IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 63.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

What are they saying on delivery of the LE's? How long are they taking??

I am wondering the same thing. Sent deposit to distributor 3 minutes after orders opened up and haven't heard anything since. I figured I would be one of the first on the list.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

What are they saying on delivery of the LE's? How long are they taking??

Automated services has them in stock. I picked my game up Saturday. I was not on a list, I just saw he had them and it was done. Mike is a great distributor to deal with.
1335786E-232C-41C6-B296-47997E8CFCBA (resized).png1335786E-232C-41C6-B296-47997E8CFCBA (resized).png

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I am wondering the same thing. Sent deposit to distributor 3 minutes after orders opened up and haven't heard anything since. I figured I would be one of the first on the list.

That's rough! Ours arrived 2 days after the reveal.

#354 1 year ago

Looking forward to playing this game -- two local places near me have theirs so I'm hoping to swing by to check em out. In the meantime, I finished up my 3D Start Button for Toy Story, inspired by Woody's badge/backdrop on the apron.

WoodyApron (resized).jpgWoodyApron (resized).jpg

The outside edge and the badge area light up, and is bridged by START in Toy Story-esque lettering. 3D printed with 5 different filaments, so it's a single solid piece.

ToyStory_all (resized).jpgToyStory_all (resized).jpg
ToyStory_RCP2 (resized).jpgToyStory_RCP2 (resized).jpg

Available in my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07011-3d-start-button-toy-story-4 -- but please note I'm in the process of getting ready for Southern Fried Gaming Expo (plus have out-of-town visitors, day job, and other duties) so order processing will be delayed until after that. (7/15-7/17)

#355 1 year ago

Spent more time on TS4 last night with friends. The 'its too easy' hype is overplayed. Unless you are a very good player, the challenges of the game should keep you in check. The exit from the pops and the slings both very frequently take away a great ball. Keep a tilt on the game, don't make it so super easy in settings and just play! Our audits show an avg of about 5min games right now.

It's sad when you hear people talk about games being too easy.. then you buy a game from someone and you find they've maxed the ball save timers, made EB super easy, lowered requirements, etc. Don't make a game play forever and then complain it's too easy

I did play around with Gabby more after keefer's comments. Mine was still rejecting hard shots pretty regularly. If it helps to think about how it works... the gabby head is connected at a pivot at the back/top of her head, and sticks her chin out towards the player to latch the drop target. So she doesn't go backwards to drop, but rather dips her chin. Based on keefer's comments, before I was trying to push the back of her head back.. but instead this time I tried to really pull her chin forward. I didn't get much play... but afterwards she was going down on every hit, even hard hits. She does pickup ball dirt pretty easily, and wouldn't wipe off dry.. had to use some novus as a solvant and it wiped off. So I expect paint/finish on her to be an issue long term.

Who understand the carnival locks fully? It seems finishing carnival modes is part of the lock enablement? But sometimes it says 'locks enabled' but the lock isn't ready. Does someone know the precise rules around those locks?

#356 1 year ago

In terms of difficulty where does TS4 stand against MB? That’s been a highly rated game for a long time but it’s very easy even for a novice. Even some great players like MB, they might not own it but they still appreciate it. Is it even easier than MB? If so then I understand peoples criticism there.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

In terms of difficulty where does TS4 stand against MB? That’s been a highly rated game for a long time but it’s very easy even for a novice. Even some great players like MB, they might not own it but they still appreciate it. Is it even easier than MB? If so then I understand peoples criticism there.

Different eras unfortunately. So not really a fair comparison as expectations are different.

Toystory has combos and the inner loop is harder… but its other shots like woody and the left ramp are more forgiving. It is easier to start something on TS. But TS has a lot more objectives to check-off before getting to wizard modes.

I would classify both as approachable- and toy story deeper and more breadth.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Spent more time on TS4 last night with friends. The 'its too easy' hype is overplayed. Unless you are a very good player, the challenges of the game should keep you in check. The exit from the pops and the slings both very frequently take away a great ball. Keep a tilt on the game, don't make it so super easy in settings and just play! Our audits show an avg of about 5min games right now.
It's sad when you hear people talk about games being too easy.. then you buy a game from someone and you find they've maxed the ball save timers, made EB super easy, lowered requirements, etc. Don't make a game play forever and then complain it's too easy
I did play around with Gabby more after keefer's comments. Mine was still rejecting hard shots pretty regularly. If it helps to think about how it works... the gabby head is connected at a pivot at the back/top of her head, and sticks her chin out towards the player to latch the drop target. So she doesn't go backwards to drop, but rather dips her chin. Based on keefer's comments, before I was trying to push the back of her head back.. but instead this time I tried to really pull her chin forward. I didn't get much play... but afterwards she was going down on every hit, even hard hits. She does pickup ball dirt pretty easily, and wouldn't wipe off dry.. had to use some novus as a solvant and it wiped off. So I expect paint/finish on her to be an issue long term.
Who understand the carnival locks fully? It seems finishing carnival modes is part of the lock enablement? But sometimes it says 'locks enabled' but the lock isn't ready. Does someone know the precise rules around those locks?

I'd like to know what qualifies the Carnival locks also. Its seems like they can be enabled and ready, but if you start something (the next carnival mode maybe?) the option to lock goes away. Carnival MB is great if set up with the correct perks to take into it.

#359 1 year ago

This seems to be the TS thread I’m looking for

#360 1 year ago

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I did look a bit on here and didn’t notice an answer
I’m updated to 1.06 and trying to go to 1.07
When I attempt to connect to wifi it doesn’t even look for my wifi just asks for QR scan. I really don’t feel like downloading another update and having to open backbox like I did last time

Suggestions??

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I did look a bit on here and didn’t notice an answer
I’m updated to 1.06 and trying to go to 1.07
When I attempt to connect to wifi it doesn’t even look for my wifi just asks for QR scan. I really don’t feel like downloading another update and having to open backbox like I did last time
Suggestions??

Nevermind I figured it out lol

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:In terms of difficulty where does TS4 stand against MB? That’s been a highly rated game for a long time but it’s very easy even for a novice. Even some great players like MB, they might not own it but they still appreciate it. Is it even easier than MB? If so then I understand peoples criticism there.

Pretty close, but I thought MB was easier. Finished it in fewer total plays.

#363 1 year ago

How is the new software revision 1.07? Has it added anything significant or changed the rules in anyway?

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Has it added anything significant or changed the rules in anyway?

Check out the change log - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/ts4_changelog.txt

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check out the change log - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/ts4_changelog.txt
Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

As always, thanks Lloyd. The details in the log are brief at best. Was hoping someone that's played the new code would comment on if it has improved gameplay at all.

#366 1 year ago

stupid question but how do i move the monitor, its not the same as my DI. the hinge bolts in the head are real loose and need to tighten it

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

stupid question but how do i move the monitor, its not the same as my DI. the hinge bolts in the head are real loose and need to tighten it

Not sure of all the different versions of WoZ but mine (Emerald) you have to unscrew the monitor. It's not like other versions of JJP games where it swings out.

#368 1 year ago

Do you mean how do you get the monitor to swing out from the backbox? Very strong magnets hold the top corners, just give it a tug there.

#369 1 year ago

Magnets on both sides hold the monitor to the bracket in the head. There should be stickers nearby that point where to pull. Just pull, and then the monitor is on a pivoting bracket and can be moved around.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not sure of all the different versions of WoZ but mine (Emerald) you have to unscrew the monitor. It's not like other versions of JJP games where it swings out.

The newer cabinet uses the monitor on a pivoting mount. TS4 uses this design as well. Monitor is secured with magnets at the left and right side.

#371 1 year ago

thanks for the help ill try it out. i was scared to pull too hard

#372 1 year ago

Has anyone received their TS4 from PinballStar yet?

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Has anyone received their TS4 from PinballStar yet?

I have not yet got final invoiced yet and sent deposit 3 minutes after orders opened up.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree with your comment and it was the one thing I was afraid of before we bought the game. People just need to remember that you can make any game super easy. Once we got it out of the box we set it a bit steeper and the preset to HARD and it's been very challenging for us to play and we like it that way.

We too are trying to figure out how to get the carnival lock lit. My wife seems to think it lights up after you collect a character, but it unlights if you start to collect the next one. (however we are not sure yet). I do wish they had the characters you collect show up on the display while you play. (Yes I know you can hold the flipper buttons down to see it, but it would be better to have them join the main screen after they are collected.)

Still over all this has been a great addition to the game lineup. In someways it kind of reminds us of the neat rule set on Congo. It's like a collection of mini modes and each of them are just fun to play. (It's also cool to see Figment from Epcot in the game too )

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from azox:

We too are trying to figure out how to get the carnival lock lit.

The flowchart answers all.

- Ramps collect tickets
- Shoot the left ramp to spend the tickets to start a carnival mode
- Scoop locks the ball
- Repeat for the carnival multiball

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 1.35.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-07 at 1.35.06 PM.png
#376 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Ramps collect tickets
- Scoop locks the ball
- Repeat for the carnival multiball[quoted image]

does the number of tix matter? is there anyone who broke down this rulesheet on youtube to make it easier to understand?

#377 1 year ago

does the number of tix matter? is there anyone who broke down this rulesheet on youtube to make it easier to understand?

Tell JJP to ship my CE and I'll do one.

#378 1 year ago

Here's a panel from one of my fan kit instructions that shows the monitor pull-out for newer JJP games...

monitor_removal_sml (resized).jpgmonitor_removal_sml (resized).jpg
#379 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Late Sept is so far away...

#380 1 year ago

I waited 10 months for my GNR LE... so I feel your pain.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Ramps collect tickets
- Scoop locks the ball
- Repeat for the carnival multiball[quoted image]

There is more to it than that… there is a qualifier missing in the simplified flowchart

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I waited 10 months for my GNR LE... so I feel your pain.

It will be worth the wait. Really love my LE, it’s just a flat out fun game to shoot.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is more to it than that… there is a qualifier missing in the simplified flowchart

I'm thinking completing the carnival mode lights the scoop lock.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm thinking completing the carnival mode lights the scoop lock.

like I said several posts ago - there is more to it than that. I believe it might be tied to # of carnival modes completed. Because finishing one doesn't lite lock, but 2 did. And in prior games I saw graphics with "locks qualified" but lock not actually lit.

#385 1 year ago

#270 checking in! We unboxed and started flipping today. Zero issues to start. Game has a ton of stuff in it. Excited to join the club!

9933BD87-F163-4CA9-9029-DCB655041FDC (resized).jpeg9933BD87-F163-4CA9-9029-DCB655041FDC (resized).jpegF82A03E7-96F1-4725-8E3F-3EEF9CC9E5BF (resized).jpegF82A03E7-96F1-4725-8E3F-3EEF9CC9E5BF (resized).jpeg
#386 1 year ago

My TS4 Came today. Played about 20 games on it. more fun that I was expecting, the playfield is a bit deceiving. more shots than it looks like. great flow.
only issue so far is Gabby doesn't register all the time. At least I don't think she does unless she takes several hits for different modes.

IMG_3209 (resized).jpgIMG_3209 (resized).jpg
#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

My TS4 Came today. Played about 20 games on it. more fun that I was expecting, the playfield is a bit deceiving. more shots than it looks like. great flow.
only issue so far is Gabby doesn't register all the time. At least I don't think she does unless she takes several hits for different modes.[quoted image]

Hi all. Was asked to pass on the following:

How to adjust Gabby Gabby mechanism so that the target falls more reliably

First, it should be noted that Gabby Gabby is essentially a drop target, with all that entails: She may resemble a beast assembly (from Hobbit), but that is not what she is.

-- Like drop targets, extremely hard hits are more likely to "brick" and bounce off (basically land back on their shelf before the spring can drag it downward).

-- Like drop targets, hits from the side will not make it go down.

To ensure the most reliable operation of the Gabby Gabby target, the head sculpture needs to be angled such that the ball impacts as low as possible, ie so that it strikes the chin more so than the nose. To adjust this, with the target in the up position, grasp the head sculpture with a finger pressed low on the back of it, while pressing rearward on the upper front ("forehead") of the target. The sculpture is mounted to a metal bracket on a pivot and you are just gently bending this bracket to move the bottom of the sculpture forward.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You taught my son how to play Wonka...and swear

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

You taught my son how to play Wonka...and swear

Heh...I'm really sorry about that. I never expected these videos to have the legs they did.

I'll try and watch my tongue for the next one.

#390 1 year ago

There have been a few posts about people having trouble with the inner loop shot. For me, right out of the box, it was very make-able, but after a couple hundred games, I noticed that it was getting more and more tricky. I felt like it wasn't getting a great feed...many times, the feed would be slightly off of the upper flipper. I eventually realized that my one way gate that serves to guide the feed to the flipper was bent-up a bit, so I gave it a small bend toward the flipper. Since then, I've been back to getting better feeds and making the inner loops more reliably. My bracket does seem to take a beating though and I've had to re-tweak it again. Maybe I just got a bad/soft one, but it might be worth taking a look at if your feeds are not as tight as they once were.

#391 1 year ago

Added a few toys to the playfield for my lovely wife If this game is geared towards kids….. let the toys be plenty!!
F01E2364-1C36-4EC6-A15E-E2A395F923B1 (resized).jpegF01E2364-1C36-4EC6-A15E-E2A395F923B1 (resized).jpeg

#392 1 year ago

The lightboard in the back is a work of art upon itself. Those complaining about 'nothing in the game' - that rgb board is a major toy in itself. Love the effects on it.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Added a few toys to the playfield for my lovely wife If this game is geared towards kids….. let the toys be plenty!!
[quoted image]

I just hope the CE I'm waiting on looks this good! I really like the blue honestly. But sparkly CE playfield is a draw!

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I bought a WW CE NIB because of your video! Thanks and bring on another for TS! I'm also waiting on my CE so no rush...lol

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Looking forward to playing this game -- two local places near me have theirs so I'm hoping to swing by to check em out. In the meantime, I finished up my 3D Start Button for Toy Story, inspired by Woody's badge/backdrop on the apron.
[quoted image]
The outside edge and the badge area light up, and is bridged by START in Toy Story-esque lettering. 3D printed with 5 different filaments, so it's a single solid piece.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Available in my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07011-3d-start-button-toy-story-4 -- but please note I'm in the process of getting ready for Southern Fried Gaming Expo (plus have out-of-town visitors, day job, and other duties) so order processing will be delayed until after that. (7/15-7/17)

Just have to say that you do amazing work! My 15 yr old son wants to start a 3d print business and yours is his inspiration. Just amazing! Keep up the great work.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I just hope the CE I'm waiting on looks this good! I really like the blue honestly. But sparkly CE playfield is a draw!

I guarantee the CE looks great. This is a beautiful looking pin and I’m confident the CE will be more dynamic

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh...I'm really sorry about that. I never expected these videos to have the legs they did.
I'll try and watch my tongue for the next one.

No, don’t change a thing. It’s funny. But yeah, your “how to” videos were incredible.

We should do a “go fund me” for your Any potential LE diminution of value so you can buy one now, record videos and sell it when your CE is ready.

#398 1 year ago

Additional CE only call-outs by John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusack and Wallace Shawn would be an awesome code update, make the CE more desirable

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Additional CE only call-outs by John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusack and Wallace Shawn would be an awesome code update, make the CE more desirable

I think that ship has sailed - Annie Potts callouts are in the CE bump.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think that ship has sailed - Annie Potts callouts are in the CE bump.

Or additional signatures? Should have had Tim Allen busy with a sharpie while he recorded callouts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/8?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.