Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinball prices will ______ in 2023”

• go up 123 votes
      62%
    • go down 31 votes
      16%
    • stay the same 30 votes
      15%
    • Everybody is adding a dedicated pinball room 14 votes
      7%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 187 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4986 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4985 (resized).jpeg
    2c9mcyatiuo81 (resized).jpg
    homer-simpson-im-out.gif
    peak (resized).jpeg
    itsajoketakeiteasy (resized).jpg
    laugh-ketawa.gif
    Stop-Talking-GIF.gif
    2EDCDC22-AD22-4BCD-8613-0B87E7BE8702.gif
    BqXHEdc.gif
    beating-dead-horse-gif-2.gif
    beating_a_dead_horse (resized).jpg
    FiveOclock (resized).jpg
    aGKRW5ne_700w_0 (resized).jpg
    Dch2RjTWkAEXV6I (resized).jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

::Official::

New and Used Pinball Sales reached their absolute zenith today. After a steady 20% climb over the past 12 months. Prices have ballooned beyond what 95% of enthusiasts can afford to pay. There just isn’t enough money or space to justify a continuation of the status quo.

#2 2 years ago

Thanks for letting us know.

#3 2 years ago

Yawn.

#4 2 years ago

Guess you’ll be stuck with your 27 A-list games, condolences.

#5 2 years ago

"I have a keyboard and I don't like something"

#6 2 years ago

Correction: 29 A-list games. My bad!

#7 2 years ago

Couldnt you just have posted in one of the 20 other price bitch threads instead of adding another shit thread onto the pile?

Fuggin tiresome…

#9 2 years ago

I'm glad this is ::Official:: lol

Dch2RjTWkAEXV6I (resized).jpgDch2RjTWkAEXV6I (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Correction: 29 A-list games. My bad!

I clicked and counted when you posted as I saw 29 it was still a fun exercise, you were right tho-radical and alien whether the fack don't count as a-list IMO

#11 2 years ago

I thought only <1 yr noobs posted this silly topic. You’ve been here long enough to know better.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Guess you’ll be stuck with your 27 A-list games, condolences.

Too dam funny !

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I clicked and counted when you posted as I saw 29 it was still a fun exercise, you were right tho-radical and alien whether the fack don't count as a-list IMO

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. You have the best username on the internet and nobody will ever top it. That said, radical is rad and hopefully this will be last time I ever disagree with you because it makes me feel weird!

#14 2 years ago

Inflation is about to be much much worse, if there is an economy left the prices will naturally rise as the money continues devaluation. That is all that is happening the games are not appreciating in value. The Fed has lied for 18 months about inflation being 3 percent. It's obvious to anyone with a semi functioning brain that real inflation is easily 20% in some sectors and in others it is a lot more.

#15 2 years ago

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

::Official::
    New and Used Pinball Sales reached their absolute zenith today. After a steady 20% climb over the past 12 months. Prices have ballooned beyond what 95% of enthusiasts can afford to pay. There just isn’t enough money or space to justify a continuation of the status quo.

agree

#18 2 years ago

Please don’t, his silly tracker post of all the threads is as old and tiresome as pricing threads.

#19 2 years ago
    aGKRW5ne_700w_0 (resized).jpgaGKRW5ne_700w_0 (resized).jpg
    #20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Please don’t, his silly tracker post of all the threads is as old and tiresome as pricing threads.

He stopped posting it a while back (at least, I haven't seen it in the last 100 pinball prices are too damn high threads).

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He stopped posting it a while back...

Happened like last week

#22 2 years ago

Must be out to lunch.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Must be out to lunch.

nah, he eats his lunch while typing

#24 2 years ago

Let’s just rename this place Priceside

The place to go for all your pinball price discussions…as we don’t really play it anymore as we can’t afford it.

#25 2 years ago

Let's just let this one die.

#26 2 years ago

Yet you just bought a GZLE and UMCE.

Obviously you have both the money and space…and it’s a little early to be drunk, so I’m kind of scratching my head.

#27 2 years ago

95% of enthusiasts can afford to pay

Take a trip over the the "Gameroom pics" thread my friend. You will start to notice some of the 95% you speak of.

EDIT: Just noticed your sitting on 29 games yourself. What are you talking about again?

#28 2 years ago

There are allot of rich people in this hobby... so the ceiling is higher than you may think.

Your estimation that 95% cant afford these prices is wrong.

If that was the case it never would have made it this far.

Your best bet is to get rid of all the mean rich people.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

…and it’s a little early to be drunk,

FiveOclock (resized).jpgFiveOclock (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago

With the new Wifi pins coming out, this could really go high!!

#31 2 years ago

I always assumed the relatively high risk of wrist injury in pinball was primarily a result of poor playing posture, but I am beginning to think the endless Pinside hand wringing is actually a more significant hazard at this point.

#32 2 years ago

Meh , crap thread on a topic/horse so beaten it's now deader than dead.

#33 2 years ago
    beating_a_dead_horse (resized).jpgbeating_a_dead_horse (resized).jpg
    #34 2 years ago

Prices have ballooned beyond what 95% of enthusiasts can afford to pay.

You should be happy to be in the other 5%.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Let’s just rename this place Priceside
    The place to go for all your pinball price discussions…as we don’t really play it anymore as we can’t afford it.

PriceSide™ Trademark pending

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

beating-dead-horse-gif-2.gifbeating-dead-horse-gif-2.gif
    #37 2 years ago

Is this a joke? Complaining when you have 30 pins? Lmao

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Is this a joke? Complaining when you have 30 pins? Lmao

He is sitting on a BBB yelling"95%" are broke. Thats like AOC's dress TAX THE RICH!

#39 2 years ago
    2EDCDC22-AD22-4BCD-8613-0B87E7BE8702.gif2EDCDC22-AD22-4BCD-8613-0B87E7BE8702.gif
    #40 2 years ago

Financial Flipper Shamer

#41 2 years ago

Can I just start putting '::Official::' onto my posts to make them more legit and true?

#42 2 years ago
    BqXHEdc.gifBqXHEdc.gif
    #43 2 years ago

People think pinball is so hot its melting planet earth but in reality everything is gone way up. Pinball is just another item that has skyrockted. Check the prices for wood ... have you checked up 3x. Exotic cars have jumped like 35%, you can't find Dodge Challenger Hellcat for less than 20k more than retail. Home prices are somewhere near the Moon.

There is basically NOTHING that isn't sky high. The country is dealing with a lot of inflation, shortages, slowdown due to parts and labor, its basically everything.

The country could be headed for a recession then who knows what is going to happen.

Right now isn't a good time to buy pinball or a new home. The stock market is sky high, not a good time to buy in.

If you're concerned about prices just wait it out, but if you need that game in your collection then pay up!

its your choice!

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from blacklightprod:

People think pinball is so hot its melting planet earth but in reality everything is gone way up. Pinball is just another item that has skyrockted. Check the prices for wood ... have you checked up 3x. Exotic cars have jumped like 35%, you can't find Dodge Challenger Hellcat for less than 20k more than retail. Home prices are somewhere near the Moon.
    There is basically NOTHING that isn't sky high. The country is dealing with a lot of inflation, shortages, slowdown due to parts and labor, its basically everything.
    The country could be headed for a recession then who knows what is going to happen.
    Right now isn't a good time to buy pinball or a new home. The stock market is sky high, not a good time to buy in.
    If you're concerned about prices just wait it out, but if you need that game in your collection then pay up!
    its your choice!

Is this what you call inflation?

#45 2 years ago

As Bugs Bunny used to say, "Wotta Maroon!"

#46 2 years ago

I usually refrain from commenting on these types of threads but the guy even has a Godzilla LE as well.

Just stop it. Guy owns 20+ pins and even the newest one and is complaining. Ridiculous.

#47 2 years ago

New and Used Pinball Sales reached their absolute zenith today.

Stop. Just stop.

#49 2 years ago
    Stop-Talking-GIF.gifStop-Talking-GIF.gif
    #50 2 years ago
    Quoted from blacklightprod:

The country is always heading for a recession and the stock market and home prices are always going down before going up - all just a matter of your time horizon.

No question pinball prices are unusually high due to Covid supply constraints but unlike stocks or housing I wouldn’t count on a real pullback when things ease. It’s an ultra niche market so timing pricing is even more of a roll of the dice.

Financially it would be great to still have every house and pin I’ve ever owned.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-have-reached-peak-pinball?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.