IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 30.
#651 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

no kidding. if i went there with 100k and asked for the 5% special savings account they would laugh me out of the place.

Banks absolutely have special interest rates for people with big money accounts. I don't know what the cut-off is on a deposit amount, but I would think that if you went into a bank with $120K, you're going to better than .07%. How do you think millionaires are able to live off their interest? They give them special interest rates because they want to take those BIG chunks of money and invest it and make 5 times more with it than whatever rate they are going to give you in return.

#652 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

if you went into a bank with $120K, you're going to better than .07%

If I had that much money to invest, the bank is just about the last place I'd go, unfortunately.

Gotta get back to work!!!

#653 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Banks absolutely have special interest rates for people with big money accounts. I don't know what the cut-off is on a deposit amount, but I would think that if you went into a bank with $120K, you're going to better than .07%. How do you think millionaires are able to live off their interest? They give them special interest rates because they want to take those BIG chunks of money and invest it and make 5 times more with it than whatever rate they are going to give you in return.

thanks for the info but i think i better ask your wife for advice on these matters...no offense

#654 9 years ago

Years ago my CDs were paying 6 1/4 % when the interest on some property was at 5%.
When the cds matured the rate if I rolled them over offered was .02%.
I pulled the cash out and paid off the properties, a little over 1/2 a million.
On our trust account we used to get 7%, the banks would compete for the dollars, not only did we get the 7% but they paid for our accountant.
Now we have to PAY the bank to hold the money.
We used to keep the interest on this account until the state went broke with all the handouts then they came up with regulation Q to steal that money.
The accounting and processing cost to escheat those funds now cost us more than the paltry chump change the bank pays on it.
A waste of time now to bank money, the inflation rate eats up all the interest and then some.
Our crooked politicians sold us out with the bank bailouts, no need to pay interest when they stole us blind.
Most of the people don't get it and don't care since they are buried in usury and have no savings anyway.
I am looking at some Az real estate and possibly another rental here now that RE has bottomed, gotta find a place to park the money and a bank sure as hell isn't it.

#655 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I can tell you that is false, anything over 250K isn't insured by the FDIC and there is no special rate.
I am looking for a 3rd bank right now and in the process of looking for an investment for the other 500K in the first two.
15% of my portfolio is in silver and gold.
If you do buy gold don't buy American coins, if the gov't decides to force you into selling them back to them they will pay you face value of the coin.
They have pulled this scam before.

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

no worries pinfidel, my wife handles it all too. She worked in a bank for years and knows how to shop around for the best deals.
as a kid, it used to be fun to go to the bank and see how much interest you got.. heavy heavy sigh....

Right!? It just awful no-a-days.

When I was a kid growing up on the streets of Boston, we were poor and on welfare. Later on when I got married, I was out of work 2 separate times once with a broken down car that I couldn't fix the tranny on. BOTH times I had NO money! And because I was filing self employed in the family painting business, I could never collect unemployment either. I use to take the change out of my car ashtray and walk a mile to the Stop&Shop grocery store in Stoneham at the time with my pockets full of change. With total embarrassment I would walk up to the cashier with all this change apologizing up and down telling her I forgot my wallet at home and had to grab the change out of my ashtray. Each time I went I would find different cashier girl to use the same line on. And I always bought peanut butter, bread, cereal and milk. That's what my family would eat every day. I had NOTHING! That's all I could afford. I was so stressed out, sick to my stomach that I swore never to do the bills again.

My life finally changed when I caught a break and got into the Union. That's what got me to where I am at today. And I'm not looking for any sympathy, I just wanted to be 1000% honest with you all cause you're all like an extended family. I love Pinside. It always keeps me entertained and smiling. I've many friends on here as well. But that's why till this day, I never do the bills or look at what's in the bank or how my investments are doing. I can't handle knowing what's going on. My wife handles it all and she loves it. I'd be lost, dead and buried without her.

#657 9 years ago

Wow Tracer, that wild info on the Gold. Our government is really sad. They'll bleed us dry if they could. I wish they could straighten out the monster that is the health care system. For every hour I work, I believe $7.65 cents is taken out of my pay for healthcare. And I know some people pay a lot more than that! It's outta control and insane!

I remember my grandfather used to put all his money into CD's in the mid 90's. He had them at 10% back then and was living off the interest from it at the time. He was in his 80's then.

Side note...Hope Maria is charging along. I've voted earlier today.

Edit...I can't believe all the stuff these banks are doing to you. I know most of the guys at work invest their money into their 401K's and mutual funds.

#658 9 years ago

You two should get a room or at least your own thread.

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You two should get a room or at least your own thread.

Nah, just taking the heat off JJP and trying to get this thread to 700! LOL

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

They would be dismissed as not having standing to file claim. The only party that could file a claim against JJP would be Bumper, and Bumper ain't around.

Wrong. JJP is culpable because they selected Bumper to act as their agent.

They were negligent in an improper vetting of their sole distributor. Perhaps you would be correct if many others were taking deposits in Oz.

Standing is a trick most often used by organizations like the government when corrupt judges (who are paid by the very same government) protect their cronies. Most often a claim of "lack of standing" can be disproven by a civil rights violation, but since the government is generally criminal, your rights mean exactly jack shit.

#662 9 years ago

Thanks for all the posts of support guys! It's a long way to go but starting a dialogue is step number one.
Just to be clear, there had been no PM communication with Jack at all leading up to his latest post. I'm going to be documenting the whole process on here. Theres nothing to hide for either side, and hopefully if we can get this across the line it will restore a lot faith in buying pinballs.

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Wrong. JJP is culpable because they selected Bumper to act as their agent.

until lawyers are involved nothing will happen.

aen.pngaen.png
#664 9 years ago

That’s a massive backflip from JJP. Citing legal advice from a year ago when they publicly promised pics and shipment of the pins only one month ago. And did they deposit the money in the State of New Jersey bank a year ago per their legal advice?

I really hope that JJP honours their words this time.

#665 9 years ago

With the number of games on pre order Jack should have quite a sum put away if not the games can not be made.

#666 9 years ago

i wouldn't hold my breath

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I want an apology.

For what? I preordered 2 machines over 3 years ago, am part of the WOZ action group and was part of the phone hook up over 1 year ago when we were promised the games. We had advised and forwarded all information of Aussie buyers then.

#668 9 years ago

I haven't read all this, still working through it, but this is the first thing that came to mind:

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from silverballaus:

For what? I preordered 2 machines over 3 years ago, am part of the WOZ action group and was part of the phone hook up over 1 year ago when we were promised the games. We had advised and forwarded all information of Aussie buyers then.

So riddle me this, batman. Who is to take shipment of the 22 games, sell them and then divvy the money. Is Jack lying when he says there is no one to ship the games to? What kind of people would have ever agreed to take games instead of money? Do you have anything resembling an agreement as a result of your phone hook up, or were you the one on the line? I can see where the only person who would agree to this would be the person receiving the games. Is that supposed to be you? What percent are you expecting to recover?

Jack said in the post that he doesn't know who to ship the games to. You said it's all been settled. Who is going to take possession of the games from JJP?

I'm trying to be sympathetic here, but the nonsense is wearing me out. And yes, the business practices of JJP is my business because I am hoping to buy a Hobbit, but because of BS like the Bumper debacle, I won't even consider any sort of prepayment.

#670 9 years ago

I am sure they will post but in short JJp seems to know who to ship them to right up to several weeks ago when he said they were being built and would ship soon and pics were coming.

Quoted from silverballaus:

am part of the WOZ action group and was part of the phone hook up over 1 year ago when we were promised the games.

Clearly there were communications on this. You have to read back as they were posted. But again the big thing is JJP said they were all a go after a long wait and all was moving forward only to suddenly say different.

#671 9 years ago

I find it peculiar that the disputed funds weren't segregated into a escrow account of some kind in the first place. Why muddy the waters with funds that appear to be encumbered?

So we were told shipping of ecle's domestically slowed because some were being channeled to Australia? So where did they ship to if they aren't going down under? It seems that the 200+ outstanding ecle's have remained at 200+. It just doesn't add up. Standards are shipping, why not the remainder of the LE's?

Are these pm's JJP is sending out threatening in tone, ie cease and desist type pm's or simply offering an account of things? Hopefully it's the latter rather than the former. Strong arming your customer base is really a bad sign. Lets hope that's not the case.

**edit**
Thinking more on this, Jack's response was peculiar. It was as if the two sides have not spoke about this yet the op said several times they had. If the JJP legal brain trust advised against sending the 22 games, why not contact them directly? Why not spell out what he needed in order to indemnify JJP from future recourse. Lay out at checklist of sorts to get the ball rolling? Perhaps have HIS legal counsel draft an indemnity waiver/contract and stipulate the terms to secure delivery of the 22 games. It just seems like a Rube Goldberg way of trying settle this.

#672 9 years ago

#673 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I find it peculiar that the disputed funds weren't segregated into a escrow account of some kind in the first place. Why muddy the waters with funds that appear to be encumbered?
So we were told shipping of ecle's domestically slowed because some were being channeled to Australia? So where did they ship to if they aren't going down under? It seems that the 200+ outstanding ecle's have remained at 200+. It just doesn't add up. Standards are shipping, why not the remainder of the LE's?
Are these pm's JJP is sending out threatening in tone, ie cease and desist type pm's or simply offering an account of things? Hopefully it's the latter rather than the former. Strong arming your customer base is really a bad sign. Lets hope that's not the case.
**edit**
Thinking more on this, Jack's response was peculiar. It was as if the two sides have not spoke about this yet the op said several times they had. If the JJP legal brain trust advised against sending the 22 games, why not contact them directly? Why not spell out what he needed in order to indemnify JJP from future recourse. Lay out at checklist of sorts to get the ball rolling? Perhaps have HIS legal counsel draft an indemnity waiver/contract and stipulate the terms to secure delivery of the 22 games. It just seems like a Rube Goldberg way of trying settle this.

There is no cash flow building LE games only in the standard games.

#674 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

There is no cash flow building LE games only in the standard games.

I understand the crux of the matter. I was trying to be a little more subtle than that and provide a little wiggle room.

#675 9 years ago

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?
Who's in charge of the money?
Who's going to sell games to whoever wants's one?
Who's in charge of accounting?
Who can sign a legal document?
Who can speak for EVERYONE?

#676 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?

LOL

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?

Apparently SilverballAUS.

It's the elephant in the room. No one wants to admit that JJP spent the ill-gotten gain and doesn't have the ability to wash their hands of it. Just like no one wants to admit that the WOZLE buyers have been taken for a ride. I guess the true believers are betting against being stiffed with an unsecured loan in a reorganization. I really don't know how a single person can be comfortable waiting for their prepaid machine at this point.

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

So riddle me this, batman. Who is to take shipment of the 22 games, sell them and then divvy the money. Is Jack lying when he says there is no one to ship the games to? What kind of people would have ever agreed to take games instead of money? Do you have anything resembling an agreement as a result of your phone hook up, or were you the one on the line? I can see where the only person who would agree to this would be the person receiving the games. Is that supposed to be you? What percent are you expecting to recover?
Jack said in the post that he doesn't know who to ship the games to. You said it's all been settled. Who is going to take possession of the games from JJP?
I'm trying to be sympathetic here, but the nonsense is wearing me out. And yes, the business practices of JJP is my business because I am hoping to buy a Hobbit, but because of BS like the Bumper debacle, I won't even consider any sort of prepayment.

There were agreements made in the past yes. It's important now to keep the focus clearly on what Jack has publicly agreed too. As soon as a. draft document is drawn up and agreed to by both parties I will update the thread with all progress, good or bad. Importantly Jack can openly have his say on progress as well. Shipping and the distribution of the machines will also become public knowledge. It's been awhile since the early previous arrangements so a few things will need to be aired off to see if they still fit. All details once in place will be on here, thanks for all your concerns and hopefully we can make something bad, good.

#680 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

**edit**

i can only speak for myself but i got two pm's from the username jjp. both of them were polite -ish basically just rehashing what he said in the thread. Someone else got a pm stating that their way of describing what happened was "a harsh way of saying it"

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No need to be smart and speculate.If the nonsense is wearing you out,take a break and dont click on the thread.
FYI, I have paid money towards 2 x WOZ LE's.
I was at the Aussie meeting/phone hook with Jack and others and personally wanted cash not machines but the majority wanted machines to try and recoup more of their money. I personally dont think cash was viable for JJP at the time anyway.
A well known Australian pinall person,who can be trusted, volunteered to help import,store and distribute the machines, not me. Jack knows who this person is and has done business with him before.
None of the Aussie WOZ victims are concerned who is to receive and store machines so you need not worry either. My main and only concern is getting the machines into the country,or receiving some cash back

#682 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am sure they will post but in short JJp seems to know who to ship them to right up to several weeks ago when he said they were being built and would ship soon and pics were coming.
Clearly there were communications on this. You have to read back as they were posted. But again the big thing is JJP said they were all a go after a long wait and all was moving forward only to suddenly say different.

There was a lot of communication on building and shipping games to OZ, not just over the last 4 weeks but from the time Bumper went bust. There is a trail of emails, JJP can confirm as the senders still have copies.

I dont want to get into a mud slinging match, I will be happy with anything I can get back atm.

#683 9 years ago

Hey JJ,

I found this in the bath salts thread and thought it might interest you:

254843-i.jpg254843-i.jpg

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?

Great questions.

Interesting that Jack never thought to ask any of those 8+ months ago when he *first* agreed to build and ship the 22 machines.... <insert giant eyeroll emoticon>

Some folks are acting as if Jack *just* considered the whole Bumper thing in the last month..... LOL.

The answer to most mysteries is usually the same: Follow the money.
Why did Jack want to build games back in Nov (instead of refunding $$$)
Well, recall he was trying to drum up investment $$$ around that time (pre-JDA)....
Also, ask why they didn't put that money in escrow back then?
All questions are answered by the cash flow problems....
Same as why (new money) standards seem to continue to ship while (old money) LEs slow to a crawl....

Follow the money.

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?

Are all questions that JJP should have ensured were answered before they made any commitment of any kind. Maybe at the same time they were getting the legal advice they just mentioned.

#686 9 years ago

th (2).jpgth (2).jpg

Something smells fishy!

#687 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

There were agreements made in the past yes. It's important now to keep the focus clearly on what Jack has publicly agreed too. As soon as a. draft document is drawn up and agreed to by both parties I will update the thread with all progress, good or bad. Importantly Jack can openly have his say on progress as well. Shipping and the distribution of the machines will also become public knowledge. It's been awhile since the early previous arrangements so a few things will need to be aired off to see if they still fit. All details once in place will be on here, thanks for all your concerns and hopefully we can make something bad, good.

Does this mean there will not be a confidentiality provision?

#689 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol... this gets even funnier.... not only did he screw up the other guys math- he doesn't even know what his own bank is paying him.... his "special savings account" is earning him .05% thats .0005!
LoL.
https://www.stonehambank.com/current_rates/personal_account_rates/

Bwaaaa

#690 9 years ago

There have been several requests to shut this thread down. I am glad the Moderators have left it alone. This is a critical topic that should concern us all. As long as the vitriol stays toned down, this thread should stay open until the pinball world sees the outcome. We should all be interested. What happens here could severely affect the future of JJP and the future of pins produced by them. We all have a sort of vested interest. Good luck Aussies!!!
Mike

#691 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Years ago my CDs were paying 6 1/4 % when the interest on some property was at 5%.
When the cds matured the rate if I rolled them over offered was .02%.
I pulled the cash out and paid off the properties, a little over 1/2 a million.
On our trust account we used to get 7%, the banks would compete for the dollars, not only did we get the 7% but they paid for our accountant.
Now we have to PAY the bank to hold the money.
We used to keep the interest on this account until the state went broke with all the handouts then they came up with regulation Q to steal that money.
The accounting and processing cost to escheat those funds now cost us more than the paltry chump change the bank pays on it.
A waste of time now to bank money, the inflation rate eats up all the interest and then some.
Our crooked politicians sold us out with the bank bailouts, no need to pay interest when they stole us blind.
Most of the people don't get it and don't care since they are buried in usury and have no savings anyway.
I am looking at some Az real estate and possibly another rental here now that RE has bottomed, gotta find a place to park the money and a bank sure as hell isn't it.

Good stuff.....so where would you put $100k with safety from taxes and best return? Some gold and a Roth?

#692 9 years ago

Sorry for derailing a bit.....just spotted the $$$ part.....

#693 9 years ago

I spoke with the WOZ group directors today. They are happy for me to contact Solicitor/Lawyer and get the ball rolling on a certificate of release. I have since spoken with a Lawyer who has advised me to get every piece of information Jack requires to be on the draft and they will start work straight away. They quoted approx $1500 for the work. Payment for this will come from our WOZ fighting fund. I'm now going to PM Jack asking him his requirements.
Will post updates soon.
Update - PM sent to Jack requesting his requirements.

#695 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

There have been several requests to shut this thread down. I am glad the Moderators have left it alone. This is a critical topic that should concern us all. As long as the vitriol stays toned down, this thread should stay open until the pinball world sees the outcome.

If everyone sticks to the Pinside rules (i.e. keep it nice in here) then I see no reason to close this thread down. It's public information affecting a lot of good pinball people both in Australia but possibly also other parts of the world.

People who are only here to stir the pot or cause drama should leave this thread now. It's okay to be critical and, as always, all sides get an equal chance to speak their mind on the Pinside - but only as long as things are kept civil.

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

That’s a massive backflip from JJP. Citing legal advice from a year ago when they publicly promised pics and shipment of the pins only one month ago. And did they deposit the money in the State of New Jersey bank a year ago per their legal advice?
I really hope that JJP honours their words this time.

I always listen for what people don't say. JJP says they were advised but he did not say they had followed that advice.

Personally after watching the last 3 years there is no way I would pre-order any pinball machine from anyone - the perceived benefit just isn't worth the stress of it all!

#697 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Personally after watching the last 3 years there is no way I would pre-order any pinball machine from anyone - the perceived benefit just isn't worth the stress of it all!

+1

#698 9 years ago

I always listen for what people don't say. JJP says they were advised but he did not say they had followed that advice.

+1
But many people are still pre ordering..
Bizarre.

#699 9 years ago

One wonders if the term 'unjust enrichment' came up during the provision of said advice.

It seems the US law pertaining to this is slightly more stringent than here in Australia, but the 79 buyers could still arguably make a prima facie case for it.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/u/unjust-enrichment/

#700 9 years ago

I would imagine Stern Pinball is loving this...Trying to count the money in the boost of sales that will be coming there way. LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.