IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 1 year ago

Have a CE on order but bought an LE yesterday after playing it day 1. Put 3-4 hours on it tonight, this thing is magic. Only complaint might be be long ball times, but the code is really good, doesn’t get boring. Only stopped to go to bed.

People walking away from this before playing it because it doesn’t have a $50 mech in it are nuts, will regret it once everybody realizes how good it is. I was bummed about #4 as well, but them I realized I’m 48, haven’t thought about the movie Toy Story (other than hearing about it coming from JJP) in 10 years (when my kids watched it), why do I care as long as the integration is good. And JJP did a nice job of working around the license to bring a lot of Buzz and Woody.

#116 1 year ago

After close to 100 plays, still really happy with this game, the way it shoots, the satisfying shots/combos, the awesome lightshow, and the call-outs/music. Originally I thought this shooter was easy, because I was taking the easy shots. Now that I’m more familiar with rules, I’m taking the harder shots (road trip lock and believe it or not the narrow scoop), and missing is somewhat punishing (in a miss the shot in Wonka sort of way, draining, outlanes are hungry for misdirected balls). Also, the Lawlor “pops to drain” does exist in this design and got me quite a few times today!

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Aww man...the only thing I dislike about Wonka.

Not as regular as Wonka. I actually like the 4 pop bumpers with the laser beam sound effects and the super fast action. It’s sort of a safe space to hit to get a short breather although a couple came down the pipe quick out of there!

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Has anyone got scorbit enabled on ts4 yet? I can’t seem to connect to update but I’m on Wi-Fi?

it worked last week, but had some problems over the weekend and still wasn't working as of last night (shows me logged in as ball 2 with 990k points, but that's not what's happening on my machine!)

Haven't tried today.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Manually updated to 1.05 today and I was able to get Scorbit working however something is still wrong because the game doesn’t know what time it is I’m afraid to mess with the clock settings other than changing the time zone which I did and it is still not displaying the correct time version 1.04 did not have Scorbit coded into it is my theory. I also didn’t see a cable run to the coin door for inserting the USB stick so I had to remove one of the dongle’s on the Coin door board FYI in case anyone is experiencing similar issues

I had to do the same with the USB port.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I think an update should drop soon and we should be able update via Wi-Fi now that we have 1.05 installed.

I thought my clock was not syncing as well, but the series of buttons you have to push to choose to get it to save is confusing, took me a few tries. I finally got it to save on the correct timezone, and the clock works fine on 1.05. That could have something to do with was was confusing Scorbit.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Guy posted an le on market for $7500 saying horrible get it out of here. Maybe a joke but that’s a crazy loss.

same guy is selling a Black Knight for $12k, that's a troll.

#147 1 year ago

Anybody know what angle the flippers are meant to be mounted at on TS4? I ask because they come more horizontal than I like. Interestingly my Wonka CE came with them aligned to the inlane guides (which I like), but the new Wonkas came like this TS (bent up a little for lack of better description). I'll probably move them down to a more drooped position (which will make the left ramp backhand tough if not impossible), but just wondering if this is how the assembly line person decided to mount them, or if I'm going against something Lawlor designed!

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put some games on GNRCE and WonkaCE tonight.
Love those games. Beautiful pins.
Anybody that has a new Toy Story how does it compare wow factor wise.
Tough to beat GNR for me and Wonka is really cool.

Wonka is my favorite game, I’ve got a CE. Also have a GnR CE that I don’t think that I’ll ever sell because its so cool, but not crazy about the way it plays, so super satisfying shots. TS4 is much more like Wonka, same draw to hit start again, but easier, longer ball times. Wow factor wise, GnR probably wins, but just not that fun to me.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Fixed it for ya….fwiw I agree on the GnR CE being too badass to ever sell….I love Wonka too but preferred the Sparkle Blue to the Red as it matches the artwork better and included the Brats on the back glass, and not a fan of granny’s custom callouts or the topper (preferred the jjp wonkatania topper)…TS4 CE seems like it checks off all the boxes for me…red armor matches the carnival theme better (and won’t clash with the Sparkle Blue Wonka) and the shots appear to be a step up from Wonka…I’m not big on exposed plastic ramps and, unlike Wonka where they are fully exposed, TS4 does a pretty good job covering them up….I also find that the larger LCD screen is very helpful in clarifying what needs to be done and even has a nice countdown on the bottom to give the player a much more accurate idea of how much time remains in a particular mode…so much easier to figure things out with it and no need to continually look up at the back glass monitor….going back to the smaller lcd’s after playing TS4 you really feel the impact…

The carnival modes are definitely improved with the big LED screen, knowing how many shots are left. I didn't use it for the first 50 games because I'm not used to having that information so visible. I didn't mean to make it look like I'm dogging GnR, if I were to have friends over (that are my age) to show them how cool pinball machines are, GnR would be where I'd start and we'd have a blast! But if I'm out by myself with an hour or so, it's Wonka every time (and I'll throw in an Elwin design here and there).

#165 1 year ago

You mentioned “no super satisfying shots” in GnR…curious what you would consider as a “super satisfying shot” in Wonka & TS4.

Wonka a good right orbit spinner rip from the upper left flipper to Wonkavator lock. The upper right hand Lawlor shot (on Wonka its the saucer, but TAF Vault, TZ quick lock/free ball shot).

TS4 - 3rd/4th shot on the Forky combo (center scoop). Duke Kaboom Ramp (feels good every time!).

The GnR center spinner is a good shot but probably the easiest shot of the game. I don't mean to dog GnR, I have a CE that is bolted to the floor forever because it's such a crowd pleaser, but it's just not my favorite shooter. It's clearly not the designer, POTC (sitting right next to my GnR) has some top level fun shots!

#166 1 year ago

After about 150 games played, the shine is worn off a little and I've got a couple of comments/questions (trailing my first impressions of playing it, not just looking at it, which were very good):

-I can't get the Bo Peep Loops scene done. Been through all the others (assuming if it flashes it means you started but didn't finish but still counts to get you to the wizard?), maybe I can't even get it started. What do I need to do to start/finish that scene? I might need to adjust that gate above the small flipper. Had to repair that switch which came undone and had to loosen the screw that held that gate to get to it, since I put it back together that loop is much harder, the gate doesn't necessarily settle the ball for the upper right little flipper. But still, not sure what i'm trying to do there to get that scene lit/finished.

-The slings drive me nuts. When I first place this day one on location, maybe it wasn't levelled right, but the slings banged it back and forth for a good 30 seconds, multiple times, very annoying and slows play. On mine at home it's more like 5 seconds and then finally to an outlane (even with all the nudging in the world, that left outlane is hungry). Turned up to 50 (from 35), and didn't really make a difference. GnR seems to be the same way with those lazy slings, haven't noticed it as bad on Wonka (maybe I'll check those coil strengths).

-I've scored 11 million something, and basically did everything except the bo-peep loops and whatever comes after. I'm seeing scores 4-5 times that, assuming I need to learn to work the playfield multiplier. From what I can tell, the only way to get it is the spinner wheel, hit the side target, and then 2x lights. Hitting Duke Kaboom moves it up from 2x to 3x, 3x to 4x, etc. Is this right?

-Extra ball should require a little more work, feels cheap when it's the first item on the spinner.

Installed 1.06 and seems to be a little harder to light the Carnival lock, what's the recipe behind getting it lit?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Multipliers seem to be the answer here. Karl had two balls where he had 78x multiplier (one ball he had it held).
Also, Karl just pointed out that Fireworks is broken. 500k shots forever if you cradle the balls on the right and shoot on the left. He did it for a long time before just quitting to continue playing the game.

I just shot 19 million without the benefit of a multiplier, took forever. Went through most scenes twice. Couldn’t do the wizard because I can’t figure out the Bo-Peep loops. I guess I need to learn the multiplier and Bo-peep scene!

My woody spinner seems to be mostly stuck open )pic attached), so not getting credit for hitting it, ball just passes under. Any suggestions?

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you try bending it a little on the side that isn't straight to give it a little more clearance on the inside between the wire and the bracket? Karl also lubricates his spinners a smidge.
Mine's still enroute, so I can't offer any firsthand advice, just stuff based on what I've seen on streams.

Will try tomorrow!

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from tacreno:

For sure, why not have a few of them even (like trolls from MM).

Code 1.06 has those Benson posts going nuts in one of the modes.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Not seeing 1.06 available on jjp. Did you obtain it via Wi-Fi?

Yes

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

My Toy Story 4 (LE) is loaded up and on its way to my family!
Those of you that have already gotten yours and set it up... are there any gotchas or specific things to look for to ensure it's properly setup or accounted for? Will there be foam blocks or wedges that need to be removed from above/below the playfield before turning it on for the first time?
I know with Stern machines, you should expect to replace the balls fairly quickly with better quality ones. Are JJP machines the same?

I put new balls in just to not have to cut the "goodie" bag open. Here's what I had to do on mine:
-right flipper was binding/weak and stuck up after about 30 games. Had to loosen the bolt holding the flipper under the playfield and re-gap it (give it some up/down play). Allowed the piston to move freely in the coil sleeve.
-right return ramp switch (under the two characters) backing came off and ended up in my shooter lane (after about 15 games). I picked it up, and then took another 20 or so games to realize that switch was not mounted, so fixed.
-left diverter ramp switch (after the diverter on the left ramp returning to the right inlane) somehow bound up and was saying stuck closed. Had to pop the tiny switch button out with a dental tool (it somehow got stuck down), and then adjust the mounting position so that the switch arm would move freely. It's a tight fit between the wire forms. It's also a really ugly switch, somebody should make a magnetic replacement.
-woody spinner was getting stuck horizontal, so ball would roll right under it. was catching on the plastic piece to the left, had to adjust it.
-skill shot (woody spinner) saucer - turned it up to 20 so that it would feed the ball down to the right flipper better (at the default it was bouncing it off the guide making it hard to hit with the small upper right flipper).
-I like Titan flipper rubber, so replaced the flipper rubbers it came with.

Glad you asked? lol

For the record, on my Wonka CE and GnR CE, I didn't have to do anything, still really haven't (after many plays). So this is sort of a first for me with JJP, more common with the new Sterns. I heard the early POTC's were a bit of a bear to get working right out of the box.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the return spring. If that is fine see video to adjust gap using flipper gap spacer thing, or a business card or something similar.

If it's loose, the two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver can be screwed in or out as needed to tighten or loosen the lockdown bar.
Former jjp tech : LTG : )

On mine the spring was fine it was just mounted incorrectly.

The newest thing I've learned about pinball repair / maintenance- tighten those lockbar screws to lower the lockbar. For the longest time I thought backing them out to support the bar was the trick (and should have been smart enough to figure out that it wasn't working!) Duh on me.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wonka and Dialed in went fine because I had the option to manually input WiFi info….. odd that QR is my only option

Mine did that too but you just have to keep navigating around, read the terms and conditions, accept, and go back and eventually it will give you the traditional network options. Not sure the specific steps.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m hear there’s more code coming.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

The wrench if for the trash can

Yeah I wouldn’t use that wrench for anything.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

EDIT: It was a loose connector in backbox at J601.I was looking at the PLAYFIELD J601 like a chump.
Getting 3x stuck EOS switches when I boot my game up. Checked J601 on the board and reseated the connector but did not help. Obviously the EOS switches themselves are gapped properly and working etc. They don't register during switch test. Anyone know anything else I could try before I go to JJP? Might be a dead board?
[quoted image]

I had that exact same problem, just shook loose during shipping.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hello, I received number 257 yesterday and I am having a blast with it. One strange thing is happening and wondered if anyone else is having the same issue. If I leave the game on in attract mode when I'm done, it will freeze up after an hour. At first I thought it would be fixed once I did an update. But I've updated to 1.06 and it's still happening. The two screens and all the lights freeze and the game won't start unless I reboot the machine. Any idea what could cause this? Anyone have it happen to their machine?

I've not had this happen, even with the early code. I think I'd call support on that one.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does the gabby gabby toy take multiple hits to it after the first initial hit? I don’t know the rules and haven’t watched much gameplay footage so not sure if the opto isn’t registering it sometimes or if it just takes multiple hits to get her to go back down

No it's just stubborn on some direct hits (I've seen a few), probably just needs some adjusting. No different than the MM trolls.

#325 1 year ago

After 250 or so plays, still enjoying the game, reached the “meet me at the carousel” several times and almost all the way through. Those “easy” shots get harder in a final wizard mode! I think I’m pretty good (not a pro by any means), some shots are easy (so easy and fun for noobs), but there are easier games out there (Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic, and MM are a few that I own).

I don’t think this game tops my favorite, Wonka, but it’s a good game and I’m glad I have it, it had and will get tons of plays. The cons after the newness wears off for me are the soft, slow, and bouncy slings, and the pops. Between the two of these you can watch your timers erode without even getting to touch the ball. Hoping they can do something in the software to stop the timers (ball save, modes, etc) while the game plays itself. I know I can maybe make adjustments myself or the coils strengths, but I like to play the game the way it was designed to be played.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Your scoop eject may need to be dialed down. If the ball is not transitioning out of the scoop right it won’t feed the flipper well and make it hard to hit the loop.
As far as qualifying it for carousel multiball, I think you need to have super spinner on the wheel - or at least that makes it way easier. Otherwise you’ll need to hit it 3 consecutive times. Yikes

I actually dialed my skill shot/woody eject up, and it feeds really nice now, comes out softer. Counter-intuitive but worked.

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:In terms of difficulty where does TS4 stand against MB? That’s been a highly rated game for a long time but it’s very easy even for a novice. Even some great players like MB, they might not own it but they still appreciate it. Is it even easier than MB? If so then I understand peoples criticism there.

Pretty close, but I thought MB was easier. Finished it in fewer total plays.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from azox:

I agree with your comment and it was the one thing I was afraid of before we bought the game. People just need to remember that you can make any game super easy. Once we got it out of the box we set it a bit steeper and the preset to HARD and it's been very challenging for us to play and we like it that way.
We too are trying to figure out how to get the carnival lock lit. My wife seems to think it lights up after you collect a character, but it unlights if you start to collect the next one. (however we are not sure yet). I do wish they had the characters you collect show up on the display while you play. (Yes I know you can hold the flipper buttons down to see it, but it would be better to have them join the main screen after they are collected.)
Still over all this has been a great addition to the game lineup. In someways it kind of reminds us of the neat rule set on Congo. It's like a collection of mini modes and each of them are just fun to play. (It's also cool to see Figment from Epcot in the game too )

Character collection (or qualifying) builds towards lighting the lock. Definitely related. Can’t lock during a character mode, but it comes back on after finished with the mode (I think).

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Agreed - Bo Peep Loops is really difficult to complete unless you chain 3+ loops together, which basically requires luck in my opinion because the tiny flipper struggles to chain the shots.

This in my opinion is the hardest scene to complete but with practices becomes very doable. Not easy though. I changed my scoop eject to 20 (which is higher than default) and it puts it right in the flipper every time.

If you start by focusing on this by default you’ll knock out the spinner scene too.

1 week later
#505 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

If you want to see bad, look at a Stern playfield after a few months. If you thought you are seeing "imperfections" on the JJP pin, you would be very very disappointed in a modern Stern playfield.

Some of mine look like the surface of a golf ball!

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from johnpaulstein:

Sup guys. 2 questions.
Everyone is talking about the left diverter ramp switch. Mine is throwing an error. Where exactly is this switch? I can’t find it.
Where are people grabbing 12v from for things like flipper fans and extra LEDs?

I believe it’s the big metal arm switch on the left ramp return after the diverter on the wireform (returning to the right in lane). Mine was jammed closed, it’s a tight fit. Mine needed adjustment.

1 week later
#597 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for the post, I think I’ve been letting the negative vibes on this game get to me.
It’s good to see people loving it. I did have fun playing it on location, I just hope it doesn’t flame out too quickly for us.

I've got mine right next to my Wonka now - both made it from the pool house / pin hall to inside the house (and still married). They are two great games to go back and forth between. I'm quite excited to get the CE (even though I've already got an LE). The more I play, the less I understand the vitriol towards this game, ranked 145? Give me a break! Although my buddy chose to chill under Wonka.

IMG_3233 (resized).jpgIMG_3233 (resized).jpg
#631 1 year ago

One of these ones is not like the other (but not for long). Lermods backbox LED’s bring the cabinet to life. I chose cool white for TS4, may go warm for Wonka. Easy 5-min install.

5DC662E6-DF39-4464-9E60-25B3DABB3853 (resized).jpeg5DC662E6-DF39-4464-9E60-25B3DABB3853 (resized).jpeg
#662 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Actually, owners seem to be pretty satisfied with it.

Makes no sense why it’s rated so low. I really enjoy it.

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:Yes that's all I play. I'm getting deeper into the game. I'm finding out that some of the so called "easy shots" are not that easy. One factor is the continues changes of options throughout the game generated by the spinning wheel. For example the extra ball lights up in the scoop and you better get it soon or it'll be gone before you know it. The skill shot continues to challenge me every time; and the sequence to rescue forky is challenging because if you miss your scoop shot, you have to start with the forky targets all over again.

The people that say this game is easy because they watched a pro's webcast, are greatly mistaken. There are a few easy shots. There are also a few really hard shots (that you need to make to progress) that are punishing if you miss.

1 week later
#746 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

That's what tells it all, 163 is fake news.

1 week later
#834 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Agree, price will (and has) dip due to flipper miscalulations, but if your in it for the long game I believe it will rebound fine

I agree with this. I lucked out and got one of the unsold wonka CE’s that was sitting at JJP when they didn’t sell, and it’s got great value now. We all know the pirates story as well. TS4 had some factors working against that type of story (starting with 1000 vs 500), but I think it will be fine if value , and worst case, JJP just took the flippers out of the equation and it’s worth MSRP down the road. My 2 cents, looking forward to my CE!

1 week later
#886 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

For the plunger, i would check to see if something is binding

My plunger rubber/e-clip was catching the autoplunger and it was hitting the ball, weakly. Adjusted the positioning and fixed it right up.

#931 1 year ago

Is it true that when you qualify the Gabby MB and are trying to shoot a shot to start it, the Benson Posts individually Pop Up randomly to block your shot with a weird sound effect? If so, that is a pretty unique mech that I don’t recall seeing discussed….

This is a mode, and it’s pretty cool (and annoying when it rejects a shot to SDTM)! For whatever reason, In any other machine than TS4, it would count as a mech!

4 weeks later
#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Does anyone have a Wonka CE and TS CE side by side? Curious how that might look.

0E8A097F-D809-49C0-8056-C94D3571EEB9 (resized).jpeg0E8A097F-D809-49C0-8056-C94D3571EEB9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hardware
Pinball Haven

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=RobbyIRL5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.