1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

76A93EA9-70F8-4CD9-BA7B-748DD5C9F9F6 (resized).jpeg
    A3FF323A-F1A4-4E77-9111-1198EA096E20 (resized).jpeg
    D9EDFF10-453F-4665-A772-C72FD042D7AE (resized).jpeg
    0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpeg
    6f712548-2a70-4af8-b974-e424dc9c242f-st2_vertical-main_pre_us (resized).jpg
    time_out_arcade (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190708-074428 (resized).png
    ST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpg
    StrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpg
    15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg
    bowie (resized).jpg
    14542433_1386717234690258_1574097378321358067_o (resized).jpg
    20264939_1719160311445947_5437684158739144279_n (resized).jpg
    40bf8ccfc355ebc805e39aef021d4385 (resized).jpg
    woot_shirt_stranger_things (resized).jpg
    f881922a784701031ce7aaf5f5b783d2--nancy-dellolio-mascara (resized).jpg

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 8 days ago

I'd even be ok if they just themed the pin after season 1 of Stranger Things. Liked all 3 seasons but the 1st is still my favorite.

#102 7 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Should it come out now or after the next and last season?
    Fantastic show

Next and last? Do you know something we don’t? I doubt that this show will end after 4 seasons. I can foresee enough plot to last a couple more at least. Season 3 is still introducing new characters, and eleven has 9 other siblings that we haven’t met yet; all of them were a part of Hawkins labs, so I think we’ll meet more of them before the show is over.

#103 7 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I doubt that this show will end after 4 seasons

It won't, but won't be much longer than that. News I've read there's only maybe 2 more seasons left for the writers, can only drag the storyline so far. Plus the kid actors will eventually be grown up, same reason you don't see any more harry potter movies.

#104 7 days ago

Season 4 at Christmas?

So at the end of season 3 the crew breaks up as some people move out of town. When will they be back for a visit?

Christmas.

I don’t know for sure, but, here’s a video of behind the scenes set tours released July 4th. Same time as season 3. In the Basement where the boys hang out it is decorated for Christmas.....we haven’t seen Christmas in the show.

#105 7 days ago

Christmas.

I don’t know for sure, but, here’s a video of behind the scenes set tours released July 4th. Same time as season 3. In the Basement where the boys hang out it is decorated for Christmas.....we haven’t seen Christmas in the show

Nope, it was for this promo last year:

#106 7 days ago

No pin yet. But us Canadians got this.

Screenshot_20190708-074428 (resized).png
    #107 7 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nope, it was for this promo last year:

Nice try. Look closer the rooms are decorated close to the same, but there are differences in the set.

Your video has two or three stocking hanging from the shelf, with a Santa Claus on the table to the right in the corner.

My video has five or six stockings on that shelf, and there’s a gingerbread house on the table that had Santa before.

#108 7 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Plus the kid actors will eventually be grown up, same reason you don't see any more harry potter movies.

There are no more Harry Potter movies because they ran out of books, and that’s even after splitting the last book into two separate movies.

There are ways you can evolve kids and storylines. Arrested development had to do so with George Michael and Maybe, and even watch a new vs Season 1 episode of Modern Family. Those kids are twice the size they used to be (thankfully Claire doesn’t age a day throughout the show, so it masks it a bit). You can evolve stories with child development and even shift the stories to new kids (Home Alone, Boy/Girl Meets World...etc).

#109 7 days ago

Stranger things is totally designed to age with the kids. Season 1 was 1983 the kids were 12 years old. Season 2 Halloween 1984. season 3 July 1984.

This story has legs for years, they’re not limited by the original book(s) like the Harry Potter series was.

#110 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have the upside down be like a lower playfield similar to Haunted house or black hole.
    The UV light with reactive paint is a good idea too.
    I also wonder if stern just snatches up licenses even if they might not make the pin. Especially now that it's more competitive. Snatch up the license when it's cheap and stock it away. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had the license.

The upside down should be a lower play field that isn't visible. Then when the ball goes to the lower play field that portion of the playfield flips over to reveal the upside down. Have no idea how you'd do that but I want it.

#111 7 days ago

Edited to please the masses.

Hurry up. Catch up. Watch the show.

#112 7 days ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

The upside down should be a lower play field that isn't visible. Then when the ball goes to the lower play field that portion of the playfield flips over to reveal the upside down. Have no idea how you'd do that but I want it.

That sounds awesome, but I think it would take away too much from what you could put on the main playfield.

#113 7 days ago

The show likes to kill off characters

Please delete this post so others aren’t spoiled.

#115 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yup. Only 2 episodes left for me, and that post just spoiled something for sure.

#116 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's the acceptable amount of time for a show that's online? Binge watching has become the norm. Everyone that I know that is a fan watched it in the first couple days.

#117 7 days ago

What's the acceptable amount of time for a show that's online? Binge watching has become the norm. Everyone that I know that is a fan watched it in the first couple days.

If this was a thread discussing the show and it’s happenings, fair game. But this is a thread titled stranger things needs to be a pin theme. I think most would be taken by surprise any spoilers mentioned here.

As a rule of thumb I never speak of spoilers anywhere unless that is the direct purpose of the thread. Better safe than sorry.

#118 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

But this is a thread titled stranger things needs to be a pin theme. I think most would be taken by surprise any spoilers mentioned here.

Fair enough. But I disagree.

Imho. If your talking about making a pin then the entire show should be considered.

Is it too soon to talk about season one? How about season two? How can we properly discuss something if most of the topic can't be mentioned.

#119 7 days ago

Fair enough. But I disagree.
    Imho. If your talking about making a pin then the entire show should be considered.
    Is it too soon to talk about season one? How about season two? How can we properly discuss something if most of the topic can't be mentioned.

It’s been a year at least for seasons one and two. Have at it.

Use a year. Just to be safe. Haha

#120 7 days ago

Not the theme I wanted to do for my first game. Though it has some appeal.

#121 7 days ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Not the theme I wanted to do for my first game. Though it has some appeal.

Explain?

#122 7 days ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

“We NEED A Stranger Things Pin!”..............No we don’t!

Well I guess NEED is a bit strong - but yes, a Stranger Things pin would be nice IMO.

It has great scores for all 3 seasons, and ample material for a pinball machine.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/stranger_things

Good vs Evil, a little splash of D&D, horror, action, the humor, and that 80s music! Lot's of possibilities to do a cool pinball machine. I think it would be a good fit for home collectors/players - and the theme would resonate well for location.

If Stern want's to wait until season 4 or 5 that's cool - but they probably have enough with the first 3 seasons to put something good together.

#124 7 days ago

Apparently there was a fake [Time out arcade] built next to the theater.. I only remember briefly seeing that atari logo when they leave the front entrance.

https://www.retailworld.org/p/the-starcourt-mall.html
    time_out_arcade (resized).png

#125 7 days ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I'm spewing I watched season 3 so quickly but couldn't help it , kept saying to the wife one more , one more , one more . Now have to wait a year to see the next season . Suppose I just go back and watch it from the start again .

You'll likely have to wait two years. That's almost how long it was between season 2 and 3. I would hope they would shorten this because the creators have said they think this is a 5 season show and I am guessing that the conclusion would be in high school.

#126 7 days ago

I just finished last night, and that was about as fast as I could manage. Not everyone can just binge 8 hours of TV the moment something drops.

I've already had to dodge spoilers in other threads where people have no consideration, just seems polite to keep any discussion of it non specific when it comes to Season 3 for a while.

#127 7 days ago

When do we get "The Adventures of Dustin & Steve" spinoff?

Let's face it, the other 3 main friends in this season were basically wallpaper.

#128 7 days ago

I am still trying to recover from the ending, after watching the scene after the credits and some videos explaining the ending I feel better.

#129 7 days ago

Some of us have jobs

#130 7 days ago

As much as I like Stranger Things and I'm binge watching season 3 now, I'd really give up some life essence for a well designed pin based off another upcoming Netflix series... The Dark Crystal. Now, wouldn't that make an awesome pin? Can you image the toy potential there?

#131 7 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some of us have jobs

It dropped on a holiday, just before a weekend.

I didn't get the 4th off in canada.

#132 7 days ago

If they do multiple seasons, I would want the season 2 artwork of the kids standing in front of the storm with the Mind-flayer in the clouds.
    It would be really cool to have the Mind-flayer hidden, and be opaque on the back, with "lightning" to flash behind it, revealing it

6f712548-2a70-4af8-b974-e424dc9c242f-st2_vertical-main_pre_us (resized).jpg
    #133 7 days ago

If you don't want to see spoilers the last place I would be is on a thread that is talking about the topic you are trying to avoid

#134 6 days ago

It dropped on a holiday, just before a weekend.
    I didn't get the 4th off in canada.

I didn't get the 4th off or the weekend lol.

#135 6 days ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

What about if it has a lower Playfield like the munsters with a mirrored or tinted surface and when the ball goes down into it , the main Playfield goes dark and the lower Playfield lights up showing the upside down world .

#136 6 days ago

I think the show will run for 4-5 more years, (I have a theory) I think it might be a little to soon to plan out a pin.

I'd like to say more, but I'll get ripped apart for spoilers

#137 6 days ago

ooh.. flickering lights too.. this was very prominant at the mall in season 3. makes it more spooky, and with LED instant on vs incadescent, i think this is a GI feature that should be implimented on a game already

Also this is awesome:

#138 5 days ago

I don't think there's any ***spoilers*** in this (no more than say a trailer for stranger things), but had to share this

#139 5 days ago

Stranger things broke Netflix streaming records. Seems most people that are through the season already.

Catch up, hurry up, watch the show.

#140 5 days ago

I thought season 3 was pretty much perfect.

#141 5 days ago

I think once we are past a week to 10 days that’s plenty of time for someone to get caught up. After that they shouldn’t expect to be able to avoid spoilers in this day in age.

#142 5 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup. Only 2 episodes left for me, and that post just spoiled something for sure.

It might make you enjoy it more, actually. I may be in the minority, but my wife and I didn't like the final episode as much as the rest of the series.

Quoted from mzhulk:

I am still trying to recover from the ending, after watching the scene after the credits and some videos explaining the ending I feel better.

Maybe I need to watch the bonus material. May help change my opinion. At least the scene after the credits left me hopeful for season 4.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

It won't, but won't be much longer than that. News I've read there's only maybe 2 more seasons left for the writers, can only drag the storyline so far. Plus the kid actors will eventually be grown up, same reason you don't see any more harry potter movies.

As long as there's an endless supply of drugs the story can continue forever.

#143 5 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think there's any ***spoilers*** in this (no more than say a trailer for stranger things), but had to share this

How cool was that someone put a lot of time and effort into that and it was well worth it . The only sad bit is I'm old enough to know the original show its from

#144 4 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I know I'm living in fantasy land, but I would love to see someone make a Stranger Things pin

Well, stranger things have happened!

#145 4 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I know I'm living in fantasy land, but I would love to see someone make a Stranger Things pin. Starting this thread to see if fans of the show can get some cool ideas together to make an awesome machine....even if it would only exist in make-believe land.
    - I'm thinking backglass original art, Eleven with sinister look on her face and characters surrounding.
    - Cabinet art in that bad ass logo.
    - Eggos on one side of head cabinet
    - Full widescreen with movie clips
    - UV Pin Stadium lighting that goes off when entering the Upside Down and the whole playfield has reactive paint that transforms the playfieldninto the dark world with flickering lights
    - Christmas lights that indicate modes completed
    - wizard mode battling the demogorgon
    - the crazy awesome music throughout the pin with the 80s songs playing during the different modes.
    Any way of finding out if a major manufacturer has bought the rights to the license yet? We are a crafty community.

[quoted image]

Ok ZMeny. Now tells us dammit! Are we getting one?

#146 2 days ago

I think it's the best tv show for a pinball machine.
    popular worldwide and for people of all ages.

#147 2 days ago

If done right it could be very good! Lots of material to work with and a broad appeal.

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think it's the best tv show for a pinball machine.
    popular worldwide and for people of all ages.

#148 2 days ago

Has everyone caught up with season 3?

#149 2 days ago

Needs W-I-L-L targets. Winona screaming her son's name on every hit.

#150 2 days ago
    Quoted from fishbone:

Needs W-I-L-L targets. Winona screaming her son's name on every hit.

So many options

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Decals
    Magical Productions
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 244.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside