0132A41C-7EDC-48E1-A9E9-D306DD9B514F (resized).jpeg
6f712548-2a70-4af8-b974-e424dc9c242f-st2_vertical-main_pre_us (resized).jpg
time_out_arcade (resized).png
Screenshot_20190708-074428 (resized).png
ST_Run-Necklace_$9 (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsBoxLunch (resized).jpg
15097576724721040588791 (resized).jpg
bowie (resized).jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

I know I'm living in fantasy land, but I would love to see someone make a Stranger Things pin. Starting this thread to see if fans of the show can get some cool ideas together to make an awesome machine....even if it would only exist in make-believe land.

- I'm thinking backglass original art, Eleven with sinister look on her face and characters surrounding.
- Cabinet art in that bad ass logo.
- Eggos on one side of head cabinet
- Full widescreen with movie clips
- UV Pin Stadium lighting that goes off when entering the Upside Down and the whole playfield has reactive paint that transforms the playfieldninto the dark world with flickering lights
- Christmas lights that indicate modes completed
- wizard mode battling the demogorgon
- the crazy awesome music throughout the pin with the 80s songs playing during the different modes.

Any way of finding out if a major manufacturer has bought the rights to the license yet? We are a crafty community.

IMG_7413 (resized).JPGIMG_7413 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Have the upside down be like a lower playfield similar to Haunted house or black hole.

The UV light with reactive paint is a good idea too.

I also wonder if stern just snatches up licenses even if they might not make the pin. Especially now that it's more competitive. Snatch up the license when it's cheap and stock it away. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had the license.

#3 6 years ago

Loved it. Can't wait for S2. I can see a creepy underworld integrated.

#4 6 years ago

You know I had thought about that too.. the music is already there and it's awesome.

#5 6 years ago

Everything is primed and ready for a pin. I bet Stern has the license but damn this thing needs to be made. I'm just hoping a thread like this can inspire some good ideas for them to work off of. Time to quit phoning it in on themes we all love. I want an immerse interactive game.

#6 6 years ago

Very excited to see what they do with season 2.

Would be a great pin, imo, although probably won't ever happen unfortunately. Plenty of material even just with season 1. I started a thread about the show awhile back, but there were a few good ideas for a machine tossed about as well. For example:

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes.. in fact it seems like it would be pretty easy.
The entire backboard of the playfield is the wall with the letters painted, and each letter of the alphabet (which light up) sending you messages. Maybe a couple lamps scattered through the playfield that light up really bright. The xmas lights could be embedded into inserts, and the show movement of people in the underworld.
The underworld is an exact copy of the real world, except it's dark, and full of webbing, and those diseased green snowflakes falling. You could have a shot where you enter the underworld, the GI goes from bright white to dark green, and you're stuck there until you rescue whoever. The pro just gets GI, the premium/LE gets the snowflake effect.
Since eleven can make things happen, it could be done with magnets (like the shadow), maybe when she has her freakout and the walls crumble, that's when the shaker motor turns on to finish the effect.
The monster's heads remind me of those origami things you folded as a kid where you choose numbers and it tells you your fortune. I think there should be that mouth somewhere that's really subtle that you don't notice until the first time it opens up and screams at you.
The main theme would be the primary background song, but it could pull some of the other 80's songs (particularly the clash)
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Very excited to see what they do with season 2.
Would be a great pin, imo, although probably won't ever happen unfortunately. Plenty of material even just with season 1. I started a thread about the show awhile back, but there were a few good ideas for a machine tossed about as well. For example:

Fantastic ideas! Thanks

#8 6 years ago

I know I would be in for one probably. I wouldn’t say you are living in fantasy land by any means. This theme has potential big time I think.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Fantastic ideas! Thanks

Too complicated to build/code for modern day pinball.

#10 6 years ago

Playing app on my iPad until then.

7F2A8EC7-176E-4AE7-B391-6424C3AFAEF8 (resized).jpeg7F2A8EC7-176E-4AE7-B391-6424C3AFAEF8 (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago

What we need is more games, with better toys, rules and layouts. With cheaper prices. Who cares what the theme is?

#12 6 years ago

stranger01 (resized).jpgstranger01 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

second season isn't that far away, can't wait

#14 6 years ago

A great theme for sure maybe even some justice for barb easter eggs. Video mode is you're the dude in the upside down tied off to the wench in real world avoiding monsters. Or maybe a dungeon and dragons mini turn or dice roll.

#15 6 years ago

Amazing idea!

The ipad app needs more adventure and less arcade imo... good fun though.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What we need is more games, with better toys, rules and layouts. With cheaper prices. Who cares what the theme is?

For me theme is huge! I feel more pulled into a game if I already have a fondness for the subject matter. I can't get into games with. Bad licensed themes such as thunderbirds. No matter how great it shoots. That's just me though. The only reason I would still consider buying a stern Star Wars is the theme

#17 6 years ago

I think it would be a great theme. It looks like a few people have had similar ideas on how to execute it as I did. Making pinball rules!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#18 6 years ago

If this doesn't become a real game, I'd hope Zen Pinball would at least try to make it.

#20 6 years ago

This makes me so sad. We need a game for $THEME with $ART and $ART and $ART and $VIDEOS and $LEDZ nevermind the gameplay!

#21 6 years ago

As long as Nancy is on the backglass I'm in

f881922a784701031ce7aaf5f5b783d2--nancy-dellolio-mascara (resized).jpgf881922a784701031ce7aaf5f5b783d2--nancy-dellolio-mascara (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

this would be epic

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

For me theme is huge! I feel more pulled into a game if I already have a fondness for the subject matter. I can't get into games with. Bad licensed themes such as thunderbirds. No matter how great it shoots. That's just me though. The only reason I would still consider buying a stern Star Wars is the theme

yes, but if you buy based on theme, you will have a bunch of crappy games with great themes. Who wants that? There are tons of games that had great licenses, but horrible execution. But there are also games with horrible themes but fantastic gameplay and rules. You don't play the theme. All comes down to layout and rules. I think people newer in the hobby fall for the theme aspects. Back in the day we did too. As you play more and more over the years and play pretty much everything ever made, you tend to focus more on gameplay over all other things.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but if you buy based on theme, you will have a bunch of crappy games with great themes. Who wants that? There are tons of games that had great licenses, but horrible execution. But there are also games with horrible themes but fantastic gameplay and rules. You don't play the theme. All comes down to layout and rules. I think people newer in the hobby fall for the theme aspects. Back in the day we did too. As you play more and more over the years and play pretty much everything ever made, you tend to focus more on gameplay over all other things.

Neo, don't we deserve both if we are spending 6-9k on machines? I love game of thrones theme but don't own one because of rules and layout. Theme alone can't cut it look at BTTF, but theme on top of great machine make a classic (TWD)

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Neo, don't we deserve both if we are spending 6-9k on machines? I love game of thrones theme but don't own one because of rules and layout. Theme alone can't cut it look at BTTF, but theme on top of great machine make a classic (TWD)

you would think so, but Stern is a minimalist. Want to charge you the most and give you the least. JJP, wants to charge you a shitload, make you think you are getting a lot, and just give you something that just isnt' that fun. That's why older games are the better bang for the buck.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

second season isn't that far away, can't wait
» YouTube video

This show will test Netflix's servers when Season 2 goes live.

#27 6 years ago

Great show!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I think it would be a great theme. It looks like a few people have had similar ideas on how to execute it as I did. Making pinball rules!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

He Aaron do you know anyone making a Stranger Things pin?

#29 6 years ago

Along the same lines but IT might have more material and wider appeal world-wide.

Regardless though very much looking forward to season 2.

#30 6 years ago

Justice for Barb Multiball?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Justice for Barb Multiball?

Poor Barb....now let's get to Season 2 haha

#32 6 years ago

Stranger Things is my retheme target for my Flash playfield. I had a more toy intensive playfield planned(I was working with a friend to design a demogorgon face that "ate" a ball), but then decided that part of the appeal is the 80s retro feel to the show. So, I backtracked and decided to go with physical elements that would be found in that time period(although I will also have an LCD screen). I acquired the Flash playfield and envisioned the demogorgon's face behind the circle of lights on the playfield, and it started to come together. I'm planning on multicolored GI to make the "Upside Down."
We also toyed with using a Space Invaders PF and adding the mini PF from a Haunted House for the Upside Down.

#33 6 years ago

You know Netflix has something special here if we all are saying make the pin after one season.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You know Netflix has something special here if we all are saying make the pin after one season.

Yeah but I don't know how many seasons they will be able to squeeze out of it. It's no game of thrones. But still my second favorite show right now.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Yeah but I don't know how many seasons they will be able to squeeze out of it. It's no game of thrones. But still my second favorite show right now.

I think I read they wont go past 4 seasons

Would make an awesome pin, I'm in!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Yes, not Game of Thrones, the tv show that has moved faster than the books. However, too much to stuff in a pin with a long running series makes it hard to please the people that are into the theme. If there is enough viewers of Stranger Things supporting S2 then now is the time to jump.

#37 6 years ago

Only available for the next 2 hours:
https://shirt.woot.com/offers/stranger-clubhouse

woot_shirt_stranger_things (resized).jpgwoot_shirt_stranger_things (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Stranger Things is my retheme target for my Flash playfield. I had a more toy intensive playfield planned(I was working with a friend to design a demogorgon face that "ate" a ball), but then decided that part of the appeal is the 80s retro feel to the show. So, I backtracked and decided to go with physical elements that would be found in that time period(although I will also have an LCD screen). I acquired the Flash playfield and envisioned the demogorgon's face behind the circle of lights on the playfield, and it started to come together. I'm planning on multicolored GI to make the "Upside Down."
We also toyed with using a Space Invaders PF and adding the mini PF from a Haunted House for the Upside Down.

Man PM me some pics of love to see what you have going on

#39 6 years ago

Just installed the virtual pin (pinball X makes the install much easier now). Basically install, copy the table and DMD rom into the proper directory and start game. This thing plays phenomenally, and it's got great clips from the show in color.

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

I started watching season 2, I can't remember liking any recent movie or tv show as much as Stranger Things. I mean it's so well written, acted and directed, I can't help but gush over it. It also it doesn't hurt they put another Clash song in the second season. Dammit, I hope somebody besides Stern picksup the license. Just the opening music alone would be worth the price. Lower playfield with UV lighting, Hawkings Lab 3d sculpt with ramps running through it. with a center doors opening to reveal the Demogorgon ala TWD. Eleven controlling magnets messing with the ball in center of pf. Ahh...getting my hopes up for nothing, Stern will probably buy the license and put the SW layout on it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I started watching season 2, I can't remember liking any recent movie or tv show as much as Stranger Things. I mean it's so well written, acted and directed, I can't help but gush over it. It also it doesn't hurt they put another Clash song in the second season. Dammit, I hope somebody besides Stern picksup the license. Just the opening music alone would be worth the price. Lower playfield with UV lighting, Hawkings Lab 3d sculpt with ramps running through it. with a center doors opening to reveal the Demogorgon ala TWD. Eleven controlling magnets messing with the ball in center of pf. Ahh...getting my hopes up for nothing, Stern will probably buy the license and put the SW layout on it.

I hear ya, we are almost done watching Season 2, would make an epic pinball, I'd be in

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I hear ya, we are almost done watching Season 2, would make an epic pinball, I'd be in

We need to all email Rosh at American Pinball to have this as their second title.........

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We need to all email Rosh at American Pinball to have this as their second title.........

What he said.

#44 6 years ago

I already emailed him, I wrote that Stranger Things is a lot like AP, it was a small independent labor of love series that was picked up by Netflix and didn't garner any attention till word started to spread about it, just like AP it was dismissed in the beginning. I told him this will be a cult classic in 20 years spawning memes and retro t-shirts for years to come. If they build it, they will come.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I already emailed him, I wrote that Stranger Things is a lot like AP, it was a small independent labor of love series that was picked up by Netflix and didn't garner any attention till word started to spread about it, just like AP it was dismissed in the beginning. I told him this will be a cult classic in 20 years spawning memes and retro t-shirts for years to come. If they build it, they will come.

Isn't AP's MO to do unlicensed pins? I thought that was the direction they were looking to go.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't AP's MO to do unlicensed pins? I thought that was the direction they were looking to go.

yes unfortunately they are after unlicensed themes. I would be in for an American Pinball Stranger Things for sure.

#47 6 years ago

Initially yes, but I don't want to put on the spot but he said they were having discussions about a licensed theme down the road when the factory and staff were settled and firing on all cylinders...so to speak. They don't want to mess with rights and approvals at the beginning of their venture. I imagine it's lessons learned from Dutch and Heighway.

#48 6 years ago

I must say that this season has been particularly great. I wasn't sure it was going to hold up after such a awesome 1st season but it has.

Random info alert from the KLOV video game forum. I love how everyone over there gets their panties all bunched up over the monitors being replaced by lcds. I get it but jeez.

Apparently, this guy supplied some of the games for the show
https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade/

"Check out what the Dragons Lair looked like when we pulled it from a warehouse last year (pics in comments), converted into a Shinobi, and toward completion, back to it's former glory. It was restored for the show by someone else, using an emulator to make it look like it was running original hardware. It's cabs like this that I save sometimes, in the middle of the big hauls, that I know many think I'm crazy for saving. Glad I did. "

"Actually that Arcade set is in my town and I took a visit to it right after they stopped filming. I know that Michael Brian Rich lent out some of his games and that Patrick Wall's Missile command is in there somewhere so not everything is LCDs.
The set is located on Church St in downtown Douglasville GA. PS: the history of the place is that in the '80s and the '90s it used to be a laundromat...before it was built into this set"

40bf8ccfc355ebc805e39aef021d4385 (resized).jpg40bf8ccfc355ebc805e39aef021d4385 (resized).jpg
20264939_1719160311445947_5437684158739144279_n (resized).jpg20264939_1719160311445947_5437684158739144279_n (resized).jpg
14542433_1386717234690258_1574097378321358067_o (resized).jpg14542433_1386717234690258_1574097378321358067_o (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

Agreed. I love Stranger Things

#50 6 years ago

Wow cool info. The show hits so many right notes of my childhood it's not even funny. The walkie/talkies, the AV club, D+D and all the time wasted in game rooms..lol. it could have a been a terrible show but it turned out to be a gem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-stranger-things-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.