Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 9 years ago

I am bringing two games this year. Not sure which ones yet. I can attest that Mike loves pinball and all the people that come to expo show it. Mike is trying to make the event better and I am hopeful that moving and expanding the free play area is a very good thing. Thank you!

Sure, it's a pain to move games to a show and make sure they keep working. I will continue to do that until the day I die because I love pinball as well. If I get paid, awesome. If not, I could care less because I am still going to spend most of my spare time on the hobby I like so much.

Every gaming show has it's problems. But with all things considered, expo is a good value in my honest opinion. I like the show and if you are someone that doesn't for whatever reason, it just tells me that you don't really like pinball that much. Otherwise, you would gladly overlook the problems and appreciate the pinball community that attends the event.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

MGC has games spilling out into the hallways, basically turning the whole hotel floor into a monster sized arcade.

Glad you brought that up because that is one specific reason I did not like this years MGC. I was a vendor there for 3 years in a row now and I don't know if I will be back next year.

Sure, the more games the better but man, they need a bigger venue if they want my business in the future.

#59 9 years ago

Link to Pinball News Article about Expo 2013:

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html

I removed the game list because it's in the link above.

The people attending in my league are bringing some very good games to play. If those are the only games at the show, I will still have a blast.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Sorry for a diversion, but...
    But sorry that you feel the MGC is too big. Our option is to continue to try to make things work or shut things down. Based on response we've had so far, for every one person like you that decides they would rather we be a smaller show, we have five more that want to make us grow.
    I'd venture to bet that no other show has been as involved with local politics to try to get a bigger venue built than us, but we can't perform magic. Based on what I know is going on with that, the fact that there *are no larger venues where we can move to for a reasonable cost within 50 miles of us*, and the fact that I probably had 100 people contact me immediately after last year's show wanting to make 2015 even bigger and better (which, for the record, I always take people up on because I figure this is everyone's show, not mine, so why turn awesome stuff down?), I'm sorry that this attitude may mean that you'll no longer be interested in vending at our show. We're excited to see how it grows for next year, but I'm not willing to tell hundreds of people that are excited to grow the show and show more stuff that we need to shrink it to better fit our venue.
    Gary and I call ourselves "enablers". We "enable" people to make the MGC into the best show that they can. We understand that some people like a smaller more intimate show, and we try to provide opportunities for that at our show, but I also know that we'll never please everyone, and I'm okay with that.
    As for Expo, if it wasn't always when it was in October, I'd bring a game. Seriously, October is the worst month of the year for me for actually doing anything...

Did you read my post? I read yours two times to make sure I fully understand.

When did I say I thought the show was too big? It's already twice as big as that building should really hold. It's way too "crowded".

Don't get me wrong here, in some ways I actually like that cramped feeling with games everywhere.. but this year changed my mind somewhat.

The vendors were put in a tent in the parking lot this year. I wish the VENUE was twice as big. The show is great, it just needs a bigger venue. It took me an hour to navigate to and use the bathroom this year. Tournaments were in hallways... Having 40 people in a very small hallway playing and watching a tournament is the worst organizing I have ever seen at a show in my entire life. At one point I had to walk a quarter mile around the building in the rain to get back to the vendor area.

Are the people there great? Yes. Is the show great? Yes. Will I bring my goods to the show to sell again hoping another hurricane-like rainstorm doesn't ruin it all in the parking lot? I am not so sure about that one.

I just feel like the vendors got the shaft. If you can't move to a bigger venue, maybe don't have vendors next year, I would still come to MGC because I love it. I just don't know about bringing things there to sell.

I am an honest guy and cut right to the point. Don't you agree that the biggest show isn't necessarily the best show?

Specifically regarding your "no other show has been as involved with local politics to try to get a bigger venue built than us"---> ever hear about a show called PhillyClassic? They wanted to be the biggest, best classic gaming show ever and they aren't around any longer because the biggest show they ever had (their last one) sucked. It was EXACTLY for the reasons of bringing in local political entities along with big gaming businesses ($Money$). I would hate to see others make the same mistakes they made.

I am sure the average person attending didn't mind the crowds, and didn't share exactly the same experiences that I did. Carry on then.

Now, lets all move on with how to make things better at pinball expo. MGC is next year, expo is next month. I am with skypilot on this one! He made some great points as well.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

Just think, if pinball expo and others vendors (no names mentioned) could have came to an agreement, there would be more pins @ at expo and not @ the private parties.
    Im just sayin
    JT

I said it last year and I will say it again every time this is mentioned. I support the private party. I support expo. They are both pinball and they are both cool. If people don't support one or the other, that is their choice and that's fine as well. Let's not try to focus on folks that choose not to come to any particular anything. They call that free will. I certainly don't want to hang out with a bunch of "angry that they even came here at all" people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-more-games-at-pinball-expo?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.