IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2474 11 months ago

Good morning all! I'm joining the club soon and have a perhaps a silly question: In preparation for the arrival of the game, which movies should I watch? I definitely watched TS1 when it first came out, and I think TS2. I did not watch 3 or 4. I plan to watch 4, but is there any real benefit to watching the others? I hate to have references in games that I don't understand (like, why do I want to bash this young girl in the face? ), so I'd watch any of them if that's what it takes to get me up to speed. I could also splurge on the $16 and spend a day marathoning all of them.

It cracks me up that I'm questioning spending $16 to get the background story on a $12k-$15k pin, haha!

1 week later
#2523 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well I'm no jjp expert.
LTG : )

Well now I have to start questioning life...

2 weeks later
#2545 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I did pre-order the topper, although I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed with it. Strange to me that it doesn't say Toy Story 4 anywhere on it and has little to no branding.

It's likely because they didn't want it printed twice so close to each other and the backglass already says Toy Story 4. For example, on the Halloween standard editions, the backglass said Halloween, but the CE backglasses didn't because it was on the topper instead.

1 week later
#2557 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

On the double left lane did jjp fix the ball stuck issue? Is there a post with rubber in the center of the double lane to the left flipper?
My wonka I had to shave down the rubber on the post a lot or it wouldn’t pass and got stuck.

New to the club today with my first CE! After searching for a bit I'm also not finding the answer to this stuck ball problem: Is there an official solution? On Wonka it was having no rubber on the post between the inlanes. Also, is the shooter spring super strong from the factory? It's the firmest spring I've ever felt on a pin, and it took me about 100 tries to finally get the skill shot.

#2559 10 months ago

Per beltking's post, the ball is sticking in the far left inlane between the rubbers - just barely. Removing a rubber would certainly fix it, but I'd like to know if JJP has a specific suggestion.

2 weeks later
#2579 10 months ago

Does anyone have a good solution for raising the playfield and not hitting the topper fiber optics? It's not horrible, but they definitely get bent/pushed to one side when I do it.

#2584 10 months ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

The Duke Caboom shot hits the glass… I lowered flipper strength and this still occurs… any suggestions? Thanks.

I don't know if anyone ever answered you on this, but there is a separate setting for flipper strength ONLY during the jump shot. I think it might be under the mech settings but I'm not sure. There was a short pamphlet that came with the pin that talked about a few settings including that one.

#2599 9 months ago

I can imagine some solutions to the ball getting stuck on the kickback hole, but does anyone have a solid one? The plunger tip on my Dialed In is far enough forward to make this impossible.

PXL_20230627_013635797 (resized).jpgPXL_20230627_013635797 (resized).jpg
#2607 9 months ago

Me, explaining to my 11yo nephew about the skillshot on his first game: "So, it's the simplest but hardest skill shot I've ever seen...it took me almost a hundred attempts to get it...see, yeah, you over shot it there...oh. You got it. Never mind."

1 week later
#2627 9 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

For a fun game, yes! For profitability, probably not.

I would have guessed by theme and visual attraction alone this would be a hit in an arcade.

#2629 9 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

There is not enough control over picking the more expensive modes, the modes seems to be randomized,

It's super easy - just hit your (left?) flipper to change the mode. If anything, like Dialed In, it takes some effort to not change it by accident.

Quoted from rob3:

- the HUD should persistently show progress toward take a chance multiball.

I was thinking the same thing myself this week. Does anyone know if this is tracked anywhere outside the Game Status mode accessed via holding the flipper mid-game? It seems super odd there would be that many achievements to try to track in your head otherwise.

#2636 9 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wish I had unlimited funds

I just stated this yesterday: I aggressively cut my spending on things that don't bring me maximum happiness so I can spend lavishly on the things that -do-.

Example: I owned a 2 year old VW GTI but realized it wasn't bringing me $19k of joy. I sold it, got a much cheaper van (that also hauls pins, yes!) and now own more pins. That GTI, while great, was not bringing me maximum happiness. My pins, however, do.

Most everyone spends money all the time on things that don't really bring them that much joy. It's shocking what you can accomplish (and how much joy you can "buy") when you stop that. I retired when I was 42 by doing this. I don't have "unlimited funds", but I feel like it.

#2640 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well my post keeps getting stuck I don’t think it’s the ramp I think it’s the weak coil spring . It stays here until ball goes into search mode then goes down again . I tried stretching it didn’t really help should I replace with a stronger spring ?[quoted image]

It looks like the post is rubbing on the ramp at the upper left corner. You should be able to loosen the coil mounting bracket underneath and adjust it a tiny bit to fix the problem. A stronger spring could help but would be band aiding over the problem. It looks like it should be a relatively easy fix.

2 weeks later
#2687 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a great video still featuring Butch !
LTG : )

I cringe when I watch videos like this. I didn't watch the whole hour, but I've never seen the benefit of laying a pin down while still in the box and sliding it out. Rip the box open, attach the front legs, and now you have some control and leverage when moving it and getting it off the pallet. AND FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD, DON'T DRAG YOUR PIN AROUND WHILE IT'S LAYING DOWN unless it's sweet gentle carpet. Even then my paranoia sets in. But I do appreciate a full hour long unboxing video for first timers - there's a lot that can go sideways somehow.

2 weeks later
#2737 8 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is Toy Story code deep and challenging enough for a home environment? That’s my only concern with this title. Is the final wizard mode easy to achieve?

Deep enough? Yes. Challenging enough if you're a decent player? That depends. I've played about 150 games and hit "part one" of the Wizard Mode about 5 times (you have to complete it twice to "finish" it). If you want a challenge that's hard to achieve, maybe not the best pin. If you're looking for a fun pin that you can put 5-10 games on every day and still enjoy playing it, it may be fantastic.

#2740 8 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks for sharing that. How’s the difficulty compared to Wonka?

I traded my Wonka for TS4. I think Wonka is definitely deeper and more challenging. I only reached Pure Imagination once or twice after a thousand plays. As for the code for TS4 - I think it's complete, but I really haven't dug super deep into it yet.

#2747 8 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Very cool, so no regrets so far? Is the CE that much better than the LE? Any code differences with the CE like Wonka? I prefer the blue powder on the LE, similar to Wonka. The Toy Story I played yesterday was an LE and the lighting was fantastic. It didn’t even have a topper and the wife and I really liked it. That Duke Kaboom shot was great! No need for Pinstadiums on this game, although my Wonka LE came with them and they look great on that title

I traded my Wonka LE for the TS4 CE with a buddy. I wasn't looking for it, and I definitely don't personally want higher trim pins, but it's nice. Is it worth a couple grand over an LE? For me, never. And I probably won't keep this TS4 for too long - it's fun, but like Godzilla it's not really clicking for me.

For code, I believe Annie Potts does some voiceover on the CE. I also prefer blue over red, but it is what it is. The red does look absolutely glorious and deep, the best paint I've seen on a pin.

#2758 8 months ago
Quoted from Erwan:

Hi all,
I've an issue with Gaby Gaby, when it comes down, it does not go down to the end. Has anyone already had the problem please? Advice to solve it maybe?

Thank you in advance.

It looks like she's twisted counterclockwise and binding in the back as she goes down. Just try to watch around that area as it goes down to see what might be catching. Either way, you need to adjust it so it's perfectly centered and goes cleanly up and down.

#2765 8 months ago

I cracked up when I watched this video. I love Pinstadiums, but come on. TS4 is one of the brightest games I've ever played, and this comparison clip is ridiculously misleading. Using the darkest mode as "factory" and comparing it to a multiball as "Pinstadiums"...disappointing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2775 7 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Take a Chance Multiball: Total Starts 2 (0%)

This strikes me as...odd design. Like it's intended to be a "Multiball Wizard Mode". It's occurred every 500 games for you??!?

Someone asked before and I'll ask again: Is there a way to track progress to this mode at a glance? Having to cycle through the progress screens seems...unnecessary. I'm interested in getting there, but if with the abundant indicators throughout the game I'm surprised it's not showing.

#2777 7 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Something else I'd like to see is a mystery award for unlimited kickback. That to me is the hardest wheel award to collect. You have to alley-oop the shot from the right flipper or just get a lucky bounce.

I think the left outlane is the easiest shot to make...when you're not trying

Kidding aside, I just start hitting the ball as far sideways as I can and I make it about half the time.

2 weeks later
#2814 7 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Another quick question are JJP coil stops higher quality then the stock sterns about how many plays would I need to change from the stock stops ?

When they are loose/broke and need to be replaced. Not a moment before. I've put thousands of plays on stock Stern coil stops (and balls for that matter), but people insist on changing them out on day one. I like replacing defective things. I don't like replacing perfectly functional things that have historically lasted me 1000+ games, despite others' gripes.

#2828 7 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Am I really the first to miss-read your tag as "Learn To Google" on a forum? I now feel like a jerk!

Lloyd is so passionate about snarkily sending people to Google he uses LTG as his name here and elsewhere. Then, whenever people ask (generally tech) questions, he answers them fully and positively while rolling his eyes. THEN, just to rub dirt in your face, he says his name again. At the end. With a smiley face, because Lloyd has said many times he loves rubbing people's noses in it.

None of this is true. He is the undisputed king of sweet, informative answers of all things pinball and is one of the greatest treasures on Pinside. If you disagree, may all your pinballs spontaneously magnetize today and forevermore.

And to actually answer your question, if you want to level a machine invest in a $20 digital level (or whatever) and use that. The bubbles on machines are notoriously bad. And I'm glad you're enjoying TS4 - it's a fun game, especially for families.

#2836 6 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

Want your Jersey Jack Pinball Slingshot to have more power? This mod will do exactly that!!! Here is a video showing it working on default slingshot power in the menu so you can go higher but I did adjust it to be set at default setting. Very easy install just desolder slingshot wires and put module in the circuit. Input is the wires from the game output to the coil. Kit comes with two black boxes to do two slingshot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1372-led-pinball-/09478-jersey-jack-pinball-slingshot-mod

Silly question: Are you finding that you (or your customers) are unsatisfied with the power level when you turn up the sling power in the settings menu?

#2851 6 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I find it ridiculous that you are peddling a mod to fix an issue that doesn't exist. A lot of new people have entered this hobby over the past several years and I am just pointing out to some that might not be fully educated yet that you don't need to waste your money or jack up your machine power modding your slings. There are coil settings in the menu to adjust power if desired. Transparency, that's all.

Do you find 95% of the people "peddling a mod" ridiculous? Most of them are not actually fixing issues. This guy is OFFERING something to the world. If you don't want it, don't buy it and move along. I don't buy 99.9% of the mods I see for sale. But I don't crap on the seller for offering them, either. Someone, somewhere, wants this mod despite you thinking it would be a sin to change the designer's default settings.

Let people do their thing, man.

#2853 6 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Why buy a sling mod to increase power when you can adjust the coil power in the settings menu?

He already addressed that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Wanted
$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.