(Topic ID: 135580)

We are building a minions pinball! updates every friday!

By pinballrockstar

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
EFC269AB-5D93-4B65-9165-9B267B75A0E0 (resized).jpeg
1426F57C-7247-41F7-A2A7-72235E9DC4BD (resized).jpeg
E3FF5C57-0180-42A0-9476-94350E201A68 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
39C08953-4D4C-4DD8-9C2A-6579B003BC45 (resized).jpeg
DB581720-F7B5-49C9-82E0-988BB31E3E40 (resized).jpeg
1D92915A-06EB-4DA2-B332-A474685CC5F2 (resized).jpeg
2C0097ED-F679-4B58-A149-5000649F3C25 (resized).jpeg
1C3AA014-8106-49B8-AE1D-9220A0F1F795 (resized).jpeg
24546761-41B3-49EB-856F-08D6845058D4 (resized).jpeg
D4A5A377-42FD-4AE8-ABFC-B28C11805526 (resized).jpeg
King Bob Smiling (resized).jpg
D304630B-9A83-4850-8C3E-81BFC1879C56 (resized).png
ED6F8516-386D-4FF0-AF06-43E3FA89FAF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 103.
#201 8 years ago

Very cool indeed!

#202 8 years ago

We have a nice working flipper on the upper playfield!

#203 8 years ago

So recently we bumped into a guy named Tom on the internet, he is currently building a boutique pinball named jungle gems,a real ramp monster.
As the name sort of reveals, it is a jungle team and you have to collect different jungle gems.
He will be connecting different boards and write his own code.
After some mail, tom donated a very usable cool lethal weapon ramp to our project.
Look it up, tom has a website, very ambitious project indeed

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#205 8 years ago

that is pretty cool arpman,sell us a plug and play module,we cannot build that...it looks really hard

#206 8 years ago

very cool indeed. are you going to use an led display in the end or color dmd?

#207 8 years ago

Will you guys be showing it at DPO Expo ?

#208 8 years ago

In the end we want color lcd,we will attend dpo on sunday but the machine stays home this year.
We will take it along next year when we are further down the road.

#209 8 years ago

We did some work on the artwork , pretty happy with the outcome

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#210 8 years ago

Did some work on the shooter lane so the ball won't roll back,we have a nice mig welder so a prototype is easily made.
Also fit the 3 target bank and the purple hole with outkicker.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#211 8 years ago

The vuk build for the upper playfield, note we changed the bonus lanes and installed inserts.
We are starting code for the bonus lanes so you can lane change the light with your flippers and complete the sequence.
Also we are starting the code for the skill shot over there.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#212 8 years ago

Some nice lane guides for the upper loop that runs underneath the upper playfield

image.jpgimage.jpg

#213 8 years ago

This is the scoop for minion bob's belly,we have put a 1 drop target in front of it,you will have to bash the drop target in order to enter bobs belly.
At this point we have the ball popping out when you shoot it in, but we are thinking of making bob the entrance to the subway ball lock in the under playfield that we are currently building.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#214 8 years ago

Minion bob has general illumination now,1 quad bee led is enough to get him to illuminate,it looks so cool in the dark,we have silicone bands on the slingshots that light up real nice as well,we installed color changing leds in the slingshots so it is quite a show.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#215 8 years ago

A little test for the vertical upkicker and the bob scoop,it is always worth a laugh when things work, code is unpredictable.

#216 8 years ago

Everything went smooth this week,this is the machine up until this point,we have everything working great.
We are real excited about building the subway ball lock playfield.
It will give an extra spark to the machine..three levels of playfield,an interactive(gru's house) backbox.
There will be a ton of stuff happening,it is going to be the coolest pin ever.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#217 8 years ago

Why is the left upperloop guide so far from the left.
You loose a lot of space.
Now you only have a loop shot and a scoop and the half left of your playfield space is used.
If you put it more to the left both metal guides , you have space for a extra shot.
If you bring on the minnion scoop a litle down and to the leftyou have space for a lot more things.

Well i see you bring in first the things you want and later sort it out.
You guy's do that al the time,so things get sorted out later i think.

I am on the dpo sunday also, so if you want some help with your layout ask me.
If you don"t want that ,oke we can drink a beer and talk about other people.

#218 8 years ago

Yup,we do things on the fly,we plan to place a newton ball under the upper playfield,but for now we dont have ball hangs while shooting stuff.
Is is not final

#219 8 years ago

Well keep on i love what your doing this is my favorite treat.

#220 8 years ago

Thanks,we are just having fun and together we learn along the way.
We have lots of help from the community when needed, it is really really great.

#221 8 years ago

It sounds like you are having fun on the video, keep up the great work

#222 8 years ago

Thanks for the great work and videos. Me and my kids love them. Everything looks great.

#223 8 years ago

KING BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#224 8 years ago

Last week the general illumination and flashers was added to the code by the way.
We understand it and the possibilities are literally endless.
Our barebone game already has quite a show going

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

So recently we bumped into a guy named Tom on the internet, he is currently building a boutique pinball named jungle gems,a real ramp monster.
As the name sort of reveals, it is a jungle team and you have to collect different jungle gems.
He will be connecting different boards and write his own code.
After some mail, tom donated a very usable cool Lethal Weapon ramp to our project.
Look it up, tom has a website, very ambitious project indeed

I did a search for this project with no luck. Do you guys have a link you can share? It sounds pretty cool!

Keep up the good work, the updates are all looking super promising!

#227 8 years ago

I like the randomness of your trying things out, going on the fly. But as a person that likes to plan things ahead you make me nervous. Keep up the good work!

#228 8 years ago

Yeah, we know what you mean...but one move seems to lead to another you know?
We will be on your nerves a lot in this topic then...lol.
We wanted to make the pin playable to see if shots are satisfying,but before you know it,you are adding code for the matrix lights to see how they interact with switches registering ball events...add flashers just to see if you are in fact capable of making them flash and how the playfield looks with some flash.
And we added the dmd because these are huge steps forward and it really Is a big motivator.
It is kind of a psychological passage through the harder things for us...cause it already is a shooting pin with basegame and dmd right?
We don't like to ride through the narrow tunnel of other peoples visions...we respect them ofcourse, but we like to have sort of an organic flow to our pinball build.
I personally think Brian Eddy at times laughed itself silly and had great fun adding the duke of bourbon voices to medieval madness for example....and that fun reflects in your pin.
That is why Pat Lawlor games don't make me smile, he's a very serious guy....

#229 8 years ago

I love what you guys are doing.

Have you found that the BOB shot is super tight? It looks it.

Nice addition with the subway. If only we could get subways out of Stern.

#230 8 years ago

Yeah it is tight, but it is easy to make it bigger,it is harder too make it smaller if your hole is too big

#231 8 years ago

That's a very good point. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Also the cab are is very nice. It goes to show you that simplicity can look very classy.

chris

#232 8 years ago

I too like the simplicity of the art work on the cabinet,there is something nice about a predominant color and simple lines, maybe its just me, but a lot of the super fancy graphics look more like advertising (and it is) whereas these line art graphics are in my mind far more pleasing- very nice!

#233 8 years ago

Thanks so much for the credit!

#234 8 years ago

We have had a lot of requests for the web link to Tom's boutique build called jungle gems.
It was hard to find:
http://www.pinnovations.nl/PITM/

#235 8 years ago

So team minions pinball had their friday meeting again, we discussed some layout for the subway playfield.
We actually agreed to also play some pinball too as i just purchased a restored Totan.(we haven't played a single game in months because of the build,that is what we used to do on friday "pinball" evening)
But addicting as a pinball build is,the entire evening slipped away in the build again..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#236 8 years ago

You have to sort of map your inserts , a subway playfield is actually real hard to implement,just think of the space you lose for a sub playfield AND the subway RAMPS you need to fit.
All sorts of components are in the way at the underside of the playfield.
So it was actually the right moment to fit it right now and engineer our way around it with the rest of all the stuff that goes underneath

image.jpgimage.jpg

#237 8 years ago

No way back, we made a giant hole and smoothing the edges here in the pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#238 8 years ago

Our manual router we used to scrape off a bit of edge to fit the under playfield window.
Real tricky by hand,as with this machine a mistake will never be easy to fix

image.jpgimage.jpg

#239 8 years ago

Yep, nice and tight

image.jpgimage.jpg

#240 8 years ago

We started to strip off some parts of our Baywatch playfield.
It has nice chimnee style vuk's and we decided to build a vuk in the apron,we believe that will be a first in pinball too.
We took off a supernice red subway ramp from baywatch too.
We chose baywatch for a parts playfield not only because it was simply for sale, this sega has the exact same layout as our build.
The upper playfield is oriented on the upper left of the playfield in both cases.
So this was a huge score last week as we have a ton of wire ramp we were searching for.
And ofcourse a bizar load of parts wecan use.
We bought a lot of stuff new and that is a pity,we have a lot of stuff on this playfield that we already bought.
But hey, we don't have a crystal ball right? Only Jersey Jack has those.(woz lol)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#241 8 years ago

We managed to fit the entire vuk assembly in the apron,so the subway ball lock playfield will feed this vuk via the nice red subway ramp.
Believe it or not, we actually had no trouble fitting it, nor the subway ramp.
It fell simply fell in place right there.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#242 8 years ago

Check out how nice our subway assembly fits!
Next we are going to connect the big Bob minion toy (change the scoop)....attach him via subway ramp to the under playfield.
Then our subway loop works.
Bob the minion then will have 2 targets next to his belly left and right, just like Bluto's head on popeye.
If you have the targets lit, the magnet ball lock in the subway playfield will lay the ball in lock,if not , the ball rolls through the sub playfield, in the vuk, and spits back on the playfield.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#243 8 years ago

Ain't she beautiful..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#244 8 years ago

WOW!!!!! That looks great. My kids and I love following your progress. They ask me several times when can we play. They are very young and don't fully understand how big the world really is. Keep up the great work, and we all love the videos.

#245 8 years ago

With a seminar on Saturday morning from another remake, MM to medieval castle, from pinballwill you should consider to change DPO Sunday visit Saturday

In any case Will is also there on Sunday with his remake in the main hall. Make sure to pay him a visit as I think you share a lot of interest.

#246 8 years ago

Oh, and I don't want to hold back on our sound system progress last week!
Mpf will be updating on their sound system in the near future because it is very limited. .(nevertheless we made it work for us.
Been struggling a bit but we have sound and vision.

#247 8 years ago

Very nice

#248 8 years ago

I'm not ashamed to say that "Press Fart" made me laugh.

#249 8 years ago

Looks great.

#250 8 years ago

Hi guys, this week we needed to complete the subway shot through our bob minion, but we had no scoop...
So the closedt thing shaped like a scoop was this skill shot-thing from our wcs.
Do you see where we cut it out?

image.jpgimage.jpg

There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.