IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I didn't say that. I just don't see the point of rehashing it repeatedly.
I'd be surprised if Jack isn't ambivalent about ever starting this company up at this point. If he could have foreseen the cabinet supplier issues, the light board issues, the Bumper fiasco, the other things we know about and who knows what else...
I for one have empathy for the guy. I don't condone his backpedaling, but I can understand it.

Makes good sense. There was a time when I had empathy for him too.

He's dead to me now*

* JK at least until the Aussie's are taken care he is tho

#802 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Remember guys the Paypal Fighting Fund is [email protected]
I donated $1,000 to help the guys and it seems the Legal fees will increase.
Where is Timothy Fraileich when you need him.

i have an thread with 6 pages builded up so fast its unbelievable.. 1 word of advice dont throw in an paypal link at all cost they will rip u apart..ill repeat APART do u understand

#803 9 years ago

How many times can we go over the same points?

As long as JJP keeps lying to its customers...

Quoted from Eryeal:

This is part of the problem - Jack is saying he is sticking hard now that refunds are not given as of WMS approval, but refunds were being given up until the first week of June, as you state, which of course is wayyyy past WMS approval. Talked with Jen myself and confirmed that deposits are hard, and supposedly have been since WMS approval (which we know not to be true), and deposits are forfeited if you cancel.

Get this - JJP states that deposit money has already been sent to PPS as of WMS approval, and that is the main reason they will not allow refunds - PPS will not refund the deposits they sent in ..... the hole just gets deeper.

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! After reading all this stuff i think Gary has the right idea and just not communicate with anyone in a public forum.

you got that right.. Gary is as old as my own old man, he could be my father actually.

makes me think that his ICT capabilities are not so good as my own father, i did have to teach my dad how to turn on his computer and how to work with it.. and he is catching up now thou.. i can imagine that Gary is like that in an way..
apart of that, there is this phrase

Speech is silver, silence is golden.

And Gary understands that..

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I respectfully disagree. Jack is monitoring this thread, he has pushed multiple people away with his actions. He has to know at this point he HAS lost sales because of this. This SHOULD push him to:
1. Stick to his words
2. Provide better customer service going forward
3. Realize his pre-payment model is not working
4. Better understand his customer base
These could all be turned into very positive things. I am so glad Playerone was vocal about this. I won't be buying any JJP pins or products in the future until his business model improves drastically. I HAVE purchased from them in the past but I won't going forward until this is fixed because of this issue. You think that doesn't have any effect? Think again...

Still find it funny people flip out when you have to pre-pay to fund NES homebrews but people don't bat an eyelash about pinball, don't see how good they had it with Stern and are ok handing over $7000+ for pins not even available that will be delayed years.

Wow.

And yes, this does have an effect, I want Hobbit, I want Hobbit bad. Wizard of Oz was subpar to me, but the theme on Hobbit will save it IMO, but I can't purchase a game like this knowing I may not even get the thing for years...

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I am firmly convinced there are several posters in this thread who won't be happy unless JJP is out of business.

Some people likely feel the same way about Stern.... Regardless of a persons attitude it has no impact on the respective companies business model, day to day operations and well being.

The old saying "You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression " comes to mind and fits JJP to a "T".
If the business does fail its their own fault and not any paying customers or "haters".

I actually hope they learned something from the horrible launch and apply it to future endeavors, if not stick a fork in them because they are done.

#807 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Where did I wish ill for anyone?
I am just being realistic.
You don't think a LOTR Vault Edition would eat into Hobbit (pre)sales?
All I'm saying is that Gary potentially has the power to disrupt JJP if he decides to go the cutthroat route.
Given the history between them, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility.

Given the history of Stern's pricing since JJP started building games I would expect them to price it at $6500 minimum. At that price it might not eat into Hobbit as much as people might think. Most WOZ owners are very happy with their games and are looking forward to the next JJP game.

Despite the fact that many people who post on pinside are not happy about the Aussie situation the majority of people in the pinball world are not affected by it and they will not change their buying habits over it. They will buy the game that gives them the most bang for their buck regardless of who makes it.

Eventually someone else will come along and piss off the whole pinball community to take over the spot as #1 bad guy. Wayne has been there, Gary has been there many times and Jack will probably be there again too. Its not a "lifetime appointment" position.

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

There is a whole hell of a big difference in "not liking something" and being stiffed for $6-7,000.00.

I just don't think Jack did the "stiffing"....Just my opinion.

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

maybe not........ but he hasn't helped the cause with all his fake promises and the way he has conducted himself, remember this has been going on for more then a year and JJP could of fixed it a long time ago.......... he has played a big part in this disgusting mess.

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He sure didn't do the initial "stiffing" by any means, but he doesn't help matters when he's been sitting on these people's $120k, then he comes on here and says that he should just donate it to charity since he doesn't know who should get it.

#811 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

maybe not........ but he hasn't helped the cause with all his fake promises and the way he has conducted himself, remember this has been going on for more then a year and JJP could of fixed it a long time ago.......... he has played a big part in this disgusting mess.

100 million % correct !

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

then he comes on here and says that he should just donate it to charity since he doesn't know who should get it.

stop taking it out of context and go back and read it...

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

stop taking it out of context and go back and read it...

No. You go back and read it.

#814 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He sure didn't do the initial "stiffing" by any means, but he doesn't help matters when he's been sitting on these people's $120k, then he comes on here and says that he should just donate it to charity since he doesn't know who should get it.

Yep and I think the financial downfall from this is going to sting a little. If 5-10 people cancel the hobbit, then that's a little sting. If JJPs actions cost him a 100 orders, then maybe that's the kick in the ass he needs.

#815 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. You go back and read it.

Re-read it all you want as it's the stupidest thing I've read from a company spokesperson in ages. Just did not need to be said in any context

#816 9 years ago

Looks like he will come through. With MM r locked in he should make the working Capitol he needs from those sales. MMr probably saved JJP ; )
As far as context whysnow it's not relevant any more. It's just one lie or total reversal of everything he says and it's proved over and over again. That what we all know now. The five of you want to hang on to this delusion so be it. At least almost everyone else knows now.

#817 9 years ago

The best thing for now is to understand how we've arrived at this place, which is a lesson for everyone. Consumers and manufactures. But to now fully focus on what needs to happen to get the machines home. Jeezus! I just realized that sounds like the plot form the WOZ movie! I digress.
We now enter into a boring stage! And boring is good. Boring means the head banging may be finished. Stick with us in this boring bit because it's only the tidal wave of your support that's help get us this far. Golden opportunity for Jack to come good, restore a little faith in people's trust and hopefully learn as much as we have. As a pinball junkie and operator, I need him making awesome games into the future.
I haven't heard back regarding Jacks requirement for the agreement letter. I think a week should be fair on this.

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Still find it funny people flip out when you have to pre-pay to fund NES homebrews but people don't bat an eyelash about pinball, don't see how good they had it with Stern and are ok handing over $7000+ for pins not even available that will be delayed years.
Wow.
And yes, this does have an effect, I want Hobbit, I want Hobbit bad. Wizard of Oz was subpar to me, but the theme on Hobbit will save it IMO, but I can't purchase a game like this knowing I may not even get the thing for years...

Yep totall agree. Two different worlds and let's be honest it's typically a LOT more expensive in the pin hobby. What do you front in the vintage video game homebrew/repro market, $100 max??

I've thought about doing a pre-pay for the CIB of Socks and I just can't bring myself to ask people to pay for something that isn't ready.

To each their own I guess...

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

The best thing for now is to understand how we've arrived at this place, which is a lesson for everyone. Consumers and manufactures. But to now fully focus on what needs to happen to get the machines home. Jeezus! I just realized that sounds like the plot form the WOZ movie! I digress.
We now enter into a boring stage! And boring is good. Boring means the head banging may be finished. Stick with us in this boring bit because it's only the tidal wave of your support that's help get us this far. Golden opportunity for Jack to come good, restore a little faith in people's trust and hopefully learn as much as we have. As a pinball junkie and operator, I need him making awesome games into the future.
I haven't heard back regarding Jacks requirement for the agreement letter. I think a week should be fair on this.

A week should be ample time for him to talk to his lawyers and get the requirements together. If he already got legal advice it should be fairly simple to update you in a week

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

thanks for keeping us updated. I think a week is more then fair, your were quick on your end, now he needs to be quick on his. Unfortunately from past experiences, I have a feeling that isn't gonna happen.

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

thanks for keeping us updated. I think a week is more then fair, your were quick on your end, now he needs to be quick on his. Unfortunately from past experiences, I have a feeling that isn't gonna happen.

keep this public and you have your leverage. why this thread should have been locked by some is really a head scratcher for me.

leverage.pngleverage.png
#822 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

A week should be ample time for him to talk to his lawyers and get the requirements together. If he already got legal advice it should be fairly simple to update you in a week

A week? Lawyers? LOL.

#823 9 years ago

Looking to put down a deposit on whatever JJP does after the hobbit...this the right place?

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Seems the Bumper Staff are being ordered around by Leo at Cashbox in Footscray,

Nah, the underskilled Troy is greasing up Leo hoping for a job, not that his skills are relevant after the shelves are built. Rest of his skillset is polishing playfields and getting ready to glue saws on to the non-existant Block pinballs on order... Other staff with proper tech skills are transferable. Farrell is back home this weekend, so be interesting to hear if he has a business place to come back to both here and in USA...

Hey you fellas in the USA, we want to reexport a failed import from Noo York, you guys got room for one more?

#825 9 years ago

A week? Lawyers? LOL.

Well a week for Jack to continue contact with them or at least update them on progress.

#826 9 years ago

those machines are never going to come to Australia....too much bulls***t and too many lies have happened. JJP couldnt lie straight in bed.

#827 9 years ago

I don't see anything happening in a week with lawyers state side. Not in my experience.

Either way, status and communication is king.

I personally think Jack is going to send out a shitload of games in a short period and this whole thing is going to be put to rest.

As it relates to the pre-pay model? WoZ/TH probably would have never happened without it. Capital for this kind of stuff simply doesn't exist. Sad but true. I for one am ok with it. Moving from a distributor to a manufacturer of arguably one of the most complex pinball machines to ever be built has proven to be a huge challenge for Jack.

I have said it once and I will say it again, supply chain issues can plague any manufacturer. Especially a startup that has not done this before. It is not like he is building a can opener that has 4 or 5 suppliers. He is building a pinball machine! We all know the thousands of parts that need to designed, tested, ordered, delivered, inventoried, re-ordered, etc... This is all new for JJP.

What has haunted Jack was underestimating his suppliers and passing that optimism onto his customers. I work in IT. I take what the programmers tell me it is going to take and multiply it by 3. I do that now because of the experience I have had in that field. I am sure the next time around Jack will not be so optimistic with his estimates.

What Jack does need to improve on is his communication. Even to this hostile group. In my mind it is better to be transparent and communicate what your bottle necks are. Remember folks, he has a bunch of guns working for him. If they were in trouble, those guys would be out of there in a heart beat. To the best of my knowledge only one key guy has left and that kind of turnover should be expected.

Jack.....please get this last batch of LE's out. Otherwise I will be eating these words big time!!!

On another note. This is pinball guys. A hobby. A place where people have a beer and talk about how cool machines are and toys and high scores. All of that perspective has been lost. The spirit of JJP was to make a great machine and I think they and Stern are now going to innovate more than ever.

Let's keep pinball fun!

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

those machines are never going to come to Australia....too much bulls***t and too many lies have happened. JJP couldnt lie straight in bed.

He still owes a container of Woz Au and now another 22 wozle........delivered by Xmas and not all sold until Xmas 2015

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Remember folks, he has a bunch of guns working for him.

Hmmm.... maybe this is why it's taking so long to produce the games. Guns don't have any arms, so it would be hard for them to assemble a game. Perhaps someone should photoshop some guns working on the assembly line, this would be hillarious.

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Hmmm.... maybe this is why it's taking so long to produce the games. Guns don't have any arms, so it would be hard for them to assemble a game. Perhaps someone should photoshop some guns working on the assembly line, this would be hillarious.

Or maybe he does not have the cash flow to pay his suppliers or pays net 90 instead of net 30 who knows. Lots of things could be the issue. I think JJP gets more support from the pinball community if he's open about all of this.

#831 9 years ago

What has haunted Jack was underestimating his suppliers and passing that optimism onto his customers.

Overestimating his own abilities to pull a complex product together.
Overestimating the cost savings from being a manufacturer of other games.
Overestimating his own charm and goodwill.

Underestimating the time frame.
Underestimating the potential for delays through flawed early design, underspecification of parts and suppliers refusing to supply through not being paid.
Underestimating the rising costs due to these delays.
Underestimating the frustration and anger people can develop for misdirection, obfuscation and outright BS.
Underestimating the powers that frustrated Aussies have for recovering their money or their games.

5 to 3 against. Jack can't win.

Eliminate the last two underestimations, and we still have charm, confidence and expectations up against planning, planning and planning.

Seems the 7 Ps of Success were ignored :

Proper
Prior
Planning
Prevents
P*ss
Poor
Performance!

#832 9 years ago

I think the biggest problem is honesty. If honest answers could be given to concerns, that would satisfy people. They might not like the answers, but its 100% better than being lied to or strung along. I've stopped going to many businesses I felt were not being totally honest with me. Sometimes the drive is further and its more hassle, but I would feel even worse giving business to someone who didn't respect that I am the customer.

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I think the biggest problem is honesty. If honest answers could be given to concerns, that would satisfy people. They might not like the answers, but its 100% better than being lied to or strung along. I've stopped going to many businesses I felt were not being totally honest with me. Sometimes the drive is further and its more hassle, but I would feel even worse giving business to someone who didn't respect that I am the customer.

That is the main reason he gets ragged on in these threads. If he would just come on here and say, look we are experiencing money problems at the current time, but rest assured you will receive your game. Or if he would give an accurate time frame of when games will be completed instead of time frames that are impossible to meet.

Yes there is no doubt that people will bail if he was honest, but there is also people who would respect the honesty and hang on a little while longer. This also would leave a good impression on future customers who can see that he is honest and speaks the truth, so it may work out positive in the long run. At this point he HAS to start doing this. If he keeps breaking promises and BSing, he is gonna BS himself out of the industry. It is obvious at this point that there is major issues going on behind the scenes, but unless he comes out and reveals them, all we can do is speculate.

#834 9 years ago

He probably has anywhere from 300-500 of the MMr orders so just his profit on that will pay for what he needs to finish his orders. Timing is perfect. I bet we see games start rolling out in a few weeks now that cash is pouring in.

#835 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Overestimating his own abilities to pull a complex product together.
Overestimating the cost savings from being a manufacturer of other games.
Overestimating his own charm and goodwill.

Overestimating the support and goodwill from the pinball community when starting a new Pinball Company.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Overestimating the support and goodwill from the pinball community when starting a new Pinball Company.

Go back and read some of the threads on here when he was just starting out. People were pouring praise all over him in spades. Sometimes you had to wade through the love fest on here just to get to other threads. He had everyone's support and respect. 3 years later that has all been turned around. By his lack of communication, missed time frames ect.

#838 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

If he would just come on here and say, look we are experiencing money problems at the current time, but rest assured you will receive your game. Or if he would give an accurate time frame of when games will be completed instead of time frames that are impossible to meet.

Yes there is no doubt that people will bail if he was honest, but there is also people who would respect the honesty and hang on a little while longer. This also would leave a good impression on future customers who can see that he is honest and speaks the truth, so it may work out positive in the long run.

It may work out positive in the long run... but what I would expect in the short run would be a fair fraction of Hobbit preorders cancelled, with requests for refunds. And he would have to survive the short run first...

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It may work out positive in the long run... but what I would expect in the short run would be a fair fraction of Hobbit preorders cancelled, with requests for refunds. And he would have to survive the short run first...

Maybe, but why not just say the obvious. We are working on the WOZLE in combination with the standards. We rely on a balance of positive cash flow and new orders to keep day to day operations moving and apologize for unforeseen delays in the production. I assure you that those that Pre ordered both the Hobbit and Woz will be first in line for the Hobbit.

- This would win some of those who waited forever over as the reward would be first in line for The Hobbit.

#840 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No way! All pinballers want/wanted him to succeed. Even when playerone first came on and described the situation people were defending jack. People love WOZ and want to play it/own it. The problem is the truth. Just be truthful about the situation, delivery dates. I don't think the truth would cause people to cancel orders. I think the unknown that comes with half truths, speculation, and broken promises would scare more people away than just a straight answer.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What's the time limit on this, Ted? How long does he need to be in business before he is out from under that umbrella? 3 years is clearly not enough time. 4? A decade? Or just long enough to invent another excuse? Could you let us know, please?

#842 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

yeah jjp sure lacked support when the pinball community fronted him 6.5 million dollars interest free for years to get his company up and going. what nonsense, seriously. jjp spent all the goodwill capital he had with his poor record on deadlines, missed dates and false promises to name a few. good grief.

#843 9 years ago

The problem boils down to Jack's mouth being attached to a salesman!

Soft deadlines are always tentative. Even the WOZ 4.0 update is still being tested and not out yet, after Keith, not Jack, said "Barring any severe complications, I would imagine the end of the week at the latest for this" on July 1st. Maybe it's contagious?

A wise man once said "To spot the expert, pick the one who predicts the job will take the longest and cost the most."

#844 9 years ago

Exactly! JJP needs to hire a president that runs companies and Jack should stick to sales.

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Abusing the support and goodwill from the pinball community when starting a new Pinball Company.

fixed.

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Exactly! JJP needs to hire a president that runs companies and Jack should stick to sales.

And then maybe investors would not have backed out.

#847 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That really is pretty funny.....

If anything JJP has gotten a HUGE pass in most cases for missing their own promised deadlines & delivery for YEARS. Name any business that can miss sales & delivery by that margin and still remain in business ?
( except government )

It IS a business #1 and not a charity or doing goodwill for pinheads.
Public support and cash is what got JJP off the ground & goodwill lasts longer if not stretched out over years.

#848 9 years ago

I personally think Jack is going to send out a shitload of games in a short period and this whole thing is going to be put to rest.

OMG NOW THAT'S FUNNY

#849 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What's the time limit on this, Ted? How long does he need to be in business before he is out from under that umbrella? 3 years is clearly not enough time. 4? A decade? Or just long enough to invent another excuse? Could you let us know, please?

You're right...he's a bad guy, running a crooked business just looking to screw pinball fans. Silly me. I hope he goes out of business soon.

Quoted from fatality83:3 years later that has all been turned around. By his lack of communication

Yeah, Stern has terrible communication...I hope they go out of business too.

Anybody out there you guys support? Jpop, Skitsters?....they ARE slow....

#850 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You're right...he's a GOOD guy, running a BAD business NOT TRYING TO, BUT screwing pinball fans. Silly me. I hope he goes out of business soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.