312026_2392133602776_1233978548_2945150_1533131_n-709.jpg
Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
IMGA0232.JPG
IMGA0195.JPG
IMGA0201.JPG
IMGA0200.JPG
patience.jpg
DSC_0421.JPG

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

How about Deep Purple "Highway Star" ?

I tried it, but it didn't work for me. Tried "Burn" too (which I liked a little better), but maybe it was the mode I was putting it into, maybe I've heard those songs a few too many times? I don't know what it was, but that's not to say I might not drop 'em in there in the future! It is a plus to have a great car song to go in there!

I think it's a really personal decision of what stays and what goes. What works for me, might not work for somebody else. I know I've got a few keepers, and a few I'm still not sure about (but maybe it's best that way). I'm do know that when the new code drops It'll have to be redone anyway, so I'm not too worried about it at this point. I've got a bunch of songs saved to swap in & out.

#103 9 years ago

Question for those using the pinball browser (great tool by the way). I have been modifying my mustang premium code and its easy to drop songs in and out but haven't been able to change the text that lists the song title on the dmd.

I didnt see the song titles in the "messages" tab of pinball browser. Is there another area I should be looking at in pinball browser to edit the text to re-title the song to match the new one I drop in? Thx in advance for any help. Chris

#104 9 years ago

Chris, I haven't had to worry about the text, because on the pro, there isn't any. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I was thinking of starting a Mustang song swap thread, but since there's only a few of us, I figured we might as well keep this thread bouncing along since it's sorta related.

So post your song ideas. There's no right or wrong, since everybody's musical taste is different. Maybe someone will post a cool song that you haven't thought of?

So here's what I've swapped out on my Mustang Pro...
The only song I kept was "Ace of Spades" because (to me) Lemmy Rules!
- Replaced "Go Boy Go' with Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones.
- Replaced "Drag City" with a blistering live version of "Jack The Ripper" by Link Wray.
- Replaced Stunt Driver's generic techno boogie tune with "The Peter Gunn Theme" by The Blues Brothers.
- Replaced Police Pursuit's generic techno boogie tune with "Black Sunshine" by White Zombie.
- Replaced Cruisn's "Free Ride" with "Dominance & Submission" by Blue Oyster Cult.
- Replaced Road Race's generic techno boogie tune with "Cruise on Out" by Rory Gallagher (This is the mode I tried Highway Star in but didn't like it. I thought it didn't blend with the funny call-outs).

There's a few other spots I'd like to try swapping out, but haven't had the time. It's going to get to the point where I decide "close enough!"

#105 9 years ago

New Mustang code 1.40 is out for pro, premium, and LE - Mystery Light now works - Enjoy!

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-mustang-boss-premium

Boss premium read me:

V1.40 - October 2, 2014
=======================

- New Burnout multiball. Spelling 1-8-0 lights Burnout multiball.
The sequence of shots in Burnout MB is:
1) Shoot 3 jackpots
2) Shoot bowl to spell BURNOUT -OR- Collect your super JP @ captive ball
3) If you spelled BURNOUT, shoot L.RAMP followed quickly by captive ball for 360 jackpot
4) Pop bumpers relight jackpots.
- New Mystery Ford rule.
- Mystery Ford is lit by completing a race (qualifying race for Silverball Stampede).
- Shoot the bowl to collect an award.
- Awards include: Upgrades, Gears, Multiball, Extra Ball, 3x scoring, progress towards drift
- New SHIFT skill shot.
- Shooting the lit GEARS letter, without making any other switches, gives an award.
- Shooting letter A while the white column is lit awards up to two gears (!).
- Shooting letters G or E while the red column is lit awards points.
- Shooting letters R or S while the blue column is lit awards points.
- New R-P-M Spinner rule.
- Spelling RPM lights RPM spinner scoring.
- Shoot RPM targets to extend RPM spinner scoring.
- Spinner score is based on #upgrades.
- New powershift rule for Boss and LE machines.
- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.
- New Extra ball qualification.
- EB now lights after qualifying two races for drift.
- New speech.
- Score balancing.
- EB now will appear in Toolbox if not enough extra balls are being awarded.
- Fixed new car lamp not always turning on.

#106 9 years ago

That's not a bad update and it only took a couple months. At least it's something, they must have more people working on code.

#107 9 years ago

Looks like for the Premium only. Pro and LE haven't changed? So Mystery works on Premium. What about the Pro?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

New Mustang code 1.40 is out for pro, premium, and LE

Quoted from sed6:

Pro and LE haven't changed?

Quoted from ckorth:

Boss premium read me:

#109 9 years ago

Just used the link and it said it was no longer available.

#113 9 years ago

It looks like the files were updated, but the dates didn't update.

game-code/game-code-mustang-pro
game-code/game-code-mustang-le

#114 9 years ago

I am happy to have it and now the button on my boss
Does something and the rest of the update looks ok also
And it only took about 4 or 5 months

#115 9 years ago

First time trying to download one of these updates and I must be doing something wrong. I'll try again to a different thumb drive tomorrow.

#116 9 years ago

Code updates are, in a convoluted way, a de facto feeling of a new machine in the hand. Installing the new code will add new flavor to the game and play, and will also require me to initiate beating the default high scores.

It is as though I am dating the same twenty year old girl after a two month break. Only thing is, now she has even firmer breasts and tighter... Sweet!! How can life get any better? Another code update? Bring her on!!!

#117 9 years ago

For the Premium,,, Great News!

1 week later
#118 9 years ago

I just upgraded my mustang pro and wow .....I'm super happy with this upgrade .....this awesome game just got waaaaay better .....we love you stern .....I definitely buying a walking dead pinball ...

1 month later
#119 9 years ago

Recieved my Mustang Premium on Friday and updated code to 1.4.
As far as I can tell, the power button on the lockdown bar still doesn't do anything but light up.
What is it supposed to do with the new code?
(I am used to AC/DC where it launches ball and gives VIP pass)
Appreciate info.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from kwpinball:

As far as I can tell, the power button on the lockdown bar still doesn't do anything but light up.

That is the same on my Premium. A connection problem maybe? Hopefully some one else will ring in.

#121 9 years ago

Hey Rockrand, you said above that your button now does something. What does it do?

#122 9 years ago

Today got to the bottom of the problem where Power Button does not function. On my new machine, if I removed the locking bar and played without it, the switch would function, i.e. launch the ball. However when the lock bar was attached, the plastic power button did nothing. At first I thought the button wasn't pushing the contact down far enough so I bent it up a bit. No good.
In the diagnostics menu, did an active switch test and found the power button switch was active with game stopped so while reaching under through the coin door, after identifying which block on the grid on the DMD corresponded to that switch, I gently pulled down on the middle contact of the leaf switch until the light went out and then gently bent it a little further until the light would stay out without holding on to it. Appears problem solved.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from kwpinball:

Appears problem solved.

Great news. I'll try this as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-our-mustang-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.