IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

Will there be foam blocks or wedges that need to be removed from above/below the playfield before turning it on for the first time?

Page 8 in the manual will help you.

You can download it here : https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/Toy_Story_4_Manual_1_0_May_2022.pdf

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from Pollack420:

My right flipper doing the same, been sticking too.

Check the return spring. If that is fine see video to adjust gap using flipper gap spacer thing, or a business card or something similar.

Quoted from Pollack420:

lso my lock bar feels really flimsy.

If it's loose, the two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver can be screwed in or out as needed to tighten or loosen the lockdown bar.

Former jjp tech : LTG : )

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was going to set up scorebit and Wi-Fi downloading

Go into Utilities - USB Update. Select WiFi channel and set your password. Then you can update software via WiFi if an update is available.

#205 1 year ago

Nothing there to choose

Please try Utilities - Network Settings. And do you have 1.05 in your game, the latest download from the website.

I don't have a game to check ( thanks jjp ) so maybe it isn't in there yet ?

#230 1 year ago

Take it off the game to do anything so you don't hurt the cabinet.

Stick it in a vice, grab a hammer, and whack heck out of it.

Most likely happened in transit. Hit a bump and weight of playfield mucked it up a bit.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

ended up unplugging wifi usb to do it,

That is what you do. Or use a spare USB port on the motherboard.

If you have a hub on the USB cable by the cashbox, for more that one USB thing, you could have plugged it into that. On my game I have a USB hub plugged into the USB cable by the cashbox, and the WiFi and Bluetooth dongles plugged into the hub, and the hub still has an empty port for updates.

LTG : )

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

but didn’t see the same on the TS4.

I'm sorry. Not having a TS4 I didn't know the USB cable was left out by jjp.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

anything else I could try before I go to JJP?

First I would look over each EOS switch. Check for a broken wire. Especially if two black wires go to one lug.

Then check continuity of the black wires to J601 pin one. That is the common ground for them. Since three are not working, I'd concentrate on that wire.

1 week later
#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Has it added anything significant or changed the rules in anyway?

Check out the change log - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/ts4_changelog.txt

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

2 weeks later
#508 1 year ago
Quoted from johnpaulstein:

Everyone is talking about the left diverter ramp switch. Mine is throwing an error. Where exactly is this switch? I can’t find it.

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed , and then hit the Start button. This puts up the playfield map and the error switch should pop up as a red box, to show you where it is.

Call jjp and get Butch and LTG : ) Back.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from johnpaulstein:

What about tapping power?

Spot lights. Coin door lights.

Call jjp tell them to get LTG : ) Back.

1 week later
#583 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Anyone know the best way to adjust this easily?

Assuming the brackets on the end of the playfield that hook into the lockdown bar receiver are straight up and down and not bent. Inside the cabinet three screws secure the shooter rod assembly. Loosen them and move the shooter rod assembly to a position that the shooter rod tip hits the center of the ball and doesn't touch the auto fire blades.

Then call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) Back

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from Ediblebard:

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do?

Pull and check fuse F701 with a meter.

#624 1 year ago

Too cool.

Even though it is on the fuse stream to the three fuses that don't have their LEDs lit.

So either F701 is bad, or you lost 70 volts, which isn't likely since fuses F707 and F708 have their LEDs lit.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Peel Butch Peel

Hand down greatest manual man there is. ( with CGC now )

Sadly, once a company dumps on him, I doubt he'd ever go back.

LTG : (

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

Where is the switch or sensor for the right ramp?

Go to Tests - Switches Matrixed - Single Switch Test scroll through them to find it, hit Enter and it should light up on the playfield picture on the screen.

Call jjp and tell them you really miss LTG : )

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there supposed to be a gap here

Yes. Gravity holds it down so it's level with the playfield. So there can be a little play.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips?

It's a screw. Hold the record and unscrew it. Add a washer or two, to lessen the gap, but don't make it tight, it's won't spin.

#721 1 year ago

Question for Toy Story owners.

When credits roll by in attract mode. Is LTG : ) still on the list, usually last ?

I don't have the game to check. I appreciate if anyone knows.

Thank you,

#724 1 year ago

Thank you for checking. I appreciate your help.

Wow. They were thorough in getting rid of me.

Since others were on previous games that weren't even with the company, I thought they'd leave me.

So much for always being like family.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

I’m sorry Lloyd…..I was unappreciated and treated poorly for 26 years from an employer. Then they closed and moved to Mexico. One more smack in the face, I lost my 30 and out retirement. Instead of an asset many employees are treated as a liability by their employer. Dirt bags!

Yes it's a hard lesson to learn. Get told he hoped I'd be with the company a long time. I guess a long time is a year and a half. I was loyal to the last second. Told I will always be like family. Never received something I was promised by three people.

At least I'm still me, and always will be. And I'm happy being me. Making my little corner of pinball better.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At the end of the day Lloyd , I'm sure everyone here on Pinside appreciates your advice and help .

Thank you my friend !

Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry it hasn't worked out the way you would have liked .

It may have. Things always seem to work out for the best.

3 weeks later
#961 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

They are a flexible rubber. Nothing to really break.

Like the trunk on Theatre of Magic, or the pirate ship on Stern's Pirates ?

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Mark your calendars now and come hang out with us and win something.

Might have to watch this. See my old team mates.

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Any suggestions how I can fix it

Playfield hangers straight up and down, top not bent towards front of game ?

Have you loosened the three screws holding the plunger assembly and move down a tiny bit ?

If you've done all that. I'd take a couple washers and put one under each hanger bracket where it rests on the lockdown bar receiver. This would raise the playfield up a tiny bit.

1 week later
#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

1. What is the correct incline level? My delivery setup guy (who has delivered and set up most of my games) put it together and said both front and back should be screwed flat. I checked and it is @ 7.0 incline.

I like 6 1/2 degrees on most of my games. ( I don't have a TS ) this will help you - https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

2. The plunge cannot make it up the ramp to the wireform no matter how hard I try.

Is the plunger hitting the center of the ball ? Inside the cabinet you can loosen the three screws holding the plunger assembly and move it around a bit and then retighten it.

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

but this machine will tilt with the slightest effort. I don’t think it is the tilt. I’ve never seen this much movement in a machine. Tighten leg bolts? Remove tilt bob?

Is the tilt bob centered in the ring it moves in and as low as it can go ? You could remove the tilt bob too and see if it helps. Other possibilities is remove one wire from the tilt assembly, wrap it up so it doesn't short to anything. It will come up in error, so you might turn off the red dot and warning noise in settings when you power up the game.

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

3. The Woody saucer will eject the ball and bounce of the rail which makes the little flipper unable to hit the ball.

You might check in Settings - Coils, see if you can turn the power down a little for that coil. Again I don't have the game to check.

Don't forget to let jjp know to get LTG : ) back.

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Also, I cannot get my plunge to make it up the ramp ever- not once. I loosened and retightened the plunger trying to make sure it was straight. The ball rattles a little and just makes it to the ramp area and goes about an inch up and then falls back. The auto-plunge barely makes it up.

If the ball rattles, what ever is hitting it isn't hitting it square/dead center.

#1075 1 year ago

In your video, the auto launch - in the picture. The right wing looks a little toed in.

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Just opened my CE, was there suppose to be lighting in the back box?

Page 78 in the manual. 17 51-100238-00 ASSEMBLY, EMI SHIELD LID W/ LED STRIP, 2021 MOBO

LED strip looks like lights. Check connector to it and where it goes to. Maybe unplugged.

I don't have a game to check so can't help further.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I wish I had someone from JJP here to help tweak.

I wish I was still tweaking for jjp too.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Unfortunately my game didn't come with a signature card or the acrylic instructions.

Go through all the cardboard and wrappings.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

the spinning wheel , has anyone shimmed a side to get the mech to sit flush? mine is "mostly" flush , except to the left side , closest to the ball lock is

I don't have one to check. If possible like the turntable/bookcase on Addams. I'd try that.

Former jjp tech guy.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Check the opto board under the wheel. It may have come loose during shipping. If its not in the right position the plastic pieces on the bottom of the wheel don't break the opto beams.

Should be a device test in there. See what it is doing there.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from mdclips:

My LE already had bluetooth when I received it. Why would I add a dongle? It was working until a couple software updates.

Don't. Let jjp know about the update issue.

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Not sure what else it can be.

Clean the optos.

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

but I do get a tech alert a lot so something must be going on.

If the wheel doesn't spin because of the spinner. Work on the spinner. Check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed - roll a ball though it. Make it more sensitive if need be.

LTG : ) Former jjp something.

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I mean here...

Bend the metal flap a little in the direction of the red arrow.

c4f29ee90db542ac6d3d7fc18f88d3c76c68a7ed (resized).jpgc4f29ee90db542ac6d3d7fc18f88d3c76c68a7ed (resized).jpg
#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

What the heck is a FENNEL CAKE?

Made with Fennel. Tastes like licorice or anise. See the picture behind the word with the white bulb and 5 things growing out of it.

#1220 1 year ago

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - any errors, things opening and closing, or closed that should be open. Flagged in red if an issue.

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Any idea what I need to be looking for ??

LED/PFC board. With the game turned off. Reseat cables to it and push them in tight. Check where they go in backbox to and be sure the other ends are in tight.

I don't have a game here or I'd send you pictures.

LTG : ) Former jjp tech guy.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

LED/PFC board.

I'd guess it is hanging from the bottom of the playfield somewhere. Manual doesn't help.

1 week later
#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I cannot get my CE connected to the internet.

On the screen can you see WiFi networks to choose from ?

If not I suspect no dongle. Check the board inside the coin door on the left.

At Expo let jjp know you miss me.

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Everybody at Expo tell Jack to get Lloyd a TS4 and bring him back into the support team!While at the JJP presentation everyone should chant Lloyd Lloyd Lloyd!!!

Thank you. We need this on every jjp thread on Pinside. And the Expo thread too.

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Get LTG : ) back so he has one to check and can help.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Get Butch back, they aren't in the friggen manual. One dedicated switch matrix or map of location.

Since it's dedicated, and stuck closed. I wouldn't suspect a broken wire. I'd find the optos involved, and try and figure out what triggers them and why it's not working. Stuck, closed, not plugged in, broken wire, type of stuff.

Sorry I don't have more help for you.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

Do you understand that you can open the coin door, push a few buttons and it will show you what switch to look at, and even show where it is located in the machine?

Not sure the collector edition topper switches are in the programming so you can see it on the screen. I assume playfield switches are, like older jjp games.

No picture of the locations in the manual either. Matrixed or dedicated.

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Butch ain't coming back, that train has left the station and he's being awesome for another company now.

Me too. Choo Choo.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Does your Duke Kaboom "jump" on the topper occasionally like it's supposed to?

That's a good start. Does it move freely ? Check wiring at it and also go over connectors on I/O board. Maybe something loose or off, or never got plugged in.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

It is also crazy annoying that every time I turn the machine on it shows the error.

Until you figure it out. In settings you can turn off the alert and red dot on the screen.

When you open the coin door and hit the enter button, it will come up there. Along with any others.

#1333 1 year ago

I saw your reason for edit.

You can't post video on Pinside. You can put it somewhere like Youtube and then post the link on Pinside.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i emailed "Ken" at JJP and he just replied back with pics how to fix it, easy fix , just swap connectors. surprised to have a reply on a sunday.

Not surprising for Ken. He works remotely nearly every day around the clock. Like I used to.

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Anyone know if JJP added the Equalizer to their GnR beta? It seems like a no brainer…

According to the GNR thread it's in there in Beta 23, and it's up to Beta 30.

#1384 1 year ago

Anyone know if JJP added the Equalizer to their GnR beta? It seems like a no brainer…

Quoted from LTG:

According to the GNR thread it's in there in Beta 23, and it's up to Beta 30.

It's in Utilities - Graphic Equalizer in GNR.

#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

What can I do ?

Reseat the HDMI connector to it and at the motherboard. If the motherboard has a video card on it, reseat it too. ( I don't have one to check ) Be sure they are in tight.

If that doesn't help, new HDMI cable next.

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Best advice would be to stop staring at it and start nudging.

Be sure game is level side to side. Playfield pitch at least 6 1/2 degrees.

If problem persists, check coil strength in Settings - Coils. Make one side a tiny bit weaker.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Whats the difference between a flashing scene complete vs a solid scene complete?

One is flashing and one isn't.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Uummm... haha, but why?

Sorry, not having the game I don't know. I was hoping a little humor would bring you some better answers.

#1431 1 year ago

See the red arrows. They point to the RIGHT ORBIT. See the yellow circle. That is where the switch is sticking up through the playfield.

Be sure it moves up and down freely and is centered in the slot in the playfield it travels in. And not stuck down.

Under the playfield you can loosen the screws holding the bracket to the underside to turn left or right if needed.

Test in Tests - Switches - Matrixed.

If a ball doesn't trigger it. Turn the game off. See the switch picture - black arrows point to where you bend it a tiny bit. That is the arm of the switch. I'd remove it from the playfield to make adjusting easier, if needed. A tweak or two should do it.

Disclaimer : Not being with jjp anymore I can't provide and under the playfield picture.
30314ac22972b6c6ae1566c23bc58b66b8a50cf9 (resized).jpg30314ac22972b6c6ae1566c23bc58b66b8a50cf9 (resized).jpgswitchadjust (resized).JPGswitchadjust (resized).JPG

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Easier fix than I thought !

Good job. You are learning. As time goes by and your knowledge and skill increases. There will come a time in the future when you can help others.

Please do so. That helps keep pinball alive.

#1438 1 year ago

Sorry but I’m not seeing any zip ties anywhere close enough to that gate to keep it open…at least not obvious in that photo…

The photo looks like after the fix.

#1441 1 year ago

Yes but OP refers to zip ties in photo but none appear to be near the gate..

I understand. But if the wires were pulled more towards the back, by the hole they go down in. It would be easy to snag the gate. A picture before hand would have helped. In case others have it happen.

Well… it’s fixed! That is good news for now

Right you are.

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I learned so much from LTG in my pinball formative years.

And you've paid back to pinball huge ! Thank you !

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

So it aeems a bit finicky and fragile…

It could be. I don't have one to check. Hopefully someone has done this and can help you.

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quick! Where does the topper plug in? Many thank yous in advance

I'm sorry I don't have one to check. And manual doesn't cover it.

Maybe search the Willy Wonka thread for connector pictures and see if your game has anything like that in the backbox ?

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Do you have a link or know dimensions of the rubber for the game?

Yes.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am trying to order a set but have no clue;

It's top secret. I could tell you but then you have to let jjp know to get LTG : ) Back !

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5770 You can order at the bottom of the chart.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Anyone having issues on the playfield screen showing up blank?

There must be an ethernet cable going to the B.A.G. board, or a mini USB cable to it. I'd start by reseating them and be sure they are pushed in tight.

#1477 1 year ago

Too much flipper power? I reset to factory settings, supposedly this resets coil power no?

Factory settings might be too strong.

Go into Settings - Coils - and lower them.

#1494 1 year ago

Has anybody figured why is the kickback so unreliable. I find it sometimes gets the ball but often times it does not.

Coil sleeve in the coil ? Thing that kicks the ball hitting the center of the ball ? Timing in adjustments right ?

I don't have one to check but you'd think it could be made better.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

ny ideas where it’s meant to go/what’s it’s meant to light up??

See picture posted in the gallery for this thread.

bba5ba7855d10aac176fd44daba7faaee756ca94 (resized).jpgbba5ba7855d10aac176fd44daba7faaee756ca94 (resized).jpg
#1524 1 year ago

How is that yellow figure attached to the bunny?

No idea. You'd have to ask who ever stuck it there.

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am brand new I don’t feel confident enough to do it on my own; but my tech is coming to fix a bunch of stuff Monday I’ll add this to the list as it will probably be an easy fix for him but take me hours to figure out … but yes you are correct I have no idea how to do this just gathering as much data and education possible

Understood. We all start some where.

This will help you know what to do.

See picture. It's not in the manual so I can't direct you there. I miss Butch. Ignore red arrow. See yellow arrows. They point to a screw at the bottom of the drop target assembly. Turning this raises or lowers the drop target. The top of it should be level with the playfield so balls don't get stuck there or bounce across it.

Easy couple minute fix. Your tech should get it right easily.

Call jjp and let them know to get Butch and LTG : ) back.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG
#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Where is the setting under settings for the auto plunge option ???

This from the manual :

Auto-Launch Timeout: specify whether the game will auto-launch a served ball from the shooter
lane, after a designated period of time or not.
30, 60, 90: 30, 60 & 90 second auto-lanch Default: OFF
OFF: never auto-launch a served ball

Flipper Auto-Launch: specify whether the flipper buttons can be used to launch a served ball into
play or not.
LEFT FLIPPER: left button launches ball Default: OFF
RIGHT FLIPPER: right button launches ball
EITHER FLIPPER: either button launches ball
BOTH FLIPPERS: both buttons, simultaneously pressed, launch ball
OFF: flipper buttons don't launch ball

Sorry I don't have a game to check in the game itself for any others.

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The easiest way to do so is to come in here with a flat head and turn slightly until the distance between the two contact points is reduced. You can do this with them still screwed in. And use a multimeter in continuity mode to test your work.

Make any adjustments as close to the fiberboard spacers between the leaf blades, so they stay put better. See red arrow near them.

It wouldn't hurt to put a piece of paper between the contacts and gently hold closed and pull the paper out to clean the contacts.

6e59077c9292e8967ea08a23883bfc2f2d8c4b52 (resized).png6e59077c9292e8967ea08a23883bfc2f2d8c4b52 (resized).png
#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Should I increase the plunge power ? If so what is the setting called(total newbie) and what should i set it to?

It's called Auto Launch - go to Settings - Coils - should be easy to find. Play with it, make it a little stronger. Repeat if it needs a little more.

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

My question to all of you is this, is this a problem with all TS4s? And, if so, why?

I don't have a game to check. Probably a spot where the wheel is indented for optos to read it.

Former jjp Tech

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

It's tiny, can barely see it.

And of course the wheel isn't in the manual.

Where or where has Butch gone ? ( onto bigger and better things )

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

However, as an armchair pinball designer, I think I would have come up with a better way to align it that didn’t involve notching it.

Similar to what Pat did with the wheel on No Good Gofers.

1 week later
#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i had to file down my housing so it would sit further down in the cabinet cutout to get mine to hit proper on the ball.

Quoted from thepinballworks:

I had to do this also on my CE.

Please check that the playfield hangers are straight up and down, not bent, thus leaving the playfield a little lower in the cabinet.

If that is good then file away.

#1758 1 year ago

was it hard to determine that it was too tight just by moving the switch with your finger/screw driver?

No. It would be slow or not move.

Loosen screw a tiny bit and it works better or snaps into place is the clue.

#1761 1 year ago

Stuck closed means not used recently. Tests - Switches - Matrixed - climb up there and block the optos to see if they register on the screen.

I/O board in the head - look around the edges. Be sure a connector isn't loose or off.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Plastic broke only about 70 games.
Also first time this has happened but left sling keeps firing. Leafs look spaced fine. Any ideas?

If you get a new plastic, get a protector under there.

Left sling - Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Let jjp know you miss LTG : )

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Do they make protectors for Toy Story in the back?

I don't know if anyone has made one, or may make one in the future.

If this is a common issue on this game, I'm sure someone will make a protector for it.

I'd make my own before sticking a new plastic on there.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueScoop:

My right slingshot is firing off randomly.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Then call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back for Christmas.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

I’ve used blue loctite and…its still wet,

Is this a metal screw into a metal post ? ( I don't have the game to check ) If so you'll need to clean the screw and threaded hole it goes into. Lacquer thinner, nail polish remover, etc. Something to clean out what ever is in there not letting the locktite set up and dry.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

Where is the WiFi dongle on Toy Story?

I don't have one to check. Thanks jjp

Look inside the coin door on the left wall of the cabinet, see if there is a board like on Guns & Roses, if so it would be on there.

If missing, check any packaging that came with the game, or inside coin box.

If you need one, look for this or ones like it :

https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can you disable tilt in the system menu?

Give more tilts.

I remove one wire from it and secure it so it doesn't short into anything. Then in settings turn off the alert and red dot. So the only thing that pops up is if you hit the enter button it will come up as an error because it hasn't been tilted. And other errors will be listed if you do this.

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

But the timing is off…ball ejects from Woody saucer

I don't have a game to check.

Any settings in the adjustments to help with this ?

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any settings in the adjustments to help with this ?

Does page 25 and 26 in the manual help ?

Calibrating sensor and test stuff.

#1877 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

LTG to the rescue?!!!!

I'd compare the diverter to the picture in the manual. Be sure it is assembled right. Spring or something slipped out of position type stuff. By hand be sure it moves freely. Not binding on playfield or plastics. And it's coil will tend to pull to a side, not straight up and down.

Bear in mind thanks to jjp I don't have a game to check.

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

So where does this little black rubber stopper go? Thanks.

Top front middle of apron. There is a hole there for it.

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I have a few questions does this game come with a manual when you buy it new ?

No. Download from the website. Which may at some point include updates a printed one won't have.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Should all the rubber be replaced like once per year?

I replace when worn, or holds a shape from around the posts and not round. Could be months, could be years. If game play changes or seems not as responsive, I'd do it then. Ends of flippers and rings that then ends take direct shots from flippers, keep an eye on for wear.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

does anyone recommend one?

I don't have the game. So can't help on that one, sorry.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

JJP please get LTG back!!!

Never happen. thank you though.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

What do I do to fix?

I'd inspect the bottom of the assembly under the playfield. Is there a screw there to raise or lower it so it's flush with the playfield ?

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) Back.

#1939 1 year ago

If resets return, remove the backglass and leave off. If they don't return you know it's a heat issue.

#1951 1 year ago

the camera does not work.

Still plugged in to camera and CPU ? Check in camera test in software.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i wonder why there is never any mention of Duncan Brown being he is at JJP.

They did when he started.

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thoughts how to fix?

Part that brakes the optos beam loose ?

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

hen I power in my TS CE it tells me to open the coin door and gives this message but still plays ok. Is this a bug?

No, your EOS switches aren't working.

First I'd quick look at ever flipper in your game under the playfield, and wire loose or broken off your end of stroke leaf blade switches on your flipper mechs ?

Then on the I/O board in the backbox, check if connector J601 is on tight.

In Tests - Switches - Dedicated - you can move the flipper bat up and see if the EOS registers on the screen.

Then call jjp on Monday and tell them to get LTG : ) back !

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

Since this is my first JJP I have another dumb question, I noticed the Translight lock doesn't really do anything. in either orientation I can still lift up on the glass and pull it out. Is this normal?

No. First thing I'd check is the lock in the back box. Does the correct key turn it ? Is the cam still on the end of the lock that would hold the backglass down ?

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiz71:

Hi all. We have a TS4 CE. I noticed something weird. In attract mode, the left lock post will trigger randomly (going down then back up). Has anyone seen this happen to theirs? Thanks in advance...

If a switch triggers it, I'd start there. Might need adjusting or cleaning or something.

Tests - Switches Matrixed might help. Look over error log for clues too.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiz71:

Not sure what type of switch it could be

In the switch matrix in the manual it appears to be a sensor.

#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

EOS errors are gone.. I guess I just needed to play a game for them to register.

Or go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and move the flipper bat back and forth.

1 week later
#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Having an issue with Gabby Gabby and she keeps popping up and down for no reason.

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, the optos on the assembly, are they working ? May need cleaning, or popped out of holder.

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Turning off and on fixed but still wandering what that was

Maybe the motherboard bios messed up. I wouldn't worry about it.

If it keeps happening, reseat power and data cables at monitor and where they come from.

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Does anyone know anything about the JJP stock coil stops and if they have the same reputation as the stern coil stops which people reccomends to change almost immediately

I haven't seen the same issues. In commercial use.

Williams DMD era coil stops work fine in jjp games.

Former jjp tech

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

And do replace the slingshots you have to remove the ramps correct?

I don't have the game to check. Left side no. Right side has a locknut to remove to slide the wireform over.

1 week later
#2159 1 year ago

Why did I read that in Larry the Cable Guy's voice ?

Disclaimer : Thank you !

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I’m having the plunge issue where the shooter rod only gets the ball around and up the ramp about 20% of the time. However, my shooter tip is not hitting the autoplunger that plagued a lot of users on here before, it’s also hitting the ball square so I’ve ruled those out.

The hangers that hook onto the lockdown bar receiver. Check if they are straight up and down. If bent from shipping, the playfield may be leaning enough forward to lessen the shooter rod impact.

Then watch carefully if the ball is hitting those screws. Bad for your shot, bad for the balls.

If the ball isn't hopping off the screws. Maybe a little more oomph on the shooter rod. Remove the long spring. Grab each in your hands. Give it a yank or two. This will make it a little stronger.

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

where did these parts come from?

Thumb screw hold coin mech in place on coin door. No idea on the other one.

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thumb screw hold coin mech in place on coin door.

Different game but same place.

DSC00498 (resized).JPGDSC00498 (resized).JPG
#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Any idea if that would just be new screws or a full replacement of that transition metal piece?

Sorry. i don't have a game to check and offer a solution.

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Any idea if that would just be new screws or a full replacement of that transition metal piece?

Are the holes in the transition piece counter sunk ? Or could be counter sunk a little more ?

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

3rd pic is TS4 down the lane and highlights the issue.

Looks like the area in front of the metal transition piece is getting hit too. Before the screws.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

any suggestions?

Try increasing playfield pitch a little.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

what is the best way to adjust these?

See picture. Red line - try and keep that area straight so as not to effect the tiny knob the switch arm presses in to the switch body. See green arrow, bend forward away from the switch body at that point. Just a little.

Or, if you have any fiber board spacers used in leaf blade switches laying around. Screw holes on switch frame are the same spacing, stick one of the fiberboard spacers between the switch frame and playfield, then screw it back in. That spaces it perfectly. See picture of leaf blade switch. Ignore arrows. Between the two leaf blades are fiberboard spacers I'm posting about.

At TPF let jjp know to get LTG : ) back !

DSC00173 (resized).JPGDSC00173 (resized).JPGPinside_forum_7417673_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7417673_0 (resized).jpg
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I need some quick help LTG to rescue; I’m on location just cleaned game put in new balls abd flippers ;

I accidentally added 20 credits

Any way to get rid of credits ?

Go into Full Menu - bottom one Resets - in there reset credits. Follow instructions on the screen.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

While I have experts here when I changed slingshot rubber it altered leaf switch ; half ppl tell me adjust from top ; other half say adjust fro bottom lol

I’ve got the special tool

Turn game off. From top stick your tool as far down in as you can. From bottom remove screws, lower leaf blade, adjust as close to the fiberboard spacers at the bottom of the leaf blades as you can. Put it back in.

Pull the rubber ring around to get even tension on all sides. The long front leaf blade should just be touching the rubber ring not pushing it. The shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it but vibration doesn't. A tweak or two should do it.

I prefer from the bottom. That way the leaf blade stays put, doesn't work it's way but into where is had been. And less chance of bending the leaf blades all to heck.

Bear in mind I don't have toy Story or their next pin. So what I can help with may be limited.

#2205 1 year ago

I don't have one to check. I'd look at the whole assembly underneath the playfield. Any chance It could be bent a tiny bit to line up a bit better ?

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

The coil locks down and the other coil releases it.

Does it work in coil test or device tests - Gabby ?

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Just curious - are the spinners optical?

Page 86 in the manual shows Assy Flat Rail Spinner has an opto.

Matrix Switch Table in the manual shows two opto spinners.

3 weeks later
#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I'm not sure what other adjustment options I have

Since I'm not with jjp anymore and I don't have the game to check, I can't help you.

Maybe someone with the game can help.

1 week later
#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Guess I’ll have to wait for my tech

You can fix it in a day.

Get a simple soldering iron like this - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/sra-soldering-products/AO469/10709908?utm_adgroup=General&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_DK%2BSupplier_SRA%20Soldering%20Products&utm_term=&utm_content=General&gclid=CjwKCAjwrJ-hBhB7EiwAuyBVXUALKrT-FbAi7PYkjNfeemYdSRZmna6cNHY_YZFE6pQ2_829eEnEOxoCpQIQAvD_BwE or cheaper available irons near you.

Get some solder ( preferably with lead ) and scrap wire. And a wire cutter to also use as a wire stripper.

Youtube has lots of short how to videos on soldering. Learn to heat a joint and flow solder. A little practice at a table. In 15 minutes or less you'll be darn near a pro.

Then turn your game of. And fix that wire.

Easy peasy lemon squeezee.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is that all right until I fix the coil?

Yes. ( I don't have the game to check. One coil is probably up, the other locks or unlocks to hold up or drop Gabby )

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m going to wait for the real tech to come next week;

At this point probably a good idea.

You can still pick up stuff and practice on your own. Not hard, easy to master.

1 week later
#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

So finally they let players opt-out of having the game keeping their photos at game over? Oh, I guess not. But they should.

I don't have the game to check.

Did they take it out ? Other jjp games with a camera all you have to do is hold the right flipper button in when you hit the start button.

Or disable it in settings or put a piece of tape over it.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

My drop target is not flush with the playfield when down so it creates a divot that traps a ball until ball search knocks it out.

Quoted from phill2cb:

doesn’t seem like mine can go up or down anymore with the turn of that nut. Anything you see differently?

That bracket has changed. The old one had a screw to raise or lower the drop target. See picture of one from WOZ.

The metal part that rests on the bracket. See red arrow pointing to it. That would need to be higher or lower so drop target sets flush with playfield. Washers, spacers, something. I'd be tempted to drill a hole in the bracket right below it, thread it for a machine screw. And put a nut on the screw and then screw it into the bracket and adjust as needed and then tighten the nut up.

IMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPGPinside_forum_7535951_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7535951_0 (resized).jpg
#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Anything you see differently?

Did yours have a screw and a nut fall out of the bracket below that metal piece ? In your pictures I can't tell if there is a threaded hole there or not.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Your E clip is bent and not allowing the target to go all the way down.

See red arrow pointing to it.

Pinside_forum_7535951_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7535951_1 (resized).jpg
#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I'll post both sides of one from WOZ so you can compare.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG
#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Do I have the locking washer and nut in the right spots?

Yes.

Quoted from phill2cb:

but I dont think it looks bent?

Right you are.

1 week later
#2461 11 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Sent JJP an email asking how to take off the upper playfield whatever. No response.

No surprise there. I wish I had a game to help you.

Someone should post some help for you, that has one and has done it.

#2462 11 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

how to take off the upper playfield

Manual has nothing either. Sorry.

#2469 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

but it has two USBs already in it.

Pull one out. After the update swap them back.

Or use an empty USB port on the motherboard.

#2491 11 months ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I’m wondering if it’s ok to shut it down and restart it.

Yes.

If it sticks again you may have to do a Full Install and start over.

#2496 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Did a full
USB install of 1.11 and now have this

Bad download or error putting on USB stick.

I'd start over fresh with download from the mirror you didn't use. USA or EU.

#2498 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

have this screen now on startup

Looks like something changed in bios settings. You'll need to hook a keyboard to the USB cable to sort it out.

#2501 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

f2 takes me to a screen that is password protected

You'll need jjp for that.

1 week later
#2518 11 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

thoughts on correcting?

Well I'm no jjp expert. And I don't have the game to check.

I'd go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, see if it works. Ball or finger.

If not, if it's an opto, check if one opto popped out of one side or the other. If micro mini switch, then check for broken wire, or if it needs adjusting. If a sensor, I'd check if it's in position, and reseat it's connector.

#2522 11 months ago

How do I recalibrate it? I have the same switch error.

Tests - Devices - Sensors

While in Sensor Test remove any balls from the area. Press the Start button.

That should do it. If not do it again.

Wish I had the game and was still a jjp Tech

#2525 11 months ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

do you have any ideas or suggestions.

Page 94 in the manual has the basic parts layout. Maybe that will help.

Thanks to jjp I don't have a game to check. If it's like their other small LCD's, you need to remove the whole assembly and pretty much take it all apart. There is a tab or bar you need to fiddle with to release that fine ribbon cable. On reassembly if that thin ribbon cable is anywhere near a metal edge, I'd put down some black electricians tape to prevent wear or interference.

#2530 11 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Around how many play should I change the coil stops from my game and where are the correct coil stops to get for this game?

A link would be great thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-coil-stop-a-12390.html

You didn't ask but consider these too :

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-right-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

When your flippers don't have the power like they used to, Turn the game off. Simply remove the two allen head 5/32nds screws holding the coil stop on, remove the coil stop, slide the coil off and let hang. Is the top of the coil stop where the plunger hits cupped ? Is the bottom of the plunger mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? If so time for new parts. If not put the coil and coil stop back on and play your game.

When I rebuild the flipper I put in new plunger assembly, new coil sleeve, and new coil stop. If your coil stop is cupped, the other parts are worn and need replacing too.

Chicago Gaming Tech Extraordinaire !

4 weeks later
#2568 10 months ago

Yes. Scroll down to the games it's for, jjp is on the list.

#2572 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

would anybody know if the CE topper will actually work on the LE? Curious.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

I suspect it would need the CE code

Check with jjp. You might need a CE game with a CE dongle in the motherboard.

1 month later
#2653 9 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Do these come with a printed spiral manual

No.

Quoted from Svenop:

are they all digital now?

Yes. You can print it out if you like.

2 weeks later
#2683 8 months ago

Here is a great video still featuring Butch !

#2690 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Rip the box open,

Some people save the box. Especially if they ever ship a pin.

Me, I'm a rip it open and get it out kind of guy.

1 week later
#2717 8 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The thumb screws are likely from your coin door mechs.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Coin door coin mechs screws.

See red arrows in picture.

coindoor (resized).JPGcoindoor (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2763 7 months ago
Quoted from Erwan:

Is someone know what can i check now please ?

Bottom of that assembly is a screw. Turn it to raise or lower the mech.

4 weeks later
#2819 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

2. Scorbit. WiFi connection works fine, game fully updated through WiFi, but I can't find any setting pertaining to Scorbit. Trying to get the QR-code on the screen to scan with the app.

You know jjp isn't affiliated with them anymore, right ?

#2821 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Thanks for the info, did not know. Could have done without the LTG though, sets a nice tone with or without the smiley after it.

Just to let you know. That is my video game initials from 1975, long before Google, and the smiley is me hoping who ever sees it is having a nice day.

I had no intention of sending you to Google for a search.

#2822 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Could have done without the LTG though,

Understood.

#2824 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

HAHAH!! My bad!! I only sa Learn to Google!! All good!

At least you didn't get mad or call me names.

#2827 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

I now feel like a jerk!

Please don't.

Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Am I really the first to miss-read your tag as "Learn To Google" on a forum?

No, no where near the first. From Rec Game Pinball newsgroup days to today. There have been quite a few. You weren't the first and you won't be the last.

#2830 6 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

if you want to level a machine invest in a $20 digital level

https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Quoted from Hammerhead:

why would one be lower than the other?

Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down ?

1 month later
#2953 5 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

Looks like 7 AMP Slow Blow, 250 Volt, 5 X 20 m

That is right according to page 189 in the manual.

All the parts places should have it. Planetary Pinball Supply, Pinball Life, Marco Specialties.

Get an assortment and a few extras. The manual lists sizes.

#2961 5 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

Any suggestions please let me know.

Check fuses 701 and 702. The fuse stream is on page 190 in the manual.

1 week later
#2981 4 months ago
Quoted from Spatacuulous:

Has anyone else experienced this?

Reseat cables to it, and at motherboard reseat HDMI cable for it.

#2984 4 months ago
Quoted from Spatacuulous:

There’s something up with that ribbon cable that feeds it either going into the screen itself or in the board.

That ribbon cable is fragile. I don't know if you can get it without buying a new LCD and board.

2 months later
#3060 73 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Though my right sling fires a ton randomly throughout a game.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.