IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.
#751 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, anyone in their right mind is asking for their TH deposits back. Why?
Because if the company stays in business, you will 100% have a chance to get one later...
And, you may get one sooner than waiting in line anyways
And, you will have a 0% chance of losing your money (and or your sanity)

I should ask for my money right away. I am really worried!

#752 9 years ago

IMO, and it is a sad one. After lawyers and time spent the 79 effected in this will be lucky to see 25% of their money back. 79 ppl invest and Jack is holding 120k. Thats 1,518.98 per person on average, some more some less. Jack should come out with an apology for putting his foot in his mouth claiming he could do something that he obviously could not do after talking to a lawyer. I know when I make a mistake I apologize and explain how I messed up. Embarrassing...yes but you live and you learn. As a buyer there are risks and rewards. This is a perfect example of risk. Hope it all ends better than what I think.

If Bumper did not go under you guys would be waiting for your games just like everyone else. But now having to deal with this just sucks.

#753 9 years ago

Hah! After reading all this stuff i think Gary has the right idea and just not communicate with anyone in a public forum.

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! After reading all this stuff i think Gary has the right idea and just not communicate with anyone in a public forum.

From interviews I've read with Steve Ritchie.....I don't think Gary understands the internet at all.

#755 9 years ago

gary doesn't need to talk, his actions/production speaks for him.

#756 9 years ago

The overwhelming amount of support from you guys is just unbelievable. I don't want to get to far ahead and will save the popping of the champagne until we have our fingers firmly on the flippers. To the guys kicking into the WOZ fund...I don't know what to say. Speechless. Just be assured it's all going to be used very wisely and efficiently. Hopefully the only legal costs will be the release agreement letter between JJP and WOZ group. Anything left will all go into shipping. The Lawyer I spoke with outlined that legally binding letters of agreement are common place within Australia. Between two different countries, may be a test case. Hopefully we can come up with something that satisfies JJP's legal guys.

I PM'd Jack requesting his agreement t requirements, he has responded and will run it pass his legal and get back.
I don't want to bore you guys with all these tiny details, I just feel that its been a bit of a journey for everyone and that the more transparent this process can be from now on the better the outcome might be for WOZ group, for JJP and pinball in general.

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

gary doesn't need to talk, his actions/production speaks for him.

Have to agree. I don't ever recall anything close to this happening with Stern. The biggest gripe people have with Stern is code updates which have always happened in the long run. Stern have a very solid distributor here in Australia as well whom I can't say a bad word about after numerous dealings with them. I spose you can't beat knowing who's who in the pinball market and experience.

Looks like a step forward at the very least for the WOZ group. All the best guys.

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

The overwhelming amount of support from you guys is just unbelievable. I don't want to get to far ahead and will save the popping of the champagne until we have our fingers firmly on the flippers. To the guys kicking into the WOZ fund...I don't know what to say. Speechless. Just be assured it's all going to be used very wisely and efficiently. Hopefully the only legal costs will be the release agreement letter between JJP and WOZ group. Anything left will all go into shipping. The Lawyer I spoke with outlined that legally binding letters of agreement are common place within Australia. Between two different countries, may be a test case. Hopefully we can come up with something that satisfies JJP's legal guys.
I PM'd Jack requesting his agreement t requirements, he has responded and will run it pass his legal and get back.
I don't want to bore you guys with all these tiny details, I just feel that its been a bit of a journey for everyone and that the more transparent this process can be from now on the better the outcome might be for WOZ group, for JJP and pinball in general.

I applaud you Playerone for the very objective, reasoned & constrained manner in which you have handled this matter. You have also endured a number of unfair & provocative posts which for me were without foundation. It was totally appropriate for you to use this site to air your concerns not only for yourself but in the interests of all Pinsiders. I trust that in time you and your fellow purchasers will achieve the result you are looking for & deserve.

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gary doesn't have to come explain himself or why he is not delivering. If holding someone to their word is too much to ask, then they should all put up or shut up.

#760 9 years ago

With all that has gone on up to this point 22 games should not be the only concern all pre pay games are in play what happens is still up in the air.

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

With all that has gone on up to this point 22 games should not be the only concern all pre pay games are in play what happens is still up in the air.

Oh I hope prepay only exists in the form of a refundable small deposit with balance due when games are ready to ship. This other schedule Jjp and others use is broken and needs to die as all it does it put t us as consumers at risk.

#762 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, anyone in their right mind is asking for their TH deposits back. Why?
Because if the company stays in business, you will 100% have a chance to get one later...
And, you may get one sooner than waiting in line anyways
And, you will have a 0% chance of losing your money (and or your sanity)

I cancelled mine. The risk is $ 500.00

Pre orders were at $7500.00 now list is $8000.00 if JJP makes the game.

Knowing the way JJP works if you want it sooner you should wait and pay the $8K as I'm sure those who preordered

#763 9 years ago

Good luck with getting things settled Scott. Seems like you're nearly there.

Bumper on the other hand has disappeared

IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1202.jpg

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Good luck with getting things settled Scott. Seems like you're nearly there.
Bumper on the other hand has disappeared

IMG_1202.jpg 5 KB

the lights are still on

#765 9 years ago

I cancelled my WOZLE order this week and transferred all the money ($7,500) to my pre-ordered MMR. I could not give JJP over $15,000 with their current issues. Not able to make WOZLE at a reasonable rate after one year, and missing delivery dates after delivery date.

#766 9 years ago

And that is the rub. With the exception of a very few LE pins, it is always possible to pick up a game cheaper in the future. Benefits are that you get a game straight away and in Stern's case, can wait until the code is updated. This is certainly my plan going forward.

#767 9 years ago

Just wait till the home market is flooded.... you'll be able to get a good price then

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

I cancelled my WOZLE order this week and transferred all the money ($7,500) to my pre-ordered MMR. I could not give JJP over $15,000 with their current issues. Not able to make WOZLE at a reasonable rate after one year, and missing delivery dates after delivery date.

care to say if you got your refund right away or is there a time period when you are to get it?

#769 9 years ago

He said he transferred it to the MMr payment!

#770 9 years ago

It was not a refund, used the WOZLE money to pay for the MMR.
Last week, I received an email from JJP for the remaining $6,995 on the MMR.

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

It was not a refund, used the WOZLE money to pay for the MMR.
Last week, I received an email from JJP for the remaining $6,995 on the MMR.

Respond and say you decided to give the money to charity, but you still want your pin

#772 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Respond and say you decided to give the money to charity, but you still want your pin

the best answer ever

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

Another WOZLE game shipped!

#774 9 years ago

The expression 'couldn't lie straight in bed' comes to mind.

#775 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

the lights are still on

But nowone is home!!!

Broke lease midnight run over to Cashbox Amusements Building at 380 Barkly Street Footscray
Seems Cashbox Amusements is the new Bumper Action Amusements

Cashbox got the boot as a Distributor for Stern so seems like a good decision by AMD maybe they knew they were to become the new Bumper?

Is that Bumper 4 I have lost count?

Notice they haven't paid their phone bill either disconnected due to lack of payment.

#776 9 years ago

Not quite Wayne. Paul H the shadow man has apparently picked over the carcass and taken what he wants. Cashbox will not be becoming the new Bumper, Bumper may instead be paying a debt handing over remaining machines.

And evidently Farrell's US connection has suddenly come to her senses, so perhaps that bolt hole has been closed and Farrell will need to be deported instead. Watch this space.

#777 9 years ago

Seems the Bumper Staff are being ordered around by Leo at Cashbox in Footscray, maybe they are unemployed but just don't know it yet?

Maybe Paul H needs the money for Howard or Stuart Cook at Zambreo's

Great Update Noodlebox your d man

#778 9 years ago

Just wait for Stern to announce and release LOTR vault edition prior to TH shipping.
That will suck up any remaining hobbit preorders and be a huge blow to JJP.

Seems like Gary is in the drivers seat here and may have the power to really disrupt JJPs future - <edited>

Post edited by moderator: No personal attacks please.

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Just wait for Stern to announce and release LOTR vault edition prior to TH shipping.
Seems like Gary is in the drivers seat here and may have the power to really disrupt JJPs future - edited.

Well you would think Stern would be all over this with a new display, but rumor is 2 games out until we see it.

#780 9 years ago

That will suck up any remaining hobbit preorders and be a huge blow to JJP

Great idea. Wish ill for a Pinball company....

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Where did I wish ill for anyone?
I am just being realistic.

You don't think a LOTR Vault Edition would eat into Hobbit (pre)sales?
All I'm saying is that Gary potentially has the power to disrupt JJP if he decides to go the cutthroat route.
Given the history between them, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility.

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why not is that new company is not run properly or treats customers poorly. I do not want to go back and fourth and I am starting a bit of trouble, but I do not think Jack or JJP should get a pass on this.

I also do not buy the any argument pro or against JJP being good or bad for pinball. I can argue that WOZ being built is great, but counter argue that all WOZ and JJP made was a massive price increase across the board to everyone.

So I'm standing on neutral and really hoping the Australia group get what is owed to them and if they do not I'm okay with JJP closing shop

#783 9 years ago

Sorry. It just sounded negative.

#784 9 years ago

Seems like Gary is in the drivers seat here and may have the power to really disrupt JJPs future - edited

Stern just needs to worry about Stern. I'd like to see some innovation from them in the next machine.

Mustang was a disappointment (and I'm a damn mustang enthusiast/owner!)

Right now they are building remakes (their own and PPS's). I'm HOPING this breathing room will buy them the time to put out something great. WoZ wasn't my cup of tea and JJP is a complete trainwreck (as a business), but at least they pushed the envelope.

Stern doesn't NEED to do anything *Revolutionary*, but I'd like to see a little Evolution.

#785 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wish we could go back to the good ole days of just Stern. All the companies making pinball machines are screwing things up.

#786 9 years ago

Ok, so let's wish every pin company that does something we don't like goes out of business....

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok, so let's wish every pin company that does something we don't like goes out of business....

Or not start up a business - Vonnie D with those shenanigans

I like the options, but hate the stupid prepay model. I'd rather that went away. There are some awesome companies out there like Heighway, Skit-B, Dutch Pinball and of course I love what Spooky is bringing to the table.

Between JJP, JPOP and Dutch pinball I hope the prepay crap stops. Dutch Pinball I give a pass as they may deliver on time, but JJP and JPOP are waaaaaaay late with delivery or progress.

#788 9 years ago

prepay is good for inflating prices...

#789 9 years ago

This whole thread has turned into a JJP bashfest. "Friendly" site indeed... barely worth participating in anymore. I am firmly convinced there are several posters in this thread who won't be happy unless JJP is out of business.

#790 9 years ago

I will be ecstatic when my friend gets his game, any kind of resolution occurs regarding the Aussies and folks that paid for Hobbitt have games rolling out. And of course if any normal hic ups along the way occur that folks get an honest answer. Going out of business just screws everyone.
Hoping the bashfest kicks JJP in the right direction. Everyone needs an asskicking once in their lives and hopefully it sets things moving forward.

#791 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This whole thread has turned into a JJP bashfest.

Uh yeah and rightfully so...

I want JJP to succeed. It's better for us all. However, this issue has been handled EXTREMELY poorly. How can anyone deny that?

Some people just want to give him pass after pass, the Aussie's have been completely screwed, albeit not directly by JJP, more so indirectly but Jack has made many promises and has not only not kept them, but he seems oblivious to the fact of how ridiculous this situation and his actions are. Why would people just sit back and not say anything? Swing from JJP's nuts all you want, they deserve any "bashing" they get on this subject. There are plenty of positive threads here, much more so than negative ones. This is a great site with many helpful and friendly people.

#792 9 years ago

All this arguing about pass/no pass is inane.

The only pass or no pass that matters is that of a buyer, or potential buyer.

Legal tender orates, male bovine excrement perambulates.

How many times can we go over the same points?

#793 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This whole thread has turned into a JJP bashfest. "Friendly" site indeed... barely worth participating in anymore. I am firmly convinced there are several posters in this thread who won't be happy unless JJP is out of business.

Doesn't matter who is wishing for what, JJPs fate is in JJPs hands end of story and they need to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.

As for pinside, its awesome, I like a glass or two of reality with my browsing and I say to my kids to wash their hands before meals after playing with reality all day.

#794 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Or not start up a business - Vonnie D with those shenanigans
I like the options, but hate the stupid prepay model. I'd rather that went away. There are some awesome companies out there like Heighway, Skit-B, Dutch Pinball and of course I love what Spooky is bringing to the table.
Between JJP, JPOP and Dutch pinball I hope the prepay crap stops. Dutch Pinball I give a pass as they may deliver on time, but JJP and JPOP are waaaaaaay late with delivery or progress.

Guess what?

You don't have to prepay. You have a choice.

Problem solved.

#795 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

All this arguing about pass/no pass is inane.
The only pass or no pass that matters is that of a buyer, or potential buyer.
Legal tender orates, male bovine excrement perambulates.
How many times can we go over the same points?

I respectfully disagree. Jack is monitoring this thread, he has pushed multiple people away with his actions. He has to know at this point he HAS lost sales because of this. This SHOULD push him to:

1. Stick to his words
2. Provide better customer service going forward
3. Realize his pre-payment model is not working
4. Better understand his customer base

These could all be turned into very positive things. I am so glad Playerone was vocal about this. I won't be buying any JJP pins or products in the future until his business model improves drastically. I HAVE purchased from them in the past but I won't going forward until this is fixed because of this issue. You think that doesn't have any effect? Think again...

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is a whole hell of a big difference in "not liking something" and being stiffed for $6-7,000.00.

Come on Ted, you can see the difference.

#797 9 years ago

You don't think a LOTR Vault Edition would eat into Hobbit (pre)sales?
All I'm saying is that Gary potentially has the power to disrupt JJP if he decides to go the cutthroat route.
Given the history between them, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility.

Very unlikely. Still lots of nice condition HUO and clean LOTR for sale for the same that they would need to sell LOTRve. Unless demand for LOTR magically increases and prices go up anothier 1500 then it does not appear a 5k NIB LOTR will sell all that well.

IMve was able to happen due to the supply/demand of IM.

#798 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You think that doesn't have any effect? Think again...

I didn't say that. I just don't see the point of rehashing it repeatedly.

I'd be surprised if Jack isn't ambivalent about ever starting this company up at this point. If he could have foreseen the cabinet supplier issues, the light board issues, the Bumper fiasco, the other things we know about and who knows what else...

I for one have empathy for the guy. I don't condone his backpedaling, but I can understand it.

#799 9 years ago

The only thing on the horizon that would have me buying a jjp game is Pat L. His games are hit and miss with me, but there's no denying that he knows how to make one hell of a pinball machine. For now I'm scared away.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Guess what?

You don't have to prepay. You have a choice.

Problem solved.

You are correct and I cancelled my Hobbit Preorder, but JPOP still has my $$ and I'm not thrilled with those delays. I think we all need to wise up and not buy into the prepay model. This way we force these companies to make the games to feed themselves.

Hell with JPOP and JJP preorders probably funded the company. I want Big Lebowski from Dutch pinball, but I'm not pre ordering it because the other companies like JJP and JPOP leave me with bad feelings.

The fact that 200 people still do not have their WOZ LE is pathetic!!! These people helped fund the company.

The fact that the Aussies are being screwed around with is pathetic business practice.

I agree with the bashing as a good kick in the nuts is what is needed to change current bad practice or attitude.

Maybe we can kick Stern in the nuts to get us code quicker. - I do not want to be completely negative on JJP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.