312026_2392133602776_1233978548_2945150_1533131_n-709.jpg
Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
IMGA0232.JPG
IMGA0195.JPG
IMGA0201.JPG
IMGA0200.JPG
patience.jpg
DSC_0421.JPG
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Ok stern you guys did the Star Trek upgrade code , now please finish our mustang code ...PLEASEEEE

#2 9 years ago

I hope there are not done with it,I am waiting

#3 9 years ago

Waited about 9 months for ST.

#4 9 years ago

Check back next spring....

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Ok stern you guys did the Star Trek upgrade code , now please finish our mustang code ...PLEASEEEE

I'm asking this seriously because I've only played the game on location, so I haven't been all the deep through the rules. What's missing of unfinished?

#6 9 years ago

The only things I've really noticed (on the Pro) are...

- When Mustang Multiball is over, the "New Car" music plays and is awarded if made, but the light above the scoop doesn't work.

- The "Mystery" light above the flippers doesn't seem to be used. I was looking at the audits, and there's some sort of Mystery that is being awarded. I haven't noticed when or how it's awarded.

#7 9 years ago

I know that other companies did code updates to correct problems, but has any company other than Stern released code that is essentially incomplete and done so on purpose?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I know that other companies did code updates to correct problems, but has any company other than Stern released code that is essentially incomplete and done so on purpose?

Would you rather they just ship the game and never update it thus making it 'complete'? The whole stern incomplete code thing is long in the tooth. Games ship with a release version and improve over time, just about every electronic device you own does the same it's not unexpected in the least.

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

Would love to see how they utilize the creature cup over the right flipper.

#10 9 years ago

Played some Mustang yesterday at a Mustang race event where the game was promoted. Note that I'm not a fan of the Drag Race Multiball being the default mode and I think it makes it too easy to achieve multiball. But if Stern insists on keeping the mode in the game here's a few suggestions:

From watching others play I realized it might be easier for players to understand the 1970 Drag Race Multiball if in a single-player game the droptargets would not reset after draining if not all targets are knocked down to start the multiball. Currently you can knock down 3 target and then drain. The targets reset when a new ball is served and only 2 targets need to be shot to start the multiball. That is confusing as most players don't understand why they are getting this multiball. If they actually see they completed the entire bank and then Multiball starts it makes more sense to them.

Or, and this makes more sense in a multiplayer game, reset the drop targets at the beginning of each new ball (when not completed), but on your next ball you will have to shoot them all again. So no memory for knocked down targets.

#11 9 years ago

Along with the above I would like to see the premium improved with the pop up targets used in better ways,I understand there will be more code for mustang

#12 9 years ago

For Stern, Sales = Updates. If it doesn't sell well, they abandon it. No sense using assets on a "dud", I suppose. This is not a dig at Stern, it's just the way it is.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Played some Mustang yesterday at a Mustang race event where the game was promoted. Note that I'm not a fan of the Drag Race Multiball being the default mode and I think it makes it too easy to achieve multiball. But if Stern insists on keeping the mode in the game here's a few suggestions:
From watching others play I realized it might be easier for players to understand the 1970 Drag Race Multiball if in a single-player game the droptargets would not reset after draining if not all targets are knocked down to start the multiball. Currently you can knock down 3 target and then drain. The targets reset when a new ball is served and only 2 targets need to be shot to start the multiball. That is confusing as most players don't understand why they are getting this multiball. If they actually see they completed the entire bank and then Multiball starts it makes more sense to them.
Or, and this makes more sense in a multiplayer game, reset the drop targets at the beginning of each new ball (when not completed), but on your next ball you will have to shoot them all again. So no memory for knocked down targets.

Off topic but do you have a link to that race event, would be interesting to see what goes on in that part of the world.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Off topic but do you have a link to that race event, would be interesting to see what goes on in that part of the world.

http://fordmustangclub.nl/index.php/events/zandvoort/bezoekersinfo/216-zandvoortuk

We also took this picture:
DSC_0421.JPGDSC_0421.JPG
This is a handbuild prototype of the new Mustang with Stern's Mustang Pro next to it. I suggested to do a shoot like this and some press jumped on it right away

#15 9 years ago

I'd love an update.

#16 9 years ago

I'm not buying TWD until Stern confirms another update for Mustang is coming.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

100% agreed

#18 9 years ago

I would hope there is another stang update on the way; lots of stuff missing in the game

#19 9 years ago

Well, you won't get an answer here, but you could try emailing them or asking on the fb. That's how we were told Avengers had no updates planned.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, you won't get an answer here, but you could try emailing them or asking on the fb. That's how we were told Avengers had no updates planned.

Av must not have sold very well. Does it still feel "incomplete"?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

This was why I sold my NIB Avengers.
Stern had poor sales on the title, poorest of all the last 5 years' releases-even worse than Transformers-another decent but incomplete title, so they abandoned both code-wise.
One more code update and I would have kept - Av was a terrific playing game but was losing value and I could not afford that.

Mustang will be updated, but it may be awhile.
You KNOW what they are concentrating on now - TWD - PERIOD!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

TWD is a different team than Mustang. Lyman did not work on Mustang. So TWD is not eating Mustang's lunch as far as potential code updates.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

For Stern, Sales = Updates. If it doesn't sell well, they abandon it. No sense using assets on a "dud", I suppose. This is not a dig at Stern, it's just the way it is.

110% correct.

But it is, and should be, a definite dig at Stern.
When you spend car prices for pinballs, they should support them - no matter how many they do or do not sell, or better yet finish them up better before releasing. Maybe the lesser titles would even sell better, cherish the thought, if they were more complete at release time.

Metallica sold like crazy, and still has a lack of good coding.
That was the last straw for many buyers.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

This was why I sold my NIB Avengers.
Stern had poor sales on the title, poorest of all the last 5 years' releases-even worse than Transformers-another decent but incomplete title, so they abandoned both code-wise.
One more code update and I would have kept - Av was a terrific playing game but was losing value and I could not afford that.
Mustang will be updated, but it may be awhile.

You sold the game without opening the box. How would you know if the code was incomplete enough not to enjoy?

#25 9 years ago

Please update Mustang!! Pretty please with a cherry on top!!

#26 9 years ago

like everybody said... somewhere in 2015.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

We'll the only other company with a mass produced game, in recent time, would be JJP and they diffidently sent WOZ out with incomplete code. All there updates weren't just correcting bugs.

I'm in the boat of rather having a game with unfinshied code than waiting till it's 100% done. That is assuming the unfinished code is mostly complete.

Quoted from cody_chunn:

AV is complete. It has a couple of noticeable bugs but I would say it's 99% complete. The main misses that you will see is that the Thor backbox light doesn't work properly in some instances and the pop bumper lights turn off after you qualify Captain America. I believe there are some things missing from the final wizard mode but almost nobody will get there. AOTHC is the wizard mode most will get to and it's very well done, IMHO. Some will say the code is incomplete because they just don't like the code but it really is pretty complete.

Quoted from hank527:

Please update Mustang!! Pretty please with a cherry on top!!

I sure hope so. The game seems pretty fun as it stands but I could see where a code update could help it out. I'd like to own it some day down the road so I'm pulling for you Mustang owners that one comes out.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

110% correct.
But it is, and should be, a definite dig at Stern.
When you spend car prices for pinballs, they should support them - no matter how many they do or do not sell, or better yet finish them up better before releasing. Maybe the lesser titles would even sell better, cherish the thought, if they were more complete at release time.
Metallica sold like crazy, and still has a lack of good coding.
That was the last straw for many buyers.

Metallica has a "lack of good coding"?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Metallica has a "lack of good coding"?

Think he meant "had" vs "has". Just interpreting via context. Think it's obvious MET Code was pretty bad at first.

1 week later
#30 9 years ago

Bump still waiting

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Think he meant "had" vs "has". Just interpreting via context. Think it's obvious MET Code was pretty bad at first.

I'd say that the code was very good out of the gate, but clearly incomplete. That suited me fine. I had a lot of fun going for Seek and Destroy back then, and now the main goal is CIU. It's almost like getting two different games.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Transformers-another decent but incomplete title, so they abandoned both code-wise.

And apparently they abandoned TF, even though they used several requests straight from Pinside, such as progression hold on Optimus Prime.
Mettalica is coded with some fuc&ing great features, and Transformers got finished, not abandoned.
Some people just wanna bitch, I guess.
As far as Mustang, I haven't spent a lot of time on it, so I can't really say much.

#33 9 years ago

I think Mustang might end up as the new WoF in terms of updates... but I am happy to be wrong.

#34 9 years ago

"We need our Mustang code!"............Not sure the word "We" applies............there are only 3 of you.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

"We need our Mustang code!"............Not sure the word "We" applies............there are only 3 of you.

3 would still make it out to be 'We'

#36 9 years ago

Get Mine next Week, so i Hope the New Code is coming soon..

#37 9 years ago

Another thousands of dollars costing game that will not get finished code.

Will they ever get decend? (Instead of learn)

Never buy a pin with code you dont like!

#38 9 years ago

We certainly could use an updated code..

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

The only things I've really noticed (on the Pro) are...
- When Mustang Multiball is over, the "New Car" music plays and is awarded if made, but the light above the scoop doesn't work.
- The "Mystery" light above the flippers doesn't seem to be used. I was looking at the audits, and there's some sort of Mystery that is being awarded. I haven't noticed when or how it's awarded.

If this is all that's wrong then sounds like the game is fine. Seriously, no one has stated what is unfinished. The thread is only filled with "I'm not buying another stern..." type posts. The game may not warrant another update. Sounds like no one can give anything concrete on whats wrong with it as is.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Lol.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game may not warrant another update. Sounds like no one can give anything concrete on whats wrong with it as is.

For the Premium the "Power Button" on the lock down bar has no code. The LED's just change colour. This feature is not functioning on my machine.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

For the Premium the "Power Button" on the lock down bar has no code. The LED's just change colour. So may be this feature is not in the code for LE either.

Does it plung the ball when it's in the shooter lane?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does it plunge the ball when it's in the shooter lane?

No, not on my pin. Not like ST at all. Could just be my pin?? I am not sure.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

No, not on my pin. Not like ST at all. Could just be my pin?? I am not sure.

You could go into switch test and push the switch and see if it registers. If so I'd assume it's code. If not fix the switch until it does register in switch test then see how it behaves in game.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

This is so true. Stern doesn't really get customer good will entirely when it comes to code. People can say what they will about JJP but at least that company put focus on code.

I'm a TWDLE pre-order sucker...but I'm starting to remember the code issues again now that the initial buzz is dying down a bit.

#46 9 years ago

Mustang has some similar layouts to Alien Poker and Beat the Clock... but with much more flow. Fun theme and great "through the years" cars and music... I think its Trudeau's best design. Thanks for a great and solid game John and the rest of the Stern team!

Software update please!

#47 9 years ago

Here we go again...

patience.jpgpatience.jpg

#48 9 years ago

I'm fine with it the way it is for now and am sure another update is in the works. I can wait.

The best upgrade I've done is changing out songs. "Blitzkrieg Bop" is a perfect replacement for "Go boy go", etc. Much more fun to play if there's songs you REALLY like on it!

#49 9 years ago

Yesterday, on my pin the 360 degree bowl now scores 6 rotations. Before this it only scored 4 rotations. I think this is part of the progressive programming?
The Premium I have also has V1.31 as a code level. Most of the other Pinsiders only write that the code they have is V1.3.

#50 9 years ago

I hope you guys get your code. it wasn't exactly a "hot seller" for us.
We sold 1 LE and I think 3 pros [one just last week].
Really hope it's not a WoF again.

If I were a coder and the game was unpopular and Stern "abandoned" it officially, I would still work on it in my spare time and eventually make it complete because my name was on it.
Understand that wasn't possible with WoF since Keith was gone from Stern and probably didn't take his software/development tools with him [assumption].

After 10 months or so you might really have to start screaming for it if there's not an update. kinda how it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-our-mustang-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.