11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by s1500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-37.jpg

#1 11 years ago

A quick google image search for "dieselpunk" has proven there are MANY skilled artists out there who can do the retro.

I don't mean an EM machine from 1920-1950. I mean a modern game with dieselpunk style & flavor. Instead of regular looking speakers, have plastic off-white "vents" like on an old fashioned radio. Do away with the bright white & exposed wood, but moreso The World's Fair.

Make it look riveted together. Put vents where you don't need them. Think of the game "Bioshock". Big band music. Morse code. No start button, but a start "dial". Heck, throw in a Nixie tube somewhere.

The missions? Hmm, dunno. Beat the Baron. Assemble your diesel engine with 2 (locked) balls that go up & down in some enginey contraption. Drawings of babes like on the side of WW2 bombers for fun.

Ahh if I only had any art talent, time & money.

#2 11 years ago

I like your idea.

I guess that's why I always liked Genesis with its art deco mechanical look.

image-37.jpgimage-37.jpg

#3 11 years ago

It's funny you mention Bioshock...

http://poormanspinball.blogspot.com/

#4 11 years ago

Wow, that is quite impressive!

Chris

#5 11 years ago

Interesting to see how the Bioshock pinball will turn out, but yes, very much like that. I guess a similar style would be The Shadow. It has a nice 1930s flair to it.

Further idea: Have an LCD screen in the middle with 2 big plastic grille speakers so make it look like an old-fashioned TV. Backbox art goes above that.

Get an extra ball? Show an animation of the Universal movie intro, but say "extra ball" orbiting the equator instead. Announcer audio will have a record crackle sound in the background.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-dieselpunk-themed-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.