Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Crispin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-4 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I only learnt today that we lost a well respected Aussie Pinballer a few days ago - forum member to Aussie Pinball & Pinside - "Retropin" in which Gavin lost his battle too early in his life to cancer.

I have known him mostly through Aussie Pinball as well as Pinside for 10 years. We sent pm's here and there with many interesting and entertaining thoughts and stories. I was also lucky to meet him at the first Aussie Pinfest about 6 years ago and I was lucky enough to score a beautiful hand crafted neon sign off him - I didn't know him real well but he provided us pinballers with many knowledgeable tips, information and passionate posts and it is sad to lose a fellow pinhead.

screen-capture-4 (resized).pngscreen-capture-4 (resized).png

He held the Gottlieb license here in Aus for about 10 years in which he developed alot of the now common skills in creating and supplying many cabinet stencil kits over many years.

He was very skilled in the art of glass blowing and made many cool neon signs commercially and to pinheads. He was very helpful, very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

Special thoughts go out to his family at this sad time for them.

We will miss you...

#10 4 years ago

thanks guys, I am sure he is feeling the good vibes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-lost-a-pinsider-retopin?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.