(Topic ID: 167788)

We had a special guest in the arcade tonite.

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5E53AEAD-7FF1-4830-A1CB-83236BBA063C (resized).jpeg
DSCN7230 (resized).JPG
th (resized).jpg
TDC (resized).JPG
jeff spicoli (resized).JPG
Benny hill (resized).JPG
tumblr_obsmo1vO131uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
BKD (resized).JPG
Sleestacka (resized).JPG
Black Sabbath (resized).JPG
tumblr_od41v69mS51uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
Dirty bakers dozen (resized).png
tumblr_odknnou6S41uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
tumblr_oe8paqxWwI1uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
tumblr_o6fd2oAHJ71uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg
47ed0c1d8cd290605b38d9c19a16d703 (resized).jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

Then again I don't think it's a mantis as it lols more like an LSD nightmare

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Then again I don't think it's a mantis as it lols more like an LSD nightmare

Well I've had plenty of bad trips back in the day and at least 75% of them included nightmare Mantii

#53 7 years ago

I was trying to think where I had seen that before. Not a common game to say the least. But so cool to look at.

#54 7 years ago

Figured that we would see the KTLA headline, "Homeowner defends his arcade with slingshot and used pinballs"

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Figured that we would see the KTLA headline, "Homeowner defends his arcade with slingshot and used pinballs"

If those clowns come back tonight you may just see such a headline.

But I am hoping our little friend, Mr. Mantis becomes a regular.

#56 7 years ago

Saw a mantis while watching Marco Polo. It died.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I've had plenty of bad trips back in the day and at least 75% of them included nightmare Mantii

Plural of Mantis is mantises or mantes. I didn't know it either.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

NGG, coz the code is full of bugs!

where? I've been playing the crap out of the one I just bought and haven't really noticed anything.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We all have our differences on this forum, but I am always ready to party with any of you. And if vintage EMs aren't your thing, I keep a few fairly modern machines in the house. But people usually end up back in the garage.

O-din, I have no idea where you are, but if close to Chicago, let me know......I was raised on EM's and don't often find any that are in good enough shape to play.

#62 7 years ago

That bug would be a great topper for a Starship Trooper.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

O-din, I have no idea where you are, but if close to Chicago, let me know......I was raised on EM's and don't often find any that are in good enough shape to play.

My location shows I'm somewhere in the ocean just off the So Cal coast, which on a day like today is where I'd really like to be. But today I'm inland just a bit and don't leave that general area much. So if anybody is visiting the area, hit me up!

#64 7 years ago

I bet you have all kinds of special guests down at the OD Arcade don't ya ?
Brush 3 times a day kids (resized).jpgBrush 3 times a day kids (resized).jpg
Vampire lives matter (resized).jpgVampire lives matter (resized).jpg
Pinball guys dont get girls like this stud (resized).pngPinball guys dont get girls like this stud (resized).png
Or were these the asshats that wouldn't leave ? Damn Blacula always hoardin up all the chicks....

#65 7 years ago

I'm a sixth grade science teacher, and we just started the school year this week.

I was walking some students up to the band room, and I spot this massive mantis on the window leading up the stairs.

I immediately thought of this thread and I had to snap a picture.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#66 7 years ago

That thing's as big as a car!

#67 7 years ago

I hear they get really big if you feed them hummingbirds.

#68 7 years ago

Man I have to net and release like one hummingbird a month in my garage. No I don't feed them. Catching one always reminds me to get back on the fuckin treadmill.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man I have to net and release like one hummingbird a month in my garage. No I don't feed them. Catching one always reminds me to get back on the fuckin treadmill.

No kidding,we had one in our garage for two days.Stupid bird would not go out a 16 ft garage door opening.

#70 7 years ago

Check out this ugly beast i snapped a photo of years back.

IMG_3807 (resized).JPGIMG_3807 (resized).JPG

Lost a battle with something.

#71 7 years ago

East coast Mantis on a pinball i was disassembling , looks like he was readying his flipper position.

IMG_3904 (resized).JPGIMG_3904 (resized).JPG

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yep, Mantis got him!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

I believe that's a Dobson Fly, though I could be wrong. Nasty looking thing, whatever it is.

#74 7 years ago

Thank god mantises can't order mantis Protectors online yet...they'd be unstoppable then.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I believe that's a Dobson Fly,

Correct , still something you dont want hitting you in the face on a motorcycle at high speed.....

#76 7 years ago

289265_10150360732666005_217064328_o.jpg289265_10150360732666005_217064328_o.jpg

#77 7 years ago

Tough actin Tinactin gets em everytime.

#78 7 years ago

Dude that's funny. One day at work a few years back I had been stumbling around about an hour before I finally took my boot off to straighten my sock because it felt like it had wadded up a bit under my arch. When I took it off a big cockroach jumped out and scurried on away. He must have liked it in there.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

took my boot off to straighten my sock because it felt like it had wadded up a bit under my arch. When I took it off a big cockroach jumped out and scurried on away

Could have been worse like this guy w / a banana.

#80 7 years ago

lets paint some fluffy clouds (resized).jpglets paint some fluffy clouds (resized).jpg

#81 7 years ago

too drunk to fuck (resized).jpgtoo drunk to fuck (resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago

Wanna see the Col. and Mr. Bojangles duke it out (resized).jpgWanna see the Col. and Mr. Bojangles duke it out (resized).jpg

#83 7 years ago

Col. Sanders all up in ya playfield business...

#84 7 years ago

Boy! (resized).jpgBoy! (resized).jpg

#85 7 years ago

HeyProfessor (resized).jpgHeyProfessor (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

You are killing me dude?

How bout Dr. Smith?

#87 7 years ago

You can tell Bob Denver was an actual special guest. Come aboard. We've been expecting you.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You can tell Bob Denver was an actual special guest.

I know, I've got MeTV! Fills that gap between happy hour and dinner hour.

#89 7 years ago

I couldn't make Black Sabbath tonight so I'm drunk and surly.

#90 7 years ago

Then here's some Sabbath to help ease your pain.

#91 7 years ago

Do not invite The Colonel, he just leave your pins with greasy buttons and lockdown bars.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got MeTV!

Great TV station. I am still old school i get that of my antenna as its not available on satellite provider in addition to the other 2 below antenna only.
Do you have http://antennatv.tv/ and http://www.comettv.com/ ?

#93 7 years ago

We've had Antenna TV for a while. They used to show Highway Patrol. I'd like to see that again. I didn't know about Comet but it looks like channel 56.4 so I'll check it out

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

very cool, i haven't seen a wild one since i was a kid (maybe 25 yrs ago). we used to get them all the time in our backyard in Wyoming, but i think pesticides, predators, and other factors decreased their population.
thanks for sharing

Yup, Monsanto.....

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I used to see these guys during the summer growing up in DE......it was a $50 fine if you killed one. Not that such a thing could be proven.....but who'd wanna hurt a cool looking buggie such as that!!

I had a mantis in my backyard when I lived in Delaware. Very cool to watch this guy in action. He/she was super slow motion until he attacked it's prey, then faster than you could see when pouncing.

I would check his whereabouts before mowing the lawn so I wouldn't hurt him.

#96 7 years ago

Speaking of old school when was the last time you saw analog gas pumps still in use?
Been looking for ethanol free gas for my 2 cycle power equipment for a while and finally got some here.

ethanol free (resized).JPGethanol free (resized).JPG

A little out of the way for me, but peace of mind versus catastrophic failure is a plus.....

#97 7 years ago

IMG_20160729_215158184 (resized).jpgIMG_20160729_215158184 (resized).jpg

#98 7 years ago

I had one in my apartment for a few weeks, he hung out by my window and would eat raw chicken.

Mantis (3) (resized).JPGMantis (3) (resized).JPG

#99 7 years ago

Hey Eddie, you change yer mind on Skeletonwitch2.0 yet ? I did. Gotta back the Witch, no matter whom the Captain is. Plus the new EP is just a facemelter.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Insects freak me out...always trying to get in my pee-hole.
And that one looks like it'd hurt.

“candirú.” Is the one to watch out for

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-had-a-special-guest-in-the-arcade-tonite/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.