(Topic ID: 53754)

We need a new horror themed pin..................

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ff6b795ee57e813041c2fe6450e26576.jpg
    fe4096056bb99b3a0ee2b38b2d14eef8.jpg
    f222537b35e9e1d427a89518c98d54a0.jpg
    a3542eede9c593270fab061bcfb01ac2.jpg
    a20ac1fe7781930068052afa628c0b53.jpg
    0e48eb7a65064b416bb92da0079b9c03.jpg
    362b12b14adc33eaae524052790e09ef.jpg
    5f7065a926517cf769a306b55b210f8e.jpg
    77a871c71369f6cf9cdd24eb394de0cd.jpg
    chucky.gif
    download_(1).gif
    YFKN.jpg
    inspector-kemp.gif
    Marty.gif
    YF.jpg
    phantasm4.jpg
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 years ago

Being that some of the horror themed pins from the past are some of the best (MB, TFTC, BSD, etc, and some of the recent themes have been just plain horrible, I think it would be cool to have a new one. It's time.

Not one based on old school monsters, something more recent. I believe the Saw series would lend itself well to a pinball machine. Just think of the toys.

Here is your chance to design and dream (if you dare)..............................

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not one based on old school monsters, something more recent.

I was with you till you threw this line in there.

#3 10 years ago

Ok, any horror will do. I'm easy.

#4 10 years ago

Time Machine (Geo pal) Machine, Morlocks, Weena!

#5 10 years ago

The reason I say that is because I don't believe anything (horror related) will be as timeless as the Universal Monsters. I think a revamped MB would fare better than something like Saw. 30 years from now people will clearly know who Frankie, Drac, the Creech are etc, but Saw, maybe not so much. Especially since they've been absorbed into the Halloween culture. Don't get me wrong, I think anything horror related in pinball is good, I just believe they are on different levels. So for me, the ultimate would be a Haunted House themed pin that is hosted by Elvira and along the way you encounter all the Universal Monsters. I think I would also incorporate a small amount of the 70's and 80's guys as well. Like Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers and Pinhead.

#6 10 years ago

A Cool theme would be something that would incorporate the "slashers" in on pin

"Drive in Slashers Theatre"

Theme the game like an old drive in and at the top center you have a small lcd (think the size of a portable dvd screen) that acts as the theatre screen. Lots of cool toy options like cars, etc. All the while unlocking and playing modes based on what is going on, on screen.

#7 10 years ago

Pretty much any themed pin with Elvira would be fantastic! 1st one was great (EATPM) and the second was even better (SS)! Bring on more sexual innuendos!

#8 10 years ago

I think a fantasy/horror would lend itself beautifully to a pinball machine. Think about Pan's Labyrinth as a pin. The artwork and ingenuity of the mechanics could have infinite possibilities! I could totally see this as something Jpop would be a perfect designer for.

#9 10 years ago

Evil Dead in the comedy/horror genre would be awesome!

#10 10 years ago

I'm always hopeful for a Rob Zombie pinball or a haunted house theme. Zombies, werewolves, mummies, angry red women and kick ass music....I'll keep wishing

rob-zombie.jpgrob-zombie.jpg zombie_hellbilly_deluxe_2_promo_08.jpgzombie_hellbilly_deluxe_2_promo_08.jpg imagesCA2FCK6L.jpgimagesCA2FCK6L.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I'm going to throw the Evil Dead series out there. Those movies have a great mix of horror/humor that could translate into a nice machine. Think of all the Bruce Campbell quotes you could use...

#12 10 years ago

This series was almost too brutal for the theatre, let alone a pinball game.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#13 10 years ago

You want comedy/horror.....Shaun of the Dead

SOFD.jpgSOFD.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Best movie genre ever! Even though they will never happen I would love to see a pin of any of the following: Re-Animator, From Beyond, Street Trash (would have the coolest toys in pinball), or even Dead Heat (cops and zombies!).

images.jpgimages.jpg

#15 10 years ago

We could call it "The Mother in Law".

#16 10 years ago

Please no Rob Zombie. I don't dislike him, but I don't need a "90s horror" themed anything.

Re-animator is good but not popular enough...same for Evil Dead unless ht new Raimi movie changes that whenever it comes out.

#17 10 years ago

Haunted Mansion

#18 10 years ago

Here is a "mod"

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#19 10 years ago

Argento's Suspiria would be a sweet horror themed pin. Another one where the visuals of the film could make for some great artwork on the cabinet, playfield and backglass!

#21 10 years ago

Mmmmmm..........Weena!

#22 10 years ago

Phantasm.

Come on! It even has a flying silver ball. It makes itself!

#23 10 years ago

...and, of course, the Ultimate Pinball Machine....Forbidden Planet. Anne, Robby, Ray Guns, Spaceship, Id Monster.....my deposit is ready!
    ...and, yes, I know there is a one off somewhere....

forbiddenplanet.gifforbiddenplanet.gif

#24 10 years ago

YES! Munsters!

#25 10 years ago

Haunted Mansion

A Disney Haunted Mansion (ride not movie based) would be the shizzz. Family friendly but creepy cool potential

haunted-mansion-00.jpghaunted-mansion-00.jpg 080909_NF_FEAT_HauntedManCelfeat2.jpg080909_NF_FEAT_HauntedManCelfeat2.jpg HitchhikingGhosts.jpgHitchhikingGhosts.jpg saA3_1428.jpgsaA3_1428.jpg disney-haunted-mansion.jpgdisney-haunted-mansion.jpg haunted-mansion-event.jpghaunted-mansion-event.jpg

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Forbidden Planet.

I love Forbidden planet. It was actually on TV a few weeks ago and I caught the tail end of it.

#27 10 years ago

It has EVERYTHING a pin needs...

#28 10 years ago

I would love to see the 1960's TV Addams family as well.

#29 10 years ago

I want cthulhu!!!

...but will settle for Evil Dead or Shaun of the Dead. Or Young Frankenstein. Or, like, pretty much any of the horror themes mentioned above...

#30 10 years ago

New Munsters show tanked recently, probably wont happen.

#31 10 years ago

Walking Dead!

#32 10 years ago

Deadly Spawn !

ds_lobby_2.JPGds_lobby_2.JPG

#33 10 years ago

Monster Squad

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

So for me, the ultimate would be a Haunted House themed pin that is hosted by Elvira and along the way you encounter all the Universal Monsters.

Would be an epic theme for certain. That's one I would break the bank for.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Would be an epic theme for certain. That's one I would break the bank for.

Yeah! EATME ! Elvira And The Monster Entourage

#36 10 years ago

A Rob Zombie pin could have a lot of potential, however not enough mass appeal for one of the big boys to run I think.

I think Stern might do a zombie themed pin eventually (not Rob Zombie, just regular zombies), had a short conversation with Jody about pin themes/licenses when I was at the Stern factory a couple weeks ago.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Deadly Spawn !

Shameless promotion! I like it!

#38 10 years ago

Deadly Spawn !

Or even Spawn! Is it too late for Chucky?

spawn-clown1.jpgspawn-clown1.jpg th-2.jpegth-2.jpeg

#39 10 years ago

I've always loved the Spawn comics. Kinda wonder why they never rebooted that one.

#40 10 years ago

Agreed with the sentiment that a "timeless" horror theme is preferable. Zombies are a theme that hasn't happened, and needs to. That said, a "Walking Dead" themed game seems like a no-brainer. It's a widely popular franchise, and is based on a timeless theme. Plus Zombies are hot right now. Right in Stern's ballpark, in my opinion. Zombie games on location would definitely rake in some cash.

#41 10 years ago

I'd go with "Zombieland" over "Walking Dead".

#42 10 years ago

I'd buy a walking dead, that would be a great theme....

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Plus Zombies are hot right now.

By the time they get a pin out, Zombies may be old hat...
    ...er, sort of like that expression...

#44 10 years ago

Walking Dead, Monster Squad, slashers... all awesome!

The haunted mansion idea was brilliant.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

New Munsters show tanked recently, probably wont happen.

Just like The Addams Family, there is no replacing the originals.

#47 10 years ago

Killer Klown Kannibles!
    "Something tastes funny!"

#48 10 years ago

How about Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, Pinball Zombies From Beyond The Grave, or Ghost Squad (forget what it is now called). There are three horror/haunted/comedy releases coming sooooon.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from treibj:

Street Trash (would have the coolest toys in pinball),

Holy crap, Street Trash. That takes me back. Pretty sure they would only sell two units though (one to you and one to me)

I vote Dead Alive (aka Braindead). Hilarious callouts, and lawnmower multiball!

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-new-horror-themed-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.