IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#938 1 year ago

I enjoy being in the club with a CE.

I cranked up the flipper power and the pin plays very well although the right side is a drain monster for me.

Unfortunately my Duke wheel topper came slightly scuffed. Has anyone had any experience in replacing it? I thought I would ask before I start tearing it apart. JJP sent me the replacement wheel but no instructions on how to replace.

Thanks for any help.

2 weeks later
#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Thanks for the replies to the requested tweaks.
I tightened the leg rails - I think my installer was timid with the insanely gorgeous powder coat. Need some protective washers and I would tighten them further.
I have increased the saucer eject and it rattles a bit more but bounces back to the rail for a decent feed to the flipper. I also jacked up the flipper power about five points.
What power setting works for eject and upper flipper for people?
Also, I cannot get my plunge to make it up the ramp ever- not once. I loosened and retightened the plunger trying to make sure it was straight. The ball rattles a little and just makes it to the ramp area and goes about an inch up and then falls back. The auto-plunge barely makes it up.
I have slow motion videos of the ball being plunged and going around rail to ramp, but I don’t know how to upload the video. I may keep trying on another post.
I had also asked about the length of the upper flipper in a previous post and it is 2.1” without the rubber. (If anyone cares to know). I wanted to know because of my love of the Precision metal flippers and bushings that I have bought for my other games. They look amazing and help with accuracy of shots (which I can really use). They have 2” and 2 1/4” flippers that I was going to try.
Thanks for any advice on ideal saucer eject/upper flipper strength settings and ideas on how to make my plunge work. Maybe a stronger spring? I know I’ve had the wrong colored spring on some of my Sterns that needed to be corrected, but this spring has no color.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I felt my manual plunge was weak as well. I changed it out to an orange spring and now I have plenty of power. Sorry I can't help with the other issues.

#1085 1 year ago

Does anyone know how the side rail lights are attached to the playfield? It seems like just a couple of screws underneath like normal side rails, however after I loosen all of them, I still can't lift up the side rail lights. It's almost like they are glued down to the playfield.

Can anyone share their expertise?

3 weeks later
#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i have no errors, but have never seen the duke topper animation and can make the shot fairly consistently, does one need to make the duke ramp so many times to qualify the topper animation?

I think my Duke rotates on the topper everytime I make the Kaboom shot. I have to look up immediately or else I miss it.

1 month later
#1745 1 year ago

Just installed the slinky dog mod. Makes the right side much more interesting for me.

#1760 1 year ago

Turned on my CE today and got a 'check topper switch #d161, Duke wheel flag opto (stuck closed).

I ran the Duke wheel flag opto in test to see if it would clear and it did not. Any suggestions?

The wheel works fine in the game.

Thanks!

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stuck closed means not used recently. Tests - Switches - Matrixed - climb up there and block the optos to see if they register on the screen.
I/O board in the head - look around the edges. Be sure a connector isn't loose or off.
LTG : )

So I pulled off the casing this morning and here is what I found... The opto is placed too far back from the wheel. The opto will never be triggered by the turning of the wheel.

I am thinking about taping some paper to lengthen what would normally break the opto signal.

Thoughts?

20221213_091902 (resized).jpg20221213_091902 (resized).jpg
#1764 1 year ago

Got it! Thanks! LTG ls1chris

4 weeks later
#1975 1 year ago

I spent a big part of the day trying to create my own custom shooter rod plate. I am less than a newbie when it comes to this stuff. So much trial and error.

Finally got the print I had envisioned after hours of frustration. As I went to install it, I realized my CE has the Pixar Ball as the shooter rod already. I feel like a total idiot. Learned a lot, but totally dejected.

20230110_223020 (resized).jpg20230110_223020 (resized).jpg
#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

That is a great looking print and a good looking design.
Being as you said you are learning, here are just some 3D printing tips that you can either use or ignore. I'm assuming you're swapping out filaments mid print being as there looks to be some yellow under the ball. At that point, if I made this, I'd just print the ball separately and glue it to the plate later. It'll becomes obvious to people when every layer is clearly a certain color.
You also figured out how to cut a star from the circle, but you didn't fill it in. To do this. Take a copy of the half ball from before you cut the star out. Then line up the half ball with the star and the half ball without, using the ball with the star as a negative, and cut that out the other half ball shape. This will leave you with a red star to fill the void. You'll have to scale that stars x and y down a few percent so that you have enough room to fit it into the other piece.
Being as the pixar ball isn't much of an option on the CEs, you could consider the Toy Story logo. Or maybe an Alien from thingiverse.

I appreciate the tips. I actually thought it would be cooler if the redness of the star came from the red backdrop. It was a creative design decision. Haha

But if I want to fill it with a red star... After printing it, are you suggesting that I just glue the star into the my current star void? Do I need anything to make the transition smoother from the yellow of the ball to the red of the star?

Thanks for your help.

1 month later
#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I’m not a big mod person but I wanted to add more of the figurines to the playfield. I ordered a set and really like the look of them. I 3D printed the discs for Jessie and Bullseye, Hamm fit perfectly tight in that spot above the left target, and held down Slinky Dog and Duke with Blue Tack as to avoid using super glue. I can’t find a good spot for Rex to fit yet which is a bummer.
Deluxe Figurine Set - https://a.co/d/5hCRGGa
Slinky Dog - https://a.co/d/jkY6Czf
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Can you please share the stl file for the bases?

1 month later
#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?
[quoted image]

Loganpinball

I have one and it's awesome!

8 months later
#3016 3 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Just had my most insane ball 1 ever. 18M (3.5M bonus), got 6 of 8 wheel awards, 1Eab with 1 lined up, all MMATC solid except 1.
Started the ball with unlimited kickback which was huge.
I completely shit the bed on carnival mb. Collected all the characters before going in and the last one gave me unlimited looping, which I had no idea what it was and still don’t. Kind of got distracted trying to figure out what that does. Anybody know?
I was trying to go into the mb with the multiplier wheel award but didn’t line it up. Still left though so could be huge going into MMATC.
My machine is setup standard but I do have precision flippers and it’s making quite a difference for me, that just being mindful of not spinning the wheel as much is giving me a deeper sense of control in this gaming.
Realizing there is more depth here if you really understand how to line it up and better flippers (IMO).
Also still working towards that elusive take a chance multiball I’ve only got to once!
Gotta take a break. Will let you all know how bad I suck on the next 4 balls. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have never seen the 'TAKE A CHANCE' screen. How do you get to it?

#3019 3 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

46M. 2 balls left. Got to take a chance with 2x and road trip and somehow only!?! scored 3.5M in the mode. Thought it would be more since I got the super jackpot, which is the bonus shot in the mini pinball machine.
Take a chance MB is unlocked at the scoop after collecting all 8 items on the wheel. If you thought this game was chaotic at times as is, get to this mode. It’s insane. It’s all the wheel modes at once (kind of like tour the mansion and the final mode in twilight zone) but even better because the super jackpot is hitting the scoop on the mini pinball machine.
Only bo peep left to get to MMATC for the 2nd time in 1 game, which I’ve never done.
[quoted image]

I have always just tried collecting all the characters and never focused on the wheel. Now I got a new focus. Thx!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.