(Topic ID: 167788)

We had a special guest in the arcade tonite.

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5E53AEAD-7FF1-4830-A1CB-83236BBA063C (resized).jpeg
DSCN7230 (resized).JPG
th (resized).jpg
TDC (resized).JPG
jeff spicoli (resized).JPG
Benny hill (resized).JPG
tumblr_obsmo1vO131uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
BKD (resized).JPG
Sleestacka (resized).JPG
Black Sabbath (resized).JPG
tumblr_od41v69mS51uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
Dirty bakers dozen (resized).png
tumblr_odknnou6S41uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
tumblr_oe8paqxWwI1uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
tumblr_o6fd2oAHJ71uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
47ed0c1d8cd290605b38d9c19a16d703 (resized).jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

And he hung out for a while.

DSCN4936 (resized).JPGDSCN4936 (resized).JPG

DSCN4937 (resized).JPGDSCN4937 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Hey it's Rally Mantis from KC!

#3 7 years ago

Insects freak me out...always trying to get in my pee-hole.

And that one looks like it'd hurt.

#4 7 years ago

After it buzzed my head I knew it wasn't a moth. But I was trying to finish my ball. And it was in competition. Once I saw who it was we both chilled.

#5 7 years ago

Awesome! I use to raise mantis!

Had a wild pet one that came out every morning.
Big, like that, and it would crawl up and hang on my arm for a long time.
Really smart. Beat me in stare down contests too.

It means Good Luck and Fortune is coming your way!

#6 7 years ago

Maybe it was a she?

#8 7 years ago

They're beautiful bugs. The way they look at you and tilt their head is classic. One year my wife and I bought some mantis "clumps" which look like little egg shaped nests. Sure enough about a week later they opened and a whole parade of them came out single file... seemingly endlessly. Like a clown car x 10.
Sadly after a couple more weeks there were only a few left in the yard as they are territorial and the others took off to find their own stomping ground.

Good share dude

#9 7 years ago

I enjoyed his company. He left too soon.

#10 7 years ago

My cousin and her children raise these, when I was staying at their house for a week they had one left out of their recent batch. That is because it ate all of the others as they all grew up.

She said they are known to usually bite the heads off of the live crickets (store-bought) they are fed to kill it right away and also to stop it from struggling right away/pretty early on, but she said this one didn't do that. It's true, he literally ate everything he could off of them before killing one. They are fed once a day, and I watched every time, and every time, he did just that.

One time he grabbed his meal, held it in one pincer, ripped one of his back legs off with the other one, and ate it like a chicken leg while he held the cricket alive in his other pincer and did nothing with it until he was done with sucking the insides of the leg out.

It was super brutal... and cool.

Quoted from Manic:

they are territorial

Quoted from Manic:

the others took off to find their own stomping ground.

If that's what you'd like to think.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

My cousin and her children raise these, when I was staying at their house for a week they had one left out of their recent batch. That is because it ate all of the others as they all grew up.
She said they are known to usually bite the heads off of the live crickets (store-bought) they are fed to kill it right away and also to stop it from struggling right away/pretty early on, but she said this one didn't do that. It's true, he literally ate everything he could off of them before killing one. They are fed once a day, and I watched every time, and every time, he did just that.
One time he grabbed his meal, held it in one pincer, ripped one of his back legs off with the other one, and ate it like a chicken leg while he held the cricket alive in his other pincer and did nothing with it until he was done with sucking the insides of the leg out.
It was super brutal... and cool.

If that's what you'd like to think.

"That's what I choose to believe" Can you the name the movie this quote comes from? Consider it some bonus thread fun...

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Insects freak me out...always trying to get in my pee-hole.
And that one looks like it'd hurt.

I laughed so frickin hard at this. This is why I love this site.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"That's what I choose to believe" Can you the name the movie this quote comes from? Consider it some bonus thread fun...

Prometheus

#15 7 years ago

If you have a new Stern, he/she might have been there to pray over the playfield..............

#16 7 years ago

I use to love to watch one of my favorite mantises growning up. You should have taught him how to play piano and made him your sidekick.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17 7 years ago

very cool, i haven't seen a wild one since i was a kid (maybe 25 yrs ago). we used to get them all the time in our backyard in Wyoming, but i think pesticides, predators, and other factors decreased their population.

thanks for sharing

#18 7 years ago

Mr. Mantis was cool and he's welcome back anytime. Unlike the two blabbermouths that came rolling up the driveway and wouldn't split even after I'd shut everything down and asked them politely leave. This is why we can't have nice things.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I use to love to watch one of my favorite mantises growning up. You should have taught him how to play piano and made him your sidekick.

Zorak !!!!

#20 7 years ago

Man I was really hoping that it was Mr. Furley. Same build, same bug eyes,...so close, (just no ascot).

#21 7 years ago

I would have enjoyed Mr. Furley's company a lot more than those other two jackwads that showed up.

#22 7 years ago

Has anybody ever been bitten by one? I have heard they can bite but didn't know if that was just an old wive's tale.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Has anybody ever been bitten by one? I have heard they can bite but didn't know if that was just an old wive's tale.

I don't know. But he was buzzing my head and ear pretty good while I was playing my ball. I think he was just trying to get my attention so we wouldn't squash him. It seemed like he just wanted to hang out.

#24 7 years ago

I used to see these guys during the summer growing up in DE......it was a $50 fine if you killed one. Not that such a thing could be proven.....but who'd wanna hurt a cool looking buggie such as that!!

#25 7 years ago

First one I've seen in a real long time.

#26 7 years ago

Is this gonna become a buggy thread? There's a lot of mantises around here but stick bugs are hard to find. That may be because they are so good at hiding.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27 7 years ago

So RobT and NimbleKnees overstay their welcome again ?

#29 7 years ago

Used to see these all the time in my yard growing up in California...haven't seen any in Oregon yet.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So RobT and NimbleKnees overstay their welcome again ?

Nah, some dude in the neighborhood that never calls although I have asked him to and is usually half drunk when he gets here. When it was once every six months it wasn't a big deal. But this was the second time this week and he brought a friend with him.

They were jabbering non stop and when I closed it down they asked if they could hang out and I said no, it's time to call it a night. So twenty minutes later I still hear them and now they are standing in the front of the driveway still jabbering. I go out there and said I've got neighbors and if you can't respect that don't come here at all. A while later they are standing on the sidewalk at the other end of the property still babbling. I go "you guys are still here? I've got neighbors on this side too and one in between (meaning me)". They finally left.

That's why I built a big gate across the front of my driveway and now it's time to use it.

#31 7 years ago

You could've just thrown on some Hall and Oates. Works for me.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You could've just thrown on some Hall and Oates. Works for me.

Those two were so full of hot air, they wouldn't have even heard it. They are officially barred.

#33 7 years ago

They are probably the reason Mr Mantis bailed as he vanished about the time they showed up.

#34 7 years ago

Movie quote above is from Prometheus

#35 7 years ago

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-review (resized).jpginvasion-of-the-body-snatchers-review (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

So... after a Dog and Pinball, Cats and Pinball, Mantis and Pinball?

Can anyone name a pin featuring insects - spiders excluded then - as a major/minor element?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Can anyone name a pin featuring insects - spiders excluded then - as a major/minor element?

Doodle Bug?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So... after a Dog and Pinball, Cats and Pinball, Mantis and Pinball?

SST? Or do they have to be earthbound bugs?

#39 7 years ago

NGG, coz the code is full of bugs!

#40 7 years ago

Hey I found a mantis in my kitchen window today. Don't know how it got in the house. I grabbed it and the sucker clawed at my fingers. Then tossed it out the back door and it flew away. Weird.

#41 7 years ago

I'm surprised they stayed so long o-din, your basement scares me. From the pics it looks like its in outer space with nothing but darkness and pins. Not that it's a bad thing mind you....just scary.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

Hey I found a mantis in my kitchen window today. Don't know how it got in the house. I grabbed it and the sucker clawed at my fingers. Then tossed it out the back door and it flew away. Weird.

You did what?

Face_of_Praying_Mantis (resized).jpgFace_of_Praying_Mantis (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm surprised they stayed so long o-din, your basement scares me. From the pics it looks like its in outer space with nothing but darkness and pins. Not that it's a bad thing mind you....just scary

No basements in this neighborhood. That is my garage which is behind the house with a very long driveway to the street. I like the setup, but still get visitors back there I'm not expecting. Some that are welcome and others that are not.

#44 7 years ago

I need to come be an unwelcome guest sometime.

There was a fiesta that came up on Chicago CL recently and I thought of you.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I need to come be an unwelcome guest sometime.
There was a fiesta that came up on Chicago CL recently and I thought of you.

Every pinsider that has come over has been more than welcome and treats everything and everybody with respect and have always been welcomed back. That's what I like about this place. In person most are good people with common courtesy. And you are more than welcome too.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Every pinsider that has come over has been more than welcome and treats everything and everybody with respect and have always been welcomed back. That's what I like about this place. In person most are good people with common courtesy. And you are more than welcome too.

O-din is a gracious host. I should be beating down his door for my annual visit soon. Yes O-din I will take that spot under Big Daddy with the sleeping bag.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

O-din is a gracious host.

How gracious am I after about the fourth Jack and Coke?

I do remember the time I let you drive to go get the pizza. Didn't we get lost or something?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How gracious am I after about the fourth Jack and Coke?

If I'm in your neck of the wood, maybe I'll be one of the unwelcome guests too but at least I will bring the Jack and Coke.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

If I'm in your neck of the wood, maybe I'll be one of the unwelcome guests too but at least I will bring the Jack and Coke.

We all have our differences on this forum, but I am always ready to party with any of you. And if vintage EMs aren't your thing, I keep a few fairly modern machines in the house. But people usually end up back in the garage.

#50 7 years ago

My daughter calls the mantis on our Star Light (1 of 100) an astromancer...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-had-a-special-guest-in-the-arcade-tonite?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.