IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Paid deposit for my CE today. Excited to get the game, also excited to put some distance between the deposit and payment so I can (in my head) pretend the game is $12,500 when it's ready.

You didn’t buy an LE for the interim?

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

…NO super satisfying shots.

Fixed it for ya….fwiw I agree on the GnR CE being too badass to ever sell….I love Wonka too but preferred the Sparkle Blue to the Red as it matches the artwork better and included the Brats on the back glass, and not a fan of granny’s custom callouts or the topper (preferred the jjp wonkatania topper)…TS4 CE seems like it checks off all the boxes for me…red armor matches the carnival theme better (and won’t clash with the Sparkle Blue Wonka) and the shots appear to be a step up from Wonka…I’m not big on exposed plastic ramps and, unlike Wonka where they are fully exposed, TS4 does a pretty good job covering them up….I also find that the larger LCD screen is very helpful in clarifying what needs to be done and even has a nice countdown on the bottom to give the player a much more accurate idea of how much time remains in a particular mode…so much easier to figure things out with it and no need to continually look up at the back glass monitor….going back to the smaller lcd’s after playing TS4 you really feel the impact…

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The carnival modes are definitely improved with the big LED screen, knowing how many shots are left. I didn't use it for the first 50 games because I'm not used to having that information so visible. I didn't mean to make it look like I'm dogging GnR, if I were to have friends over (that are my age) to show them how cool pinball machines are, GnR would be where I'd start and we'd have a blast! But if I'm out by myself with an hour or so, it's Wonka every time (and I'll throw in an Elwin design here and there).

You mentioned “no super satisfying shots” in GnR…curious what you would consider as a “super satisfying shot” in Wonka & TS4.

1 week later
#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Picking the game up this Saturday and I look forward to messing with wireforms. I think my first attempt will be cut out stainless steel plates to make Slink and have coiled rings as a structure for the wireform to run through. I started messing with designs and this is first one. I will shadow cut the facial features on the plate. It will make sense when I build it. Either way happy to be joining the club very soon!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Slink would be more appropriate for the Left Outlane…

1 week later
#415 1 year ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

Woo-hoo. My Toy Story just arrived today. I cant wait to get in a few games on this one. I tried it out at Pintastic about 2 weeks ago. It shot well and I enjoy the carnival theme as I grew up by Coney Island. This game is going to fit in well in my gameroom.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How heavy was this compared to your other pins?

3 weeks later
#600 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I've got mine right next to my Wonka now - both made it from the pool house / pin hall to inside the house (and still married). They are two great games to go back and forth between. I'm quite excited to get the CE (even though I've already got an LE). The more I play, the less I understand the vitriol towards this game, ranked 145? Give me a break! Although my buddy chose to chill under Wonka.
[quoted image]

I’ve seen Karl go thru practically every mode in TS4 and compared to Wonka, TS4’s code does not seem anywhere near as deep…Wonka has so much more in terms of Code…It feels like you could see everything in TS4 in a fraction of the time it would take to accomplish the same task in Wonka…and I’ve made it to PI mode once….

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

One of these ones is not like the other (but not for long). Lermods backbox LED’s bring the cabinet to life. I chose cool white for TS4, may go warm for Wonka. Easy 5-min install.
[quoted image]

They do have at least one thing in common: both are flat paint on the armor…looking forward to seeing the chrome red on the TS4 CE combined with the Sparkle Blue WW together….

1 week later
#707 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I posted this message on another TS4 thread, but though this thread needed to be included:
"TS4 is a good pin. I own a LE, and I am really enjoying it. The main reason that it is being rated as it is, is not because of the play, theme, or "lack of toys," but rather because of the price; it has little to do with the game itself. I noticed that many raters do not own one and are basing their rating by playing a few games at an arcade or bar. I've been playing pinball for a long time, and can attest that it takes more than a dozen games to evaluate a pinball machine. Maybe the marketing strategy was not par with the expectations, but the machine is really a beautiful pin with lots of fun. I respect everyone's opinion, but disagree with the negative characterization this pin has received."

You’ll be selling in under 12 months…

#761 1 year ago

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

Yep, really…even Greg from SDTM rated it 29th out of the 46 games he reviewed…so 163 out of 346 on Pinside is actually proportionally BETTER than how Greg rated it!

#771 1 year ago

Yes, I believe I got through the two characters and through "stage 4" which it said completion of the game. It wasn't easy at all, but by playing it constantly I got better at some of the difficult shots. My wife kept reading the iPad to tell me where to shoot because if you take your eyes off the playfield for a fraction of a second you can kiss the ball goodbye. I can try an additional 200 times again and may not get there, but at least I did it once
It is a fun game.

You have to get there TWICE in the same game….you made it to the end just one time…so you’re only HALFWAY there…

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It CERTAINLY needs some kind of differentiation between the two character completions of Meet Me at the Carousel so you're not doing the same things, only more annoyingly hard. It also needs some other objectives to break up the pervasive carnival-itis. There's a lot going on at the Antique store in the movie, and the game has those two controllable benson posts. Seems like they could make something cool with that.
But the only major complaint I have with the game isn't the code or depth but the sound package. It is really annoying, IMO. Not enough variety in themes, and the sound effects and callouts don't work well together, but seem to just jump into the echo chamber and make an unpleasant cacophony way too often. The comparison between what the mobile game developer who did the sound for TS4 turned in and what David Thiel did for JJP is STARK. I don't expect it to be fixed because it's a pervasive issue that would require a complete overhaul of TS4's system, and that's not happening. I just turned it way down, which is a bummer. PotC, Hobbit and GnR were never turned down.
Anyway, that's my perspective on it. Yeah, the code and depth could use a little work, but the sound package and integration is the real issue, IMO. For operators, though, it's a beautiful game that will attract casual players all day long, and since the volume is usually low on location, the sound isn't a big issue for them.

I think the virtual pinball screen could also be programmed to play a completely different way…how about hitting shots on the real playfield affecting something on that screen in realtime? For example hitting the jump ramp would be reflected on the screen as rolling the ball down the middle of a Skee Ball, with a timer so you have to hit a requisite number of shots to maximize the jackpot bonus…or a whack-an-alien game on the VR Pinball screen when you need to hit gabby gabby with the benson posts popping up to make the shot tougher…I think they only scratched the surface with the VR Pinball and it affecting the actual pops….there seems to be a lot of room for expansion but with JJP I just don’t see them going to the trouble of doing these kinds of massive updates…

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Moving the post up to that hole will widen the opening to the outlane and narrow the opening to the two inlanes. Makes the game harder, not easier. More left outlane drains.

Normally, yes, but this game rewards unlimited kickback for going into the left Outland at the right time, and it’s surprisingly difficult to do it when you actually want to…so this might actually HELP trigger that function when you want to…

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

I wish they would have had some of the glimmer / sparkle on the LE blue powder coat (similar to wonka). Have had mine for two weeks now and that is really the only thing I am a little disappointed with. The blue treatment feels very flat.

Yes the sparkle blue WW LE would go great next to a TS4 CE…by contrast the WW CE would be very redundant next to the TS4 CE…

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I received my CE #500 yesterday and I couldn’t agree more with robnotto, the game is stunning and I can see why it’s a higher price especially with the topper! The topper is very impressive. Beautiful work JJP
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would you be so kind as to post the exact height of the Topper please!

Also, how is the Red Armor different from the Candy Red Wonka CE?

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Received my ce. Now have to get it downstairs. Thank god for escalera dolly. Thing is heavy.
[quoted image]

How do you keep it from marking up the carpet on your stairs?

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Only went off once so far when I did the jump later in the game. Doesn’t do it every time for some reason. LOVE this game so far. I like simply games I know what I’m shooting for.

Yep that is what makes Medieval Madness a classic…not very deep but easy to understand the goals…

#928 1 year ago

Is it true that when you qualify the Gabby MB and are trying to shoot a shot to start it, the Benson Posts individually Pop Up randomly to block your shot with a weird sound effect? If so, that is a pretty unique mech that I don’t recall seeing discussed….

1 week later
#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Hi Everybody! Looking for a suggestion on how to adjust my monitor/screen. The backglass is seated correctly, but the top of the screen inside is visible. Thoughts? Check out the pics below.
So far I’ve had to adjust wheel height, shooter alignment, gabby gabby needed a wire re-soldered and adjusted. But no big deal. Fun shooter![quoted image][quoted image]

JJP still paying for putting this guy in charge of QC….

DECCC480-2D11-424F-A718-7F8124D27A82 (resized).jpegDECCC480-2D11-424F-A718-7F8124D27A82 (resized).jpeg
#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's definitely a weird theme choice - I am hoping the rumor got it wrong and it's actually Goodfellas.
At any rate, I think Eric can pull a great game out of anything.

I thought Matrix would be reserved for SR’s first JJP game…

3 weeks later
#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

TS4 is the best game in my collection now. I don't know about all of you guys, but this game is the funnest game I've ever played. JJP really thought through everything in this game. The shots, the variation, the wheel; it all works so well together. the voice work and callouts on the CE are impeccable. the CE is a major upgrade IMO due to the callouts and topper. value is there for sure. I really love the bo peep callouts alot. I'd miss them if they weren't there.
Lawlor has outdone himself here. the design is perfection. I can't believe this game has beaten out IMDN, Wonka, and Godzilla, but it wins by a decent margin. this game is unreal and so immersive. Finally, JJP has Disney assets to use, and they use them so well. I'm so glad Tim Allen does this game proud with the voice work. what a coup!
GNR is fun as hell, but TS beats it on so many levels. I look forward to years and years of fun pinball with this one. I'd never part with it.

Can you name at least 2 exclusive Bo Peep call-outs??

1 week later
#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Had a family gathering this weekend and TS4 was the big hit of my collection.
Few adjustments I made this weekend.... I have the beta code installed and adjusted the EQ so there is a good amount of bass (also lowered the mid). The sound is killer (with stock speakers). Also, I could not get the plunger to push the ball up the ramp so installed an orange spring. I also had to shim the shooter assembly so it would tilt down a touch to hit the ball square and to stop hitting the auto plunge arm. All is working perfect now.

Quoted from explosiveegg:

I could be wrong, but I believe the Equalizer isn't in the latest software release of TS4 yet.
It's only in the latest Beta.
Which means it should be releasing soon for everyone else.

Anyone know if JJP added the Equalizer to their GnR beta? It seems like a no brainer…

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

If you are looking at a used CE check the Interior art blades….they are very easily torn by taking out playfield…I messed mine up the first time I lifted to fix a flipper issue (there are actually protectors inside the machine provided by JJP that you’d only see after lifting the playfield). Agree the game is highly underrated…I have many of highest rated pins on pinside, this game is a lot of fun in comparison to my others, I have no regrets owning.

What “protectors” are you referring to?

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

These were rolled up in the back of my machine. I have never had an issue before…the stern ones are a thicker vinyl material that aren’t easily damaged. I’d guess I’m not the first person to rip them based on the fact JJP included in the machine, something to look for if buying used.
[quoted image]

Thank you…how could they have been “rolled up”? They seem stiff in the photos…

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I went to inspect the machine and basically the gate past the right ramp got caught on zip ties and was stuck open;
All I had to do was drop the gate here is a pic of the culprit;
Notice the wires and zip ties near the gate that’s what got it stuck open ;
Easier fix than I thought !
[quoted image]

Sorry but I’m not seeing any zip ties anywhere close enough to that gate to keep it open…at least not obvious in that photo…

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The photo looks like after the fix.
LTG : )

Yes but OP refers to zip ties in photo but none appear to be near the gate..

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

"Good shot kid!"
"you got it Ace!"
"go for the __ (i cant remember the last word on that one )"
or something along those lines. you guys know IMDN well, i'm sure, and the female voice actor is so necessary to that game. Here, as with Maiden, the main voice is exceptional (both male voice actors did very well with the game), and the female voice actors on each game add something intangible, but so enjoyable, to the sound and feel of the game. Another great example is Road Show, another Lawlor classic. RS wouldn't be the same without Red's voice, IMO. Wonka is severely lacking for that reason; I have the standard edition Wonka.
I suppose I'm a sucker for the wonderful sound of a female voice.

Thanks but to be clear, there ARE Bo callouts in the LE version too…I’m curious which ones are exclusive to the CE…

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Much better…..

How is the yellow figure attached?

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture posted in the gallery for this thread.
[quoted image]

How is that yellow figure attached to the bunny?

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea. You'd have to ask who ever stuck it there.

I did…no reply…

1 week later
#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I finally got my ts4 ce from a local seller . 13k is much more reasonable for this machine . Packaging, art work especially topper packaging are top notch . Haven’t played too much yet but two things I don’t like
- the characters on the playfield look cheap
- this stupid black thing is dumb they couldn’t figure out something else to cover it up ?
Or is there something I’m supposed to do with it

Where’s a pic with the topper?

3 weeks later
#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Ediblebard:

Hey all! Just a follow-up to my post earlier. It turns out the switch WAS working and in fact was tightened too much originally. It was a PITA to get a screw driver back in place (#1 Phillips for anyone wondering) and loosen the switch. I also had to adjust the cover for the switch as it was pinching it and not allowing it to reset. Now it works great! Also for anyone wondering, this is what my Gabby Gabby mech looked like after ~500 games. A little Novus #2 and shes all cleaned up!

Just out of curiosity, was it hard to determine that it was too tight just by moving the switch with your finger/screw driver? Just curious why it wasn’t immediately obvious.

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is more of the game room[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Given the size of your collection, how does TS4 stack up? Is it the bottom of the barrel as pinside trolls like to suggest?

1 month later
#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

You can adjust the flipper strength for the jump ramp specifically. I had to turn mine down a little bit.

I thought the recommended angle was 6.5?

2 weeks later
#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

I had the same issue on my POTC a couple of years back. Then on Toy Story, the ball also rests a little to the left on the auto-plunger, not the tip, just as you describe. The game is fully level - it is an issue that the playfield is out of alignment with the cabinet. In both cases, the solution to my problem was putting a small piece of cardboard under the hook where the playfield connects to the front of the machine. This changes the relationship of the playfield to the cabinet slightly and fixed the problem for both POTC and TS.

Could this not be achieved by bending the hook itself?

4 weeks later
#2203 1 year ago

My Caboom ramp seems to be catching the edge of the Playfield and won’t seat flush…adjusting via Leveling Screws doesn’t appear to help because it has no bearing on the Ramp’s position on the x axis—the Leveling Screws only adjust the height.

I feel like the entire Ramp needs to shift a hair towards the front of the cabinet but unsure how to accomplish that…

Any tips?

B902FBB8-CD6A-4C86-926D-203ABCB5BE17 (resized).jpegB902FBB8-CD6A-4C86-926D-203ABCB5BE17 (resized).jpeg

#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I honestly don’t think this is a problem as my ramp looks exactly the same ; it’s like barely uneven I don’t know if it warrants a fix or just the way it is.but noticed mine is the same way

Is yours unable to fully return to the down position? Mine remains slightly raised on the left as that corner sits in the edge of the PF…there def is some play but you’d have to remove the glass to finess it back down every time it catches the lip/edge of PF…not ideal…hopefully JJP have a solution…

1 week later
#2239 1 year ago

Is there a Setting to turn off the Audio Tip callouts? Or change their frequency? Constantly hearing “hit the forky targets” or “shoot the spinners” is annoying AF….

1 week later
#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Settings and then Game Settings, under Carnival Modes there’s a Callout Speech Frequency setting that you can change to Rare or None.

Thanks! That did the trick!

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from Jneiport:

Just picked up a CE on trade
Few questions. Has anyone thought to make like an in between sized flipper for the upper flipper? When it kicks out it often bounces and you can’t get the flipper on it? I know that sounds weird but the flipper seems short. Yes I know there are 2 sized flippers.
Also. What are some mods that are some necessity? Game seems pretty decent as it but may add some lighting. Are the flipper coolers worth it? What sound pop mod works? I don’t see Toy Story listed on their game list.
Lastly. When I dead bounce off these flippers, they almost seem loose. This is my 6th JJP and IMO they feel the most floppy.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I added the Benson on the left (adds the proper creepy vibe!) and the Slinky on the right is a must imo…you can also adjust the lighting intensity in Settings if you prefer it brighter…no pinstadiums needed imo…

FF1C5EB9-1C85-462F-A6E3-FCF6EBD22B46 (resized).jpegFF1C5EB9-1C85-462F-A6E3-FCF6EBD22B46 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I got this response today.
[quoted image]

What issue are they referring to?

6 months later
#2908 6 months ago

Great game!

96D4F464-0472-45AC-81D0-5197A5AF64F9 (resized).jpeg96D4F464-0472-45AC-81D0-5197A5AF64F9 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2933 5 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

where and what are these mods?

03206F99-8114-4BEC-9CBF-1B27CDA2EDA8 (resized).jpeg03206F99-8114-4BEC-9CBF-1B27CDA2EDA8 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3024 4 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Well, ended shy of 50. Didn’t get to second MMATC. Next time!
[quoted image]

You didn’t miss much…there are no new modes the 2nd time around….

1 week later
#3026 3 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Perhaps the dumb question of the year but why does version 1.13 need to be installed with the TS 4 topper? As near as I can tell there isn't any game interaction at all. Or, am I missing something? Topper looks great for what it is and it does nicely enhance the game's cosmetics. I just wish it did something that was animated like flash during multiballs or...

The CE Topper definitely interacts…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.