IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 1 year ago

Happy to join the club, my LE is more than likely on the same truck as Belcaw

Looking forward to checking it out.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Padrino:

Finally got my LE unboxed and as a first time JJP owner (three Stern pins) I am disappointed with the lack of polish....
1. One of the drop targets was stuck, looks like an adjustment is needed to get it to pop back up.
2. Game shipped with 1.04 and the online software update isn't working, I get an "update failed to verify" when attempting to use it.
3. Where is the USB cable by the cashbox I see in many videos, trying a full update and can't locate any place to pull in unless I pull either the wifi or bluetooth dongles out.
4. Called support to ask for help, get parked in what sounds like someone's personal voicemail without any actual message telling me to leave a voicemail, etc.
Hoping once I get everything sorted I can enjoy some games but for a $12K pin I am surprised at how sloppy the company is with the details...

From a few posts above:

"Yeah, both wifi and bluetooth dongles are included and are in that cabinet control board. I just removed one, did the update, and put it back in place. The 1.04 code that shipped with mine didn't have the network stuff enabled, so I had to manually update to 1.06. Everything is working now."

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Mine would not start the update in either of those spots so i had to open backbox and use a usb spot below the motherboard.

Good to know, thnx for pointing this out. Expecting to get mine in a few days. Will try the USB ports by the coin door first and if that doesnt work, plug directly into the motherboard.

1 week later
#416 1 year ago

Loving this game, going to do a full write up later, but my current pet peeve is bricks to the inner loop. I adjusted the wire gate below the woody saucer up a smidge and that helped, but it's still not consistent. if its not right on that little flipper and doesnt have enough umph it just wont make it around that loop with enough power. Anyone else dealing with it? any tips? (i tried bumping the power a little on that flipper)

#438 1 year ago

Got my game a few weeks ago, really enjoying it. Finally got some time to write up my thoughts

Surprisingly, my kids are really digging it (threw me because they are not big toy story fans). The new game interest will wear off eventually, but for now i am enjoying it.

From the beginning, this title was a "day one buy sight unseen" at the request of my wife. So who am I to complain? that being said, I am a big toy story fan myself so I was looking forward to it too. The reveal was a bit of a let down for me, like others I was expecting more. I also got a bit sucked in to the speculation thread where it was (and is still) a total bash fest. Very happy that I stuck it out and ignored all the hate. It's a very fun game that I am happy to own. Yes it's expensive, but there is just this feel, this "polish" on JJP games that is just on a different level. Things that stuck out for me:

- The lighting is awesome. You have to see it in person, video just does not do it justice. The marquee lighting around the duke kaboom landing spot, the hot rails and the RGB GI spot lighting is just insane. It's a total work of art.

- the ipad... it works, I like the info it displays, I don't have to look up at the backbox screen as much. I would have preferred more mechs (or make it an etch-a-sketch!) but I still would have wanted a screen somewhere in there, so it fits the bill.

- The layout: Fun Lawlor layout. Nothing crazy or too complex, but has some good flow. I don't think it is too easy at all (though I am no pro). Ball times are pretty average for me. A nice mix of makeable shots and tricky ones, combos, etc.

- Duke kaboom: Everyone in our house loves the jump ramp, not a shot we make every time but when we do everyone is screaming. Certainly not a complicated toy or mech, but it is just fun as shit to shoot.

- Code feels very polished and complete. I am sure they will tweak it more but I think they did a great job. It's got shots and modes my kids actually have a chance to complete but at the same time, complex fun stuff for the more advanced player. I think JJP did a great job of balancing a theme that appeals to non-pinheads and a game that can still be a blast for more experienced players.

- Not specific to this game, but just JJP's software platform, the camera, the code, the daily high scores, GC making the photo strip/reel. Although its lacking in crazy mechs/ramps, this does not feel like a stripped down game to me. It's just a complete and fun package.

My thoughts during unboxing:

- I did not have any issues with stuck balls or switches not working. Things worked fine right out of the gate.

- I did tweak the kaboom ramp, gabby gabby and the spinning wheel to be level/flush with the PF.

- Added cliffy switch slot protectors to the drops into the lanes.

- I bumped up the power on the buzz saucer, initially the pops kept sending the ball back in there over and over again, lol.

- I bumped up the power on the upper flipper, since my game is 6.8-6.9 this felt needed to make the loop shot more consistently

- Had issues with the woody saucer cleanly feeding the upper flipper for the loop shot. First i tried bending the one way gate bracket up a bit (there was some play in it, where it mounts underneath bunny and ducky, i also tightened those hex posts to keep it from moving back down), then i tried lowering the saucer eject power. This didnt do much for me. Another pinsider mentioned he actually increased it, I tried that and it works for me. Pretty happy with it now.

- PF looks awesome quality wise. Time will tell, but I am pretty happy so far, still plan to keep an eye on how things hold up specifically around posts/etc. But so far so good.

Time to go play some more!

20220702_071855 (resized).jpg20220702_071855 (resized).jpg
#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

It seems dealers already have games starting to pile up. Doesnt look like nearly the wait GNR had.

Sweet, you should grab one!

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Already in on a CE. I wrote the above to ask do you think it’s a good or bad sign there seems to be so many available?

Ah, gotchya. Not something I would worry about at this phase. I'm not sure how the GNR release went, but for TS4 they had a grip of time to start building machines pre-release for stock. They also didn't launch it at a show so noone could play it. I think as people play it more and are actually able to give it a chance, It will sell. Only time will tell, but i think this title will do fine.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from knightgdg:

Hey all, looking to play a TS4 in a home environment in the Denver area. I would like to play before I decide to buy one. Please let me know if you wouldn't mind me and my adult son coming over to check it out. Thanks

I would check with JJ @ Game Exchange (In the Denver area I believe) and see if they have one in the show room yet.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Just took delivery and setup the machine for the first time. Played 1 game before I realized... My screen under the glass isn't turned on. Was there some step I missed to have it turn on or should it work straight out of the box? The LEDs around the screen are working but nothing is displaying on the screen itself.

it should work straight out of the box. I assume there is some sort of hdmi cable and a power cable that works that thing, perhaps it rattled loose during transit.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

My Gabby Gabby is saying there is an error in the test menu and doesn’t pop up. However she works fine in the game. I remember reading something from someone a few days ago but I just can’t find that post now. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Gabby is just a big drop target mech, can you manually bring her up and does she lock into place? does she drop when you hit her?

Next, go into switch test mode (matrixed switches) and look for the gabby switch. Is it green when she is down? does it change when you manually pull her up?

If the switch state doesnt change when she goes up, check the switch on the mech

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

After unpacking the game and before even putting the balls in I took a close look at the playfield and saw ALOT of issues with bubbles under the mylar, gouging and chips. There were gouges under the mylar infront of the scoop, chips on the bottom around the posts and the duke Kaboom hole is pretty bad. I will have to give it to the first leg of support. They are sending me out a new spinner, but I'd like thoughts on what I should do about all the chips and scratches? What should I expect from JJP? I've read the horror stories about other games playfields, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Was this QAd at all? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe what is in front of the scoop is a sticker with mylar over it (or reverse printed), I would wonder if that is damage to the sticker and not the PF underneath but hard to say from the pics.

For the Duke Kaboom (And gabby gabby for that matter) the first thing i noticed when i unboxed mine was the same thing around the corners. But for me, it looks to be the mylar. Looks like they put the mylar down on most of the upper half and then cut out the hole/cutouts in the PF. Overall PF quality wise, I am happy enough with mine and it seems well protected. Time will tell i suppose. If you bought from a good dist, you could see if they would swap your game, if you bought it direct i would suspect you'll get a set of new scoop decals.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Ok I have a new issue for this group. The post which holds the ball before the funnel cake building prior to the start of each mode won’t release the ball so I need to wait until the pin conducts a ball search before it releases. JJP had me lower the coil hold strength intensity in coil settings and that didn’t work.
Sometimes the post moves down a hair but not nearly enough to release it. There are sensors before the post so I wonder if it has anything to do with that.
The pin is angled correctly where the top of the bubble in the level touches the second line. Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pull up the PF and physically move the post up and down, is it binding at all? it may be rubbing against something and might need some adjustment. That is where i would look first before playing with any of the coil settings.

Edit: from your pic, is it touching the left side of the ramp plastic? ideally you don't want it touching/rubbing against anything.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

I'm pretty new to troubleshooting pins so I'm hoping someone here can help. When my Jump Ramp is in the Up Position (and also when my left ramp diverter is active) there is a loud buzzing noise that can be heard until they switch off. Video shows the buzzing when I'm testing the Jump Ramp in diagnostics.
Anyone know what could be causing this?

Seems a little loud but not too bad. Head to settings / coils. Are your jump ramp settings default? Attaching a pic from mine

20220730_201308 (resized).jpg20220730_201308 (resized).jpg
#598 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Have to admit I’m a bit nervous on the ts4 ce order I have. With so many people selling their spots and some even at $1000 loss makes me feel like a made the wrong choice and will lose a ton on resale after playing it. I’m okay with a little lose but not a major bath on it. I’ve played the le and it is fun. Most owners seem to like it.
Things are turning a bit now with the market. I’m not seeing a lot of sold listings for high end pins or pins sold at extreme prices right now. Market is adjusting a bit.

#1, ignore the bash (I mean, speculation) thread. Soo much hate there from people with zero interest in this title.

#2, a few ads with people or flippers wanting to get out for a loss isn't a big deal. If your planning to keep the game at least a year + I think you'll be fine. A loss is always possible, but if that does end up being the case I dont think it will be that bad. Time will tell, but I think TS4 will gain in popularity over time like previous slow starter JJP titles.

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for the post, I think I’ve been letting the negative vibes on this game get to me.
It’s good to see people loving it. I did have fun playing it on location, I just hope it doesn’t flame out too quickly for us.

Same here, so glad I went forward and grabbed one though, game is super fun. My kids, who are not huge TS fans proclaimed they would never play it before it got delivered. Now I can barely keep them out of the garage where the games are, my 7 year old son wakes up at 6:30am and asks if he can go play. lol. Not what I was expecting but a nice side effect seeing the whole family enjoy it.

#608 1 year ago

Can someone do me a favor if you happen to have the PF up? I had an issue with the take a chance wheel just spinning on boot and found that the opto circuit board had come loose under the wheel. I was able to adjust it fine but found nothing is keeping it place.. I feel like there should be some e-clips or nuts or something there that maybe got missed?. I went to look it up in the manual and was not able to find that mech documented there (which I thought was strange, unless I have totally missed it). If you could snap a pic of what's holding on yours it would be much appreciated. Regardless, will open up a ticket with JJP

20220801_141033 (resized).jpg20220801_141033 (resized).jpg

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No surprise it wasn't in the terrible manual for Toy Story 4. They don't even have the FLIPPER MECHS in there. Completely left them out. Inexcusable sloppy work for a supposed top-tier manufacturer. How the mighty have fallen. JJP was the undisputed BEST manuals in pinball, and now are moshing at the bottom of the list for the WORST manual spot in pinball. The manual with parts callouts on a PREMIUM machine isn't the place to cut corners.
What am I looking at? Try backing away a bit and if you're using an iphone hold your finger on the focal point until it puts a box around it and focus locks it then send that pic.

It's the back of the take a chance wheel under the PF. I was zooming in to try and get a better idea of the posts that opto board sites on, will take a further out pic shortly.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

My machine had same issue. They just click into the posts to hold in place.

Thanks! I heard back from JJP tech support and they confirmed the same. They also gave me the assembly drawing of the disc mech (I mentioned its not in the manual)

20220804_085935 (resized).jpg20220804_085935 (resized).jpg51-100168-00 - SPINNING DISC ASSY 8 POS - REV A.PDF51-100168-00 - SPINNING DISC ASSY 8 POS - REV A.PDF
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone else get stuck with a machine that had the lockbar receiver mounted way too high on the front of the cabinet? Mine is mounted flush with the top of the wood such that the glass scrapes across it and the lockbar sits about 3/8" above the side rails. Unfortunately going to have to drill out the lockbar receiver mounting points to drop it lower into the cabinet given its height is largely dictated by the bolts running through the front of the cabinet......ugh. Other than that I've had zero gameplay issues in the first 50 games, which is amazing by any manufacturers standards.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine isnt too high, but was slightly off to one side which made it really difficult to get the lockdown bar on/off. All i did was just slightly loosen the nuts on the other side, took a screwdriver and a hammer and just give it a few good taps to center it and the tightened it back up.

#670 1 year ago

Looks like they still need to add the spinning disc mech

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there supposed to be a gap here at the bottom of the screw for the wheel? My wheel is going out of control and I think it is because there is too much up and down play. I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips? Thank you
[quoted image]

When you say your wheel is going out of control, can you elaborate? Mine was spinning and spinning on start up (couldnt find "home") and it turned out the opto board was skewed underneath the wheel so I had to re-seat.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve been helping him test the shooter lane protectors, but the last set he sent me hasn’t arrived and may be lost in the mail. He thinks it might be the same ones for GnR. The first set he sent me didn’t fit. The inlane switch protectors should be the same as for other games. I sent him pics and measurements for the scoop, not sure if he has plans for a protector. Are there other areas that need protection? Not sure about the woody and buzz saucers.

The scoop has such an odd shape on the cutout, curious to see what Cliff does for that. Standard switch slot protectors work fine on this game for the drops. Saucers would be nice if possible.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

One of the JJP techs reached out to me about your issue by mistake. According to them, "There are 4 adjustment hex posts below the playfield that allows you to change the height of any of the corners.".
I hope that helps!

I believe that only adjusts the height of the corners when down against the PF, so you can make sure its smooth/level. I think it probably skews to the left to try and hit that loop shot properly.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Great image! Mine is exactly like this. I wonder if it is to curve the momentum of the ball to follow the trail. However, if you hit the ball on the left hand side of the ramp it doesnt gain enough height to clear the stuff in front. Perhaps I should simply increase the flipper strength for the Duke shot?

What's the incline of your machine? regardless, I'd try pumping up the left duke kaboom flipper strength as you mentioned and see if that does it.

#733 1 year ago

I've been thinking along the same lines (artwork around the pin). For us, TS4 as a theme has worked out fine, the carnival games remind us of hanging out at pixar pier in the California Adventure park and going on all the midway mania rides and games. I was trying to find some artwork for the pin area and stumbled upon this gentleman on Etsy that re-created (or copied, haha, not sure) some of the posters from that area of the park. I had them custom sized and printed onto white film for backlighting and bought these light boxes (also from Etsy). I really like how it turned out. The posters are kinda washed out in the first pic so i took a second and brought down the lighting/contrast.

20220815_111759 (resized).jpg20220815_111759 (resized).jpg20220815_111948 (resized).jpg20220815_111948 (resized).jpg
#739 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.
[quoted image]

Want!!!!

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

Can't find it in your web site ...

Ignore the pinside rating, sadly it has little meaning now a days. my .02 is to just let the haters hate and enjoy the game.

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness, most the games in the top 100 are really good.
The only two I really disagree with being in there are The Munsters (at 100) and Family guy (at 93). Those games are pretty awful, but maybe I just don't like mini playfields with mini balls.

Agree, I'll take tiki party pinball over stewie pinball any day, lol. (no offence to any TS4 owners who also happen to have FG, love the show though)

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Cool, thx. If three consecutive do you need to hit super loops first or no? Also, if you go with the Super Loops + 20 loops to qualify must you hit super loops shot first then the 20 loops or can it be vice versa?

Circling back on this, my understanding (based on testing a few things while I was cleaning the PF last night):

Super loops and bo peep loops are two different modes. Super loops being a mode on the wheel, bo peep loops being a scene to complete.

- When I hit 3 consecutive loops at any time during the game, I completed the bo peep loops scene

- When i was in the super loops mode, and hitting consecutive loops, i saw a message on the screen (after 2) 1 more to complete scene. I am assuming it meant the bo peep loops. I had to stop here as something else came up.

Curious to know if making 3 consecutive loops during super loops would achieve both the bo peep loops scene AND super loops mode.

Got some time to spend on the game without the family around the other day so I really got to dig in to it, I don't really get all the "this game is shallow" & "this game is too easy" hate. When I started the ball, I had to decide my plan.. am I going for road trip locks to get that our of the way to complete the scene? complete wheel modes and try for take a chance MB? work on completing all the games to collect characters for when I get carnival MB? and while I am doing this, keep an eye out for Gabby Gabby so I can grab Gabby Gabby MB... Bonus X... Duke Kaboom consecutive jumps... Rescue Forky.. Occasionally get it into the pops so i can have Buzz MB ready to stack when I am in another MB?

Completing the game and getting to the wizard mode is certainly more attainable that some of the other newer games I've played... but being a casual player and not playing this game hours a day (I just do not have the time), I don't see myself running out of things to do here any time soon. For me it has that "gotta play just one more time" feeling.

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve hit 30 mil, but most of my games are between 5 and 8 mil. I’ve had plenty of balls of just a few hundred thousand, outlanes can be deadly off the slings.

I played around with the slings and bumped the power in an effort to minimize hitting the outlanes (and to stop those crazy long volleys between them)

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

With all of the talk of shallow code, lack of depth, etc what’s the likelihood that we’ll see more code with more things to do?
They’ve never left a single title alone with no code updates

IMHO, many of the people complaining of shallow code/lack of depth are the ones who are relying on watching a stream or maybe playing it once or twice on location. Having owned it for a month or so now, I don't find it shallow or lacking depth at all. That being said, there is always room for improvement. Others will have differing opinions, which is fine. YMMV

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

I would like the the Pixar ball shooter for my LE. Any modders doing this yet?

Same here!

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It CERTAINLY needs some kind of differentiation between the two character completions of Meet Me at the Carousel so you're not doing the same things, only more annoyingly hard.

Agree on this, good point.

#822 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP doesn't make them in CE number order. If a number isn't reserved, it is a random number pick out of the plaque bin. This is my 3rd JJP direct buy and unfortunately, they usually send a first allotment to all of the distributors before sending out a round of direct orders. This is typical, but they may change it up a bit.

They (jjp) responded to a similar question on FB the same way (dist orders first) that being said, I got my direct LE pretty quick, I doubt direct CE buyers will have to wait very long, I would just email Jen

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

No Tim Allen didn’t sign unfortunately. Hoping someone does a private signing and can get it signed. His autos only $200-300 so wish for the ce price he would have signed all 1000.
The ce topper is prob 1200-1500 if sold separately. Looks really good but wish these flippers would stop listing it below msrp because it’s decreasing resale for those non flippers down the road. Hopefully once they are sold out and gone prices go up. Funny some dealers were sold out and now they are on their sites for sale. Prob have to think twice on next jjp ce because it sucks losing $2000-$2500 before you even get the game.

Agree, price will (and has) dip due to flipper miscalulations, but if your in it for the long game I believe it will rebound fine

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Nice!
I can’t wait for someone to make these to sell

Agree, someone makes these pls

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

I need to do some tweaking. My ball keeps hanging on the Gabby plastic on the left ramp exit and my plunger is sorely lacking on the power. Maybe one time out of 20 it makes it around the ramp.

For the plunger, i would check to see if something is binding

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Well gabby gabby and benson are like 1 so when gabby is up yes you have the gabby mode but it’s also nice to shoot benson . Anyway sometimes a lot of things in life does not make sense. Maybe sometimes appreciate what someone is willing to do. And hey it’s free when it’s finished as pinball is expensive enough. And if you dont like benson or think he don’t fit your game then DONT put him in, its not like gabby has a gun to your head right??
Have a nice day

I wouldn't take those points personally, It's just an oppinion. I could go either way on this one, but I like having options. Nice work on the 3D modeling.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I made the CE shooter for my LE . Did the middle blue piece a little different to match the trim of the LE.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you'd share how you made this? I'd be curious to give this a shot.

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from blardo:

Does anyone know when they will start making some more LEs?

I believe they are still making them both, regardless, you should be able to find one in stock right now.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Anyone else seeing relatively often a case where you hit the forky start left ramp but it instead takes the ball to the right flipper? Is it another mode causing this? Seems like a bug, or give me the credit if I hit the scoop, cause it’s lit

Seen this too, frustrating. Wondering what the deal with that is.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No they are unrelated. The brass screws give you height over the receiver. The receiver itself can be moved if need be but you do not do both together.

This. My lockdown bar was too high and a bit off to one side (and my screws were already high enough where any further the glass would hit them) so I loosened the nuts a little and a few light taps with a small hammer and I brought it down and moved it over a bit.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Thx! Did you replace the sprint or just adjust it?

Can we confirm that if it plays "rescue forky" it should indeed always go to the left drop for duke kaboom? Trying to sort out if I need to look into my diverter mech as well. For me it rarely happens but when it does it's super annoying.

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Received my game a few weeks ago and it's solid. I've only had a leaf switch adjustment so far.

How are you liking it?

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No clue, I don't have a TS4.

Any idea yet when yours is shipping?

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

On one hand, every new pinball is fun initially. But I also just got Oktoberfest after waffling on it for 3 years so I think the comparison is interesting... In my opinion, both games are fantastic and you can really tell how much love went into making both of them, but they also feel like opposites in many ways.
TS4 oozes polish and flow and has a strong Bally-Williams feel. With my first glance at the TS4 playfield, I saw too much plastic and many of the interesting mechs are flat or underneath the playfield. The game shoots a lot like Wonka (maybe too much tbd) and this means it's a fantastic shooter. I was worried about the music and theme getting old fast but I really like what they've done with TS4.
Meanwhile, Oktoberfest looks (and it is...) packed with a ton of visible 'mechs', huge variety of modes, and lots of ideas and depth. The Oktoberfest theme bugged me when it launched but they've improved it (the sound presentation in particular) a lot. But the overall 'presentation' truly pales in comparison to what JJP accomplishes with their software and A/V people. As a community, I think we massively over-value bill of materials and under-value the contribution of software teams to the fun-factor. That said, TS4 really should have had an additional uber-mech that defined it. The ramp and posts are very cool, but not enough IMHO.
TS4 is gorgeous and fun and I'm glad I bought it. I'm willing to spend money (or "lose money" for the flippers and pin-vestors...) on the hobby I love. And while the high cost of TS4 did indeed bother me very much, I see the value of JJP/TS4 over recent Stern games. It costs more and it should.
I have a larger game collection than most. TS4 is NOT as easy as most people claim and I love the rules design so far. I definitely prefer 'progression-style' rules flow and being able to see the 'all the stuff' in a game occasionally.
So I don't think my take varies much from others. The high price of all pins today sucks, TS4 is really fun, it's beautiful, and before the release, we all dreamed of an animatronic Buzz or Woody provided by Disney Imagineering.

Thanks for the write up, always curious to hear your thoughts on games. I agree that the software and presentation is what really sets TS4 and JJP apart from the competition. Also agree on the bally/williams feel of the games layout/shots, it's one of the reasons I like it so much and was able to move past the initial let down of Toy Story 4 VS Toy Story. As others have said, I love the approachability of this game, I am nowhere near completing it, but it's one of the first games I could actually see myself completing. My kids and wife can actually progress through the modes and scenes instead of my other games where they tend to just get frustrated and bail out.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

3. The Woody saucer will eject the ball and bounce off the rail which makes the little flipper unable to hit the ball. The only way the little flipper can function is a smooth drop from the pops. Most of the time it bumps of the rail and makes the flipper miss. Even with the best feed, the flipper rarely hits clean enough to make a loop. BoPeep spinner will spin and the ball drops into pops. Only a few made it back to the flipper. I have had to make minor (JP) and major (R&M) rail adjustments to feed flippers on other games without hops, but this is much worse. Do I increase or decrease saucer eject? Increase flipper strength to make loop with more power when it does get a chance to hit the ball? Tweak the rails?

For mine, I had similar issues to yours, this is what i did.
- Bump up the power for the upper right flipper
- Play with the power for the woody saucer eject (increase or decrease based on trying it and your personal pref)
- I had to adjust the 1 way gate/wire form directly to the right and below the saucer. For me, having the saucer eject, bounce off the metal back guide and then bounce on to that 1 way gate/wireform feeds the upper right flipper perfectly. This gate bracket is connected to the hex posts under ducky/bunny, once adjusted I had to lightly tighten these so it would not move (do not over tighten since these are connected to the PF)

Even with the adjustments, its a tight shot, but once dialed in I am able to make it pretty easily. I just shoot for the woody saucer and it feeds its perfectly 80% of the time on eject.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’ve found you need to turn the power up on the woody saucer eject. Seems counter intuitive but the excess strength causes the call to rattle a tiny bit and the settle into a smooth transition.

This! that is what the adjustment I noted above is aiming for. It bounces around between the guide and the gate and just plops right above the flipper perfectly.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

If you haven’t noticed yet, you can relight the duke ramp by shooting the right ramp and then left ramp after a successful kaboom ramp. Ton of fun to string these together. Follow the red/white shots.

Yup! super satisfying, I just need to work more on my right ramp shot. Need to get a little bit better at it.

1 week later
#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I got my CE yesterday... enjoying so far.
But I constantly get the tech alert
Spinning Wheel. Check Device. Malfunction Detected.
The thing is it seems to be working fine. Spins in the game when it should (I think?), works in coil tests etc.
Anyone else getting this?
Thanks...

Check the opto board under the wheel. It may have come loose during shipping. If its not in the right position the plastic pieces on the bottom of the wheel don't break the opto beams.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

After seeing everyone's CEs I am so jealous. I was in such a rush to get the game I didn't want to wait. Now I'm totally regretting it! I love my LE, but those CEs are just phenomenal! Congrats to all the new owners!

Same here. Mixed bag for me though, love the ce armor and rad cals, but like the LE art package better.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

It passed! And now the warning is gone...
I've noticed that some games the wheel spins tons and other games it doesn't at all. And the ones it doesn't at all, I check the menu and there is in fact an alert. I'll check all the connections. Not sure what else it can be...it passes the device test and works like 70% of the time.

Check how the board is seated below the wheel mech. If it's off kilter the opto beams might not get broken all the time by the bottom of the wheel

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

3rd bubble .
Ya man, happens pretty much every game.
And I played a single game at my distro when I was picking it up and it happened on their game too... So figured it was a common issue...

Get a digital level with inclination. That way can check things both ways. Inclination and right to left level

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its been so long that I can’t remember but there were height adjustments noted on paperwork with the game. Was gabby not adjustable like the duke ramp?

Gabby is adjustable, but it's only 1 screw up and down, not like Duke which has 4

3 weeks later
#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thinking of picking one up.
Are there any issues to look out for?
Is the code considered completed or are more updates coming down the road?

Nothing to look out for other than the typical wear and tear of a used game. No real flaws or major issues to look out for. As others have said, code is already polished and fun, but i assume we will see some updates down the road. Very underated game IMHO.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You guys are the best!!! I thought I would be laughed at…
I am driving back to work after being off to go look at the machine right now
I am going attempt to fix it and be super careful

Dont sweat it, everyone remembers having thier first game and having to figure all this stuff out for the first time. Ask away here any time.

#1472 1 year ago

Unrelated to the above, noticed the saucer feeds the orbit a little too harshly, so the ball does not get to the mini flipper as smoothly as it could. I have reduced the coil strength to the lowest setting but not much improvement
Any tips?
☺️

Strangely, I ended up increaseing the kick out strength. I also had to adjust (and tighten down carefully) the one way gate right above the upper right flipper. I pushed it up a little so that when it comes out of the saucer, it hits the rail, bounces off the gate and then feeds the flipper perfectly 80% of the time.

#1496 1 year ago

Also, when starting a mode the ball is not “released” until I flip… is this weird???

I bet the up-post that holds the ball is binding (on the ramp?) and flipping gives things enough of a shake to have it slide down

1 week later
#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Woah wait a second your telling me when you plunge the ball every time you can make it go up and loop around the wire forms?!?! I wonder if my shooter spring is low I can never get it out and looping ; that would make my game so much better…
Where is the setting under settings for the auto plunge option ???
Tech is coming by in 1.5 hrs might have him check this out as well other tweaks

Yes, hard plunge should send it up around the right ramp/wire form. If its not, I would make sure the plunger is hitting the ball right in the middle and isnt hitting up against anything on the way.

#1552 1 year ago

who knew an $12K usd machine would come out the factory with a misaligned shooter lol.
I will check mine, it does not go around the loop but I thought that was the intention.

I hadn't thought of it in depth until SuperMas77 mentioned it, if your plunging, you're ideally going for the skill shot. There really is no reason to hard plunge up the right ramp unless your trying to feed the right flipper for a shot. That being said, I like that I have the option, haha.

#1569 1 year ago

I powered up the game and the disc was spinning and spinning, thinking I had the previous issue of the board underneath needing to be adjusted (bottom of disc not clearing the optos), i powered it off and lifted up the PF, everything looked fine. Next I updated to 1.09 (I was still on 1.07) powered it up and it did the same thing. I decided to let it spin, it did this for a minute or so. While it was spinning i hit the start button and it said calibration in progress. Once it was done I started up a game and all was fine. Is this normal? does it just run through a calibration routine every X games?

Secondly, I've tried to adjust Gabby way back when Keith posted on here but I still cant knock her down with a direct hard front shot. But if i get a soft shot straight on or glance either cheek, I'm good. I've adjusted to this for the most part but curious if ya'll had better luck with Gabby adjustments than I have.

Lastly, I found that I was never getting super spinners. I always made great progress on the bo peep spinner but rarely made headway on the woody one. Looking more closely, I noticed the woody spinner wasnt spinning feely, it was hitting up against the alien plastic to the left (so it wouldnt spin nearly as much as it should). Once that was fixed getting super spinners become much more easy, so just tossing that out there.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

I just realized tonight you can change forky completion in the settings. Defaults to full completion but there are there different options for getting it to light. Such as a successful jump alone.
I do get depressed reading this board, about how easy this game is. Still haven’t gotten to the end lol, but it’s a damn fun game and getting the most play

Dont feel bad, I am nowhere near completing this thing and my GC score is like 5.5 mil, heh. As long as you're having fun, that's what matters.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’m at Disney world this weekend. Anybody know if a TS4 is anywhere at the park I can finally checkout?

Head over to free play florida if you can sneek out of the park this weekend, I would hope one would be there.

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I am having the same problem - how in the world did you get the fennel cakes plastic off to work with the diverter? Any help with this would be great. I had to disable the diverter--- it's all messed up.

Pull the PF out to the first service position (pull it out, but dont tilt it up), you'll have easier access to the two screws/nuts holding down the fennel cake cover on the left side, then take out the 2 screws/nuts on the right side.

You can then remove it. The issue I was having was that the diverter was a little loose (see the bottom screw in the pic), and so it woul twist and rub up against the fennel cake cover. This was causing it to not come down during forkey rescue sometimes (which was really frustrating) or stick in the down position.

adjusting the position and tightening things up so it wouldnt twist so easy did the trick for me. However, that fennel cake cover is too small in the back IMHO, it needs more clearance for that diverter to operate freely. I wish there were more aftermarket options for that cover (that arnt super pricey).

That being said, it works good enough for me now. Nothing gets stuck and it comes down when it needs to (its just a little slow to return)

The second option I was going to consider if this thing was still giving me issues was a stronger return screen for the arm.

20220917_101611 (resized).jpg20220917_101611 (resized).jpg20220917_122827 (resized).jpg20220917_122827 (resized).jpg
#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am still having issues. I downloaded the full 1.09 update - formatted the disc through rufus - but upon reboot the game still isn't recognizing the files (a standard 16GB USB drive) it just lodes that 1.01 code. It also will not allow me to do a manual reboot through the USB (it tells me that I need to update through a reboot.)
This is getting frustrating and taking way too long. Any ideas?

Plug the USB into your PC, under file explorer, right click and view the properties of the USB drive. is it formatted exFAT? or FAT32? (or NTFS). Not sure if JJP games require FAT32 for the partition format of the USB stick, but I had do this yesterday when I updated my TMNT (re-format my USB drive to FAT32)

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am still having issues. I downloaded the full 1.09 update - formatted the disc through rufus - but upon reboot the game still isn't recognizing the files (a standard 16GB USB drive) it just lodes that 1.01 code. It also will not allow me to do a manual reboot through the USB (it tells me that I need to update through a reboot.)
This is getting frustrating and taking way too long. Any ideas?

Also, its not going to load the update on boot like sterns do, you gotta go into settings, utility, update and select to update from USB. It will then search for the USB stick and try to download the files from it.

#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

yep, it's FAT32
It automatically formats it through Rufus to FAT32

Strange! at this point I'd put in a ticket with JJP support and see what they say. I've never done a full install, so maybe that is why its wanting to do a reboot.

#1601 1 year ago

How? Where? I definately need one of these.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from Baba_Booey:

I originally wanted the CE but decided the blue on the LE looks better and I didn't really care for the topper on the CE so the only thing that I had to have was the shooter knob so I made one.
[quoted image]

Same with me (although admittedly, I am ahving a bit of CE envy now)

Quoted from Baba_Booey:

It is Painted on a 1 1/2 acrylic ball

My wife is pretty crafty, so I am thinking I can get some help on this, LOL. Did you buy a shooter rod and with the acrylic ball on it and then paint it? care to share where you got it?

Thnx!

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Thank you so much for your response- it really helped. My diverter screw was also loose, almost completely off.. the diverter was laying on its side when I opened up the cover. Now the ball isn't getting stuck, but I think I need the same spring you received as sometimes it doesn't go back after it diverts. Do you have a part number or anything I can tell JJP I need? Thanks again for taking the time to share your pics and discuss the problem!!!

No worries. I did not end up replacing that spring, I just heard somone else in this thread mention they did. Mine has worked fine since tightening things up and adjusting the position of the cover a little. The key is, try it under test mode witht he cover off, if it functions fine you might just need to adjust the cover (there is a little bit of slack/slop on mine so i could move it around a smidge before tightening those 4 screws). If you mention the diverter to JJP in a support ticket, and that its having some issues returning, they may just send you a stronger spring. Let us know what they say if you go that route.

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Hey all quick question we talked about this once before ;
What does anyone recommend I do with the weak plunger power;
Even when I do auto-plunge balls never loop around ;
They get rejected back from the ramp;
Sometimes I go for the skill shot and other times
I just prefer to auto plunge with hopes of the ball reaching the right flipper and skip the skill shot; but it seems all balls are rejected
Should I increase the plunge power ? If so what is the setting called(total newbie) and what should i set it to?
Or should I just let it be??
I noticed the plunger isn’t “perfectly“ centered behind the ball either so that could be an issue ; I’ll have to make a list and have the tech come out again Ooof

My .02, update your profile so people know where you are located. Most areas have a local thread so that you can talk to others in your area. do a search or ask for help finding it. You'll find most pinheads friendly and happy to help, also a fun way to make some new friends that would probably be more than happy to help make a minor tweak. More than likely something is binding/touching the plunger or it's not hitting the ball square in the middle and needs some adjustment.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Lol good response. Mine was going to be less civil..

Agree, enough spamming the club thread. Try your regional for sale thread. Also, check out the toy story pinball facebook group.

#1657 1 year ago

I would try a few things:
- Unplug and re-plug both ends of the HDMI cable
- Leave the HDMI cable unplugged, when the game turns on, I would assume you'd see some kind of message on the screen from the monitor (that its on, nothing plugged in, etc etc)
- If you got another HDMI cable hanging around, try swapping it in to rule out the cable being bad.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

Carnival wheel question: I was going to ask JJP for a new sticker for this because mine has a small nick in the extra ball section. Then I was looking through some other TS4 posts and I noticed that their sticker had the same notch. I then looked for all the photos I could find and this seems to be like this on all the ones I could find.
My question to all of you is this, is this a problem with all TS4s? And, if so, why?
Once you see it, you can’t unsee it.
[quoted image]

It's there so if you have to replace it the notch matches up with the wheel. 100% normal

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

So who all is still waiting for their CE, direct from JJP? I haven't reached out to JJP yet, but figured I would have heard something by now. I figured they are shipping by area. I'm in CA.

It's not by location, depends on when you ordered it. I would reach out to sales and see where you are in the queue.

#1698 1 year ago

Thanks for posting this, missed it earlier. gonna give this a try. Although I have adjusted my playing to always go for her cheeks instead of a front on shot, she drops every time that way.

#1709 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Yes, and I can get 2 in a row ~20% of the time. No one has ever managed 3 on my game.

I have my pitch a little steeper than normal, maybe 6.9. I ended up turning up the power on the mini flipper because I didn't feel like it had enough power to get around the loop at that pitch. I can make two loops easy when fed from the woody saucer (maybe 50% of the time?) 3 in a row is more rare, maybe 20% of the time.

I always try to start super loops on the wheel first so if I happen to get 3 in a row at any point I've already qualified the scene and will complete it. Nothing sucks more than getting 3 loops in a row and seeing the damn message about it not counting because you didn't qualify the scene, lol.

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from Ediblebard:

Hey everyone! Just a few nights ago when I turned on the game I got the devastating "Test report: Open coin door" message. It turns out the "Right Loop Enter" switch #42 has gone bad. I was able to test other switches in switch test mode and they all work fine, but the Right Loop Enter switch does nothing when I try to actuate the switch (With a ball or just by pressing it). I've unplugged it and reseated the connection but it never came back. (The only thing I haven't tried is testing the switch with a multimeter) From looking in the manual, on page 87, shows what I believe is the correct switch. Can anyone confirm if I can replace this switch with this one from Pinball Life? Also, has anyone tried to take off the Duke Caboom jump ramp landing plastic? It looks easy enough with just a few screws.. but I want a second opinion before I just start tearing things apart!
https://www.pinballlife.com/1225-switch-assembly-for-1-bank-drop-targets.html
Thanks!
[quoted image]

A little soon for it to be a bad switch. I'd pull the PF out to the service position since that guy is kinda hard to get to, pull the switch cover off and just make sure its connected, make sure it's actually making contact when that wire gate goes both ways, etc. It's possible something is disconnected at the switch or it just needs adjustment. If it's still not working after that, open a ticket with JJP, they'll send you a new switch.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from Ediblebard:

Yeah, I'm going to test with a multimeter next. It seems the switch itself doesn't make the little 'click' when activated. As in, the switch mech itself, and not the JJP switch sound effect when a switch is activated.

If its not clicking, it could be as simple as a little extra bend of the thin metal piece coming off of it. Getting the cover off (and maybe just pull the switch out) should give you a feel for what the issue is. But yeah, had plenty of issues with my TMNT too, haha. Half the fun of pinball is keeping them up and running.

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I’m getting a new Toy Story 4 CE this Sunday (new in box). Should I expect any problems, or is there anything I need to address right away besides updating the code to the newest code?

The usual new pinball stuff: check switches and make sure things are registering as they should, check for any damage (cab, legs, lockdown bar, etc). Check the plunger, make sure its hitting the ball square in the center and not binding on anything.

TS4 specific stuff: make sure the kaboom jump ramp, gabby gabby pop-up and spinning wheel are as level as possible with the PF. Make sure the spinners are spinning freely (on mine, the woody spinner was rubbing against the plastic next to it). Try the woody saucer eject, some have had to play with the coil power settings (more or less) so that it feeds the upper right flipper nicely (I also had to play with the one way gate right above that flipper so that the ball would bounce off that and feed nicely to the fliper). Check the ramp diverter on the left side, just go into test mode and activate it several times, make sure its going up and down and not binding on the plastic cover.

Other than that, play and enjoy your new game!

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

Hi all, i have a problem with ball getting stuck in multiple places..
The most common is in the top right..i will post a photo showing it…not sure why but it happens quite often and wont release until we get another ball to hit it…
Not sure how to correct this as its very annoying
The other spot is the left most drain..when it goes down the the kickback portion..with no kickback the ball sometimes gets stuck at the opening to the kick back…
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Don't rely on the bubble level, use an app on your phone or buy a digital level with inclination. This will allow you to check left to right to make sure its level that way as well. There is a star post beneath and to the right of that one way gate where it sticks, if the machine is tilted to the right I could see it resting there. If that isnt it, check that gate to make sure its moving freely. If they did a pour job on the wire bending or if it's binding I could see that holding on to the ball as well.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

My CE machine was made last month. Do you think that a lot of the problems have been fixed? Have the problems been fixed with newer machines?

No big problems that I am aware of other than the ocassional QC issue.

1 week later
#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

Just got a new ce yesterday. Beautiful machine. Just noticed the spinning wheel is not perfectly centered. Does this need to be fixed or is that normal?
[quoted image]

Others can chime in, but looks normal to me. Most important thing is to make sure it's level

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

shooter rod sitting to low? cant adjust the housing and move it up? i had to file the bottom of mine as it was sitting to high and topping the ball.

agree on this, I'd try these suggetions before messing with the hangers, etc. You can also adjust the lockdown reciever (I had to move mine slightly to the left so the lockdown bar would fit in there nicely)

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Follow-up. Scratch caused by left trough spot-light. You might want to check that to avoid scratching. Boy, I'm glad I kept my CE. It's far better than the "haters" said. If Stern Munsters LE can get $18K, so will TS4CE in a few years.

Wish I would have gotten a CE, but as a buyer right when they were released, i saw all the CE's get grabbed up and figured the only way I coulda got one was to pay a flipper way over it's worth. Hindsight! lol. that being said, love this game, CE or LE they are beautiful machines.

#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I actually prefer the blue but, I really liked the topper and was able to make a fair trade at the time.

True, I do like the blue and prefer the LE cab art over the CE, but yeah, the topper looks pretty cool

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Anyone know what the fix is for a stuck left ramp diverter? It doesn't seem stuck all the time and not sure when or how it decides to get stuck. Many times, when rescuing Forky for the first time, I will hit left ramp and it diverts to the right flipper but still calls for the first shot in the sequence of the ramp, which is not the correct sequence. I'm on the beta build code and thought it was a code bug but I am getting some switch errors for that diverter but it doesn't always happen. I'm sure it's an easy tweak so thank in advance for the insights. LTG to the rescue?!!!!

I had the same problem. The issue for me was: the screw on the bottom of the diverter coil was loose which allowed it to rub up again the side of the cover. This was causing it to stick and be un-reliable. I took the cover off, removed the diverter, tightened up the screwp, re-installed (I also adjusted the cover a bit) and it's been good to go ever since.

Details and pictures are on my original posting in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/32#post-7246250

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Have a recently received CE last week. Played great up until today. Getting resets and not starting. Took off driver plate to do the ATX reset but the game started up again without any changes. Then, during game play, stopped and game restarted. I'm assuming a loose connection? Thoughts on what to reseat or check? Thanks.

When you were trying to start it and it wouldnt boot up, what would you see on the screen?

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Nothing, all dark.

Ok, next: normally when you power up the game, a little light show will happen with the inserts and lights on the PF before the PC screen comes on, is that happening?

(trying to sort out if this is an issue with the PC, or power to the entire game)

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks. I'm getting different things. During game play, the game just locks up and resets. Other times, during a game it locks up, a few things are lit, and it again resets. One time the game didn't start and everything was dark. I talked to JP the first time when it would not even start. At that time, I took off the plate to driver board to do an "ATX reset" but when I turned on the game to do the reset, it started up. I closed it back up, and then started to see the other issues listed. Meaning, game starting and during gameplay getting resets.

if the majority of the time it boots up fine but ocassionally resets during the game, I would look in the backbox where the PC mainboard is and just check the plugs (CPU FAN, etc) I would also unplug and re-plug in the SSD drive (assuming they still use these).

if it often is not booting up at all, thats why i asked about the little light show on the PF that starts as soon as you kick the power on, if that is NOT happening, perhaps there is an issue with the power supply (loose cable, etc or maybe its just a bad unit)

#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks everyone for the help. Makes sense the machine is shutting down if fan stops working and "PC" starts to overheat. Will check all the connections and reseat.

Keep us posted, sucks when you cant enjoy a new toy.

1 week later
#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

When I power in my TS CE it tells me to open the coin door and gives this message but still plays ok. Is this a bug?
[quoted image]

Go into switch test mode with glass off, manually flip a flipper bat, does the eos switch activate? If all are failing there is likely a loose cable for that series of switches.

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

It was the J601 connection. Many thanks!
I told support yo u helped me Thank you.
Our post in the Fennel Cake building thing doesn't release the ball unless we click both buttons, if we do not, it does go into looking for the ball and then kicks it out. Testing that switch later tonight.
I feel like my sterns may need a single adjustment but my JJPs like GNR, needed several fixes/adjustments and TS feels the same.

The fennel cake bldg houses the diverter, if that is getting stuck down or up, I had to adjust mine. details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/32#post-7246250

If you are talking about the post that locks the ball before the fennel cake bldg, if there is something binding, it can get stuck up (or not pop up at all) so I would just check the coil/mechanics under the PF and see if it works smoothly or if it is rubbing or getting stuck on something.

#2052 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Does JJP sell replacement plastics? Looked on the website and didn’t see anything for Toy Story

No listing on their store for TS4 parts yet, you have to call or email (I suggest calling, and if they dont answer, leave your info)

1 month later
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I adjusted the Gabby Gabby head since it wasn't registering like stated in the earlier post. But unfortunately now it is registering but her nose keeps getting dirty very easily. Has everyone else had the same issue?
Also it's really hard to hit the skill shoot. Is that just the way it is, or do I need to adjust something?
Thanks.

Mine only drops when i get a soft shot her way or glance off either side. I tried the adjustments Kef mentioned but didn't have a lot of luck, care to share how you adjusted yours? unfortunately, i dont think there is much to be done about her getting dirty, that is just one mech that is gonna need an ocassional cleaning if you get a decent amount of traffic/plays.

For the skill shot, i think the only way to make it easier is to put a softer spring on the shooter.

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I know I already asked this question about Gabby Gabby's nose getting constantly dirty. But if I clean it off and then play a game. By the end of that first game its dirty again.
I pulled the glass and look down as Gabby Gabby's head drops. Looks like her nose is rubbing the metal release for her drop target mechanism. That's the part I'm wondering if its normal or it needs to be adjusted more?
Otherwise when the ball hits her head it drops immediately for the most part.
Thanks.

I don't think that is normal, I whipe mine down maybe once a month and she stays pretty clean

1 month later
#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

There is something else going on here not related to the diverter rubbing up against other plastics. I checked it several times today, made sure it was positioned well, had clearance through it's entire path of travel and it's not rubbing against the cover or the plastic ramp. Sometimes it will go up enough for the ball to just graze under it but a lot of times it only makes it half way up or sometimes it doesn't go up at all. I don't know if this is a sign of a stronger spring being needed or something to do with the coil/hinge mechanism.

I am thinking, stronger spring perhaps. Maybe play it with the cover off to watch how it behaves.

2 weeks later
#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's cool something was added but where's the notes for additional callouts, expanding upon existing or adding more modes, adding different music to the carnival modes? A meat and potatoes substantial code update has been missing from JJP for a long time.

I'd love to see that meat and potatoes update but I wont hold my breath, haha. I hope it comes some day though for sure.

1 week later
#2419 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I just did one side and Mylar the other. Couldn’t get loose like it’s glued down or something.

I just mylar it too, love cliffy (I can never get enough switch slot protectors!) but for HUO mylar has worked out well for me.

2 weeks later
#2510 11 months ago

I thought the topper was homebrew too, lol until I pulled it up and Zach's site and it said officially licensed. I was hoping for more but its better than nothing I suppose.

4 months later
#2873 6 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

I'm getting a
Lock up Drop target. Check device. Malfunction detected
If I do a device test it basically won't drop, but if I hold left flipper and test it drops.
I'll open up the tabke tomorrow but anyone have any suggestions on what I should look for exactly?

Lift up the playfield and check the drop mech manually. When it's up can you press on the target and it drops? If you lift it back up does it stay? The coil (small coil ) next to it, drops it by pushing a little metal tab into it to push it back and make it drop, manually try making that work. You'll likely find one of the above not working

#2875 6 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Thanks, yea I looked and it all seemed good but my solution was as someone posted a while ago... bumping up the drop down target coil amount helped fix my issue... definitely doing the test in the device test settings helped (where u see a photo of the rv)

Glad someone posted and you were able to get it sorted, I must have missed that post during all the "sling-power" stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
$ 16.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=arcadenerd925 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.