(Topic ID: 135580)

We are building a minions pinball! updates every friday!

By pinballrockstar

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
EFC269AB-5D93-4B65-9165-9B267B75A0E0 (resized).jpeg
1426F57C-7247-41F7-A2A7-72235E9DC4BD (resized).jpeg
E3FF5C57-0180-42A0-9476-94350E201A68 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
39C08953-4D4C-4DD8-9C2A-6579B003BC45 (resized).jpeg
DB581720-F7B5-49C9-82E0-988BB31E3E40 (resized).jpeg
1D92915A-06EB-4DA2-B332-A474685CC5F2 (resized).jpeg
2C0097ED-F679-4B58-A149-5000649F3C25 (resized).jpeg
1C3AA014-8106-49B8-AE1D-9220A0F1F795 (resized).jpeg
24546761-41B3-49EB-856F-08D6845058D4 (resized).jpeg
D4A5A377-42FD-4AE8-ABFC-B28C11805526 (resized).jpeg
King Bob Smiling (resized).jpg
D304630B-9A83-4850-8C3E-81BFC1879C56 (resized).png
ED6F8516-386D-4FF0-AF06-43E3FA89FAF8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 8 years ago

I see a lot of potential here. Let me know if I can be of any help

1 week later
#74 8 years ago
Quoted from briancox:

Also, I've used both PROC and FAST hardware in my games, and if it's not too late for you guys, you really should consider going the FAST route. It's super easy to setup and use, works with multiple computer platforms (Windows and Linux, including the single-board stuff like Beagle Bone and RPi2), it's compatible with the Mission Pinball Framework, and best of all, it's "driverless". Meaning, no funky installation of drivers that don't work half the time.
The FAST guys are always adding new features, and currently support NeoPixle-style RGB LEDs natively on their driver boards.
Hope this helps!
Brian C.

Hey Brian,

Not sure if you're aware that I wrote a new windows installer for the P-ROC software suite that seems to have fixed the installation headaches for most everyone on Windows. I don't think saying that the "drivers don't work have the time" is even slightly accurate. It's the installation process with the old installer that was problematic for folks.

Anyway, I applaud Brian for not trying to hijack this awesome progress thread with a sales pitch for MPF or the Fast vs P-ROC nonsense. Plenty of other threads have this covered already. Since Fast has now started shipping hardware, I'm eager to hear from more real users what concrete benefit the Fast boards have, but again, not in this thread specifically.

#77 8 years ago

MPF runs on both. P-ROC is compatible with your WCS's WPC-89 driver board so you could avoid buying driver boards or switch boards (if you were so inclined).

There's a good thread where I try to break down the Fast is cheaper pricing myth, here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-game-p3-roc-or-fast#post-2580772

To be clear, they're priced about the same for custom builds. If you're able to reuse an driver board from a WPC, WPC-S, or WPC-95 era machine, I believe the P-ROC will come out to be cheaper.

There's a lot in that thread. I think some of it is helpful.

I am biased. I've been using P-ROC for nearing on four years and have spent a lot of time contributing code to that community (including PyProcGameHD+SkeletonGame and PyProcGameVGA before it).

I'm loathe to come into threads and advertise PyProcGameHD or the P-ROC/P3-ROC, but misinformation seems to always pull me in to defend it.

#87 8 years ago

Something seems wrong with the Wiki. All the content is still there if you click on the source but the pages aren't being rendered properly. Weird. This was happening on someone else's site I visited last week. I'll let Gerry know.

The documentation page with wiring details (connector mappings) is here:
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p-roc/documentation

If you're running Windows, I have written a new one-click installer to get you going, here:
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=626.msg14604#msg14604

I can link you to lots of great information about programming pyprocgame or PyProcGameHD, too.

Quoted from pinballrockstar:

pinballcontrollers.com/wiki should be the "getting started"page (so says the papers that came with P_ROC),but that is a blank page??anybody??

1 week later
#116 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Very simple and straight-forward. Go to the pinball controllers forum and follow JoeShabadu's whitewood pinball project thread. That single thread was all I needed to get WOOLY up and running/flipping. Seriosuly is was super easy.

Awesome advice. Because you are already installed, you can jump to reply #9

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.0

That 9th post will get you a machine config and a few lines of code and you'll be flipping with your p-roc in the mix.

Also, everything he does in there should work with PyProcGameHD.

Once you're ready for it. I'll PM you my super empty first flips sample game (which is even simpler than the SampleGame for SkeletonGame).

#118 8 years ago

So i am at #9 and i try to copy that code and paste it in the "simple.py"folder i created,but i cannot paste it in(like with a picture) how come?

Expect a second PM very soon

#120 8 years ago

Sending a PM with a link to a custom stripped down yaml, starter.py, and config. Talk about service

#129 8 years ago

You are all wrong. Use Sublime Text 2

Honestly, lots of great recommendations here. I think I like Komodo behind ST2, and Notepad++ less than those two, but any of these will be a huge upgrade

#131 8 years ago

Minion madness has WORKING POP BUMPERS!
After 50 failed attempts,they finally work!
(I know....rather insignificant in the greater meaning of things...but for now it is a miracle!)

Congrats! It always feels awesome to get things working. I didn't put them in because I didn't know you still had them on your machine!

For future reference, please feel free to send me PMs with questions or post at "the other place" --you'll get answers very quickly

1 week later
#142 8 years ago

l
We erased pyprocgame and started the mission pinball install.
We are definately more in the zone with this.
Pyprocgame is real hard for a noob.
A few hours MPF and we have a flipping game with dmd.

Sorry to hear this (especially this way), but I'm obviously glad you've found something that's a better fit!

The code and docs and stuff I wrote for you guys will live on to help improve the documentation for others, which is absolutely a complaint I hear loud and clear.

Fo what it's worth, I had your game flipping in under 20 minutes (yaml's plus simple.py) and can do the dmd stuff fast --but the challenge is to make it so others can get there just as quickly; the docs are clearly a huge hurdle to reaching that goal.

Anyway, glad you're set. Best of luck with MPF!

- Michael

#146 8 years ago

Michael, you are the most helpful guy i know,we were so happy with pyprocgame working but we are not computer guys, i need a simple tutorial.
The mpf tutorial has that.
Put this in that map, etc.
I live pinball and this won't be my last build, i intend to keep on doing this..so as i get smarter i can and will build with pyprocgame hd too.
Everything out there has my interest.
It is just fun to really build the machine yourself and with pyprocgame i was only asking people to help with every step,now it is coming alive under my hands.
Again, that is just me,normally i only browse hotmail and ebay on a computer...lol

No worries! If I can be of help in the future please don't hesitate to reach out!

2 months later
#344 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks great guy's, keep on the good work.

That plastic print (and all the recent updates, really) look great. Keep up the awesome work. It's great to see how much fun you guys are having.

Now, we should all take an oath to stop developing licensed games and start inventing some new themes --you know, so we could theoretically manufacture/sell them!

4 months later
#720 8 years ago

Dude, you are at universal! Buy the minion glasses for us!

You might be able to call the "customer relations" office at Universal studios in Orlando and have them connect you to the gift shop with the most minions stuff, and have them ship anything you want to you directly. The theme park gift shops ship things all the time (so you buy in store but don't have to pack it in luggage).

Labnip: what was the name of that shop, if you happen to recall?

Anyway, when you have them on the phone, don't tell them about your project. They will all love it and tell each other until someone too high up hears about it...

You guys are just awesome.

Adios amigos!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday?tu=Mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.