IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 1 year ago

CE confirmed on day 1, within first 5 seconds. So excited and hunkering down for the long wait until Fall! Thanks for starting this thread which is enriched for folks advancing the hobby and helping each other out vs the whining and negativity in the hype threads!

2 weeks later
#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Added a few toys to the playfield for my lovely wife If this game is geared towards kids….. let the toys be plenty!!
[quoted image]

I just hope the CE I'm waiting on looks this good! I really like the blue honestly. But sparkly CE playfield is a draw!

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Tell JJP to ship my CE and I'll do one.

I bought a WW CE NIB because of your video! Thanks and bring on another for TS! I'm also waiting on my CE so no rush...lol

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Looking forward to playing this game -- two local places near me have theirs so I'm hoping to swing by to check em out. In the meantime, I finished up my 3D Start Button for Toy Story, inspired by Woody's badge/backdrop on the apron.
[quoted image]
The outside edge and the badge area light up, and is bridged by START in Toy Story-esque lettering. 3D printed with 5 different filaments, so it's a single solid piece.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Available in my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07011-3d-start-button-toy-story-4 -- but please note I'm in the process of getting ready for Southern Fried Gaming Expo (plus have out-of-town visitors, day job, and other duties) so order processing will be delayed until after that. (7/15-7/17)

Just have to say that you do amazing work! My 15 yr old son wants to start a 3d print business and yours is his inspiration. Just amazing! Keep up the great work.

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're just about there.

In that case maybe they'll pop CEs on the line sooner? Wishful thinking?

2 weeks later
#560 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I’m really enjoying this pin thus far. Very approachable per my wife and kids.
The road trip lock post does not release the balls on the first try. The post moves down then back up too quickly it seems which doesn’t allow enough time for the balls to release at the start of multiball. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to fix? I have a note into JJP.
Thx.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Also check for magnetized balls. This happened to me on TMNT. Slightest magnetization and balls wouldn’t release fast enough which caused lock to pump. Switched to Titan standard balls which solved it.

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I believe in most cases issues with magnetized balls are mainly in games with magnets.
I know they can get a charge just from normal coils, like when you're cradling a ball, but it's a lot less common.

Haha sorry does TS not have magnets? I am still waiting on my CE but assumed it did like Wonka.
Hopefully still useful information either way!

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One magnet. In the Fennel Cake shack diverter.

thank you sir!

#596 1 year ago

Anyone know about what number LE is latest off the line? Patiently waiting for CEs to hopefully hit the line in Sept (JJP said Fall)

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Can’t Karl work his way through Pure Imagination quickly as well? I mean we are talking about one of the best here…

the game just released and Wonka is on 2.0 give it time guys! I am sure Joe and Pat are committed to this being a legacy game

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Taking a break but still with the company.Joe Katz and crew will work on improving code just like they did for DI and Wonka

totally agree and Wonka is a masterpiece

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well, I believe I see why. Not all of us have a pool house. You're clearly not dealing with the amount of money that most of us have. The price, for what you're getting, is super off kilter. It seems that money is more frivolously available to you, and perhaps that's why it doesn't hit you the same way as someone that could get two machines, each with more to them, than this singular one.

You have enough disposable income to own 7 pinball machines and you’re giving Robby a hard time about enjoying Toy Story and Wonka? Lol

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Just added mirror blades for those interested in how they look in TS4
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well done! Kind of fits a funhouse carnival theme too! Thanks for sharing

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball Review

Awesome thanks guys!

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

One of these ones is not like the other (but not for long). Lermods backbox LED’s bring the cabinet to life. I chose cool white for TS4, may go warm for Wonka. Easy 5-min install.
[quoted image]

wow huge difference looks like I need 3 sets including my GNR

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Would the ce glass need this too?

Guessing yes. My WW CE back glass is pretty dark

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Nice! I need to mod my Wonka with the cool whites.How do you like that topper?Some complained about how bright it is.What do you think?

That topper so much cooler than the CE topper

3 weeks later
#810 1 year ago

Anyone gets word on their CE shipments? Waiting for word as their Instagram is pumping videos of CE on the line.

2 weeks later
#930 1 year ago

got the call for final CE payment! woohoo

2 weeks later
#1102 1 year ago

PinMonk has helped me on many occasions in various threads about machines I have owned and at no cost. I support the man also expressing his personal views on pinball machines!

1 week later
#1156 1 year ago

my buddy just got a CE yesterday and also no apron cards or signed plaque anywhere so he is contacting JJP. Maybe an issue is latest run. Mine supposed to be coming in next two weeks so will update you all

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

Replaced Bo Peep with Benson
The good thing about having the cake toppers. [quoted image]

Love this! Adds a little edge/Funhouse 2.0 vibe!

2 weeks later
#1304 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I bought my TS CE through the JJP website and I received an email from Jen yesterday my #15 is ready for shipping. I am pretty excited for it to arrive, but for everyone else who also bought their TS CE through JJP I assume this means they are finishing up the orders from distributors as those went first and now are getting to in house orders.

i was just told by my distro that my CE which is now fully paid for 30 days ago is delayed and CEs are “off the line” right now. i ordered it in the first 90 seconds through distro. anyone else hearing about CEs off the line?

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from Padrino:

They made the point as well that distros get them first, found that out when I called trying to understand how

Had to do the same here, needed to shim the shooter assembly to get it to hit the ball well and stop hitting the auto plunger, seems like the shooter was machined with the wrong angle.

i ordered in first 90 seconds through my distro and still don’t have my CE. my buddy’s ordered direct at the exact same time and got his CE three weeks ago

1 month later
#1685 1 year ago

Finally joined the club!!! Looks great next to Wonka CE! Anyone know if the red chrome molding on backbox is available anywhere? Would love to upgrade Wonka to match!

C5ADDD09-13ED-4241-AEC9-434E8DD1980C (resized).jpegC5ADDD09-13ED-4241-AEC9-434E8DD1980C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

So who all is still waiting for their CE, direct from JJP? I haven't reached out to JJP yet, but figured I would have heard something by now. I figured they are shipping by area. I'm in CA.

got my CE last week. I am in NJ

#1775 1 year ago

hey guys when hitting the elusive skill shot, the ball gets teed up in the woody saucer for super skill shot at inner loop. I have hit it several times and each time it doesn’t register. Almost feels like the game is “late” with lighting the loop after it leaves saucer. feels like a code issue but anyone else experience this?

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

AMAZING job!

1 week later
#1871 1 year ago

posting again since no replies and thinking this is a code bug. hoping someone from the JJP team sees. When you hit Skill Shot, the loop is supposed to light to make it a Super Skill shot. But the timing is off…ball ejects from Woody saucer and you hit the loop and then it lights too late after you have hit the loop. Anyone else have this issue where basically it’s impossible to hit super skill shot?

#1894 1 year ago

when playing a two player game the game isn’t allowing player two to enter initials or get on the champ board even when setting new records. code bug?

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad you enjoyed it. I think I'm done trying to say anything positive about the game in other threads. I understand criticism but there's a few on here that have become relentlessly rude when it comes to any positive comments about the game. Hell I made a comment in another thread about having family over for a party and how Toy Story was the most played game. For that comment I was basically told "That's because they were there for two hours and are attracted to lights like flies on $hit" lol really? It's no wonder why JJP staff has sadly been driven away from this site and even others are posting less such as Greg from SDTM.

totally agree the game is fantastic and was by far most played over the break and we have other new games next to it. CCr was also close in the running for most played

1 week later
#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I spent a big part of the day trying to create my own custom shooter rod plate. I am less than a newbie when it comes to this stuff. So much trial and error.
Finally got the print I had envisioned after hours of frustration. As I went to install it, I realized my CE has the Pixar Ball as the shooter rod already. I feel like a total idiot. Learned a lot, but totally dejected. [quoted image]

hey great job and keep up the custom 3D printing work!

#1990 1 year ago

so during a normal game this crazy loud deafening sound came out of the speakers far louder than game was set to. Lasted about 5-10 seconds then stopped. Sounded similar to the weird sound that comes out of the speakers when you power up the game. At first I thought it was coming from the topper but I tested it out and its fine and also the sound was just too loud to have come from anywhere but speakers.
Anyone else experience this and any places to look?

#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I wonder when a new firmware update will come out for this machine. My machine has a weird glitch where if two or more people are playing it will have the person with the lowest score put in their initials, but not the person who got the highest score.

same here. think could be easily fixed with code update

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For those that have Wonka and TS4, how is the gameplay compared? Is there room for both in a small collection? Given Pat L. Designed both do both games flow/shots feel too similar to keep both?
If you observe Dailed In, Wonka and now TS4, I see common shots within his designs but slight difference in the inner shots.
Thoughts?

I own both CEs and they sit next to each other and are different enough IMO

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

so during a normal game this crazy loud deafening sound came out of the speakers far louder than game was set to. Lasted about 5-10 seconds then stopped. Sounded similar to the weird sound that comes out of the speakers when you power up the game. At first I thought it was coming from the topper but I tested it out and its fine and also the sound was just too loud to have come from anywhere but speakers.
Anyone else experience this and any places to look?

Edit: I have original AFM next to TS4. After doing some digging I have found that original AFM on sound ROM 1.0 would make a horribly loud buzzing sound randomly (usually during attract mode like happened to me twice now). My AFM is on v1.0 of sound ROM but an updated version was made to 1.1 to correct this buzzing sound. About to try my hand at my first ROM replacement! This must be the culprit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 16.95
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.