Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180906-141507_1536261359332 (resized).png
    br 1 (resized).jpg
    br 2 (resized).jpg
    EAD5993D-900B-403C-B7AB-BEB030910BB4 (resized).jpeg
    95EF01C1-8590-47DA-93C7-3B81C57414F4 (resized).jpeg
    purty mouth (resized).png
    20K2l (resized).jpg
    Captain_Chaos (resized).jpg
    DSCN0004 (resized).jpg
    cannonball.jpg
    pinterest-burt-reynolds-gunsmoke (resized).jpg
    MV5BMTY5MDQwNjk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTYzNDc5NzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Poster copy (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    dotd204_burt (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Sorry to hear! RIP
    Burt-Reynolds-dies-1 (resized).jpgBurt-Reynolds-dies-1 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

The Bandit will be missed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 5 years ago

RIP bandit...

#5 5 years ago

Damn he will be missed, great actor RIP.

#6 5 years ago

Godspeed Bandit!

#7 5 years ago

A smokey and the bandit machine would be awesome!

#9 5 years ago

Eastbound and down.

RIP Burt.

#12 5 years ago

Longest Yard.

LTG : (

#14 5 years ago

"Machines are going to fail. Then the system is going to fail.

Then survival. Who has the ability to survive, that's the game."
    dotd204_burt (resized).jpgdotd204_burt (resized).jpg

#15 5 years ago

An icon for sure. So many great roles. Watched his recent one “The Last Movie Star”. Quite enjoyable, almost portraying himself too.

#16 5 years ago

A life well spent. Thank you for your films

#17 5 years ago

Gunsmoke
    Evening Shade

#19 5 years ago

I'm feeling old as it seems like just yesterday that 'ol Burt was in his heyday. RIP Mr. Reynolds.

On a side note: no Burt and Ted photo?!

#21 5 years ago
    Poster copy (resized).jpgPoster copy (resized).jpg
    #22 5 years ago
    MV5BMTY5MDQwNjk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTYzNDc5NzE@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTY5MDQwNjk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTYzNDc5NzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #23 5 years ago

Great to get that in. All those other movies are great, no doubt about it. But Deliverance stands out, it is an epic for all times, and BR was bad ass to the bone. This really showed how good he could be as an actor IMO.

#24 5 years ago

RIP Quint.

pinterest-burt-reynolds-gunsmoke (resized).jpgpinterest-burt-reynolds-gunsmoke (resized).jpg
    #25 5 years ago

Loss of an American icon sad day.

#26 5 years ago

RIP- Reports say he died of cardiac arrest so probably went quick.

#27 5 years ago

RIP - Sad day

#28 5 years ago

I havent seen this since I was 12, 1972.

If you have a pin from this year, some of us were absorbed in this, worth a watch.

Seems like yesterday....RIP.

#29 5 years ago

I was on a film set with him in the late 80s. Between takes he was cracking jokes almost non stop. Basically he represented the macho 70's generation for over a decade. Will be missed.

#30 5 years ago

This makes me sad. We saw him last year at a SteelCity convention. He was hunched over a little with a cane and had a pillow to lean on when signing autographs. He was super nice and sang to my wife when meeting her.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

On a side note: no Burt and Ted photo?!

I'm so sorryI'm so sorry

#32 5 years ago

RIP Burt Reynolds!

#33 5 years ago

The Last Movie Star is an awesome movie. It's a comedy, but with a drama backdrop focused on Burt Reynolds life.

Anyone wanting to reminisce about Burt Reynolds life, it's a great movie to watch.

#34 5 years ago

I owned not one but 2 Special Edition Trans Ams over the years, exactly like the ones in Smokey and the Bandit, black on black, t tops, bird on the hood. I remember my 13 year old jaw dropping when he pulled that thing out of the trailer in the movie the first time.

He'll be missed.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

[Burt & Ted pic]

I never realized until now how much Ted looks like Dom Deluise.

Captain_Chaos (resized).jpgCaptain_Chaos (resized).jpg

#36 5 years ago

R.I.P. Bert.

What amazes me are the roles he past on;
    Pretty Woman, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Star Wars are only a few on the list.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you have a pin from this year, some of us were absorbed in this, worth a watch.

Shit ... I'm as old as "OLDPINGUY"!

Now I truly feel old.

#38 5 years ago

Blackjacker, that's pretty funny!
    I only met Burt once when a stunt man friend of mine introduced me to him on set. I also did stunts and wanted to do one for him. My buddy couldn't make it happen in the 20 minutes we had. At that time, my hair was like his, I had the stash and we were built almost exactly the same. I was hoping to see him at Chiller Con as we had him booked. He hurt his back and said he do the next show. Sadly we will never get to see him in person....but we still have those great films. And, yes, I bought the Trans Am right after the movie!

DSCN0004 (resized).jpgDSCN0004 (resized).jpg
    #39 5 years ago

One less man who wasn't scared to rock the mustache. RIP. Mustache rides for all the ladies in heaven tonight!

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

RIP Quint.[quoted image]

I can't believe how much he looked like Brando when he was young.

#41 5 years ago

If he gave up Sally Field to play the field that's sad. His best movie was The Longest Yard IMHO.

#42 5 years ago

Rip burt fav movie and shot. Shots tonight.

#43 5 years ago

No more celebrity jeopardy??

RIP you some bitch!!

#44 5 years ago

dup "Turd Furguson" pic

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That’s a crime! Get that movie and watch it some more! I’ve watched it more times than I can count. It stands up very well after all those years. You can watch it just for BR, he is that good. But it’s not just Burt, all the actors are great and the entire movie is just classic from start to end. In fact they should make all the current day directors watch it, maybe they’ll learn something. Nowadays they spend $100 million for dumb garbage that is barely watchable, let alone able to deliver tension the way that movie does. And as an aside, the book is even better, it is intense as hell.

So all you BR fans, get out a copy of Deliverance, do your dueling banjo dance, admire Burt in that cool as hell wet suit vest (yes it’s ok for men and women alike to have a crush on BR), squeal like a pig should, and work your way to Aintry. Don’t forget, as far as what happened in those rapids, you don’t remember nothing. Nothing.

#46 5 years ago

Do believe I'll have me some Coors in his honor tonight.

#47 5 years ago

Sure will miss; Gator McKlusky from White lightning and Gator.
    RIP

#48 5 years ago

Just watched "The Last Movie Star" earlier this year. They used clips from Smokey & The Bandit. The character he was playing was kind of himself and kind of wonder how true to his actual feelings about his career / fame it all was. Definitely looked like he was getting up there in age. Surprised to see he did a few other movies after that. I'd imagine it's hard for some actors to not keep playing roles even if they know they've only got a few years left due to health since it's all they know.

#49 5 years ago

RIP Burt. Thanks for all the great characters over the years.

#50 5 years ago

Man, I grew up on Smokey and the bandit.....r.i.p. my friend....

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-lost-burt-reynolds-?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.