0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpeg
6f712548-2a70-4af8-b974-e424dc9c242f-st2_vertical-main_pre_us (resized).jpg
time_out_arcade (resized).png
Screenshot_20190708-074428 (resized).png
ST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpg
15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg
bowie (resized).jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

He Aaron do you know anyone making a Stranger Things pin?

Missed this message, we have been moving.

I’d love to see a Stranger Things pin come together. I don’t recall anyone specifically building a Stranger Things pin, but ideas have been thrown around.

It is getting harder and harder to keep track of all the projects people are working on these days in the FAST family. While most share their themes, there are still some who keep that close to the vest.

I have been too busy to do anything about it myself. I can’t wait until the move is done and the new shop space is setup!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I must say that this season has been particularly great. I wasn't sure it was going to hold up after such a awesome 1st season but it has.
Random info alert from the KLOV video game forum. I love how everyone over there gets their panties all bunched up over the monitors being replaced by lcds. I get it but jeez.
Apparently, this guy supplied some of the games for the show
https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade/
"Check out what the Dragons Lair looked like when we pulled it from a warehouse last year (pics in comments), converted into a Shinobi, and toward completion, back to it's former glory. It was restored for the show by someone else, using an emulator to make it look like it was running original hardware. It's cabs like this that I save sometimes, in the middle of the big hauls, that I know many think I'm crazy for saving. Glad I did. "
"Actually that Arcade set is in my town and I took a visit to it right after they stopped filming. I know that Michael Brian Rich lent out some of his games and that Patrick Wall's Missile command is in there somewhere so not everything is LCDs.
The set is located on Church St in downtown Douglasville GA. PS: the history of the place is that in the '80s and the '90s it used to be a laundromat...before it was built into this set"

Very very cool!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow cool info. The show hits so many right notes of my childhood it's not even funny. The walkie/talkies, the AV club, D+D and all the time wasted in game rooms..lol. it could have a been a terrible show but it turned out to be a gem.

Yeah,I had those walkie talkies from Radio Shack when I was a kid.

#54 6 years ago

anyone else think it was completely wrong that someone could put in 6 letters in a classic arcade for high score?

#55 6 years ago

I think Spooky could do this show justice in a pinball. Realistically it would fit with a 1-200 person order. I shotgun pin #11 off the line and it better be game 11 and not switching badges with game 16

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I think Spooky could do this show justice in a pinball. Realistically it would fit with a 1-200 person order. I shotgun pin #11 off the line and it better be game 11 and not switching badges with game 16

I’d be ok with Spooky doing it.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Yep I agree! I think a low number run. And it fits them.

#58 6 years ago

Someone should retheme a Space Station. Music is already perfect. Lock balls to get to upside down world. Change multiball gi to red.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m not a fan of spooky pins at all. If Alice Cooper is a huge leap forward, then I’ll be onboard with thieir flagship pins going forward. Not for me as of now though.

TNA on the other hand, whoa baby I want that game bad.

I hope stern makes one so then I can actually afford one. Haha

#60 6 years ago

The show really got a budget boost for the 2nd season.

The actor they hired to play the young Bowie was spot on.

bowie (resized).jpgbowie (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago

Just watched season 1 and season two in about a weeks time. The wife and I absolutely love this show!! So much potential for a pin!!

#62 6 years ago

I feel that that is a theme that will feel real dated, real fast. However, the creators have said that they want to go 4 - 5 seasons, so if someone is gonna do it, they better get on it now!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Just watched season 1 and season two in about a weeks time. The wife and I absolutely love this show!! So much potential for a pin!!

I watched both seasons in 3 days.Fantastic show.

#64 6 years ago

Also binged this week.
Nancy has eye looks that pierce.
Made me think of another actress in memory.
Can you guess without an image search?

15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago

Probably the only theme that would get me to open my wallet for another nib!

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What we need is more games, with better toys, rules and layouts. With cheaper prices. Who cares what the theme is?

Most of the time, i long for the days of non-themed pins, so i agree with Neo generally.

HOWEVER, sometimes all sorts of wonderful toys/rules/features fit together in an exciting way by virtue of the theme. This one makes a lot of sense to me because of all the feature-based tie-ins.

#67 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there is any way of looking into whether this license has been purchased for coin-op manufacturing?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not a fan of spooky pins at all. If Alice Cooper is a huge leap forward, then I’ll be onboard with thieir flagship pins going forward. Not for me as of now though.
TNA on the other hand, whoa baby I want that game bad.
I hope stern makes one so then I can actually afford one. Haha

Yea, I apologize for saying it but I don't want spooky to do this pin. I'd much rather see AP or JJP. Also, not trolling you but aren't you worried that with TNA you're only playing half the field at a time? And the action is basically the same every time?

#69 6 years ago

Anyone see the Firepower in the second season? Giving pinball some recognition

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Anyone see the Firepower in the second season? Giving pinball some recognition

I did see that! That arcade setup looked cool

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Does anyone know if there is any way of looking into whether this license has been purchased for coin-op manufacturing?

Just call Netflix's licensing office and ask if you can license a pinball machine.

They are putting their logo on every piece of crap in the world.

StrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpgStrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpg

ST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpgST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also, not trolling you but aren't you worried that with TNA you're only playing half the field at a time? And the action is basically the same every time?

Nope!!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

and it better be game 11 and not switching badges with game 16

LOLOLOLOL

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I thought Greg was the one that drank a lot?

#75 6 years ago

As long as it has the 80's B-movie music I'm in.

1 year later
#76 4 years ago

Have just discovered stranger things and watched all three seasons . Love the series and it's so well done . At first I didn't think it would make a good pin , but now it makes total sense . Of course you would want all the video and sound clips and as many songs as possible . I would like to see a StarCourt Upper Playfield and you would have to have a walkie talkie , and the cars play a role you could have a few cars around the Playfield . I like the Christmas lights idea I think that would work well . You good have a machine Mech for the " key " with a laser which points into a gobble hole or a scoop for the " gate " . It would have to be mode-based with your end goal being to kill the monster . Overall I think it would be a great theme for a pin .

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have just discovered stranger things and watched all three seasons . Love the series and it's so well done . At first I didn't think it would make a good pin , but now it makes total sense . Of course you would want all the video and sound clips and as many songs as possible . I would like to see a StarCourt Upper Playfield and you would have to have a walkie talkie , and the cars play a role you could have a few cars around the Playfield . I like the Christmas lights idea I think that would work well . You good have a machine Mech for the " key " with a laser which points into a gobble hole or a scoop for the " gate " . It would have to be mode-based with your end goal being to kill the monster . Overall I think it would be a great theme for a pin .

Yeah, this has quickly shot to the top of the pinball theme hope list

#78 4 years ago

More ideas:

No lower playfield or upper playfield that is the upside down. Use the artwork and lighting instead. Also physical diverters and shots that change when you’re in the upside down.

Also have the upside down be somewhere in the game that you can be sent if you get lost or you have to find somebody. Don’t just make it a mode. And when your in the upside down make the software in the game harder. Like no tilt warnings and you only have a certain amount of time to get out or you get stuck there and your ball ends.

I’d like you to be able to choose characters at the start of each ball. So if you pick one kid ball one and get lost in the upside down mode or drain (that’s getting lost too), then that character needs helped being rescued. So ball two you pick a kid that is still available, and you have now rescue the other kids that are currently stuck in the upside down.

Or just have it take you through the seasons as a mode based game with iconic scenes as the multiballs and wizard modes.

So many ways to approach making this into an amazing pinball experience.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yeah, this has quickly shot to the top of the pinball theme hope list

I think a theme like this would really help to get the younger generation interested in Pinball .

Quoted from chuckwurt:

More ideas:
No lower playfield or upper playfield that is the upside down. Use the artwork and lighting instead.
Also have the upside down be somewhere in the game that you can be sent if you get lost or you have to find somebody. Don’t just make it a mode. And when your in the upside down make the software in the game harder. Like no tilt warnings and you only have a certain amount of time to get out or you get stuck there and your ball ends.
I’d like you to be able to choose characters at the start of each ball. So if you pick one kid ball one and get lost in the upside down mode or drain (that’s getting lost too), then that character needs helped being rescued. So ball two you pick a kid that is still available, and you have now rescue the other kids that are currently stuck in the upside down.
Or just have it take you through the seasons as a mode based game with iconic scenes as the multiballs and wizard modes.
So many ways to approach making this into an amazing pinball experience.

I really like the idea of picking your kid and if they get stuck in the upside down world you have to rescue them

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On wonka you don't choose the kid you're going for before launching the ball, you qualify the kid and then you complete that kid by hitting all the lit inserts.

All I gotta say is it better have magnets, lots of strong magnets. They get stronger as eleven develops her skills, then after a battle she gets weak and you have to wait for her to recharge.

I also think that after 3 seasons there are enough enemies to battle now.
Demogorgon
The Vines
Demo-Dogs
Mind Flayer
Spider Monster
Zombie humans/rats

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

On wonka you don't choose the kid you're going for before launching the ball, you qualify the kid and then you complete that kid by hitting all the lit inserts.
All I gotta say is it better have magnets, lots of strong magnets. They get stronger as eleven develops her skills, then after a battle she gets weak and you have to wait for her to recharge.
I also think that after 3 seasons there are enough enemies to battle now.
Demogorgon
The Vines
Demo-Dogs
Mind Flayer
Spider Monster
Zombie humans/rats

Maybe elevens Powers could be used through a Magna save

#82 4 years ago

I would be very interested in a Stranger Things pin. They have knocked it out of the park with season 3!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More ideas:
No lower playfield or upper playfield that is the upside down. Use the artwork and lighting instead...

Multimorphic P3 might be a good choice for that aspect.

#84 4 years ago

“We NEED A Stranger Things Pin!”..............No we don’t!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

“We NEED A Stranger Things Pin!”..............No we don’t!

I was this guy until I started watching it... which was around 8pm Friday night, and now I'm already a 3rd of the way complete into Season 3. This is a pin that ab-so-lute-ly should happen. So many good ideas presented in this thread already.

#86 4 years ago

I'd also add a cool idea for the roots/tubes from Season 2 could be a scoop into a subway that has little blue PF inserts along it's path with vine decals so you can see the ball moving through the underground root tubes.

Also, when in the upside down mode with the different lighting, you could have either a disco ball or ST/Prem laser effect going to represent the floating specs.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was this guy until I started watching it... which was around 8pm Friday night, and now I'm already a 3rd of the way complete into Season 3. This is a pin that ab-so-lute-ly should happen. So many good ideas presented in this thread already.

I love the show, but that doesn’t mean it would translate to a great theme for a pinball machine. Just my opinion......

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I’d rather have more of the physical aspect. Too much open space on P3.

#89 4 years ago

Should it come out now or after the next and last season?

Fantastic show

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Should it come out now or after the next and last season?
Fantastic show

I think there’s plenty to make it now, but waiting until the end would be awesome too.

#91 4 years ago

I'd be down for a Stranger Things pinball. Needs a Will switch frenzy every time you hit a switch it yells Will where's Will.

#92 4 years ago

This is a perfect pinball license in my view. Stranger Things is one of my favorite things I've ever seen on TV/film.

#93 4 years ago

I hope spooky gets this license. They’d do a good job with it

#94 4 years ago

I dont need to see a bunch of teeny kids sitting on a bed and making out. been there done that.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont need to see a bunch of teeny kids sitting on a bed and making out. been there done that.

Lmfao

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Multimorphic P3 isn't a good substitute for a mechanical pinball experience. It just isn't.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d rather have more of the physical aspect. Too much open space on P3.

I don't disagree Chuck, My comment was more about the PF being able to emulate the different 'worlds' (above ground, in the caves, etc.) of Stranger Things rather than having a lower and upper PF like Haunted House.

#98 4 years ago

These are my top want themes for PINS, of which I think have a great chance of happening:

Stranger Things
JAWS
Jurassic World
TRON (VE / Revamped version or might make an '82 version etc)

Would it make sense to strike while the iron is hot & release Stranger Things now with having 1- (likely) 2 more seasons left, or do they want to wait to see what other content they could add to the machine. I think at this point with the end of Season 3 they have PLENTY to incorporate. Jaws will celebrate it's 45th anniversary next year, Jurassic World just got a re-theme from previously Jurassic Park in Hollywood Universal Studios, with Orlando Universal Studios about to receive a Jurassic World Roller coaster in 2020/21. Also in 2021 the final installment of Jurassic World "3" comes out. Disney's currently building the Tron rollercoaster and celebrating their 50th in 2021. LOTS of great titles or at least themes to me on the horizon.

Stern's popular previous TV Themes made into pinball;

Game Of Thrones
The Sopranos
Walking Dead
The Simpsons (TSPP Pinball Party)
Family Guy

I can't see them or [insert any pinball company] not wanting to pump out a Stranger Things Pin as IMO the license is insanely HOT right now. I'm actually surprised Big Bang Theory never got made. I'm sure of it that at some point between 2019-2021 STRANGER THINGS "WILL" HAPPEN.

#99 4 years ago

Just finished season 3. God this show is so effing good.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just finished season 3. God this show is so effing good.

I'm spewing I watched season 3 so quickly but couldn't help it , kept saying to the wife one more , one more , one more . Now have to wait a year to see the next season . Suppose I just go back and watch it from the start again .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-stranger-things-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.