounds like a duck, mmm what do you think?

#1014 9 years ago

Quack quack

#1015 9 years ago

Looks like a duck, Sounds like a duck, mmm what do you think?

Why anyone would do business with them (Bumper n) at this point is beyond me.

#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How does that work? Since when is a threat a promise?
Is it stating you will sue if they continue, and they continue, and now you are expected to sue? Interesting.

If you threaten to sue someone if they continue, and they continue and you do not sue you can actually file charges against them for harrasment.

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Jack again has been in contact and has indicated that his attorney will hopefully have an agreement within the week.
Just have to sit tight, keep our eye on the prize, keep the communication open and flowing. Hopefully we're on the right path.

Great news. I think Jack had his hand forced and has to make right. I for one will support jjp if he comes through for you guys.

Hopefully, you will have your games soon.

#1018 9 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

In every state? Legal authority, please?

From what I remember it fell under Abuse of process/malicious prosecution. Might have a hard time proving it on a onsey twosey situation, but say sending out a bunch of C&D letters with no intention of following through (yeah might be impossible to prove intent) opens up a can of worms on the "complaintant's" end.

Please don't ask me the every little detail because I don't know them but a similar situation hit close to home and I was personally made aware of an "idle threat" is not idle in the eyes of the courts.

#1019 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

From what I remember it fell under Abuse of process/malicious prosecution.

FYI, that is a far, far cry from "[t]he law states that you can't threaten to sue someone if you don't plan on going through with it."

#1020 9 years ago

getting really stupid. Let's move onto some other BS

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like cheetos...your thoughts?

#1022 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's talk about all those JPop updates!

#1023 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

From what I remember it fell under Abuse of process/malicious prosecution.

Quite a stretch ... there are alot of armchair attorneys sometimes here ... lol

#1024 9 years ago

just got a big one... RAZA ! completed box art and it is sweet!!!

#1025 9 years ago

I believe in the US version of this thread, the current topic is burgers... discuss

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I believe in the US version of this thread, the current topic is burgers... discuss

Let's talk vegemite.

#1027 9 years ago

it makes perfect axel grease in a pinch!

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

I like cheetos...your thoughts?

We should start a troll war over crunchy or puffed. Puffed ones rule; crunchy ones taste like they're stale.

#1029 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

We should start a troll war over crunchy or puffed. Puffed ones rule; crunchy ones taste like they're stale.

Communist! Puffed taste like packing peanuts. Crunchy ones have character.

#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'm not a Red! But my fingers are orange after tasty puffed Cheetos.

#1031 9 years ago

Hawkins crunchy end of discussion! Also from Chicago kinda goes orange hand in hand with pinball!

#1032 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The kid who works for me ate a packing peanut lol. He said they are corn starch based, the same thing as cheesy puffs lol. Maybe I should save some money and stop buying the Herrs brand jalapeño ones and just get myself a huge bag of packing peanuts and some jalapeño powder.

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

+1 for crunchy cheetos

#1034 9 years ago

Whatever we do, let's not talk about fast food.

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

No not at all.
Don't believe everything you read.

#1036 9 years ago

Well go to the building and you will see all Bumpers crap there and meet the only 2 Ex Bumper Staff
Troy and Dan

#1037 9 years ago

Have been there this week
But does not mean they are together.
Tho I'm not going to relay what I have been told. Sorry

#1038 9 years ago

Well no not at all you said

That's not in the same Building or not together

I see another Liquidation as the former Directors receive Demands from the ATO for super and Penalties it appears you can't get out of the 60k staff entitlements even by liquidating.

The rats are circling around Footscray, seems all the dishonest people are now working together

Discraceful

#1039 9 years ago

Well no not at all you said
That's not in the same Building or not together
I see another Liquidation as the former Directors receive Demands from the ATO for super and Penalties it appears you can't get out of the 60k staff entitlements even by liquidating.
The rats are circling around Footscray, seems all the dishonest people are now working together
Discraceful

What a frikkin trip. Surely the rest of AU will know this? or are they actively hiding it/lying about it ?

#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've worked in the legal field. I've seen crazy stuff in courts. I'm not saying I know the ins and outs and not even saying I'm right but with the SLAPP legislation I for one wouldn't want to test it.

#1041 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

There is no contest....crunchy all the way...

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

There is no contest....crunchy all the way...

You're my BOY blue!

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

...Coming from someone known to fire off a few C&D's himself. LOL

There was at least one real attorney that commented on it here in this thread.

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

So its been another week that has passed, what's the update?

#1045 9 years ago

I'd love to see a crocodile hunter pin. Partial proceeds going to the zoo... boomerang flippers, collect the 10 deadliest snakes, etc..

#1046 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Update?? We don't need no stinkin' update!

badges.jpgbadges.jpg
#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Mini Update- Jack had his meeting with his attorney on the weekend. The meeting was to decide on what elements Jack needed written into the agreement so to tick all his boxes and give him confidence he won't be persued by any WOZ groupers after he sends the promised 22 machines. Jack has said on here (page 11) that he needed this agreement in order to build the machines, so that exactly what we're giving him. I am expecting a revue draft today or tomorrow.

More soon.

#1048 9 years ago

Good luck with that Scott. Truly.

But call me a cynic, methinks JJP will set up an agreement with you to seem like it's all being sorted out (like all previous conversations and promises), and then will find reasons not to make the games just yet until all other machines are made and paid for incl Ruby WOZ, AULE and outstanding orders for standards. They will schmooze you and reassure you while making sure they have a back door, and they'll use it.

I expect you will find some "get out" clauses in case something comes up that supposedly leaves JJP exposed somehow. Look for clauses that would allow JJP not to make your games for any reason at all ie potential liability if any other Oz Woz buyer not in your group decides to take some action.

JJP need to know this is the end of their line for stringing out Aussie WOZ buyers for 3 and a half years.

If JJP don't deliver this time, there is still one more thing you can do to get Jack's real attention.

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

But call me a cynic, methinks JJP will set up an agreement with you to seem like it's all being sorted out (like all previous conversations and promises), and then will find reasons not to make the games just yet until all other machines are made and paid for incl Ruby WOZ, AULE and outstanding orders for standards. They will schmooze you and reassure you while making sure they have a back door, and they'll use it.
I expect you will find some "get out" clauses in case something comes up that supposedly leaves JJP exposed somehow. Look for clauses that would allow JJP not to make your games for any reason at all ie potential liability if any other Oz Woz buyer not in your group decides to take some action.
JJP need to know this is the end of their line for stringing out Aussie WOZ buyers for 3 and a half years.
If JJP don't deliver this time, there is still one more thing you can do to get Jack's real attention.

arn't you part of the original company that was the start of all this????

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Don't you work for Bumper? or used to?

Everyone has waited. Not just the Aussies.

Your post is so cynical, you do not even leave room for a positive outcome. That is sad ... for you. But maybe you are a sad person? Sorry if that is the case. I promise their are boats full of happy all around you! Just look!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.