(Topic ID: 135580)

We are building a minions pinball! updates every friday!

By pinballrockstar

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
EFC269AB-5D93-4B65-9165-9B267B75A0E0 (resized).jpeg
1426F57C-7247-41F7-A2A7-72235E9DC4BD (resized).jpeg
E3FF5C57-0180-42A0-9476-94350E201A68 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
39C08953-4D4C-4DD8-9C2A-6579B003BC45 (resized).jpeg
DB581720-F7B5-49C9-82E0-988BB31E3E40 (resized).jpeg
1D92915A-06EB-4DA2-B332-A474685CC5F2 (resized).jpeg
2C0097ED-F679-4B58-A149-5000649F3C25 (resized).jpeg
1C3AA014-8106-49B8-AE1D-9220A0F1F795 (resized).jpeg
24546761-41B3-49EB-856F-08D6845058D4 (resized).jpeg
D4A5A377-42FD-4AE8-ABFC-B28C11805526 (resized).jpeg
King Bob Smiling (resized).jpg
D304630B-9A83-4850-8C3E-81BFC1879C56 (resized).png
ED6F8516-386D-4FF0-AF06-43E3FA89FAF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

but it is not Pinballlife who is doing it

Yes they do!
They charge $61.70 shipping for 3 arrow inserts that fit an envelope.(which can be send for $5)
They only have 4 crazy expensive shipping options.
THAT is the exact reason i bought more stuff,because they charge insane shipping?
THAT is the reason i got to pay €65.47 tax.
And THAT is the reason i won't buy there ever again.

So let me rephrase: i encourage the whole world to buy from pinball life,they have beautiful things and i hear the owner is a wonderful guy.

But i am never gonna buy from them again.

Hey guys,you know what i learned on pinside today?
If you make a fun update on friday,5 happy people visit..
If you say something about pinball life 100 mad people visit your topic

#2302 7 years ago

yes sad that has happened, maybe next time get a local pinhead to get the parts and ship to you.

as for the shooter lane, nice work, you made short work of it - and was only trying to be helpful - which I am sure you saw it from that angle.

look forward to the next fun update and really looking forward to seeing the art.

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Two things that can drop your street cred.....talking bad about pinball life and making a playfield without a shooter lane.

I'm offended by this

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Seriously? You want them to commit fraud for you? Pinballlife did not get to where they are by doing dumb stuff like that. I'm sure they want to risk their business on saving you a few bucks

No we want them to charge what it actually costs to ship not profiteer and charge 10X. you are aware that you pay duty on goods AND shipping, right?

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

as for the shooter lane, nice work, you made short work of it - and was only trying to be helpful - which I am sure you saw it from that angle.
look forward to the next fun update and really looking forward to seeing the art.

Yes ofcourse,100% happy with your idea?
By coincidence i bought a roll of cheap sanding paper and i have that garden tool with a stick( it came with the house,no clue what it is) to fold the sandpaper on.
Matter of minutes,thanks!
Yeah friday we are going to do a cool update about the new playfield and art.
Help me push the week forward!

#2306 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No we want them to charge what it actually costs to ship not profiteer and charge 10X. you are aware that you pay duty on goods AND shipping, right?

Amen!

#2307 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Yes they do!
They charge $61.70 shipping for 3 arrow inserts that fit an envelope.(which can be send for $5)
They only have 4 crazy expensive shipping options.
THAT is the exact reason i bought more stuff,because they charge insane shipping?
THAT is the reason i got to pay €65.47 tax.
And THAT is the reason i won't buy there ever again.
So let me rephrase: i encourage the whole world to buy from pinball life,they have beautiful things and i hear the owner is a wonderful guy.
But i am never gonna buy from them again.
Hey guys,you know what i learned on pinside today?
If you make a fun update on friday,5 happy people visit..
If you say something about pinball life 100 mad people visit your topic

Just to clarify……

The package in question weighed 3 pounds and the shipping option that was chosen at check out from our web site was USPS Priority Mail Express International™. The actual shipping cost for this parcel was $67.75, and that is the same amount Bas was charged.

There is a less expensive shipping option offered at checkout (USPS Priority Mail International®) - $47.85. However, this option was not chosen.

As an FYI; when we charge the actual cost of shipping to our customers we actually lose money due to CC/Paypal fees and, in the case of international orders, currency conversion fees that have to be paid not only on the value of the order, but also the shipping cost. The total cost of these fees we paid for the shipping cost of this specific parcel was $2.03. Taken individually this is not a big number, but multiplied by 1000’s and 1000’s of parcels shipped annually it becomes quite large. I’m not complaining as I understand this as a cost of doing business. I just want people to know that when any business charges the actual price of the cost of shipping a parcel they are losing money. The perception of everyone *getting ripped off* with international shipping fees is wrong, at least when it comes to Pinball Life and our shipping practices.

All Pinball Life international orders ship with a commercial invoice attached to the outside of the parcel. This commercial invoice matches the customs paperwork. When documentation is mismatched, incomplete, or missing, parcels tend to get returned, lost, or seriously delayed. These reasons, more than fraud charges being leveled against Pinball Life, are why we ship orders in compliance with what customs offices around the world want to see. It is our responsibility to get our customers’ orders delivered to them, so we follow what we have found to be the best practices to get the job done.

The Minions project is great. I’ve been following it since the beginning. I’d love to see it done and everyone be happy with the result. I understand the cost of a project like this is very high and pennies that can be saved must be saved. If we sell no more parts to this project because of our business practices that isn’t going to damper my enthusiasm for this project one bit.

Terry.
Pinball Life

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

There is a less expensive shipping option offered at checkout (USPS Priority Mail International®) - $47.85. However, this option was not chosen.

Mic DropMic Drop

#2309 7 years ago

As expected, Pinball Life was just following the customs rules so he could provide the most reliable service to customers while also not getting fined (or far worse). As expected, there was a second side to the story that was previously unrepresented.

Now that that's all open why doesn't the OP just get back to the actual subject that everyone is here for instead of dragging this down into a mudslinging thread. The pinball machine is cool. Your petty requests for special treatment are not. Stick to what's good.

#2310 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

If we sell no more parts to this project because of our business practices that isn’t going to damper my enthusiasm for this project one bit.

Stand up dude and comment.

#2311 7 years ago

Fixed.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#2312 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Just to clarify……
The package in question weighed 3 pounds and the shipping option that was chosen at check out from our web site was USPS Priority Mail Express International™. The actual shipping cost for this parcel was $67.75, and that is the same amount Bas was charged.
As an FYI; when we charge the actual cost of shipping to our customers we actually lose money due to CC/Paypal fees and, in the case of international orders, currency conversion fees that have to be paid not only on the value of the order, but also the shipping cost. The total cost of these fees we paid for the shipping cost of this specific parcel was $2.03. Taken individually this is not a big number, but multiplied by 1000’s and 1000’s of parcels shipped annually it becomes quite large. I’m not complaining as I understand this as a cost of doing business. I just want people to know that when any business charges the actual price of the cost of shipping a parcel they are losing money. The perception of everyone *getting ripped off* with international shipping fees is wrong, at least when it comes to Pinball Life and our shipping practices.
All Pinball Life international orders ship with a commercial invoice attached to the outside of the parcel. This commercial invoice matches the customs paperwork. When documentation is mismatched, incomplete, or missing, parcels tend to get returned, lost, or seriously delayed. These reasons, more than fraud charges being leveled against Pinball Life, are why we ship orders in compliance with what customs offices around the world want to see. It is our responsibility to get our customers’ orders delivered to them, so we follow what we have found to be the best practices to get the job done.
The Minions project is great. I’ve been following it since the beginning. I’d love to see it done and everyone be happy with the result. I understand the cost of a project like this is very high and pennies that can be saved must be saved. If we sell no more parts to this project because of our business practices that isn’t going to damper my enthusiasm for this project one bit.
Terry.
Pinball Life

Rosh,you snitch,you just had to tell on me.
Now pinball life is here too!
Terry,all the new mechs in our pin are from pinball life,good stuff,good shop,no problem.
But your shop has one big problem(everybody keeps dragging me through the mud for the wrong comment)and that is i wanted to buy 3 arrow inserts and i don't want to pay 61.70 shipping and also not 50 bucks for an envelope with 3 dollar worth of inserts.
For a few bucks difference i obviously choose the somewhat more expensive fedex or ups over usps..
Add an envelope shipping for a couple of bucks in case someone needs a decal or an insert or something else that doesn't weigh zip.
BTW:
I received a pm from a cool guy in the us who is willing to arrange shipping parts for me in the future and HE will put $20 on the box for me.
So that part is fixed now.

Another question:
Who are all you people?
I thought like , 7 people read our topic
Never seen you guys here before?
In all honesty,i thought we had a handful of followers?

#2313 7 years ago

Looks great guys.

#2314 7 years ago

Another question:
Who are all you people?

My question is how did this thread become so serious. Hey guys lets get back to the fun minions project.
No muddying the waters here.

Way more than 7 readers. I put a link onto our biggest pinball site here I Australia a while ago as I thought this thread deserves a look. Great stuff happening and all born out of the Jpoop shitstorm. From a stinker into a positive place. Go Amigos.

Note to self. Don't criticise site that cannot be named.

Now back to NOT messing up that playfield.

#2315 7 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

My question is how did this thread become so serious. Hey guys lets get back to the fun minions project.
No muddying the waters here.
Way more than 7 readers. I put a link onto our biggest pinball site here I Australia a while ago as I thought this thread deserves a look. Great stuff happening and all born out of the Jpoop shitstorm. From a stinker into a positive place. Go Amigos.
Note to self. Don't criticise site that cannot be named.
Now back to NOT messing up that playfield.

Yeah you are right,back on topic.
But i honestly thought only a few people read our posts,we always see the same people here posting?

#2316 7 years ago

But i honestly thought only a few people read our posts,we always see the same people here posting?

Maybe they are the shy type because at current, your thread has been favorited by 223 Pinsiders. I know I check it every time there is a new post. Super pumped about this project, and excited to see the progress/results.

#2317 7 years ago

Is it Friday yet? Cannot wait for our weekly updates!

#2318 7 years ago

I'm in from the start! always a great way to start the weekend!
Lou
PS: Canadians have the same shipping problem as you. Cost a fortune to get 5$ of stuff. Marco Spec is the cost shipping king. Now back to fun stuff!

#2319 7 years ago

Rosh,you snitch,you just had to tell on me.
Now pinball life is here too!

I have better things to do, I told you lots of folks read this thread, including guys who work at pinball life. I believe they actively monitor pinside so they can respond to questions or issues that get raised regarding pinball life.

#2320 7 years ago

I follow every post with excitement, but rarely chime in.

You guys rock and beers on me if you are ever stateside!

#2321 7 years ago

yeah, i think there are a lot of lurkers who dont post, but your machine is a joy to watch its progression, keep up the great work!

#2322 7 years ago

One of the silent majority here as well.

I love Pinball Life, I have ordered all the parts for my project form them so far. They ship accurate quality product quickly. Always easy to work with and a very professional comment makes me like and trust them with my business even more! keep up the good work!

Now, it will be nice to return to our regularly scheduled program in a couple days!

-Jim

#2323 7 years ago

One of your silent followers here....
Really Impressive work, this is -The- thread of Pinside.
Very good design ideas and also very nicely executed! Keep up the good work.
/Peter @ Sweden

#2324 7 years ago

What? All you people pass by here?
We did not know?
Aaah man...i was starting to feel like a jerk already today about the pinball life discussion and now i know so many people watch i am just embarrased.

Guys i already apologised to Rosh and i am sorry if i offended anyone else.

I see people fighting in every topic on pinside and we just want this to be a cosy happy topic.
Next thing loads of complete strangers (at least we thought...)start posting angry stuff and messing up our happy minion topic.
It felt like the angry mob finally discovered our topic.

I posted a comment which was actually my inner voice:"ah man...why not $20 on the box...damn...".
But my inner voice slipped into the topic.
Stupid,sorry.
Hope we have an awesome friday update and we can forget about it.

Bas

IMG_1974 (resized).JPGIMG_1974 (resized).JPG

#2325 7 years ago

IMG_0489 (resized).JPGIMG_0489 (resized).JPG

#2326 7 years ago

When the topic gets derailed...

gif.gifgif.gif

#2327 7 years ago

As a matter of fact, that gif would make an awesome match sequence on the display. The green "fog" would instead be a number, but would be kind of wavy to show the resemblance of gas.

#2328 7 years ago

I don't come in regularly... but do when the topic exceeds 100ish posts. That way I see the progress is a bing-watchy-manner.
Keep it on the rails guys!

#2329 7 years ago

Awesome work guys. I'm very impressed with how you get stuff done. I can't wait to see the artwork on the playfield, then it will start looking from a hobby project to a real pin really fast. I don't mean anything negative by that either, it was already great the way it was!

See you on tomorrow!

#2330 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

As a matter of fact, that gif would make an awesome match sequence on the display. The green "fog" would instead be a number, but would be kind of wavy to show the resemblance of gas.

On 128x32 you would only see two blurry moving objects.
It is crazy hard to put animation on the dmd?
But i study mpf every day and in the end i will get the hang of it.
We'll make it cool.

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Keep it on the rails guys!

We will john!

Quoted from FreeBee:

I can't wait to see the artwork on the playfield, then it will start looking from a hobby project to a real pin really fast.
See you on tomorrow!

Yeah me too,the waiting for friday gets harder and harder.
This fase is real difficult but now it starts to transform into a real pin,i feel that too,the pizza stained particle wood playfield keeps it in the amateur corner.

Did you guys know it has been a 15 months road already?

#2332 7 years ago

I don't always write stuff but this is my favourite Pinside topic and always the one I read first. Really hope you
guys get this beauty done in time for the DPO in November!

#2333 7 years ago

Another question:
Who are all you people?

I'm another invisible follower of this topic ! You're my favorite thread I'm going also to build my own pinball (humm, I will try!), and you're a great source of inspiration and motivation !

GO GO GO !!!!

#2334 7 years ago

If the machine goes to an event and 300 people play it in a day,it has to be able to handle that.

8 months since I was on Pinside ... this has moved on nicely
Does the above say "it has to withstand DPO 2017 abuse" ?

#2335 7 years ago

I keep hearing these horror stories about international shipping costs. I ship internationally quite a bit (ramps) and USPS works great for me, however I avoid all the "Priority" modes and just ship regular mail. Provided the sum of the length, width and height of the package do not exceed 36", the package can be sent regular mail. For small packages where no dimension is greater than 12", a package weighing 8 oz or less, the postage to the UK is $13.50. Weighing around 1 lb goes for $22.50. The mail system has yet to lose one.

#2336 7 years ago

Looking forward to your next update. The work you guys have done on the backbox is truly creative and innovative and "outside the box." The playfield looks interesting as well - can't wait to see how you tie the artwork and theme into the shots and layout.

#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

This has nothing to do specifically with Pinballlife or Terry, although I do know the man, and think very highly of him as both a businessman and as a person, this is about you asking a business to commit perjury to multiple governmental agencies and across international lines, and for absolutely zero benefit to them, so you can save a few bucks, and then bad mouthing them on a public forum. You can certainly choose to break the law, I'm no saint either, and while you may choose to ask others to break the law on your behalf, I find it in appropriate to come on here and bitch that a business was not willing to lie for you, it is just bad form, at least in my book, clearly you view things differently.
Somehow I don't think Terry is going to lose sleep over losing your business. Although somehow I expect that when you need a part that he is the only one who has it, that you will change your tune and buy from him, and given that Terry is a good guy, I suspect he will still be willing to sell to you.

Talk about looking for a place to pick a fight. The guy is entitled to his perception - he shared the facts and you don't agree. Sheesh, move on...

#2338 7 years ago

I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to pickup parts in person at pinball life, and no joke nearly every time I check out I say "Are you sure you're charging me enough?". Shipping sucks in the US because of the demand from amazon, it's even worse overseas. It's the biggest reason why I tend to not sell on ebay internationally. Online shipping prices are less than in-store prices, and then if you're off on the weight and it jumps to the next tier, you could easily be out a few bucks, maybe even $20 (and there's already thin margins on the product you're selling).

I have friends that live in Australia, and they'll use a service in florida somewhere that's like a PO box, but it's really a crate. They shop online and have it sent there, and when it's full it ships out. That way they pay to ship multiple things all at once, and get a break on the tariff.

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

I don't always write stuff but this is my favourite Pinside topic and always the one I read first. Really hope you
guys get this beauty done in time for the DPO in November!

Quoted from Avatar:

8 months since I was on Pinside ... this has moved on nicely
Does the above say "it has to withstand DPO 2017 abuse" ?

Yes the minion machine will attend the Dutch Pinball Open.
We want to have it playing with the basic code,without hickups so everybody can have a go.
Everybody can beat the hell out of it so we can see what holds and what goes to pieces

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from grivin:

I'm another invisible follower of this topic ! You're my favorite thread I'm going also to build my own pinball (humm, I will try!), and you're a great source of inspiration and motivation !
GO GO GO !!!!

Well that would be the best thing happening,us 3 dudes motivating others to homebrew something.
If you need help,just PM us,it will save you a year of searching what works and what not.

#2341 7 years ago

well it's friday late afternoon here, looking forward to the art reveal......

#2342 7 years ago

were all looking forward to that! MOVE ALONG PLEASE- ENOUGH WITH THE CHIT CHAT.

#2343 7 years ago

a cousin who lives in Zevenbergen just sent me a pic of the conditions there - hopefully this doesn't slow you up tonight your time

holland (resized).jpgholland (resized).jpg

#2344 7 years ago

Yes the minion machine will attend the Dutch Pinball Open.
We want to have it playing with the basic code,without hickups so everybody can have a go.
Everybody can beat the hell out of it so we can see what holds and what goes to pieces

My Mediëval Castle played 436 !!!! games on the nfv clubhouse cw 2016 weekend.
I had to rescrew the castle gate on the playfield with stronger bolds and 1 right flipper fuse has blow.
It did play extremly wel.
So its going to be a real stress test on the Dutch EXPO 2017 for the Minions pinball.

Can't wait to play it.
Keep on the good works and don't drink to mutch hahahaha.

#2345 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a cousin who lives in Zevenbergen just sent me a pic of the conditions there - hopefully this doesn't slow you up tonight your time

Dude,look at my scooter!
It is crazy here!
Plowing my way home...hey...why am i the only one on a scooter?....aaaah i get it....i must be nuts
It is 16:40 over here,in 3 hours we can finally tool away again,man am i glad it is finally friday.

IMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPG

#2346 7 years ago

man that is bad..... then we have the opposite of estimate 40 deg C today

#2347 7 years ago

Friday!
Never noticed 223 people liked our topic,very cool !
Welcome to another crazy update!

IMG_1999 (resized).JPGIMG_1999 (resized).JPG

#2348 7 years ago

Dick attended too,gonna be awesome today.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2349 7 years ago

My daughter hammers out the last pins of the pop bumpers,the playfield has to be bare wood in order to drill/copy the holes.

IMG_1995 (resized).JPGIMG_1995 (resized).JPG

#2350 7 years ago

She is good in beating out the inserts too

IMG_1996 (resized).JPGIMG_1996 (resized).JPG

IMG_1997 (resized).JPGIMG_1997 (resized).JPG

There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.