IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 1 year ago

In for a CE and can’t wait. My family loves Toy Story and our favorite ride at Disney is Toy Story Midway Mania. This pin seems to combine elements of that incredibly fun ride/game.
The release of this game has unfortunately shone a bright light on how negative and vitriolic Pinside can be. Everyone should just play the game to judge it for themselves. Yesterday I went to an arcade and played a bunch of machines that are in the top 20 on Pinside and I liked some and not others. Loved Monster Bash. Really liked Elvira. Liked Rush and Rick and Morty. Didn’t care for Mandolorian, Iron Maiden, Black Knight.

#124 1 year ago

Looks like a live twitch stream of Toy Story 4 with Buffalo pinball tonight at 8pm EST

Twitch.tv/buffalopinball

2 weeks later
#388 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Tell JJP to ship my CE and I'll do one.

You taught my son how to play Wonka...and swear

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh...I'm really sorry about that. I never expected these videos to have the legs they did.
I'll try and watch my tongue for the next one.

No, don’t change a thing. It’s funny. But yeah, your “how to” videos were incredible.

We should do a “go fund me” for your Any potential LE diminution of value so you can buy one now, record videos and sell it when your CE is ready.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think that ship has sailed - Annie Potts callouts are in the CE bump.

Or additional signatures? Should have had Tim Allen busy with a sharpie while he recorded callouts

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

I spent many hours of research and these seem to be the most detailed I can find.
Medicom UDF Ultra Detail Figure ( out of circulation )
Disney Figure Magical Collection ( Japan Only out of circulation )
Disney Pixar Toy Story Deluxe Figurine Play Set that you can still buy on Amazon.
The pizza planet truck, hot wheels.
Mr potato head is Funko retro toys mini or 1995 Burger King toy which is movie accurate.
Also Toy Story Aliens Big Bucket O' Little Green are really detailed and 3 different poses may be worth looking at.
I posted photos in the mod thread =)

Great list. I found these green aliens to be more detailed.

Japan Disney TOMY Toy Story Little Green Man Alien Magical Collection Figure Kid

2 weeks later
#603 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I do have this same concern.
Wonka is the best coded JJP so far IMO. We've been playing it for three years solid and still it keeps us going.

Can’t Karl work his way through Pure Imagination quickly as well? I mean we are talking about one of the best here…

3 weeks later
#830 1 year ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I received my TS4 CE this weekend. Being honest I was going to sell it because I have too many games coming in. The only reason I did not sell it was multiple people were saying they needed 2-3 weeks to get their money together. I figured it was easier to keep the game, play it fora bit and then sell it. Here are my first impressions of the CE.
The game is drop dead gorgeous; the cabinet looks awesome, and art is absolutely brilliant. Putting it next to my Sterns and CGCs I can see why JPPs are more money.
The topper is pretty impressive. I heard people dishing on it, before they saw it. Comments were it is cheap...it is not cheap at all. It is by far my heaviest topper. Heavier then even the Elite Topper for Indiana Jones. It looks pretty cool, and it seems the farther you get in the game the cooler stuff it seems to do (I am not sure about that, hard to play and watch the topper)
The art blades match the theme really well. The light show is pretty cool, lots of flashing lights...includes lights under the cab as well.
The rules are pretty approachable as every one has mentioned. My 20-something year old kids came over and were excited to play some games...the only of my pins they care to play. So I am sure it will be a hit with non pinheads.
Not much else to say since it looks and plays just like a LE.
For those of you on the fence about getting a CE. If you can pick on up at $12,500 or $13,000 it is a steal I would jump on it. $15,000 is hard pill to swallow when you compare TS4 CE versus my Godzilla LE... but looking at the game I can see how the BOM is higher on TS4 then Godzilla even if the playfield does not reflect that statement. My personal opinion on price is if this came out at $13,000 for a CE, people would be all over it.
Overall I am happy with my decision to keep TS4CE. I am hoping that the code gets a little deeper, either way I am sure it will be a hit with the family. Of course YMMV, but I know someone who was walking away from their $2500 deposit...with JPP...I would pick up that game in a heartbeat for $12,5000.
Be well...happy flipping![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Can’t wait for mine. It looks like there are a lot of signatures on the plaque. Any idea who signed?

#831 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Congrats! Can’t wait for mine. It looks like there are a lot of signatures on the plaque. Any idea who signed?

Is that Tim Allen’s signature below Pat Lawlor?

#840 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm on vacation at Disney and its clear to me that it was Disney's direction to implement the carnival theme into the TS4 theme. I was at the World of Disney store at Disney Springs and the TS4 murals on the walls were carnival themed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's also clear from what is one of the most popular rides at Disney World. Toy Story Midway Mania. Always a family favorite and lots of easter eggs to exploit!

4 weeks later
#1094 1 year ago

Have had a chance to put 70 games on my CE. Glad I didn't become dissuaded by the Pinside hate. I will start by saying it took me 40 or so games to really get a hang of it and my enjoyment on the machine increased exponentially after that point.

Theme- At release, I was surprised by the use of Toy Story 4, but the game plays like a Toy Story carnival adventure. You get the superior cut scenes from the most recent movie while getting all of the callouts one would expect "There's a snake in my boots" "To Infinity and beyond". When playing this game, I didn't feel any pangs of wishing that the game had all four movie assets. Would have been nice, but it doesn't detract from the game for me. My children like the Toy Story franchise and really like this game. We also have Godzilla, Deadpool, Rick and Morty, Wonka and The Big Lebowski. They put this game near the top of that list. We also had a kids sleepover where most games were flipped on TS4 and these were kids who had not played any of the other machines and were new to pinball. Yes, we had RM and TBL on family mode

Appearance- The artwork on this game is stunning. The CE sparkle, the red color, the lights, the topper. Playing it with the lights down really shows off the topper.

Humor- There is a lot of humor in this game. You will be made fun of by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear) when you can't make a shot. There is a classic cut scene that my son loved from the movie where an army guy is left hanging on a high five. Honestly, bricking the Duke Caboom ramp is pretty funny in of itself.

Shots - I wanted this to be Dialed IN with a better theme as Dialed in shoots the best of the JJPs IMHO. I had been told before and I can confirm this game shoots on par with Dialed IN. Needs some "dialing in" to make it perfect though.

Value - Talk to me in a year or so or if I decide to sell. If it keeps 80-90% of original price, that would be acceptable. Would it be nice if it were cheaper? Of course. Did I feel pangs of buyer's remorse after playing it? Absolutely not.

Sound - Love the sound and the music. The Annie Potts callouts are very good (not sure what is exclusive to CE) and the Tim Allen callouts really bring the game together.

I want to get to a couple hundred games before rating the machine, but I can already see that this one is rated WAAAAY too low.

1 week later
#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Does anyone have a Wonka CE and TS CE side by side? Curious how that might look.

I have mine in different locations in the house. I think someone posted the lockdown bars side by side. Quite similar. I think they would look great next to one another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=Noma2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.