4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

well said (as always) tullster.

I am not going to change it with my views and sharing my opinions, so might as well just enjoy it for what it is.

Hope to see many of you there and have a good time.

#102 4 years ago

I dont check in until Thursday, but debating coming up Wed. to help load-in / soak up downtown Chicago.
    Are volunteers still needed ?

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

I am planning on bringing 14 games, mostly classic Bally/Stern with a few other games tossed in, will post a list just before I leave for the show.

Let me know when you arrive and I'll be glad to lend a hand unloading and setting up.

#104 4 years ago

I am going to shoot you a longer reply in PM because this is a Expo thread, but feel free to start a new one if you want to and we can have a public discussion about the MGC.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I just feel like the vendors got the shaft. If you can't move to a bigger venue, maybe don't have vendors next year, I would still come to MGC because I love it. I just don't know about bringing things there to sell.

Again, Gary and I call ourselves 'enablers.' We try to enable everyone who wants to participate to be able to do so in the best way possible. Before last year, the number one complaint / suggestion that the vendors had is they wanted more space and a bigger area. We did what we could to correct that at a reasonable cost. If *you* decide that we didn't do a good enough job for *you*, then I would encourage you to either make suggestions on how we can improve (via email please, as it's easier for me to track and reply to) or don't participate.

I'm NOT going to tell all of the other vendors who do want to come back and are working with us to greatly improve their experience from last year that they cannot come back because one person told us the show would be better without them.

If others feels the same way, we'll see it and know it needs to be addressed in a different way. Not sure how that would be, as we spent more on the structure than we took in from vendors by a lot last year, and it is by far the most cost effective way of making things happen, but we would do our best... like we always do.

As for Expo, I always enjoy that every year it seems that someone takes a truly unique prototype out there. A few years ago, and I wish I remember it's name, there was a game with a grid of like 16 drop targets. That thing was awesome to play. I forget who made it before getting a job at Williams, but it's fun to see that sort of thing.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

As for Expo, I always enjoy that every year it seems that someone takes a truly unique prototype out there. A few years ago, and I wish I remember it's name, there was a game with a grid of like 16 drop targets. That thing was awesome to play. I forget who made it before getting a job at Williams, but it's fun to see that sort of thing.

Made by Duncan Brown, Chief Bank-A-Flip Galactic Poker Dice Pinball.

LTG : )™

#106 4 years ago

My suggestion for Expo is this: At the awards dinner, Mike Pacak would tell Steve Young to shove his customer number and they could square off in a kiddy pool.

All in fun, Mike. I look forward to Expo again this year. And thanks again for your personal attention in getting me a room at the Expo rate.

#107 4 years ago

How about having the whole rebate thing dealt with after the fact. Give everyone that brings a game a numbered stamped rebate card for each game they bring. Tell them to drop it in the mail and you're people can mail rebate checks to all that send in coupons. That way a week or so after the show you get a check in the mail. The way you handle the preorder and registration process is top notch and the nice young lady that runs that always seems to get it right. I bet she could rip out the rebates in a few days after and everyone would get their money not just the few that were'nt totally spent by sunday and just couldn't deal with tracking down mike after for the money. Just a thought...

Tom

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

That's a deal breaker for me.

I must of needed a Snickers bar, we are still gonna give it a go.

#109 4 years ago

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks Brian!!

Ron...

Quoted from BrianBannon:

I am planning on bringing 14 games, mostly classic Bally/Stern with a few other games tossed in, will post a list just before I leave for the show.

#110 4 years ago

I been working wit BRIAN since last time he brought games.. Finally made a deal with him to bring again..I do do work behind the scenes as well . The CINCI group will be bringing 21or so gamesa s well will have list soon

#112 4 years ago

I have been bringing games to Expo for years. Yes it's pain to load up a game haul it 4 hours, upload, setup, let it get played to death, repair it... Load it back up, and drive 4 hours home, and haul it back inside the house... But you know what... It's worth it. That is what pinball and pinball shows are all about. If you go to Expo to just play games, then your missing out. I go to meet friends who I only see at Expo or other pinball events. I don't get those who complain about the free play room, that is only a small part of what Expo is about. It's a 4 day event, if you only come for one day or a few hours, then your missing out.

Give Mike a break, I have never had any issues with him or any trouble getting a wrist band when I arrive on Thursday morning.

Damon

P.S. I think this will be my 19th Expo, my first was either 1995 or 1996. Ah the good ole days.

#113 4 years ago

Had a couple of takers so far which is great! Repeating the post since it's buried earlier in the thread...

COLORDMD'S OFFER TO HELP GET MORE GAMES TO EXPO!!!

Over the past two years, we've been offering incentives to get more games to shows. This helps out the venue while also helping us to share some of the cool things we've done. So here's our offer...

Bring a game to Expo with a ColorDMD in it and we'll provide a $50 discount off the cost of the display or a future display purchase!

This is in addition to whatever Mike's offering. If you've been thinking about buying a new display and would like to take us up on this offer, please send an email to info@colordmd.com.

Randy

#114 4 years ago

I love how it's been 13 years since I've been to Expo and people are still crapping all over Mike and saying they'll stop going.

29 years and everyone keeps showing up!

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I love how it's been 13 years since I've been to Expo and people are still crapping all over Mike and saying they'll stop going.

29 years and everyone keeps showing up!

Yep, we keep showing up, because it's a great show - warts and all.

#116 4 years ago

I love this show, and have thoroughly enjoyed it every single year that I've gone.

My wife and I can't wait for the 30th expo....it's going to be a great time, and I hope to meet a lot of you there!

For the first time ever, I think I'll get to do the Stern Tour. I hope they've got TWD rolling down the line...

It's going to be a blast! Thanks to all who bring games to share!

Pete

#117 4 years ago

the best hotel of any show I've been too, nice area. Mikes kool in my book.

#118 4 years ago

Mike just did an interview about the show on the Gameroom Junkies, It's very informative. This year's show sounds to be a lot better with the amount of pinballs to play. Mike also mentioned that on Friday that the exhibit hall might open at 1:00pm.

#119 4 years ago

If anyone needs help unloading / carrying pins please pm me and Ill shoot ya my #.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside