Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinball prices will ______ in 2023”

• go up 123 votes
      62%
    • go down 31 votes
      16%
    • stay the same 30 votes
      15%
    • Everybody is adding a dedicated pinball room 14 votes
      7%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 187 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4986 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4985 (resized).jpeg
    2c9mcyatiuo81 (resized).jpg
    homer-simpson-im-out.gif
    peak (resized).jpeg
    itsajoketakeiteasy (resized).jpg
    laugh-ketawa.gif
    Stop-Talking-GIF.gif
    2EDCDC22-AD22-4BCD-8613-0B87E7BE8702.gif
    BqXHEdc.gif
    beating-dead-horse-gif-2.gif
    beating_a_dead_horse (resized).jpg
    FiveOclock (resized).jpg
    aGKRW5ne_700w_0 (resized).jpg
    Dch2RjTWkAEXV6I (resized).jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I wouldn’t count on a real pullback when things ease. It’s an ultra niche market so timing pricing is even more of a roll of the dice.

I would because if there is a recession everything is coming down. Remember a lot of people are paying crazy prices for everything from lake houses, boats, to collector cars because the market is HIGH! People are making a lot of money off the market when or if the market crashes with the economy people will pull back.

Even Biden is saying the economy is headed for a recession therefore asking for 3.5 trillion and raising debt ceiling to stave off the inevitable. When the market crashes everything is heading back to earth. As the old saying goes what comes up must come down. I hope things stabilize without a recession but who knows everything is out of control.

#52 2 years ago

But did the pinball prices go down at all even when we were in a recession? I only joined this hobby in 2015

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

But did the pinball prices go down at all even when we were in a recession?

laugh-ketawa.giflaugh-ketawa.gif
    #54 2 years ago

No they didn’t. We’ve been watching this same conversation play out over and over for 20 years. This hobby attracts a base that is pretty recession resistant: a lot of professionals and discretionary income. Things might stagnate, but the secondary market doesn’t crash and the NIB stuff doesn’t drop in price.

#56 2 years ago

@op
    But please dont forget about the, when will this bubble burst? Question.
    You are realy missing out in this topic without it!

#57 2 years ago

Wait. OP has 29 pins and is waiting on an Ultraman and a Godzilla LE currently? Is this a complaint about the squalid conditions of his ivory tower, or more of a fear that the company at the yacht club is going to thin out? I can’t figure it.

#58 2 years ago

How the hell do you get 29 pins in a trailer? He must have an extension...

itsajoketakeiteasy (resized).jpgitsajoketakeiteasy (resized).jpg
    #59 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

But did the pinball prices go down at all even when we were in a recession? I only joined this hobby in 2015

Prices have slightly dipped before but when Obama was President things got really stagnant and it was harder to sell games at decent prices. I sold my AFM Le for $7500 with invisiglass and it actually sat for a day or two. Pretty crazy to think about especially since one just sold for $13000

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Prices have slightly dipped before but when Obama was President things got really stagnant and it was harder to sell games at decent prices. I sold my AFM Le for $7500 with invisiglass and it actually sat for a day or two. Pretty crazy to think about especially since one just sold for $13000

LOL Obama made it hard to sell games?!

#61 2 years ago

I have no idea how you are going to continue on with only 29 games. Thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers.

#62 2 years ago

#63 2 years ago

Inflation.

#64 2 years ago

I thought we were talking about an anti-freeze themed pinball.

peak (resized).jpegpeak (resized).jpeghomer-simpson-im-out.gifhomer-simpson-im-out.gif
    #66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL Obama made it hard to sell games?!

I bought my first pin in 2013 and people were talking about high prices and bubbles even then, so I must have blinked and missed the “really stagnant” pin market. But it was obviously the president’s fault that used games still sold for less than NIB games at that time.

#67 2 years ago

Lmfao

#71 2 years ago

I’ve never understood adding pins to your collection that you don’t even have yet. Like OPs GZLE and UM.

Also noticed OP has ducked out and prolly regrets starting this thread…

#72 2 years ago

Once this poor guy gets his Ultraman and GZLE he's definitely done, out for good, not buying anything else, probably, maybe, unless it's something cool of course.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I’ve never understood adding pins to your collection that you don’t even have yet. Like OPs GZLE and UM.

I can see both sides of it, but once I have a confirmed order and have made a deposit I add it to my collection.

#74 2 years ago

I too love to complain about money when my toy room is worth 6-figures. How will I afford to buy my son Gunarr his own yacht? He'll be the laughing stock of Harvard!

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

He'll be the laughing stock of Harvard!

My son is the laughing stork at The University of The Incarcerate Word.

#76 2 years ago

Well atleast we don't have to deal with the pinball is not an investment crowd for awhile.

#77 2 years ago

Based on all this collectables talk. Are late 80's / early 90's baseball cards still worthless?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Based on all this collectables talk. Are late 80's / early 90's baseball cards still worthless?

Yes,

I liked baseball cards as a kid. My son is into them now. The late 80s and early 90s set is now referred to as the, "Junk Wax" era in the baseball card hobby. You can still buy NIB 1989 Donrus complete sets for under $10.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. You have the best username on the internet and nobody will ever top it. That said, radical is rad and hopefully this will be last time I ever disagree with you because it makes me feel weird!

I dunno man. That guy named Nibbles with the tiny chipmunk avatar is right up there. I can never take him seriously.

#80 2 years ago

Pinball machines are commodities, they hold their value. Actually they often appreciate beyond the rate of inflation. Addams Family for around $3,300 at launch? Seems like it held that price range for a very long time. A restored one now by High End Pins now fetches $15,000. A nice player's condition one can be had for around $8,000. $3,300 in 1992 is about $6,400 in today's money.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I thought we were talking about an anti-freeze themed pinball.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hold on now! AWHAA? Dream theme! I'll take an LE! WHATEVER YOU'RE ASKING IT'S NOT ENOUGH!

2 years later
    #82 3 months ago
    Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

::Official::
    New and Used Pinball Sales reached their absolute zenith today. After a steady 20% climb over the past 12 months. Prices have ballooned beyond what 95% of enthusiasts can afford to pay. There just isn’t enough money or space to justify a continuation of the status quo.

Good to know.

#83 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Good to know.

We were two years too late

#84 3 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

We were two years too late

OP turned out to be no dummy waiting the two years before liquidating. Either that, or he just had a lot of hesitation along the way.

#85 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OP turned out to be no dummy waiting the two years before liquidating. Either that, or he just had a lot of hesitation along the way.

I didn’t need the money then and loved the games too much to sell without a good reason. ::sniff:: I should have tho.

#86 3 months ago
    Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I didn’t need the money then and loved the games too much to sell without a good reason. ::sniff:: I should have tho.

Welcome back to the thread OP!

2c9mcyatiuo81 (resized).jpg2c9mcyatiuo81 (resized).jpg
    #87 3 months ago

Noob here, If prices are too high, and climbing.....how come I can't get stupid prices for my average, old time pins?

#89 3 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

Noob here, If prices are too high, and climbing.....how come I can't get stupid prices for my average, old time pins?

Two YearsTwo Years

Two years too late

TodayToday

#90 3 months ago

Soooo, that graph will surely apply to all my modern wishlist pins I want to buy, right? What was outrageously expensive (10k and up in my opinion) should now be in (my opinion) somewhat sane price range.....can't wait to buy a couple!

#91 3 months ago

drain..

NO MORE PRICE THREADS!

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-have-reached-peak-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.