Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in a JW Pin”

• Yes 30 votes
      48%
    • No 20 votes
      32%
    • Depends on who makes it 13 votes
      21%

(63 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55125 (resized).jpeg
    rmgb2 (resized).jpg
    20230612_193116 (resized).jpg
    #1 10 months ago

No spoilers or excessive movie talk from me ( just finished watching 4)....BUT....good grief, so much content, such a one of a kind character. Any rumors of anything? Think I saw some Matrix speculating as I recall...

John Wick !! Anyone??

#2 10 months ago

As I recall, the original idea for Spooky's Halloween/Ultraman design was for John Wick but they didn't get (or pursue?) the license.

#3 10 months ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

As I recall, the original idea for Spooky's Halloween/Ultraman design was for John Wick but they didn't get (or pursue?) the license.

Dodged a bullet there.

#4 10 months ago

I'd be good with either Stern or JJP honestly on this one..

( slight edge to JJP for the amazing locations/ fight scenes = big video, but Stern for a brutal/ fast paced version)

#5 10 months ago

Love the dance club scene in wick 4

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Love the dance club scene in wick 4

Yes!! So many classic one liners, so many epic battles. Just such an opportunity....

#7 10 months ago

It would be cool to have a pistol grip auto launcher instead of a standard shooter rod on this title.

#8 10 months ago

Franchise eclipsed $1billion already, No way this wouldn't be a massive hit in the right hands...maybe we dont have to wait in Godfather or Bond years for this to be pursued

#9 10 months ago

My vote would be that Dutch make it. Bring that TBL level of theme integration to Wick!

#10 10 months ago

Dream theme would be an instant buy for me.

#11 10 months ago

YES PLEASE!!!!
    Personally I'd vastly prefer that Stern get their hands on this, rather than anyone else. JJP are improving in leaps and bounds, but, just fricking but, all of their games have shots in them that their flippers struggle with. Yes. I'm one of those people. Give me the " Stern snap" any day over JJP's inconsistent and underpowered flippers.
    And, wouldn't it be more consistent with the theme if the game played faster and just kept coming at you? In fact, give this to K Elwin. It'd have serious flow and shots with his fingerprints on it.
    Then. As an Australian. NO RUBY ROSE IN THE GAME. Just one of our worst exports ever. Wooden, no charisma, ink poisoned, nothing to say, feckless, forgetable waste of time. On behalf of Australia, I'm sorry world. It's just that we were so happy to be rid of her.

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Dream theme would be an instant buy for me.

Ditto

#13 10 months ago

Heck yes we do! I just watched the last installment this weekend and it was typically fabulous. Trying to get the wife to buy me the 9mm Pit Viper he uses for my Birthday in 2024. It's only the price of a Stern Pro roughly. If you live in CA you are SOL.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-jw4-pit-viper/

#14 10 months ago

Sorry, movies need to be 40 years old before they can be a pin.

#15 10 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Probably right, dammit...

#16 10 months ago

I generally like this franchise, but I thought part 4 was pretty silly with all of the bullet proof suits and extended fight sequences with cheesy digital muzzle flare. If they cut it down by 45 minutes or so, it would have been much, much better.

#17 10 months ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Heck yes we do! I just watched the last installment this weekend and it was typically fabulous. Trying to get the wife to buy me the 9mm Pit Viper he uses for my Birthday in 2024. It's only the price of a Stern Pro roughly. If you live in CA you are SOL.
    https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-jw4-pit-viper/

Having lived in California and owned guns, I can say their gun laws are absolutely retarded and many of them are eventually struck down by the courts, only to be reintroduced in some other form and start the legal battle all over again. California has this "get away with it as long as we can" approach to gun laws that should be addressed.

#18 10 months ago
    Quoted from seenev:

If they cut it down by 45 minutes or so, it would have been much, much better.

We know all of these movies are pure fiction and for entertainment only. Actually watched it over 2 nights just to make sure I could enjoy it due to the length.

Exactly how I'll watch it the second time....lots to unpack. Actually think it did the franchise properly.

Hope I'm alive to see it made....probably exponential fan base that has been a part of this franchise hoping the same.

#19 10 months ago

Not a fan of the movie, but would be a cool pinball. This wish thread is seriously lacking pictures. Take Crujo's BTTF thread for how to do this.

#20 10 months ago

Star trek 2009 wasn't 40 years old.
    I don't see Stern doing John Wick... too adult for them with excessive violence.
    They seem to like more family friendly titles unless it's Playboy.

I hope JJP dies in a fire. No way I'd ever give them money with their customer service attitude while raping the little guy with excessive and unreasonable prices.

#21 10 months ago
    Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

Then. As an Australian. NO RUBY ROSE IN THE GAME. Just one of our worst exports ever. Wooden, no charisma, ink poisoned, nothing to say, feckless, forgetable waste of time. On behalf of Australia, I'm sorry world. It's just that we were so happy to be rid of her.

I totally agree with you on her, but what makes you think we want her? We kicked her off Batwoman(which was horrific from the start regardless of who the main actress was).

As for the Wick pin, JJP's Godfather plays really well. Perhaps that would've made a great JW pin?

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I generally like this franchise, but I thought part 4 was pretty silly with all of the bullet proof suits and extended fight sequences with cheesy digital muzzle flare. If they cut it down by 45 minutes or so, it would have been much, much better.

Agreed, it needed to be trimmed down.

2 weeks later
    #23 10 months ago

This guy agrees

20230612_193116 (resized).jpg20230612_193116 (resized).jpg
    #24 10 months ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

This guy agrees
    [quoted image]

Props to him!!! Bump for Dutch doing this...please

#25 10 months ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

This guy agrees
    [quoted image]

How can you be sure he's not just a guy named Jon who owns a candle company?

#26 10 months ago

Probably related to a guy first name Yankee last name candle

#27 10 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Yes, please make Sound of Music and Lawrence of Arabia first!

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, please make Sound of Music and Lawrence of Arabia first!

Even the thought of those 2 titles makes me question if I'd ever play again, lol.

Ugh!!

#29 10 months ago

Who shot the dog?

rmgb2 (resized).jpgrmgb2 (resized).jpg
    #30 10 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

How can you be sure he's not just a guy named Jon who owns a candle company?

With a brother named bailey

#31 10 months ago

Great topic. So many things have become politicized and I sincerely appreciate that I have no idea what any pinball CEO's political stances are. But I certainly have to "assume" their choices involve a certain amount of political environment "court of public opinion" consideration if you will.
    John Wick is violent, nobody can argue this. 4 movies, my god the amount of code - 5 miles deep ruleset. But how do "beat" a game when you die in the end? lol. And what about the physical layout? Do they make New York City featuring the Continental and the software map so choose other places in the world featured in the movie? Maybe this movie would be too complicated to translate into a sensible pinball format ... /shrug

(I LOVE John Wick btw). Keanu Reeves is a martial arts and firearms bad ass in real life. John Wick/Keanu inspired me to learn how to shoot my handgun without even using my sites (and be accurate doing so).

#32 10 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Great topic. So many things have become politicized and I sincerely appreciate that I have no idea what any pinball CEO's political stances are. But I certainly have to "assume" their choices involve a certain amount of political environment "court of public opinion" consideration if you will.
    John Wick is violent, nobody can argue this. 4 movies, my god the amount of code - 5 miles deep ruleset. But how do "beat" a game when you die in the end? lol. And what about the physical layout? Do they make New York City featuring the Continental and the software map so choose other places in the world featured in the movie? Maybe this movie would be too complicated to translate into a sensible pinball format ... /shrug
    (I LOVE John Wick btw). Keanu Reeves is a martial arts and firearms bad ass in real life. John Wick/Keanu inspired me to learn how to shoot my handgun without even using my sites (and be accurate doing so).

I'll hope most pinball companies are driven by ability to make a profit. No doubt a violent movie, but certainly characters/ locations/ and sub plots galore. Didn't stop TWD.....

Even Godfather(s), Soprano(s), etc. die (not sure about Bond, lol), but at least this would connect with a current and past fanbase. Seems to maintain relevance, these type of billion dollar franchises are just the ticket. Layout. rules, toys? Leave that to the masters.....this theme sells big, period (imho)....

Another superhero pin (characters eeem to be spun up daily) and I will projectile vomit......BRING ON WICK, DUTCH PINBALL!!!!!!

#33 10 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Who shot the dog?[quoted image]

55125 (resized).jpeg55125 (resized).jpeg
    #34 10 months ago

The rumor is Spooky Pinball's Halloween was originally John Wick.

#35 10 months ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

The rumor is Spooky Pinball's Halloween was originally John Wick.

Not a knock on Spooky, but can we imagine Dutch Pinball taking this on....I give them props for sticking with an absolute cult classic, nearly tanking, and now refining the original pin WHILE attempting ( all be it slow) to truly take care of the EA's....the game has turned out amazing...

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Here's how pinball licensing works.

The fans and customers want all the assets, in this case that means assets from all 4 films. If you are JJP you license all of the films, and something gets botched with the license deal such as no actor video and audio assets but anything else not featuring film actors is fine (hello Pirates). If you are Stern you get all the assets from just one of the films and hire the Walking Dead pinball voice actor to do the callouts.

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not a knock on Spooky, but can we imagine Dutch Pinball taking this on....I give them props for sticking with an absolute cult classic, nearly tanking, and now refining the original pin WHILE attempting ( all be it slow) to truly take care of the EA's....the game has turned out amazing...

Dutch is cool if you want 300 John Wick pins over a 2 year span.

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's how pinball licensing works.
    The fans and customers want all the assets, in this case that means assets from all 4 films. If you are JJP you license all of the films, and something gets botched with the license deal such as no actor video and audio assets but anything else not featuring film actors is fine (hello Pirates). If you are Stern you get all the assets from just one of the films and hire the Walking Dead pinball voice actor to do the callouts.

Hence Dutch....granted 4 films, however, possibly a cliffnote approach with modes, etc. based around iconic quotes from each? Idk....so many great 1 liners, tied into certain parts of the series (?)

#39 10 months ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

Dutch is cool if you want 300 John Wick pins over a 2 year span.

There is that.....

Think they would do the theme great however...

#40 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you are Stern you get all the assets from just one of the films and hire the Walking Dead pinball voice actor to do the callouts.

You do realize that this is exactly what JJP did with TS4, right? They even hired a couple of the original voice actors from the movie to do the call outs and Tom Hanks' brother to do his since their voices are so similar.

Of course, I personally believe that JJP actually wanted to do a Toy Story pin that covered all the films, but Disney wouldn't allow it and forced them to do just TS4 since it was the newest film. Completely my opinion, I have no proof of this, but it does fit with the whole Disney "overlord" type of company they like to be.

1 month later
    #41 8 months ago

Dug this back up....saw something on FB that Stern bought the rights to John Wick? Is there a thread on here about it, or just FB junk....

#42 8 months ago

I first heard the rumor from here. Might come out sometime 2024?
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-palooza-continues-brand-new-license-for-stern-pinball

#43 8 months ago

Hope it happens!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-john-wick-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.