0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpeg
6f712548-2a70-4af8-b974-e424dc9c242f-st2_vertical-main_pre_us (resized).jpg
time_out_arcade (resized).png
Screenshot_20190708-074428 (resized).png
ST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpg
15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg
bowie (resized).jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago

Stranger Things would rank for me right near the top of all time things I've ever seen on TV/Film.

They have just created such a cool world, that's full of atmosphere and personality.
It's extremely well written, with lots of characters that you care about, are interesting, and interact with each other in cool ways. The nostalgia factor is done perfectly. The story they are telling is original and very entertaining. The tone can be dark, scary, and intense or light and funny...they blend suspense and intrigue seamlessly with big action and adventure. The cast is great.

I think it's an all time classic already.

#152 4 years ago

I picked up a Stranger Things themed MAME cabinet a few months ago. The cabinet art looks great in the game room.

D9EDFF10-453F-4665-A772-C72FD042D7AE (resized).jpegD9EDFF10-453F-4665-A772-C72FD042D7AE (resized).jpeg0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpeg0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpegA3FF323A-F1A4-4E77-9111-1198EA096E20 (resized).jpegA3FF323A-F1A4-4E77-9111-1198EA096E20 (resized).jpeg76A93EA9-70F8-4CD9-BA7B-748DD5C9F9F6 (resized).jpeg76A93EA9-70F8-4CD9-BA7B-748DD5C9F9F6 (resized).jpeg
#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Stranger Things would rank for me right near the top of all time things I've ever seen on TV/Film.
They have just created such a cool world, that's full of atmosphere and personality.
It's extremely well written, with lots of characters that you care about, are interesting, and interact with each other in cool ways. The nostalgia factor is done perfectly. The story they are telling is original and very entertaining. The tone can be dark, scary, and intense or light and funny...they blend suspense and intrigue seamlessly with big action and adventure. The cast is great.
I think it's an all time classic already.

I agree. It’s filling the niche of awesomeness that was left vacant by GoTs self destructing final season. Surely someone will pick this license up for an awesome pin.

#154 4 years ago

Just finished season 3 last night. Phenomenal show.

Are there any rumors of any pin company pursuing the license? Seems too dark for JJP to take a look at...but they are doing GnR so maybe they are looking to diversify the catalog a bit.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just finished season 3 last night. Phenomenal show.
Are there any rumors of any pin company pursuing the license? Seems too dark for JJP to take a look at...but they are doing GnR so maybe they are looking to diversify the catalog a bit.

I would love JJP to do this - but I think they have a few pins already planned over the next couple of years.

Stern would probably do a good job with it (they are hit and miss) - but they would almost certainly get it to market the quickest.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would love JJP to do this - but I think they have a few pins already planned over the next couple of years

The show runners say there will only be one or two more seasons of the show tops, if that is true it would be a perfect license for JJP to pick up and then run in 2021 once the show is complete.

#157 4 years ago

WILL you be BYERSing this tomorrow ?

#158 4 years ago

Is there a rumor Stranger Things is the stern pin being released tomorrow? I thought tomorrow’s game was a new home edition Supreme/Spider-Man style...so I sure hope it’s not Stranger Things.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is there a rumor Stranger Things is the stern pin being released tomorrow? I thought tomorrow’s game was a new home edition Supreme/Spider-Man style...so I sure hope it’s not Stranger Things.

Jurassic world seems to be the rumor for the next full fledged game. Stranger things is just a hopeful guess but I would be as excited as as anyone for that one.

#160 4 years ago

Could it be more than just SWHE in 30min..... ?

#161 4 years ago

We absolutely need a Stranger Things pinball machine! I just finished season 3 and wow, that was the best season yet in my opinion. After 3 seasons I think there's more than enough content to make an incredible pinball machine. Put ZombiYeti on the art, Lyman on code and a Stranger Things pinball machine would print money.

Having licensed content would be key for the game (with actor audio / video) to be done correctly as would a deep ruleset. Stranger Things is essentially a big D&D campaign. The pinball machine would need to feel like a journey based pin (LOTR, Star Wars, Hobbit, etc) with wizard modes for each of the seasons bosses. Just a ton of cool possibilities.

The creator of the show recently said that season 4 may be the last season (sounds like 5 at most). It would be great for season 4 content to appear in the pinball machine. Too many pinball machines based off TV shows feel incomplete in my opinion (GOT and TWD) as they don't feature assets from all seasons. Season 4 will likely be coming out late next year so a Christmas 2020 release date for the pin may be possible.

#162 4 years ago

I thought some of you might find this interesting, this is an update from the creator of the Stranger Things visual pinball table. This was from a post on FB back in December 2018.

For this that haven't seen the table check

Hey all update on Stranger Things, I've decided after much work that I'm not going to continue the project to make a physical cabinet. American Pinball and Roger Sharpe were on board, but the monetary risk involved for me & my family, the large amount of knowledge i didn't have and would need to acquire and the difficulty of bringing a top end license to market on my first game were just a bit much for me to bite off. On top of that it turned from a hobby (fun) to a job (not fun). Anyways this means a few things.

1. We can get my tables back online for download. I might make some changes cause the light show on STSE was sucky IMO. Demogorgon comes out and the tables lights don't even go nuts... big miss. SO I'll get to work on this.

2. I started this whole thing with the goal to create a game that i felt could stand toe to toe with arcade machines and rulesets - i'm calling that accomplished.

3. I still want to one day walk into a barcade and see kids hammering away on a game I helped make - So i'm just going to try to find a more homebrew way to get into the pin world - the Scott Danesi route.

4. thanks everyone for all the encouragement along the way, i'll keep making things, but just closing the book on the bringing STSE to market chapter.

#163 4 years ago

just finished season 3. was thinking if they could make the ball levitate in the air with magnets pushing and pulling against the ball. thoughts?

MJR

#164 4 years ago

Man time flies!

0C0AE9AB-FF92-46B8-B532-BE5997991512 (resized).jpeg0C0AE9AB-FF92-46B8-B532-BE5997991512 (resized).jpeg
#165 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Man time flies![quoted image]

#166 4 years ago

Having thoughts about how this table could be done. It would need to have two full size playfields, one for the underworld with reverse pitch and mirrors and one for Hawkins City. Both with full size flippers and full size balls. A large plexi window in center will have shutters that open to reveal the underside. Lots of magnets throwing the balls randomly, with random based modes to defeat the demogorgan and close the portal. I am sure Netflix would be great to work with in terms of full access to all footage, etc. We need a pinball manufacturer to step up to the plate on this one-it needs two levels done right.

#167 4 years ago

For the upside down I would just simulate it through lighting effects with inserts / spotlights and also changing the look of the LCD. Hit a shot to enter the upside down and the entire look of the playfield and LCD changes. Would be pretty cool!

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Having thoughts about how this table could be done. It would need to have two full size playfields, one for the underworld with reverse pitch and mirrors and one for Hawkins City. Both with full size flippers and full size balls. A large plexi window in center will have shutters that open to reveal the underside. Lots of magnets throwing the balls randomly, with random based modes to defeat the demogorgan and close the portal. I am sure Netflix would be great to work with in terms of full access to all footage, etc. We need a pinball manufacturer to step up to the plate on this one-it needs two levels done right.

I still think a two-way mirror to the lower Playfield which lights up when you're down there , to a playfield like The Munsters .

#169 4 years ago

Hands down the best new show I've seen in the last decade.

If ever made, a Stanger Things pin would set itself apart from the pack like Bram Stokers. Just a different vibe.

The characters, the music, the many different feels to the show would all translate well to pinball. Still hoping this is in the pipeline somewhere.

#170 4 years ago

Oh, and no need for a topper.

Whoever puts it out should have an external connector for people to plug in their wall-hung christmas lights. Make it synced to the modes, so your whole room goes bonkers on you. (Or tries to talk to you ...) Hidden mode clues in the number of blinks ???

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Oh, and no need for a topper.
Whoever puts it out should have an external connector for people to plug in their wall-hung christmas lights. Make it synced to the modes, so your whole room goes bonkers on you. (Or tries to talk to you ...) Hidden mode clues in the number of blinks ???

The Christmas lights are a great idea! How cool would it be if That was the backbox? Christmas lights and an alphabet that interacted during gameplay. When the Demigorgan appears the playfield lights could go out and the Christmas lights spell RUN.

#172 4 years ago

2 ideas for upside down world.... a bit crazy, but we can dream.

Have the entire play field flip 180 degrees....... would also allow you to rock either playfield if you wanted....

Go with a windowed approach like haunted house.... but go with an LCD below it.... when game starts you can go to lower play field and play the lcd and it looks nice and happy..... then when upside.... all lights go dark (or begin to flicker in scary way) except lower playfield which Changes to upside down world..... you could get some really cool effects as it is essentially a video game.....

Other idea is that the LCD is flush to the playfield and at first is just part of overall art package. Get it to blend in. Then when upside down same as above.... graphics change, etc.....

I know LCD won’t be popular with everyone.

#173 4 years ago

Lcd screen would be a virtual pinball playfield. Allows for cool animations like zen does....

2 weeks later
#174 4 years ago
37uuwc (resized).jpg37uuwc (resized).jpg
#175 4 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

[quoted image]

IMG_20190815_233015 (resized).jpgIMG_20190815_233015 (resized).jpg
#176 4 years ago

Has anyone got the ip for stranger things

#177 4 years ago

All I'm sayin' is, this backbox is going to be a pretty strange thing...

68673064_381434052544369_6908434236823306240_n (resized).jpg68673064_381434052544369_6908434236823306240_n (resized).jpg
#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Has anyone got the ip for stranger things

Stern.

#179 4 years ago

Bring it on

1 month later
1 week later
#181 4 years ago

Might already be posted in another thread, but this is pretty cool.

D0FB0013-9E44-409D-8CF1-F86C038BE901 (resized).jpegD0FB0013-9E44-409D-8CF1-F86C038BE901 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#182 4 years ago

Just bumping the thread, seeing a little more chatter here and there about a ST pin being a real possibility and wondering if anyone in the know has heard anything new.

#183 4 years ago

I am hoping for a Stranger Things pin by Keith Elwin release summer 2020.

1 week later
#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Might already be posted in another thread, but this is pretty cool.[quoted image]

Nice side art for a mame cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-stranger-things-pin/page/4?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.