Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    ED36FD2A-1FEE-423D-81AA-D836AA9A3347 (resized).jpeg
    empty (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg
    drink.gif
    lucky (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0206 (resized).jpg
    house fire.gif
    3b1cd52e1849111c101d76d43d6decfe[1] (resized).jpg
    5D304B61-613F-4B04-80F6-58CF2A989A06 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

Guys my family gone suffered from a fire caused by some bad connections?

I need help? Should I just get all of machines and have them wrapped until this is all over. What’s the beat way to store pinball for until things go back to normal.

I’m deviatared that my favorite TMNT game didn’t mKe. This has been the worst year for me.

#2 3 years ago

Out of curiousity, what ever happened with your "I have covid" thread and gofundme? I am legitimately asking and not accusing. Did you actually have it and confirmed?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I couldn’t imagine losing my family to a fire...I’ll be praying for you

#4 3 years ago

I was amongst to have it first. And then my wife and kids. I’m great full thang my grandparents didn’t get it. 2020 is a shit yes.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the prayers and keep us in your heart.

#6 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear. I hope life gets better for you !
    LTG : )

#7 3 years ago

Thanks LTG. It could of been worse.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Out of curiousity, what ever happened with your "I have covid" thread and gofundme? I am legitimately asking and not accusing. Did you actually have it and confirmed?

Wondered as well, as that thread noted the entire collection being sold, but perhaps I should give the benefit of the doubt and assume he just didn't update his collection on Pinside, then bought a new fleet of machines.

#9 3 years ago

I did not use the go fund me. I’m actually looking for ideas on how to store me equipment that won’t damage it.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I did not use the go fund me. I’m actually looking for ideas on how to store me equipment that won’t damage it.

Umm a storage unit and have insurance pay for it.

is this going to turn in to an e-begging thing? I’d find it hard to believe you don’t have homeowners insurance.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I need help? Should I just get all of machines and have them wrapped until this is all over. What’s the beat way to store pinball for until things go back to normal.
    I’m deviatared that my favorite TMNT game didn’t mKe. This has been the worst year for me.

I’m not quite sure what you’re even saying in the opening post.
    There’s a ton of bad spelling, punctuation, fragmented sentences etc, that is not consistent with how your posts in the past read.
    Did you type this inebriated?

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Did you type this inebriated?

The OP typed this full of bullshit.

#14 3 years ago

Store your machines where? Out of the house while fire damage is repaired? What damage are you concerned about? Are you just saying you want to put them in pay-per-month storage or something? This is really not quite clear.

#15 3 years ago

Sorry for the poor grammar. I was just hoping for input of placing items into storage for an extended time, and what do I need to do to them to ensure they stay safe and scratch free.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

None of your posts ever make much sense. Please... PLEASE just spellcheck before you hit send.

Someone said your other posts are coherent but I remember the covid thread, it was IMPOSSIBLE to understand.

I have sympathy, I really do, please just help us understand what the hell is actually happening with basic, simple, *coherent* sentences.

•EDIT• Try going back and clicking the small crayon/pencil on the bottom right of your post. That will let you edit the original post and fix any spelling mistakes and clarify the situation

#17 3 years ago

Sorry to learn of the fire. I'd just wrap each pin with moving blankets and plastic in storage (a climate controlled unit would be your best bet) where they should be safe.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Sorry to learn of the fire. I'd just wrap each pin with moving blankets and plastic in storage (a climate controlled unit would be your best bet) where they should be safe.

Great suggestion — recommend removing batteries too for safe measure while in storage.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.

#19 3 years ago

This man has been thru it all. Suffered a heart attack, cancer while being one of the first with covid-19, and now a house fire.

I call him, Unbreakable.

#20 3 years ago

The most unlucky guy.

#21 3 years ago

I have a sneaking suspicion that the pinball collection Orko recently acquired after his hospital COVID stay (full of media taking photos and videos despite HIPAA!) happened to be located directly in the path of Hurricane Laura.

Fortunately nintenbears have nine lives, I'm told.

#22 3 years ago

As others have stated.
    Remove batteries from MPU board. Break down games and wrap them in shrink wrap. Find a local storage center that has climate control unit. Move games in and don’t bring back until the house is done.
    PS, sorry to hear about the fire and covid.

#23 3 years ago

I seem to remember an elbow surgery around the end of last year also. You are testament to survival. I would physically help you pack and move your machines if I were closer. Did the Star Trek captain's chair ever come to fruition?

#24 3 years ago

They have places you can bring the games to get ionized to get rid of the smoke smell.

#25 3 years ago

Before anyone waste time offering advice, just look through this guy's history on the site. I know others have alluded to it at this point, but in the interest of being a bit more direct: The guy is completely full of shit.

#27 3 years ago

Or the article of the accident.

#28 3 years ago

Your insurance will pay for storage and all that.

The company you hired for disaster remediation should be able to lead you through it. They can also provide the labor to pack your pins up and move them.

When we had our flood that ruined the first floor, the disaster company guys loved my pins and asked to play them a few times.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I couldn’t imagine losing my family to a fire...I’ll be praying for you

Is that what he's actually saying? I ask because I really cant tell. I would think funeral arrangements would be just a slightly higher priority than pinball if that was the case.

#30 3 years ago

None of this makes sense.

#31 3 years ago

Hard to follow his posts, but I never inferred that his family perished, by the post.

#32 3 years ago

Go back and read the 'im in the hospital' thread....this guy is full of shit...

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Go back and read the 'im in the hospital' thread....this guy is full of shit...

Is that the one where he was laying in his hospital bed while reporters and paparazzi were cruely taking pictures of him nonstop?

Quoted from Orko:

I’m actually looking for ideas on how to store me equipment that won’t damage it.

I can't be the only one who read this in Popeye voice.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that the one where he was laying in his hospital bed while reporters and paparazzi were cruely taking pictures of him nonstop?

That's the one.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-happened-in-to-me-im-in-the-hospital-

#35 3 years ago

He didn’t say What kind of fire.

5D304B61-613F-4B04-80F6-58CF2A989A06 (resized).jpeg5D304B61-613F-4B04-80F6-58CF2A989A06 (resized).jpeg
    #36 3 years ago
    3b1cd52e1849111c101d76d43d6decfe[1] (resized).jpg3b1cd52e1849111c101d76d43d6decfe[1] (resized).jpg
    #37 3 years ago

This guy cant win, now this thread is on fire.

#39 3 years ago

Disaster of the week for this tool.
    At least he's not asking for money yet.
    My best advice. Sell all the machines.
    Close your pinside account.
    Done, and done.
    Good luck, have a good life.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Disaster of the week for this tool.
    At least he's not asking for money yet.
    My best advice. Sell all the machines.
    Close your pinside account.
    Done, and done.
    Good luck, have a good life.

Geez!!! Pinside is angry today.

#41 3 years ago

The past posts from this Pinsider make this one really hard to believe, just like the COVID one. Seek help, and not from Pinside. I have some other things I would like to say about people that fake tragedies for attention, but they are not fit for typing here.

#42 3 years ago

So, the whole family died....

But he is experiencing devastation that TMNT didn't make it out?

Yeah, I totally get it. I like that pin too.

#43 3 years ago

Bruh....see a shrink.

#44 3 years ago

Hey! I just got over 3 months of total isolation due to pneumonia that just didnt want to go away, anti-biotics and everything.
    So if the fire story is b.s. do I win?

thumbnail_IMG_0206 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0206 (resized).jpg
    #45 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't be the only one who read this in Popeye voice.

Thankfully it wasn't Jar Jar

#46 3 years ago

Is your family ok or not?

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This man has been thru it all. Suffered a heart attack, cancer while being one of the first with covid-19, and now a house fire.
    I call him, Unbreakable.

No shit sounds sketchy at best?
    You on the other hand are a celebrity.I remember your CITPP post years ago,any new pics or updates?

#48 3 years ago

Let’s see. I fractured my wrist, sprained my ankle, recovered from shingles and had to walk for miles after my truck broke down this year. Do I get any sympathy, can I start a GoFundMe? Haven’t missed any work. $15k would be nice. And yes, I couldn’t play pinball for weeks because of the wrist.

Just kidding, wouldn’t do it.

#49 3 years ago

A lot of people believe everything they read and hear much too easily. At some point you have to start questioning things.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-experienced-a-house-fire?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.