(Topic ID: 135580)

We are building a minions pinball! updates every friday!

By pinballrockstar

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
EFC269AB-5D93-4B65-9165-9B267B75A0E0 (resized).jpeg
1426F57C-7247-41F7-A2A7-72235E9DC4BD (resized).jpeg
E3FF5C57-0180-42A0-9476-94350E201A68 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
39C08953-4D4C-4DD8-9C2A-6579B003BC45 (resized).jpeg
DB581720-F7B5-49C9-82E0-988BB31E3E40 (resized).jpeg
1D92915A-06EB-4DA2-B332-A474685CC5F2 (resized).jpeg
2C0097ED-F679-4B58-A149-5000649F3C25 (resized).jpeg
1C3AA014-8106-49B8-AE1D-9220A0F1F795 (resized).jpeg
24546761-41B3-49EB-856F-08D6845058D4 (resized).jpeg
D4A5A377-42FD-4AE8-ABFC-B28C11805526 (resized).jpeg
King Bob Smiling (resized).jpg
D304630B-9A83-4850-8C3E-81BFC1879C56 (resized).png
ED6F8516-386D-4FF0-AF06-43E3FA89FAF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.
#1 8 years ago

So an update on the minions pinball,me and my buddies decided to murder a John Popadiuk machine since the Zidware meltdown was so financially depressing for us and the pinball community.
We decided to make it a very happy pinball with happy little fellows.
We also chose World cup soccer because it is loaded with magnets and toys and because of the sort of dated feel of the soccer theme they are easy to come by for a reasonable price.
Ours has the most disguisting backbox you ever saw,swollen from moist and screws hold it together.
It does not matter because we are re-designing the bakbox in in a 3d house of Gru.
It will be running on P-ROC ofcourse.
If anybody could hand us anything ,even the smallest help/link/info on programming the software,we will be thankful.(please post ANYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT P-ROC,don't hesitate.)
It is a first real build after a succesful hyperpin build,which is obviously quite easy..
If you guys share some knowledge,we post fun updates and we build this thing together!
Let us together make this crappy,awful JPOP machine into something positive!

foto_1_4.jpgfoto_1_4.jpg

foto_1_5.jpgfoto_1_5.jpg

foto_2_3.jpgfoto_2_3.jpg

foto_2_4f.jpgfoto_2_4f.jpg

foto_4_3a.jpgfoto_4_3a.jpg

foto_5_1k.jpgfoto_5_1k.jpg

foto_3_4b.jpgfoto_3_4b.jpg

foto_3_5j.jpgfoto_3_5j.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Very cool. Looking forward to following this project.

#3 8 years ago

I hope you mean crappy condition as WCS is a great game.

#4 8 years ago

Go Rotterdam!

What printer did you use to produce the graphics?

#6 8 years ago

Awesome! Love the theme and the backbox and the concept! WCS is a great game to retheme for many reasons.

For software for the P-ROC, there are a few options, all free and open source.

I'm one of the creators of the Mission Pinball Framework (MPF). https://missionpinball.com/mpf/ It's a work-in-progress (and probably will be forever), but there's an active forum and all the features you need to get started are complete.

Pinsiders Mocean and Rosh have created an fork of pyprocgame (the default framework for the P-ROC) which adds support for HD LCD / color DMD displays. They have a skeleton game you can use to get up and running quickly. http://mjocean.github.io/PyProcGameHD-SkeletonGame/ With that you get the active forum with 6+ years of posts and history. Lots of projects have been built on this, dozens of which have been brought to various shows over the years.

There are a few others if you want something that's not based on Python (NetProcGame, and Rampant Slug), but probably MPF or PyProcGameHD would be what I'd suggest looking at first.

#7 8 years ago

Awesome, good luck!

#8 8 years ago

YOU GO NETHERLANDS!!!!

#9 8 years ago

this is gonna be a great read

#11 8 years ago

Watching with much interest

#12 8 years ago

Marked as a favorite, I can't wait to see this!

#13 8 years ago

Awesome! Great idea for a backbox design. Will there be any animation back there, or just display and some artwork?

#14 8 years ago

Contact Dennis v/d Pas for P-Roc questions.
He helped on The Matrix for Gerard.
Maybe even Zaza for some technical support.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#15 8 years ago

Thanks,awesome information ,brian madden and inkochnito!
My buddy works at the printing office so the artwork/decals are least of our worries.
We are indeed building the backbox in 3D and we will do some fun stuff with it(moving minions,interacting with modes)
We actually don't enjoy the wcs game and theme syco54645!
It has a nasty layout to our opinion,in the re-theme it has very good potential as the third flipper button with magna save is a cool feature to work with for example.
The spinning football is a cool mechanic and the goalie, then there is the magnetic ball lock,it is loaded with cool stuff.
But for now the horrible task to lable everything under the playfield and copie the bally flipper setup so we have a flipping whitewood that feels good.
Crazy amount of screws under that playfield by the way

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 8 years ago

And you obviously need an army of minions!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 8 years ago

Sure looks like a fun project, great theme and backbox is real cool.

Quoted from Inkochnito:

Maybe even Zaza for some technical support.

well..., so once in awhile I am in Rotterdam, happy to visit when in the neighborhood and maybe I can mean something for you.

#19 8 years ago

Leuk thema, zet hem op.
Laat je niet gek maken door andere mensen.
Ga ik zeker volgen als favoriet.
Succes.

#20 8 years ago

This is gonna be amazing!
Going to show my kids tonight. They'll be screaming for one of these pins for Christmas!
Well done guys.

#21 8 years ago

Never understood why people on the forum kept saying they wanted a minions pinball. The movie is pretty good but I didn't make a connection to pinball.

With that said, that backbox looks awesome. I'm very interested to see how this comes out.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Never understood why people on the forum kept saying they wanted a minions pinball. The movie is pretty good but I didn't make a connection to pinball.

It's a cool family friendly theme that is pretty much a blank slate as far as gameplay and the story line that's told during a pinball game. If you base anything off of the recent Minions movie, the minions have existed throughout history. "All of history" is a pretty big bucket to pull ideas from.

#23 8 years ago

I see a lot of potential here. Let me know if I can be of any help

#24 8 years ago

My kids would love a Minions pin!! I think it's a cool theme.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a cool family friendly theme that is pretty much a blank slate as far as gameplay and the story line that's told during a pinball game. If you base anything off of the recent Minions movie, the minions have existed throughout history. "All of history" is a pretty big bucket to pull ideas from.

Exactly,the modes will be based on minions in medieval times,napoleon,prehistoric times etc.
Then there are the charachters like Lucy,El Macho and Vector from part 1 and 2.
We want to mix this up a little so the machine has all the characters in it.

#26 8 years ago

Following with great interest.

Moge je pilsje altijd klein zijn en je koffer vol met geld. Proost!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Exactly,the modes will be based on minions in medieval times,napoleon,prehistoric times etc.
Then there are the charachters like Lucy,El Macho and Vector from part 1 and 2.
We want to mix this up a little so the machine has all the characters in it.

Love it!

#28 8 years ago

Right on, this is awesome

#29 8 years ago

Here's the pin they had in the lair. "Minion Invaders," if you're looking for some art direction. Did anyone see it sell on Craigslist back in 2010?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 8 years ago

Do you have the rights to use the Minions? Don't get into the same mess that the Predator people got into.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Do you have the rights to use the Minions? Don't get into the same mess that the Predator people got into.

I don't think they have any laws over there.

#32 8 years ago

Obviously a one-off, not to be sold.

#33 8 years ago

How deliciously appropriate...you "murder" a JPop game and put "Despicable me" on it!

#34 8 years ago

Minions have that Three Stooges Vaudeville appeal. Cast them as builders, musicians, farmers, astronauts, soldiers, golfers, ghost hunters, doctors, Olympians, or anything and it's funny. The animation and mode ideas are limitless. Good luck with this great theme!

the-three-stooges.jpgthe-three-stooges.jpg

#35 8 years ago

I posted this on Spooky's facebook page

#36 8 years ago

Stern? Are you listening? Fun theme for all ages?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

At this point,we are building a prototype for home use,if you stay in the hobby zone,all is cool.
We know as a fact that this license will be around $250.000.
Nevertheless when ready,Gary Stern will contact us for sure...as even a blind monkey can see we are on a quest for awesomeness.

#38 8 years ago

So - will you be able to publish your build plans so others can make their own machine?

#39 8 years ago

What an Amazing Project!

Thrilled that you guys will be taking the time to share!!!!!

#40 8 years ago

At this point,we are building a prototype for home use,if you stay in the hobby zone,all is cool.
We know as a fact that this license will be around $250.000.
Nevertheless when ready,Gary Stern will contact us for sure...as even a blind monkey can see we are on a quest for awesomeness.

lol

#41 8 years ago

All kind of great things are going on in Rotterdam at the moment.
Super guys, nice theme my grandson is a great fan of them and of pinball offcourse.
Well i'm gonna keep watching this topic and hope i can play it someday.

#42 8 years ago

You should defiantly make the football into a spinning minion with the sound effect to go with it!
Bidibidibidibidiwhiiii!

This looks so awsome!
Make a kit for it

Axl

#43 8 years ago

Ther are now 2 dutch guy's (teams) that use a wcs pinball for a conversion.
Prices go up for it.

#44 8 years ago

hiding this thread from my kids, stat!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

You should defiantly make the football into a spinning minion with the sound effect to go with it!
Bidibidibidibidiwhiiii!
This looks so awsome!
Make a kit for it
Axl

Not a football. Its a soccer ball

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Bidibidibidibidiwhiiii!
This looks so awsome!
Make a kit for it
Axl

Sounds more like the robot from Buck Rogers

#47 8 years ago

great idea, will be following this thread with great interest, good luck..

#48 8 years ago

Oh heck yeah! I have to subscribe to this!

Chris

#49 8 years ago

So an update on the minions pinball,me and my buddies decided to murder a John Popadiuk machine since the Zidware meltdown was so financially depressing for us and the pinball community.

Triple irony bonus points... both for choice of machine AND the foam core mock-up.

Like what I am seeing with the proposed backbox. That's gonna kick ass!

#50 8 years ago

This is going to be kick ass. I looking forward to seeing the progress of this. I do hope it works out and these go up for sale somehow.

There are 5,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.