Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

We now only can hope an anonymous podcaster stands up, someone who can give openly a negative opinion, talks about rumors and leaks news without being threatened.

#3 3 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCHaFxxDKoc/?igshid=1j5mcev3zoeup

Would y’all listen to 10 minutes of that a week?

#4 3 years ago

Like the Unknown Comic on the Gong Show.

Bring the Unknown Podcaster on !

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

We already have one. He’s called “macho.”

Really we need fewer podcasters, not more. I remember when there were two and that was still one more than we needed (Gary vs TOPcast).

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really we need fewer podcasters, not more. I remember when there were two and that was still one more than we needed (Gary vs TOPcast).

Was that the infamous Gary that overly praised HEP?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He is not anonymous enough, most insiders already know who that is.

Actually we do need more like Kaneda, even if it was far from perfect. With TPN you only get the positive "news", where is that frequent but short and to-the point industry news, customer advocacy and rumors podcast?

#8 3 years ago

There’s significant demand for his product...and what happens when you take a drug dealer off the street?

#9 3 years ago

Be the change you want to see....

This is your moment to start one.

You know you want to.

Quoted from Bumper:

We now only can hope an anonymous podcaster stands up, someone who can give openly a negative opinion, talks about rumors and leaks news without being threatened.

#10 3 years ago

You want more negatively? Someone screaming for an hour about dimples or bubbles bursting? To each their own I guess.

#11 3 years ago

I think someone posted in the Kaneda thread before it got closed about him taking an apprentice under his wing and imparting all the knowledge and contacts to the young Skywalker.

He can then rise up and strike down the evil empire that is The Pinball Show and send lord Meny to the showers. Dennis we still like you as your not a shill you just need a better sidekick.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

You want more negatively? Someone screaming for an hour about dimples or bubbles bursting? To each their own I guess.

Can't computers just read text on screen now a days? Just read/listen to any pinside thread.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Was that the infamous Gary that overly praised HEP?

Gary Cubeta !

Kaneda's predecessor - same thing - he was very opinionated and stirred up RGP back in the day ! Kaneda was definitely better, no doubt, but it's funny how everything comes back around. I really wish there was a way to access those old podcasts he did. Then the only argument to be had was HEP is the best (which he is) vs everything else. There was really no discussions about any new games coming out for the most part - it was all original vs restored arguments. People bitching how much restorations cost vs original condition... Now everyone restores everything... The more things change they stay the same - just different things to fight about.. LOL

Clay's podcasts are the gold standard and done for historical documentation... If you miss Kaneda go listen to all of Clays you won't regret it - so much inside info and great guests. Nothing today can hold a candle to the value of what he did.

#14 3 years ago

We offer Off The Record Pinball Podcast on The Pinball Network for anyone wanting to take a shot at recording their own podcast, without the setup, hosting fees, commitment, etc. A test-drive, if you will.

The TPN committee has yet to censor or prevent anyone from having a voice or the podcast they want to create. We are even there to help assist if needed.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I nominate O-din

Thanks, but I could never give a negative opinion. All my opinions are positively mine.

2 weeks later
    #16 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We offer Off The Record Pinball Podcast on The Pinball Network for anyone wanting to take a shot at recording their own podcast, without the setup, hosting fees, commitment, etc. A test-drive, if you will.
    The TPN committee has yet to censor or prevent anyone from having a voice or the podcast they want to create. We are even there to help assist if needed.

So you would accept someone as Kaneda without any sensoring?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

So you would accept someone as Kaneda without any sensoring?

Sure, if someone wanted to have strong takes that are not hateful or blatantly false, we are open to create a space for people to be heard.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

So you would accept someone as Kaneda...

Quoted from ZMeny:

Sure, if someone wanted to have strong takes that are not...blatantly false..

Sooo that's a no

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-an-anonymous-pinball-podcast?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.