IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 64.
#201 1 year ago

Wonka and Dialed in went fine because I had the option to manually input WiFi info….. odd that QR is my only option

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was going to set up scorebit and Wi-Fi downloading

I know there were scorebit issues. Karl couldn't even get it to work with 1.06 on the stream, so that may not be in the cards yet, unless it was something specific to his setup.

#203 1 year ago

I was going to set up scorebit and Wi-Fi downloading

Go into Utilities - USB Update. Select WiFi channel and set your password. Then you can update software via WiFi if an update is available.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Utilities - USB Update. Select WiFi channel and set your password. Then you can update software via WiFi if an update is available.

Great! I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

Quoted from LTG:

Nothing there to choose

#205 1 year ago

Nothing there to choose

Please try Utilities - Network Settings. And do you have 1.05 in your game, the latest download from the website.

I don't have a game to check ( thanks jjp ) so maybe it isn't in there yet ?

#206 1 year ago

Wonka and Dialed in went fine because I had the option to manually input WiFi info….. odd that QR is my only option

Mine did that too but you just have to keep navigating around, read the terms and conditions, accept, and go back and eventually it will give you the traditional network options. Not sure the specific steps.

#207 1 year ago

Great! I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

Nothing there to choose

Maybe it isnt seeing your wifi dongle on the machine? Try reseating or try another usb port?

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe it isnt seeing your wifi dongle on the machine? Try reseating or try another usb port?

robbyirl5 had a good point…. I needed to agree to terms before it would open up to connect to WiFi. Thank you all for the help!!

#209 1 year ago

robbyirl5 had a good point…. I needed to agree to terms before it would open up to connect to WiFi. Thank you all for the help!!

Ah, I was scanning on mobile and missed the part of his post where he mentioned the terms and conditions. Glad you're all set now!

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I was scanning on mobile and missed the part of his post where he mentioned the terms and conditions. Glad you're all set now!

Thanks!

#211 1 year ago

New arrival came loose. Not sure what it is?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#212 1 year ago

Nvm - didn’t see there was a 5th page.

#213 1 year ago

So…. I’m trying to set up Wi-Fi and the only option it’s showing is using QR code. Any other options? QR isn’t working

You need to agree to the terms and conditions then it’ll let you update.

#214 1 year ago

New arrival came loose. Not sure what it is?
[quoted image]

Screw from the coin mech?

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Screw from the coin mech.

No threads on it?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#216 1 year ago

No threads on it?
[quoted image]

Hmmm.
Figures, that would have been too easy.

#217 1 year ago

No threads on it?
[quoted image]

Mini tilt-bob for the virtual pin mode?

Just kidding. If I had my machine already, I’d look it over for the part. Just looking at it, I have no idea.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Hmmm.
Figures, that would have been too easy.

I’ve never seen anything like it

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

Mini tilt-bob for the virtual pin mode?
Just kidding. If I had my machine already, I’d look it over for the part. Just looking at it, I have no idea.

Nice one! I’ll check parts list!

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:So…. I’m trying to set up Wi-Fi and the only option it’s showing is using QR code. Any other options? QR isn’t working

Read and accept the terms page first then it opens up the reset of the Wi-Fi that allows you to pick your hotspot.

#221 1 year ago

Thanks to Green-Machine and spouse!

Several of us local pinheads had the opportunity to shoot and experience TS4.

A couple of thoughts- the game is beautiful. Artwork and lights are outstanding. Really outstanding. Hot rails are great. Theme is very well integrated with film clips, call outs, and music. The shots are very smooth-the kaboom ramp is fun and works well.

I found myself hitting a lot of left and right ramp shots- very open and easily repeatable. However, to get through the game, you do need to hit the other shots, including the scoop, which can be a tough little booger. Lock shots to the left are definitely risky but feel great when accomplished.

Is the game too easy? Maybe…sort of…not really. For most of us non-ranked non-tourney players the game is great. You will have some relatively long ball times, but you have to finish modes/scenes to score well. Yes, I did get to the first carnival wizard mode, but only once in about 10 games.

The current code seemed pretty solid- no major glitches. I almost prefer watching someone else play so I can look at the big beautiful 17 inch back box screen as well as the 10 inch tablet. People crap about the tablet, but it is actually very visible, useful, and will executed. The callouts and theme integration as said before are outstanding. OK, I am not a Toy Story super fan, but as a grandparent and parent I have seen all of the movies. This game could’ve easily been any of the movies as far as listening to the callouts. Yes, some of the characters are unique only to Toy Story 4, but the voice overs, movie clips, and music are top notch.

Last-ability? Well, I kept coming back to play more and it seemed there was so much to explore. I lost several balls just looking up at the monitors trying to figure out what was going on. That is actually a good sign.

My only complaint? The prices are steep even in today’s market. In spite of that, JJP will sell many of these units and will introduce many more people to the world of pinball. That, in itself, is a huge plus.

In the current pinball market, I get the feeling that many games are rushed out as quickly as possible with incomplete code and annoying mechanical issues. So everybody puts their order in, most often without even playing the game, and then the huge waiting game begins. However,TS4 was available almost immediately after announcement, and it appears to be very polished right out of the box. So find yourself a good pinball buddy who has one or get one yourself and it will make for a good day.

Cheers!

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thanks to Tiltbob and spouse!
Several of us local pinheads had the opportunity to shoot and experience TS4.
A couple of thoughts- the game is beautiful. Artwork and lights are outstanding. Really outstanding. Hot rails are great. Theme is very well integrated with film clips, call outs, and music. The shots are very smooth-the kaboom ramp is fun and works well.
I found myself hitting a lot of left and right ramp shots- very open and easily repeatable. However, to get through the game, you do need to hit the other shots, including the scoop, which can be a tough little booger. Lock shots to the left are definitely risky but feel great when accomplished.
Is the game too easy? Maybe…sort of…not really. For most of us non-ranked non-tourney players the game is great. You will have some relatively long ball times, but you have to finish modes/scenes to score well. Yes, I did get to the first carnival wizard mode, but only once in about 10 games.
The current code seemed pretty solid- no major glitches. I almost prefer watching someone else play so I can look at the big beautiful 17 inch back box screen as well as the 10 inch tablet. People crap about the tablet, but it is actually very visible, useful, and will executed. The callouts and theme integration as said before are outstanding. OK, I am not a Toy Story super fan, but as a grandparent and parent I have seen all of the movies. This game could’ve easily been any of the movies as far as listening to the callouts. Yes, some of the characters are unique only to Toy Story 4, but the voice overs, movie clips, and music are top notch.
Last-ability? Well, I kept coming back to play more and it seemed there was so much to explore. I lost several balls just looking up at the monitors trying to figure out what was going on. That is actually a good sign.
My only complaint? The prices are steep even in today’s market. In spite of that, JJP will sell many of these units and will introduce many more people to the world of pinball. That, in itself, is a huge plus.
In the current pinball market, I get the feeling that many games are rushed out as quickly as possible with incomplete code and annoying mechanical issues. So everybody puts their order in, most often without even playing the game, and then the huge waiting game begins. However,TS4 was available almost immediately after announcement, and it appears to be very polished right out of the box. So find yourself a good pinball buddy who has one or get one yourself and it will make for a good day.
Cheers!

Thanks for your input!! Good perspective that I’m hoping more people will be able to add input over time.

I like your comment about the shots and progress through the modes. Just reaching to the carnival wizard mode is one objective. I hope trying to repeat it again will be slightly different with little more difficulty.

Maybe JJP can consider adding additional mini-modes that can provide a little more depth.

When I have guests over and they play #metallica-le and #star-wars-stern-le , they are difficult for non-pin heads including myself.

This is a modern game that seems simple, but hope provides depth. Let’s get past the price. I’m buying a CE and willing to eat the price when I do choose to resell it.

I do hope JJP reconsiders and add 2-3 more mini-modes. Chances are super slim.

#223 1 year ago

what is "Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents" on the CE version ?

#224 1 year ago

For all the easy talk about the game, it's interesting there is little mention of prob the hardest skill shot and most narrow scoop I have personally ever seen. Also left road trip shot is not exactly easy. I have not played enough but would cool if the left standup target came into play more strategically in the carnival modes. Maybe it does but haven't got there yet (only played on location).

I took independent polls on my 7 and 9 year olds and both of their favorite Toy Story characters are Forky. This is both maddening and also a testament to Disney's ability to psychologically manufacture greatness. I can better understand their push for TS4 based on this anecdotal survey.

As far as my kids go, I'm excited to get TS4 because I think that the Duke Kaboom shot's frequency will go a long way to help them understand flipper timing. The ball comes in smooth and at the same speed and the shot is tight enough that I can talk them through the shot and it has a huge payoff. Pinball is way more fun with others, so from a value prop perspective if my kids (7, 9, 14, 15) play with me more and it's because JJP took a lesson from Disney on manufacturing kid interest, then it's one more tick on making it worth the purchase.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

For all the easy talk about the game, it's interesting there is little mention of prob the hardest skill shot and most narrow scoop I have personally ever seen. Also left road trip shot is not exactly easy. I have not played enough but would cool if the left standup target came into play more strategically in the carnival modes. Maybe it does but haven't got there yet (only played on location).
I took independent polls on my 7 and 9 year olds and both of their favorite Toy Story characters are Forky. This is both maddening and also a testament to Disney's ability to psychologically manufacture greatness. I can better understand their push for TS4 based on this anecdotal survey.
As far as my kids go, I'm excited to get TS4 because I think that the Duke Kaboom shot's frequency will go a long way to help them understand flipper timing. The ball comes in smooth and at the same speed and the shot is tight enough that I can talk them through the shot and it has a huge payoff. Pinball is way more fun with others, so from a value prop perspective if my kids (7, 9, 14, 15) play with me more and it's because JJP took a lesson from Disney on manufacturing kid interest, then it's one more tick on making it worth the purchase.

Nice! I’ve been trying to say this to other pinheads, but in different way. Too many folks saying it’s tailored for kids, yada yada yada.

It’s just many are disappointed of execution, cost, and the family target perspective for a JJP game that took about 2 years to release (since GnR).

I’m stoked like you are to have my kids (6,8) the chance to stay with me in my gameroom to play pinball. This one might work.

I’ve not played this game yet, but hoping it’s “deep” enough to keep my interest. I’m not the best player, but if I can get far along the game consistently while maintaining the fun factor it will be worth my money!

#226 1 year ago

Fwiw I checked on my toy story on location the other day and saw a father playing with his autistic son. They were having a blast. I don’t care what the haters say…mission accomplished in my eyes. Great game for everyone to enjoy. It’s not hardcore and it isn’t meant to be. It’s an easily approachable game for anyone, pinball experience or not. I know I’ll never make back my initial investment but that’s not why I placed this particular title on location. It’s merely a way to let those that never have, actually enjoy pinball and not feel ripped off which can lead to them never playing again.

#227 1 year ago

Just got my game today and I noticed it was nearly impossible to get the playfield back in. Looks like the rail that the lockdown bar connects into is bent out a bit which is throwing the alignment off. It seems like something I could bend back but it’s pretty thick metal so I’m not sure if the best way to go about that. I don’t want to warp everything. Any suggestions?

383F1C73-88EC-4F77-9D0F-114A305DD81E (resized).jpeg383F1C73-88EC-4F77-9D0F-114A305DD81E (resized).jpeg
#228 1 year ago

Karl's streaming to finish both sides of TS4 (completely finish) now. He's almost there:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
Karl 2022-06-26 Toy Story4-sml (resized).jpgKarl 2022-06-26 Toy Story4-sml (resized).jpg

EDIT: Finished the game completely (Completed both Woody and Buzz sides of Meet me at the Carousel) with 173 Million, then the game wrapped around and started over.

Huge 43 Million bonus and he has another ball left with the bonus x held:
karl_2022-06-26_big_bonus (resized).jpgkarl_2022-06-26_big_bonus (resized).jpg

Playing the woody wizard mode version for the second time (3rd time through overall) 259 Million to start and he has a huge held bonus multiplier. He's actually well over 300 million once the bonus is added:
Karl_2022_06_26_2022 third time to wizard - second woody (resized).jpgKarl_2022_06_26_2022 third time to wizard - second woody (resized).jpg

Almost 100 million bonus and the 267x multiplier held. He's almost 500mil now and just got an extra ball:
Karl_2022_06_26_100mil bonus (resized).jpgKarl_2022_06_26_100mil bonus (resized).jpg

Finished with 522million:

Karl_2022_06_22_Final_score (resized).jpgKarl_2022_06_22_Final_score (resized).jpg
#229 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's streaming to finish both sides of TS4 (completely finish) now. He's almost there:
[quoted image]
EDIT: Finished the game completely (Completed both Woody and Buzz sides of Meet me at the Carousel) with 173 Million, then the game wrapped around and started over.

Amazing. But glad I’m not Karl level.

I’ll just flip and enjoy and one day get
There

If it’s close to Wonka it will be great and it looks like a fun shooter.

Price? Tough to swallow

#230 1 year ago

Take it off the game to do anything so you don't hurt the cabinet.

Stick it in a vice, grab a hammer, and whack heck out of it.

Most likely happened in transit. Hit a bump and weight of playfield mucked it up a bit.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amazing. But glad I’m not Karl level.
I’ll just flip and enjoy and one day get
There
If it’s close to Wonka it will be great and it looks like a fun shooter.
Price? Tough to swallow

Yeah, MSRP price is thought to swallow, but I’m sure maybe Resell price will adjust that.

I’ve not played the game yet, but I am with you my skills are a fraction of Karl’s which would make this game last a while before I consider switching out.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take it off the game to do anything so you don't hurt the cabinet.
Stick it in a vice, grab a hammer, and whack heck out of it.
Most likely happened in transit. Hit a bump and weight of playfield mucked it up a bit.

Makes sense, I’ll give that a go. As always, thanks for your help, LTG!

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Just got my game today and I noticed it was nearly impossible to get the playfield back in. Looks like the rail that the lockdown bar connects into is bent out a bit which is throwing the alignment off. It seems like something I could bend back but it’s pretty thick metal so I’m not sure if the best way to go about that. I don’t want to warp everything. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

You could contact JJP support and request a replacement lockdown bar rail, I'm sure they'd be happy to send you one no problem.

#234 1 year ago

I watched some of the stream.. yes Karl is way better than I will ever be, but I still can't get over how uninspired the final mode seems. The pin has tremendous art and light show, and despite not based on the original TS characters, the TS4 narrative is great. Is it wrong for me to still expect more at this price point?

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I watched some of the stream.. yes Karl is way better than I will ever be, but I still can't get over how uninspired the final mode seems. The pin has tremendous art and light show, and despite not based on the original TS characters, the TS4 narrative is great. Is it wrong for me to still expect more at this price point?

I’m hear there’s more code coming.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m hear there’s more code coming.

I truly hope you are right as I want to believe we have JJP employees apart of pinside reading all the negativity regarding the expectation and what was delivered for the price increase.

What another pinsider said the layout/mech is fixed and cannot be altered. All JJP can do is add more code.

I hope you are right to reconsider how easy it was to complete the game and inject content to make it harder. Though, that would be a redesign from the code perspective and not sure how viable that is.

All JJP can do to soften this price issue is make the code insanely better than it is (depth and uniqueness).

FYI, I have yet to play the game and only seen streamers play.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You could contact JJP support and request a replacement lockdown bar rail, I'm sure they'd be happy to send you one no problem.

Not thrilled that I had the issue to begin with but my first experience with JJP customer service has been positive. Submitted a ticket and Steve responded within minutes. I sent him pictures, he checked if there was anything else I might need to fix the overall issue and then within an hour of starting the process I had a PO for them to ship me the replacement parts.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I truly hope you are right as I want to believe we have JJP employees apart of pinside reading all the negativity regarding the expectation and what was delivered for the price increase.
What another pinsider said the layout/mech is fixed and cannot be altered. All JJP can do is add more code.
I hope you are right to reconsider how easy it was to complete the game and inject content to make it harder. Though, that would be a redesign from the code perspective and not sure how viable that is.
All JJP can do to soften this price issue is make the code insanely better than it is (depth and uniqueness).
FYI, I have yet to play the game and only seen streamers play.

Setting up Carnival MB isn't always easy and I've only seen Take a Chance MB once. You have to collect everything on the spinning wheel to get Take a Chance MB. If you hit the captive ball before collecting the selected perk, the wheel spins again to something else making it tougher to collect them all.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Setting up Carnival MB isn't always easy and I've only seen Take a Chance MB once. You have to collect everything on the spinning wheel to get Take a Chance MB. If you hit the captive ball before collecting the selected perk, the wheel spins again to something else making it tougher to collect them all.

Thanks for input. I hope more people will provide information like yours breaking down the code. I’m trying to not watch too many streamers as I don’t want to spoil it for myself.

My CE order is way down the road and I’m hoping there is some additional code injected. After all, if JJP is to release 2 games a year real soon they are gonna be like Stern release code updates unless they get more Devs on board.

#240 1 year ago

Can we make a list of possible issues to check out of the box? I'll start:

1. Check right flipper gap and ensure it is not binding.
2. Make sure switches are affixed to rails properly
3. Check lockbar for twisting
4. Check playfield rails to make sure they are attached properly

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Can we make a list of possible issues to check out of the box? I'll start:
1. Check right flipper gap and ensure it is not binding.
2. Make sure switches are affixed to rails properly
3. Check lockbar for twisting
4. Check playfield rails to make sure they are attached properly

5. Check flipper coil sleeves. Are they all there? Are they the right length? I think this only affected the very earliest shipments, but definitely a thing to check.

#242 1 year ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the usb update input? It wasn’t in the same place as it was on GNR and POTC. I had to do a full install (1.04 to 1.06) and ended up unplugging wifi usb to do it, but still haven’t tracked down the plug…unless I’m missing something.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

ended up unplugging wifi usb to do it,

That is what you do. Or use a spare USB port on the motherboard.

If you have a hub on the USB cable by the cashbox, for more that one USB thing, you could have plugged it into that. On my game I have a USB hub plugged into the USB cable by the cashbox, and the WiFi and Bluetooth dongles plugged into the hub, and the hub still has an empty port for updates.

LTG : )

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what you do. Or use a spare USB port on the motherboard.
If you have a hub on the USB cable by the cashbox, for more that one USB thing, you could have plugged it into that. On my game I have a USB hub plugged into the USB cable by the cashbox, and the WiFi and Bluetooth dongles plugged into the hub, and the hub still has an empty port for updates.

Appreciate it. I always had a female usb input hanging around the coinbox on GNR and POTC, but didn’t see the same on the TS4. Hopefully from here on out I won’t need it with the Wi-Fi updates, but I’m glad to hear I wasn’t missing something obvious. Tks!

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

but didn’t see the same on the TS4.

I'm sorry. Not having a TS4 I didn't know the USB cable was left out by jjp.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
Huge 43 Million bonus and he has another ball left with the bonus x held:
[quoted image]
Playing the woody wizard mode version for the second time (3rd time through overall) 259 Million to start and he has a huge held bonus multiplier. He's actually well over 300 million once the bonus is added:
[quoted image]
Almost 100 million bonus and the 267x multiplier held. He's almost 500mil now and just got an extra ball:
[quoted image]
Finished with 522million:[quoted image]

So, am I right in thinking the game is a long player?

Wow, that game was 2 hours and 40 minutes long!

Karl needs a few 60's Gottlieb wedgeheads so he knows what its like to have short, quick games

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, am I right in thinking the game is a long player?
Wow, that game was 2 hours and 40 minutes long!
Karl needs a few 60's Gottlieb wedgeheads so he knows what its like to have short, quick games

He had a ton of extra balls (almost to the 4th time at the wizard mode, which would be the 2nd complete beating the game in a single playthrough), and it would have been longer but he essentially was tired and just lapping the game, so he quit. Basically limit the extra balls, which the game seems to give out like candy, and your games will be much shorter simply by virtue of the fact that you're not Karl.

#248 1 year ago

I got my game yesterday and managed to play about 20 games. I figured that I'd share my experience and thoughts here (since my family can only take so much of me going on about pinball).

Out of the box, I had a few issues to resolve before ball 1. The shooter tip was aggressively rubbing on the auto plunger. I've never been able to adjust them much, so I wound-up shimming it down a bit so that it doesn't rub. Annoying start, but not the first time I've dealt with something like that.

Next up, the ramp diverter switch (mounted to the rail) was stuck closed. Fortunately, I was able to resolve that by loosening it a bit and getting it into a position that freed it up.

Then I went looking for the usb extension cable in the cabinet...it's referenced in the manual, so I figured it had to be there somewhere. Even JJP support said to keep looking for it since it may have wound-up shifting in transit, but eventually the realized that there is no usb extension that ships with TS. Instead, there is the cabinet control board (left, just inside coin door) that has 2 usb slots for the network and bluetooth dongles. Once I realized that, I was able to update to 1.06 pretty smoothly.

Next-up, my backbox lock was so tight that I thought the wrong key was sent. I eventually just took out the 2 security screws and then fidgeted with the lock a bit to prove that at least the keys are right, but even then, when I unlock it, I can't get the backglass out. It's just too tight of a fit. I still need to sort out what the workaround there is going to be.

Also, my playfield is a little bit tough to put back down after having it up...really have to finesse it down into the lockbar receiver. Maybe it will loosen-up a bit over time.

On to the actual game though. The skill shot is challenging for sure, but maybe not quite as hard as some have made it sound. I seem to make it somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of the time, which I'm fine with. I'm not a great player at all and I'll probably get better at it over time. I like a skill shot that isn't an "automatic". It makes me happier when I manage to hit it.

I love the smoothness of the shots. Definitely not a brickfest....well, until an unanticipated Benson post shows-up and sends the ball to an early grave. I'm shocked at how well the Duke Caboom shot works. I was prepared for it to give the glass a thump from time to time or get a little crashy on the landing, but so far it's been amazing. Very satisfying. Hopefully, it will remain that way.

So far, the part that leaves me confused at times is carnival games vs scenes. Maybe the carnival games are too easily activated, but I always seem to have one going or ready to go and for me the line between carnival games and scenes is a bit blurry. Maybe this is just an artifact of me still learning the game. I remember Wonka being a total mystery for me for the first few months, but nowadays it makes perfect sense.

My only regret so far is that I have to work today, so I won't get to play more until tonight.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from crobby:

I got my game yesterday and managed to play about 20 games. I figured that I'd share my experience and thoughts here (since my family can only take so much of me going on about pinball).
Out of the box, I had a few issues to resolve before ball 1. The shooter tip was aggressively rubbing on the auto plunger. I've never been able to adjust them much, so I wound-up shimming it down a bit so that it doesn't rub. Annoying start, but not the first time I've dealt with something like that.
Next up, the ramp diverter switch (mounted to the rail) was stuck closed. Fortunately, I was able to resolve that by loosening it a bit and getting it into a position that freed it up.
Then I went looking for the usb extension cable in the cabinet...it's referenced in the manual, so I figured it had to be there somewhere. Even JJP support said to keep looking for it since it may have wound-up shifting in transit, but eventually the realized that there is no usb extension that ships with TS. Instead, there is the cabinet control board (left, just inside coin door) that has 2 usb slots for the network and bluetooth dongles. Once I realized that, I was able to update to 1.06 pretty smoothly.
Next-up, my backbox lock was so tight that I thought the wrong key was sent. I eventually just took out the 2 security screws and then fidgeted with the lock a bit to prove that at least the keys are right, but even then, when I unlock it, I can't get the backglass out. It's just too tight of a fit. I still need to sort out what the workaround there is going to be.
Also, my playfield is a little bit tough to put back down after having it up...really have to finesse it down into the lockbar receiver. Maybe it will loosen-up a bit over time.
On to the actual game though. The skill shot is challenging for sure, but maybe not quite as hard as some have made it sound. I seem to make it somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of the time, which I'm fine with. I'm not a great player at all and I'll probably get better at it over time. I like a skill shot that isn't an "automatic". It makes me happier when I manage to hit it.
I love the smoothness of the shots. Definitely not a brickfest....well, until an unanticipated Benson post shows-up and sends the ball to an early grave. I'm shocked at how well the Duke Caboom shot works. I was prepared for it to give the glass a thump from time to time or get a little crashy on the landing, but so far it's been amazing. Very satisfying. Hopefully, it will remain that way.
So far, the part that leaves me confused at times is carnival games vs scenes. Maybe the carnival games are too easily activated, but I always seem to have one going or ready to go and for me the line between carnival games and scenes is a bit blurry. Maybe this is just an artifact of me still learning the game. I remember Wonka being a total mystery for me for the first few months, but nowadays it makes perfect sense.
My only regret so far is that I have to work today, so I won't get to play more until tonight.

Can you clarify on the WiFi and bluetooth dongles, did they provide them? The usb cable has been for a manual update when you download it from a pc. Not really needed if you update via WiFi. If you do a manual update, I think you can just unplug the WiFi dongle and use that port, maybe that’s what you mean.

On the backbox lock, really disappointing to hear. This was a problem going back to DI and it was fixed for wonka and GnR. Seems it might be back again. What you did is correct, remove the security screws to loosen the lock mechanism. I can’t recall how I fixed my di lock, but it might have been the lock was installed backwards or upside down so just look at how it moves when you get the glass out. Either that or I just loosened the screw on the lock a little or maybe added a washer to it to give some extra clearance. Like I said, I can’t recall, but I was able to correct it and it wasn’t difficult to do, just a bit of an annoyance.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you clarify on the WiFi and bluetooth dongles, did they provide them? The usb cable has been for a manual update when you download it from a pc. Not really needed if you update via WiFi. If you do a manual update, I think you can just unplug the WiFi dongle and use that port, maybe that’s what you mean.
On the backbox lock, really disappointing to hear. This was a problem going back to DI and it was fixed for wonka and GnR. Seems it might be back again. What you did is correct, remove the security screws to loosen the lock mechanism. I can’t recall how I fixed my di lock, but it might have been the lock was installed backwards or upside down so just look at how it moves when you get the glass out. Either that or I just loosened the screw on the lock a little or maybe added a washer to it to give some extra clearance. Like I said, I can’t recall, but I was able to correct it and it wasn’t difficult to do, just a bit of an annoyance.

Yeah, both wifi and bluetooth dongles are included and are in that cabinet control board. I just removed one, did the update, and put it back in place. The 1.04 code that shipped with mine didn't have the network stuff enabled, so I had to manually update to 1.06. Everything is working now.

I think I have the backbox stuff sorted out mostly. Lock is getting looser as I work it a bit and I'm now able to get the backglass out without removing the security screws. If it remains a little tight, I might adjust a bit, but I think for now, I'm in a good place. No sense in messing with it any more--the enemy of good is perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 16.95
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/5?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.