IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1166 1 year ago

I got my CE yesterday... enjoying so far.

But I constantly get the tech alert

Spinning Wheel. Check Device. Malfunction Detected.

The thing is it seems to be working fine. Spins in the game when it should (I think?), works in coil tests etc.

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks...

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Got mine yesterday and it’s also missing

Might be a blessing in disguise, on mine the bottom left screw of the sig panel was barely threaded on (hand threaded I'm guessing as I was able to easily hand thread it off)... anyways the first time I took the glass off it scratched the shit out of it.... not happy (but my distro said he'll get me a new sheet). So now it's invisiglass minus a deep scratch that goes from top to bottom

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be a device test in there. See what it is doing there.

It passed! And now the warning is gone...

I've noticed that some games the wheel spins tons and other games it doesn't at all. And the ones it doesn't at all, I check the menu and there is in fact an alert. I'll check all the connections. Not sure what else it can be...it passes the device test and works like 70% of the time.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clean the optos.
LTG : )

Sounds good. But isn't it the spinner that starts the wheel spin? Like some games I hit it when "Spin Wheel" is lit, and it doesn't spin. Other games works fine. I will fully admit I don't know the rules, maybe I'm mistaking something...but I do get a tech alert a lot so something must be going on. I'll clean the optos though thanks.

#1195 1 year ago

So a few issues...

-I hit the right ramp I'd say it falls off (always in the same place... when it gets to about over the Woody spinner) at least 25% of the time, any time there's a bit of speed on the shot (my flippers are at default and I don't really want to turn them down, although I *guess* that's an option...) Is this happening with everyone? I'm not sure what I could do, JJP should have had a rail here but I guess it is what it is.

-A ball gets stuck on the kickback plate at least every 2 games. It's not a disaster for me but every time it happens with kids I gotta run over and nudge it cause the thing weighs 300 lbs and none of the kids can nudge shake it hard enough (I'm not sure if ball search would fix it, I'll try that next time though). Common problem? Anyone figure anything out for this? This to me is a design issue, I'm not sure how this issue passed Q/A, it happens with mine and it happened on the demo at my distributor the only game I played there as well, so I'm pretty sure it's a widespread problem. I could see this being a major PITA on location though!

-It gets stuck here often (see pic) and when it's stuck it's a take off the glass issue. I actually took off the plastic for now because it was pretty constant. The ramp has no give left-right wise like a lot of games because of the way the metal hook up is. I think this is happening because the post its connected to that's screwed into the PF is slightly off-center. Is this a common issue? If so what have you done to fix it. I am thinking about trimming the plastic ever so slightly but I'm loathe to do that if someone thought of something better. If like a mm of his head was trimmed (or the post was dead center or even a bit to the right) this wouldn't happen.

-Something is firing (I think it's the coil for the scoop shot) every 2 minutes when the game is in attract mode. This is sporadic...happens sometimes and then other times it doesn't. Kind of annoying.... just started happening yesterday so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Anyways, that's all my issues for now lol... the family very much enjoys the game otherwise. I'm most upset about the nut that was barely threaded on scratching the shit out of the invisiglass.... at least that is going to get replaced though. But definitely a preventable problem.
310184062_1079529746079831_5359910588367004579_n (resized).jpg310184062_1079529746079831_5359910588367004579_n (resized).jpg

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

not sure what you mean by "kickback plate" are you talking about the rollover switch?? might were tight also , you will have to tweak those .

I mean here...

Happens probably every game. A ball just sits there. Ball search does find it... but like what happened just now I was able to game a multiball by leaving it there, hitting extra super jackpots etc... Kind of annoying.

310014643_663033398570487_5183949548838113584_n (resized).jpg310014643_663033398570487_5183949548838113584_n (resized).jpg

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If there is truely no play in your mounting postions - just expand the holes in the slingshot plastic some so you can slide the plastic to the left some.

LOL....ya that's definitely a better idea than trimming his head, ha. Duh.

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

seems like you have two issues with the same rail , falling off by woody spinner and the drop zone be the right bumper?? i would open a ticket and once they reply ( they will reply fast) then submit pics before you start chopping away at the plastics. i think your rail is mal-formed. we have played 30-40 games last two days and i have not had either of these issues. not sure what you mean by "kickback plate" are you talking about the rollover switch?? might were tight also , you will have to tweak those . no idea about the coil popping in attract, i would pull the glass and wait and watch until i found the exact one.

Quoted from ls1chris:

thats a weird one! i just had my glass off and tried to get a ball to sit there and it wouldnt, it just drained. my metal piece looks the same as your pic, similar angle.are you level side to side at the bottom? i have my pitch at 7.0 on mine. a little steeper than what is recommended but the play for us is fine. what line is bubble touching?

3rd bubble .

Ya man, happens pretty much every game.

And I played a single game at my distro when I was picking it up and it happened on their game too... So figured it was a common issue...

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:Hopefully the ModCouple will get on this for a cool alternative

If it's by the mod couple there's a good chance you can find the download on the web and 3d print it yourself lol (sorry I'm salty with them, got screwed over twice by them, will never buy again from them).

4 months later
#2123 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Same here. What's the best fix?

I have this as well. Like once every 20 minutes. Anyone ever figure this out?

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Quoted from pinwiz71:
Hi all. We have a TS4 CE. I noticed something weird. In attract mode, the left lock post will trigger randomly (going down then back up). Has anyone seen this happen to theirs? Thanks in advance...

Same here. What's the best fix?

Quoted from Lobo2k:

I have this as well. Like once every 20 minutes. Anyone ever figure this out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=lobo2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.