Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Not being negative

Seriously When have you ever been positive about anything,Especially Expo.

I sit on the sidelines and listen to all the horse shit that gets spewed by few and I continually become frustrated with the byproduct of this great forum.

This is my first time going to Expo,why, I'll tell you.
    I know Mike Pacak personally and have for several years now.
    I love this hobby, especially restorations (I'd feel the same way about playing if I didn't suck so bad).
    I've listened to Mike talk in great detail and length about pinball and especially Expo.The man is very passionate about this hobby/career/event. He has told me of the 29,yes 29 years he and Rob Berk have put on this show. The ups the downs ,the logistics, ( hauling his collection from Northwest Ohio to Chicago) ,the politics,dealing with the hotel ,Stern,Pinball Life, His many friend and sometime not so much friends, the tourney's ,the speakers,the odd requests,the promises ,the help,the favors,the people freeloading(sneaking in) the expectations...shall I go on?

I realize that Mike is not the most polished or articulate man on this forum but his intentions are that of someone who wishes to share in the hobby and make it better. He has gone out of his way for me many times when I needed something in my restorations.

He has instilled in me the excitement of going to the pinball homeland,Chicago . I'm going to tour the Stern factory,I'm going to hopefully meet LLoyd,Dennis ,Greg,Steve,George,Gary, Kevin,Pat...shall I go on.

I'm going to sit in on speakers, I'm going to meet Robin and a whole slew of great Pinsiders who have helped me learn to restore these great machines. ..shallI go on?

I'm going to have a few cocktails ,play some pinball,talk to suppliers, buy some parts ,maybe another pinball machine (like I need more ) In other word I'm going to enjoy myself.

Mike has worked very hard to try to accommodate everyone in this community to the best of his ability. Opening and extending the playing area hours was a request that came from here last year and is now happening . He continues to try to get more games there for the "players" also. Keep in mind this is a very unique show with a very unique venue. There's is a lot of things going on here not just free play game. So for those of you who wish to compare it to other shows ,don't, its apples and oranges.

With that said to my many friends I see at Expo,Cheers.

As for those of you who are not completely satisfied with every one of you many ,many opinions,wishes expectations, Stay home your not going to have fun there anyway.

Regards, Keith

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-more-games-at-pinball-expo?tu=skypilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.