IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

you are bypassing the distributor?.... whats the point in having one then. correct me if im wrong here

Exactly, what's the point? Buy it direct from JJP/Pinballsales. As direct as it gets.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I wouldn't put $9k down in the first place, Id rather see it in person and pay for it then if I can't see it then I don't buy it.........I never ordered a Woz but still managed to get a NIB same as my NIB Mople and dint have the risk of loosing my money.

Wiser words were never spoken.

#53 9 years ago

I've got to say to everyone in AU that got screwed, my heart bleeds for you.

That said, Jack 's trying to correct the wrongs committed by another party is incredibly gracious and goes above and beyond. He does not have your money, and no court in the world would argue with that. He has Bumper's money. Bumper took your money, and you were clearly defrauded. The fact that he is willing to try to make this right speaks volumes, and yet you're on here treating him like a criminal. This is not an easy situation for him, I'm sure, and frankly there are so many ways he can be massively screwed trying to help you guys get what you paid for.

And, for the record, I'm not a JJP customer or friend. Just amazed at your rudeness.

#54 9 years ago

"We are building and shipping what we were paid for. We are here, not going anywhere either. There are 55 games going to Australia in a few weeks - 22 of them are the paid for "Bumper games" "

what jack said is pretty clear cut to me. hes sending machines that were paid for.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

"We are building and shipping what we were paid for. We are here, not going anywhere either. There are 55 games going to Australia in a few weeks - 22 of them are the paid for "Bumper games" "
what jack said is pretty clear cut to me. hes sending machines that were paid for.

And I did tell these guys here that I was just there two weeks ago and I personally saw games boxed and marked for Australia, can't say off hand how many but there where a bunch.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

I've got to say to everyone in AU that got screwed, my heart bleeds for you.
That said, Jack 's trying to correct the wrongs committed by another party is incredibly gracious and goes above and beyond. He does not have your money, and no court in the world would argue with that. He has Bumper's money. Bumper took your money, and you were clearly defrauded. The fact that he is willing to try to make this right speaks volumes, and yet you're on here treating him like a criminal. This is not an easy situation for him, I'm sure, and frankly there are so many ways he can be massively screwed trying to help you guys get what you paid for.
And, for the record, I'm not a JJP customer or friend. Just amazed at your rudeness.

#57 9 years ago

ScottFarkus.jpgScottFarkus.jpgScottFarkus.jpgScottFarkus.jpg

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I can't even believe people are telling you not to post. The level of this screw up for our industry is huge. It needs to be out there until resolved so everyone gets it!

Totally agree. What is with the desire on here for everyone to have blind loyalty to these companies that under deliver? I understand that more manufacturers is good for us consumers, but not if they aren't actually delivering the goods. Seems reasonable enough to air your grievances about a pinball manufacturer, on a pinball forum.

#59 9 years ago

For what it's worth, I had a WOZ with issues.
I ended up contacting Jack directly. I was super-impressed when he picked up the phone himself and made time for me.
He made me a promise to make everything right. It took longer than was originally discussed, but in the end everything worked out. I found that he was/is a man of his honour. I am certain that JJP lost money on the sale of the WOZ that I bought after everything was said and done.
I never posted my issue publicly.
So that's my story/firsthand experience.

With respect to your issues, I would recommend the following:

since you're asking Jack for assistance (I expect he could have told you all to take a hike, legally, right?), why don't you give him some time instead of publicly posting the problem, trying to shame him into helping you?
Bumper was the one who outright screwed you guys, not Jack.
I'm really sorry that you guys went through that. I can't imagine how frustrating this must have been for you all (and continues to be), but don't take that frustration out on the one person who's going to help you.
Especially given the fact that he's trying to run a new company.
IF (and it's only rumour based. I have nothing official to go on) his new company is having cash flow challenges -as most new companies do, then it's pretty impressive that he's stepping up to the plate to help you all out. He may however need more time. Be patient. -and best of luck to you guys. I do hope it works out as best as it can for you all.

#60 9 years ago

Yep, Jack could have easily sent the money he got back to whoever and said, "sorry, but it's not my problem." If that were the case then you folks probably wouldn't see any of your money back. I think it's great of him to do the best he can to help you guys out.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

For what it's worth, I had a WOZ with issues.
I ended up contacting Jack directly. I was super-impressed when he picked up the phone himself and made time for me.
He made me a promise to make everything right. It took longer than was originally discussed, but in the end everything worked out. I found that he was/is a man of his honour. I am certain that JJP lost money on the sale of the WOZ that I bought after everything was said and done.
I never posted my issue publicly.

I had a similar circumstance as this. I can't say enough good things about the support from JJP. I certainly hope the Australians gets this worked out. I'm sure the pins will get there soon, and the pinheads there will be able to make the best out of a bad situation. Good luck to all.

#62 9 years ago

People need to go a little easy on Bumpers former customers
This issue has now been going on for 12 months, and all they have received is a promisethat they MIGHT get ssomething back

#63 9 years ago

I am one of the unlucky bumper customers and I paid $11k for my WOZ which was never delivered. I have since bought one direct from JJP and can say that Jack was a great guy to deal with. He was sympathetic to our loss I believe he will make good on his promise to send the 22 machines that were paid for.

I do not agree with the OP in bringing this to a public forum and think that this course of action is detrimental to our cause rather than good.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I am one of the unlucky bumper customers and I paid $11k for my WOZ which was never delivered. I have since bought one direct from JJP and can say that Jack was a great guy to deal with. He was sympathetic to our loss I believe he will make good on his promise to send the 22 machines that were paid for.
I do not agree with the OP in bringing this to a public forum and think that this course of action is detrimental to our cause rather than good.

Yep , great guy! He's only got about 3k of the 11k you paid Bumper still in his possession.
Look at this how you guys will. All the negotiations by WF with Jack went nowhere and ended in broken delivery dates over and a over again. WF have applauded taking public action. I'm not expecting delivery within 3 weeks, Just the promised photos and updates of the machines being built. One guy on here said he saw Australian marked WOZ's! Great! Then why doesn't Jack post the pictures like he said he would? Just more broken promises.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Yep , great guy! He's only got about 3k of the 11k you paid Bumper still in his possession.
Look at this how you guys will. All the negotiations by WF with Jack went nowhere and ended in broken delivery dates over and a over again. WF have applauded taking public action. I'm not expecting delivery within 3 weeks, Just the promised photos and updates of the machines being built. One guy on here said he saw Australian marked WOZ's! Great! Then why doesn't Jack post the pictures like he said he would? Just more broken promises.

Misery Misery Misery! what more needs to be said.. we are off to see the Wizard or maybe not?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

For a start, I didn't say he was a great guy, I said he was a great guy to deal with and in my case he was. You should really give him time, he said a few weeks? and you call him out again after 3 weeks and 1 day. I don't think whinging about the lack of a photo is really helping.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Give it a rest! Sue him? You sound like a huge DB……..

#68 9 years ago

bored cat.gifbored cat.gif

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th-2-1138.jpeg 12 KB

Nice Lock!

#70 9 years ago

read all his posts in an Austrailian accent and it makes it even more entertaining.
i do feel for him tho

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

read all his posts in an Austrailian accent and it makes it even more entertaining.
i do feel for him tho

As much as that amuses me as well, this is no laughing matter. Our old mate Jacks done the Harold Holt with our folding stuff! How much can a koala bear. I bet all you fellas would be banging the drum just as loud if you got ripped off 9k. A portion off which is still in the hands of oil can Harry.

#73 9 years ago

I'm not going to jump on the Op.
A little early; maybe... but then I'd be just as pissed/frustrated if it were me.

I've ranted before as to why Jack won't get my money... and why I too don't understand why people think he's great... like some kinda messiah or something.

Good luck to both parties.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

As much as that amuses me as well, this is no laughing matter. Our old mate Jacks done the Harold Holt with our folding stuff! How much can a koala bear. I bet all you fellas would be banging the drum just as loud if you got ripped off 9k. A portion off which is still in the hands of oil can Harry.

Give it a rest mate. Pissing Jack off is not going to help us get him to send the games to us.

#75 9 years ago

as others have said, feel for you guys, but Aussies getting screwed by bumper has nothing to do with Jack. The fact that Jack is getting the games together to send you guys instead of waiting for whatever creditor legal issue gets resolved over there says alot to me. I get why your angry but this thread and the 20 other like are not helping your cause one bit.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's why Stern is still in business after all the BS he has dispensed over the years.

Atleast with Stern you actually got a game after paying for it. Good game or Bad game you still got something besides a good grip on your ankles!.....

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Give it a rest! Sue him? You sound like a huge DB……..

Nice, exactly what I was thinking!

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

JJP doesn't have your money or your games, they ran out of money a long time ago.......................Now Jack on the other hand is doing fine. He was smart, he had us fools take on all the risk of starting a new company...........What morons we are.

Slander and defamation are civil torts. I would think twice before posting this if I were you. Then again, I'm not you and I apparently think a lot more than you do!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'm not you and I apparently think a lot more than you do!

le.jpgle.jpg

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

so you essentially spent $22k on a WOZ. Man I want your job whatever it is! I am sorry to hear you got taken by bumper to

#81 9 years ago

after reading this thread i really feel confident with my decision not to pre pay for anything ever again.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

after reading this thread i really feel confident with my decision not to pre pay for anything ever again.

hey that's awesome. why not pop in on the local orphanage and tell the kids how psyched you are to have parents. I'm sure they'd appreciate the contribution.

#83 9 years ago

lol pez, while it's funny it's not remotely the same thing

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

hey that's awesome. why not pop in on the local orphanage and tell the kids how psyched you are to have parents. I'm sure they'd appreciate the contribution.

so kids decide to be orphans or not? did you understand what i wrote because your response makes zero sense to me.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Great! Then why doesn't Jack post the pictures like he said he would? Just more broken promises.

Did you ever call Jack and talk to him? Im just wondering?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

so kids decide to be orphans or not? did you understand what i wrote because your response makes zero sense to me.

I think what he's saying is that the people who paid up for their games ahead of time have been "orphaned" in a sense through no fault of their own and that coming into a thread and saying "boy, I sure won't put myself in a situation where I could be orphaned" may make them feel bad.

#87 9 years ago

dudes got ripped off. what's the value in posting "boy I sure am glad I'm so much smarter than you guys!"

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

dudes got ripped off. what's the value in posting "boy I sure am glad I'm so much smarter than you guys!"

here's my post:

Quoted from vex:

you have a great imagination orphan boy

#89 9 years ago

I see no dubs in that post, why you post dubs guy?

#90 9 years ago

Was bumper an official JJP partner (distributor)? Or were they more of third party organizing a "group buy"?

#91 9 years ago

Where will the 22 games be shipped? Who will get them?

If the games go to the bankrupt entity, it seems that secured creditors get the assets before UN-secured.

#92 9 years ago

Jack's going to read this all while picturing Australians "bubbling" in their own mouths if he follows rugby news.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Jack 's trying to correct the wrongs committed by another party is incredibly gracious and goes above and beyond. He does not have your money, and no court in the world would argue with that. He has Bumper's money. Bumper took your money, and you were clearly defrauded. The fact that he is willing to try to make this right speaks volumes

http://search.dilbert.com/search?w=stonewall&x=0&y=0

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Where will the 22 games be shipped? Who will get them?
If the games go to the bankrupt entity, it seems that secured creditors get the assets before UN-secured.

Jack has agreed to send the 22 games for the 130k he got from Bumper to the affected 79 buyer called the WOZ fund. It is headed by 3 of the affected buyers. He agreed to this in November 2013 with the supply date of March 2014.
From a lot of the negativity Im copping, it would seem people think it's ok for Jack to be the beneficiary of 130k because Bumper folded. He was left holding a golden egg. Good luck to him then I suppose. Aaaaahhhh and before anyone says it again, he's not being tied up by any legal roadblock. He agreed to make and send the machines that's proof enough, he's not going to risk someone down the track coming after him for money after he's sent 22 machines to Aus. And again I'm just after updates from him on here like he promised, not expecting machines in three weeks.

#95 9 years ago

If you want drama don't go to the movies, don't get married...just go to a Pinside JJP thread!

#96 9 years ago

Playerone > are all impacted buyers signing some sort of legal document stating that they give up all future recourse when JJP delivers 22 games? (not sure if that would even close the books on this legally for him any way)

#97 9 years ago

I've been wondering how they are going to divide 22 games between 79 buyers.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've been wondering how they are going to divide 22 games between 79 buyers.

my understanding is that they plan to sell all of them on the open market so part of the angst is that the market for WOZ is possibly turning down?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my understanding is that they plan to sell all of them on the open market so part of the angst is that the market for WOZ is possibly turning down?

That is correct but they will be offered to the 79 first.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

That is correct but they will be offered to the 79 first.

Wow, I can imagine the cluster F that is going to turn into, I'm sure Bumper has gone into hiding...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.