IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

owes these folks as *individuals* absolutely nothing.

How about honesty and some straight answers!

#602 9 years ago

Two things :

1. - playerone, hire RobT and pay him in pins ...preferably every version of Tron...

2. - JJP just lost a customer in me, Aussies aren't penises, stop jerking them around like a 12yo with their first copy of Hustler.

#603 9 years ago

JJP has just announced a new WOZ-VE to be made before finishing the current production run. Limited to only 2014 machines. He's accepting pre-orders now.

I'm J/K. Can't believe this is gone over 600 posts. Thought it'd be locked up by now.

Proceed...

#604 9 years ago

If I was jack, I'd just follow his lawyer's advice and put the money in a fund held by the state and let the lawyers do their thing.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If I was jack, I'd just follow his lawyer's advice and put the money in a fund held by the state and let the lawyers do their thing.

If I was Jersey Jack I'd probably stick to my word.

#606 9 years ago

I do not believe what is being posted. Are we to believe that this is the first time someone from "Legal" has looked at the situation? I do not believe that for a second. A promise was made to provide the machines in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks go by and poof, complete 180.

Now a documents needs to be provided, indemnities etc....As an outsider, I see it as more stalling pure and simple. Heat was getting too hot, so an attempt was made to dial it down. I expect that whatever documents the aussies provide, they will not be acceptable. Anyone who takes comfort in the recent postings is kidding themselves. Its another stall. If the money were put in an Aussie's lawyer's trust account pending completion of the release/indemnity agreements then there is something. But this simply sounds like another empty promise to be broken in due course......Put the money up in trust, that would be a sign of good faith and serious negotiation......Good luck guys in Australia. You should not have to deal with this.

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

If I was Jersey Jack I'd probably stick to my word.

Not sure if I'd trust the opinion of the guy who spent $5k on socks the cat.

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We see that there is some "plan" to sell these games and get the money and do what with it? Give it to who? Why?
The $120k may as well be donated to a Children's Hospital and do some real good.
We were legally advised to place the $120k in an account with the State of New Jersey and have the rightful owners come and claim it.

Have you done this?

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from silverballaus:

Logistics of this has already been worked out, not an issue. Getting the machines built and sent is.

I want an apology.

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not sure if I'd trust the opinion of the guy who spent $5k on socks the cat.

Ha! What about the guy who has the world record for a sold video game??

If you even had a clue what I've been offered for Socks you would probably retract that statement, pretty effin quickly too...Open mouth, insert foot.

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

And what do you think that "right thing" is?

lol...really???

Simple.

The "right thing" is to do what you PROMISE!
JJP promised to build 22 games back in the Fall.
He promised (very publicly here) again about a month ago.

Either DO what you PROMISE, or
Don't PROMISE what you cant DO.

How can this be simpler? It might be sadder that folks don't "get" this concept either.....

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol...really???
Simple.
How can this be simpler? It might be sadder that folks don't "get" this concept either.....

And then someone with some sense told him to put the money in escrow. To whom should the 20 gamse be given in your opinion? Jack said in this very thread that there is no responsible party and the only option is to put the money in escrow which apparently he hasn't done.

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol...really???
Simple.

alternative is to admit you overstepped your boundaries and correct it by being explicitly clear on what the plan is going forward and then make good on that plan.

#614 9 years ago

So, $120K has been sitting in a bank in Jersey collecting interest for the last 2-3 years? Hmmmm, that could be worth $150K now. Maybe that money should be divided up equally and given back to all the people who bought into WOZ. Maybe then these guys could get half their money back so it wasn't a total loss?

#615 9 years ago

All I can say is that you Aussies that have been ripped off should make separate claims against JJP in New Jersey courts and force them to put the money in an escrow account. Then you can give a lawyer half of what you've got coming from that fund to get it in hand. All other ideas are from dreamers who don't know how the legal system works.

JJP will do absolutely nothing until they are forced to.

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

So, $120K has been sitting in a bank in Jersey collecting interest for the last 2-3 years? Hmmmm, that could be worth $150K now. Maybe that money should be divided up equally and given back to all the people who bought into WOZ. Maybe then these guys could get half their money back so it wasn't a total loss.

Wow, you have to give me the name of your bank.

My "high interest" savings account is 0.7%. That would be <$3000 in interest over 3 years.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How about honesty and some straight answers!

The customer is always right.
Honesty is the best policy

Its up to the aussies and jack now to work out a deal. I hope playerone continues to update us, if not on public forum, then in private. I wish them the best.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Wow, you have to give me the name of your bank.
My "high interest" savings account is 0.7%. That would be <$3000 in interest over 3 years.

I should be your math teacher. That's $30,000 in interest.

My bank is Stoneham savings in Stoneham, MA. My money sits in their special savings account collecting 5% interest.

My suggestion....find a better bank bro.

#619 9 years ago

BTW, when you have over $100K to drop in a bank, you get a much higher interest rate. The more you drop in a bank, the more interest you'll get on your money. Look into it. Just some friendly advice.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

My bank is Stoneham savings in Stoneham, MA. My money sits in their special savings account collecting 5% interest.

lol..... yeah.... you should be his math teacher....

might want to check YOUR math.... "just some friendly advice"

classic.

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

My bank is Stoneham savings. My money sits in their special savings account collecting 5% interest.

Wow!. Just wow.

#622 9 years ago

LOL

#623 9 years ago

Contact a lawyer in Jack's local jurisdiction and have him send a demand letter for refund in full or threaten to form a class that will sue for punitive damages. Problem as solved as it can be for the first couple of victims to do it.

I can't believe that I am the only person who knows this on this board.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Really? By my math, $120,000 x 0.007 = $840 x 3 years = $2520. I rounded up to $3000 to be conservative and take into account the extra gained by the interest compounding each year. Where is my mistake?

5% is crazy high for a bank. If I kept much money in savings I would be sending my money there.

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Wrong and wrong. If your bank is giving you 5% on savings, I'll eat my hat.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Really? By my math, $120,000 x 0.007 = $840 x 3 years = $2520. I rounded up to $3000 to take account for the extra gained by the interest compounding each year. Where is my mistake?
5% is crazy high for a bank. If I kept much money in savings I would sending my money there.

Check it out for yourself. That's why I gave you the bank name. My money has been in there for years.

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Contact a lawyer in Jack's local jurisdiction and have him send a demand letter for refund in full or threaten to form a class that will sue for punitive damages. Problem as solved as it can be for the first couple of victims to do it.
I can't believe that I am the only person who knows this on this board.

Clearly no one here has the legal knowledge and skill of you. You have had a lot of classes certified for suit, then? You are suing for punitive damages without gross negligence evidence pretty often?

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I hope it's a cheeseburger or pizza hat for your sake

#629 9 years ago

And don't forget, when you put $1,000 in a bank, of course you're going to get 0.7% interest.

Get this...When I started my savings account with them, their offer was for a 5% interest savings account no matter how much you put in there. Like I said, I've had the account for years.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Check it out for yourself. That's why I gave you the bank name. My money has been in there for years.

Quoted from SadSack:

lol... this gets even funnier.... not only did he screw up the other guys math- he doesn't even know what his own bank is paying him.... his "special savings account" is earning him .05% thats .0005!

LoL.

https://www.stonehambank.com/current_rates/personal_account_rates/

#631 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

All I can say is that you Aussies that have been ripped off should make separate claims against JJP in New Jersey courts and force them to put the money in an escrow account. Then you can give a lawyer half of what you've got coming from that fund to get it in hand. All other ideas are from dreamers who don't know how the legal system works.
JJP will do absolutely nothing until they are forced to.

They would be dismissed as not having standing to file claim. The only party that could file a claim against JJP would be Bumper, and Bumper ain't around.

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I will, thanks for the heads up. At that rate, I'll make the drive up and open an account. I think we're less than 2% here, but my wife is in charge of the money.

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol... this gets even funnier.... not only did he screw up the other guys math- he doesn't even know what his own bank is paying him.... his "special savings account" is earning him .05% thats .0005!
LoL.
https://www.stonehambank.com/current_rates/personal_account_rates/

Didn't screw up on the math. JJP said he put the $120K in the bank. I said at the interest rate that he probably got for dropping in that much cash growing untouched for 3 years, maybe it's at $150K now. That's the $30K.

Oh, and I never said .5 or .005. I said...5% or 5.0%.

#634 9 years ago

I checked on line,CD's 2%, might as well stay here

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Didn't screw up on the math. JJP said he put the $120K in the bank. I said at the interest rate that he probably got for dropping in that much cash growing untouched for 3 years, maybe it's at $150K now. That's the $30K.

Stop it!! Go read the other posts. Your bank is only giving you .05% NOT 5%. Nobody is getting that much right now.

#637 9 years ago

My account with them is not a CD. It's a straight savings account.

I'm glad to take the pressure off JJP now. LOL

#638 9 years ago

I promise you, I started my account there probably 8 years ago and it was a straight 5% interest rate on new savings accounts. That's why I gave you the banks name. If I was lying, I'd NEVER say the banks name.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

My account with them is not a CD. It's a straight savings account.
I'm glad to take the pressure off JJP now. LOL

I knew it!

A plant to take the heat of JJP. Just when you thought HE was the worst money manager- pinfidel comes along!

btw- in case you're still struggling with the whole "decimal point thingy", $120K is your super special savings account would have netter about $190 in interest.... after 3 years!

I prefer the "JJP/bumper savings method."
Start with zero dollar, wake up with $120K of mad money a few years later

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

https://www.stonehambank.com/products_services_rates/current_rates/personal_account_rates/#savings

So they're giving you 7-10x the going rate on 100k? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

alternative is to admit you overstepped your boundaries and correct it by being explicitly clear on what the plan is going forward and then make good on that plan.

While that would be the right thing to do, at what point do you stop believing what is being said? He has been clear plenty of times, and when it is time to "pay the piper" he has clearly changed his tune.

Jack is and will always be a salesman. I have zero doubt he has complete faith and passion in his product, but have all the doubts in the world he should be in any other position than being a salesman for his product. He needs to give all PR and operating duties to those who are qualified to do them.

#642 9 years ago

Guys, Derek AKA "pinfidel" AKA Straight Pimp is prob the nicest guy on this board. Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to take some heat for JJP since he'd give you the shirt off his back.

Trufth

#643 9 years ago

Now, if you had a 10 year cd from 8 years ago, ok. No one can put 120k into a bank savings account in the last three years and come out with 150k.

#644 9 years ago

no kidding. if i went there with 100k and asked for the 5% special savings account they would laugh me out of the place.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I promise you, I started my account there probably 8 years ago and it was a straight 5% interest rate on new savings accounts. That's why I gave you the banks name. If I was lying, I'd NEVER say the banks name.

Man, just having fun with your post. I dont think you were "lying", I just think you read the tables wrong.

Right now, 1% is a MASSIVE return rate.... more typical is like half a percent or less.
Your return rate is 1/20th of 1 percent.
Not sure? check your statement.

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Man, just having fun with your post. I dont think you were "lying", I just think you read the tables wrong.
Right now, 1% is a MASSIVE return rate.... more typical is like half a percent or less.
Your return rate is 1/20th of 1 percent.
Not sure? check your statement.

LMAO!!! I do NOT do the finances, my wife does. I NEVER check my money accounts or investments. My wife handles it. I called her to ask her about the Stoneham Savings Bank savings account we had set up years ago and where it was at. She just told me...Honey, SSB closed almost 2 years ago. I took it out and switch to our new bank. LMAO!!! BUT, she did say that YES, it was a savings account that gave new customers 5% on their money that they put in their savings account. BUT, she also said that the 5% was on your first INITIAL deposit. Not every time you added to the account. She also said that we opened that account about 10 if not 12 years ago.

That is the 100% honest to God truth. I was not trying to lie or exaggerate in any way.

On another note, thanks, because now I know my money is no longer in that bank! LMAO!!!

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

LMAO!!! I do NOT do the finances, my wife does. I NEVER check my money accounts or investments. My wife handles it. I called her to ask her about the Stoneham Savings Bank savings account we had set up years ago and where it was at. She just told me...Honey, SSB closed almost 2 years ago. I took it out and switch to our new bank. LMAO!!! BUT, she did say that YES, it was a savings account that gave new customers 5% on their money that they put in their savings account. BUT, she also said that the 5% was on your first INITIAL deposit. Not every time you added to the account. She also said that we opened that account about 10 if not 12 years ago.
That is the 100% honest to God truth. I was not trying to lie or exaggerate in any way.
On another note, thanks, because now I know my money is no longer in that bank! LMAO!!!

good save.

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That is too funny. Thanks for the update.

#649 9 years ago

no worries pinfidel, my wife handles it all too. She worked in a bank for years and knows how to shop around for the best deals.
as a kid, it used to be fun to go to the bank and see how much interest you got.. heavy heavy sigh....

#650 9 years ago

I am trying to figure out why I am still reading this thread...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.