Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    download.jpg
    images.jpg
    IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    SYFSticker.jpg
    index.jpg
    grateful_dead_111.jpg
    terrapin.jpg
    4387424990_8f94f41fc8_b.jpg
    41+dhj1RxnL.jpg
    untitled.png
    315ux-VOHnL.jpg
    salle2.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

350,000 tickets Requested just for Mail Order. This is before ticketmaster even goes on sale.

On July 3-5 the four core surviving members of the Grateful Dead—Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir—will reunite for their final shows together, performing two sets a night at Chicago’s Soldier Field. The four musicians will be joined at by Trey Anastasio (guitar), Jeff Chimenti (keyboards) and Bruce Hornsby (piano) at “Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Years of Grateful Dead.” Traditional Grateful Dead Ticketing mail order began on January 20 and due to the massive public response, ticketing plans have changed slightly to allow the folks at GDTS TOO to process over 60,000 envelopes which have arrived (requesting an estimated 350,000+ tickets for the three nights). As a result there will be no additional pre-sales and the new public on-sale has been moved from February 14 to February 28th at 10 a.m. CST via Ticketmaster. Additional details about the event can be found at Dead50.net.

#2 9 years ago

Hell yeah!

#3 9 years ago

jokingly(?).. I cant imagine a pinball machine that starts as a song then devolves into an endless space jam session. police blocking all the exits, Bill Graham turning the sprinklers on all the campers outside the stadium as soon as the concert starts, flowers skulls and patchouli sweat.. EEEK!!

I do like quite a few of their songs, even remember their house on Haight street and all the free concerts in the Panhandle, just cant imagine a Grateful Dead pinball machine. I liked Wes Wilson's flyers and posters on all the telephone poles allover the city too, but dont get how it'd relate.

#4 9 years ago

Call it Terra-Pin

#5 9 years ago

Finally a pin title that will sell less than Wrestle Mania.

#6 9 years ago

Unsure if it would sell well but I already got a matching gameroom...

salle2.jpgsalle2.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

I am in! sign me up now. Finally a GOOD music pin and honestly set up perfectly for great art and great pinball storyline. Goals of touring from city to city/ show to show. All sorts of fun mini modes like finding good schwill 3 for 5, heady grill cheese, or the best ganja goo balls.

Drumz multiball would be epic. Lots of great and classic tunes.
    Maybe a collection of albums as goals to get in the game.

#8 9 years ago

I'm in!

#9 9 years ago

The head would have to be VW bus shaped

Only thing I think bad about idea is within an hour of un boxing you would have folks setting up camp in your front yard

Seen them four or five times let the good times roll!

#10 9 years ago

Brother be kind, it's my birthday. Give me your Jerry LE.
    Trade ya for a veggie burrito and a kind grilled cheese.
    315ux-VOHnL.jpg315ux-VOHnL.jpg
    Plus I'll let ya have 5 balloons from my tank, this used sticker and 8 or 9 killer boots.

#11 9 years ago

Great idea, but I'm in only if Bill Walton does some of the callouts.

#12 9 years ago

Tough to sell a $5k pinball to a bunch of penniless hippies!

J/K, Grateful Dead would probably be a really cool theme. Especially if you played up the concert theme, like CFTBL you are going to the drive-in theatre, this one you could be going to a grateful dead concert... and shenanigans ensue. Talk Trudeau into it!

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Tough to sell a $5k pinball to a bunch of penniless hippies!

Some of the most loaded guys I know are old deadheads that are legit.

#14 9 years ago

500 bootleg sets of side art. "Buckeye Lake October 10th 1983 man!"

#15 9 years ago

GARTH: Ok weve have some word that there is some bad red rope licorice circulating in the crowd. Please stay away from the red rope licorice...do not bite any off or chew it...it could cause a potential emergency...

#16 9 years ago

OK, I'm totally on the bus with this...

I like the drums multiball, but it has to work into "holy shit it just kicked in" full on space.
    Imagine a playfield that is normally level, but made out of flexable material and during space it warps in constant motion looking like orbiter 1 or worse, with the lights going crazy, then blinding for an instant followed by blackout leaving freaky images burned into your retinas. The only escape from space is to hit the spanish lady and rose targets to activate The other one mode, which of course levels the playfield
    Oh, and any tilt warning callouts must be classic Donna yowl/wails.

#17 9 years ago

Grateful Dead? Only if the main mission of the game is to kill hippies and then the band. I think a Slayer pin is the obvious first choice for the next band based pinball.

untitled.pnguntitled.png
    #18 9 years ago

that would save me from buying another pin. sure make one

#19 9 years ago

I want it to have a safecracker feature, but instead of a special token it shoots out a free tab if you make it to GD50 show wizard mode and beat it.

#20 9 years ago

also needs to have the classic "WOOOOOOO" guy callouts when you start multiball.

#21 9 years ago

hopefully it comes with free ear muffs

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinsideTroll:

hopefully it comes with free ear muffs

ok, we get it... you don't like the band.

kindly go bugger off while those of us that do have some fun dreaming up a game that will never get made.

#23 9 years ago

This would be my dream game.....all I can say. The light show would have to be fantastic.

#24 9 years ago

I'm thinking the challenge of the game would be to try to be a good groupie, yeah?
    The band keeps moving on, and you try to see as many shows as possible.
    You're scrambling for tickets, "rations", and a place to crash over and over...
    -mof

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from kingfishtr:

This would be my dream game.....all I can say. The light show would have to be fantastic.

yeah, as in ZERO LEDs.
    Thank you.
    -mof

#26 9 years ago

Some things that it probably SHOULD contain....

41+dhj1RxnL.jpg41+dhj1RxnL.jpg 4387424990_8f94f41fc8_b.jpg4387424990_8f94f41fc8_b.jpg terrapin.jpgterrapin.jpg grateful_dead_111.jpggrateful_dead_111.jpg index.jpgindex.jpg SYFSticker.jpgSYFSticker.jpg
    #27 9 years ago

I always say that I'll never buy another NIB pin.... Unless it's the Dead. Then I'm in for the LE.

...sadly, it'll never happen, though.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

The band keeps moving on, and you try to see as many shows as possible.
    You're scrambling for tickets, "rations", and a place to crash over and over...

Trying to vend enough crap in the parking lot for gas $ to the next show, picking up that crazy hitcher (you know the one)
    Microbus broke down in bumfuck and show starts in an hour hurry up mode.
    Miracle ticket unlimited millions
    Spinner chick spinners
    mushroom pop bumpers
    Flying tortilla and marshmallow video mode
    Cassidy skill shot
    Parking lot ground score random award
    Dose bonus multiplier (anything over a 10 strip activates Dark Star wizard mode)
    Game over music - He's gone

Quoted from Whysnow:

also needs to have the classic "WOOOOOOO" guy callouts

That dude made it to every show I ever saw, plus managed to stand annoyingly close to the mic on all my boots as well. Was that you Snow?

#29 9 years ago

nope, I shut up and listen at shows.

#30 9 years ago

Yes, and yes again.

#31 9 years ago

Would

IMG_1050.JPGIMG_1050.JPG IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPGIMG_0269.JPG
    #32 9 years ago

Boney finger ramps and flippers.
    Drums into blackout feature space
    killer light show
    One big stage with ramps going thru to backstage pass area
    Lower playfield vendor targets.
    Dancing Bears

images.jpgimages.jpg download.jpgdownload.jpg images (1).jpgimages (1).jpg download (1).jpgdownload (1).jpg
    #33 9 years ago

Phil would need to personally design the subwoofer and amp system.

#34 9 years ago

I saw an interview with Bob W and he said one of the bands favorite places to play had pinball machines,and pinball in the intro cartoon from the 1977 movie:

3 years later
    #35 5 years ago

Great set 2:16:00 and on...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-grateful-dead-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.