IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 64.
#2551 10 months ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Any suggestions on a good-looking cup holder for a CE? The only option I found is this and I'm not ecstatic about the design.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup-collectors-edition[quoted image]

PXL_20230603_224908953 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_224908953 (resized).jpg
#2552 10 months ago

Does anyone know how the 'hurry ups' progress in this game. Seems like everytime I play and start a hurry up it's always at the scoop. Are the hurry ups related to what mode you're in? If you qualify the first one and then hit it (at the scoop) does the next one get placed elsewhere? Are they random?? If so, mine has zero randomness whatsoever.

#2553 10 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Does anyone know how the 'hurry ups' progress in this game. Seems like everytime I play and start a hurry up it's always at the scoop. Are the hurry ups related to what mode you're in? If you qualify the first one and then hit it (at the scoop) does the next one get placed elsewhere? Are they random?? If so, mine has zero randomness whatsoever.

It's my understanding the hurry up starts at a random spot.. which makes it darn hard to locate if you ask me

#2554 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's my understanding the hurry up starts at a random spot.. which makes it darn hard to locate if you ask me

Yes, quite frustrating

#2555 10 months ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I must say these mods are the most beautiful mods I've ever received! Amazing detail and beautiful packaging. Can't wait to install them! Ordered from https://littleshopofgames.com/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lior is on a different level.

#2556 10 months ago

I was trying to see if there was any mention of when the LE toppers might be shipped (production july/aug this year according to Flipping Out's product listing), and still could find no mention of them or a product listing on either the JJP or the Pinball Wizard by JJP websites. To me this is strange. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is disappointed in their websites. Honestly, I expect a bit better from them on this. The sites seem ok at first, but then you realize how clunky they are and how little there is to them and that they are rarely updated. Seems as if JJP hasn't realized all the missed sales opportunities of selling people swag, clothing, trinkets, and expensive aftermarket add-ons. I realize compared to $12-15k machines those sales seem small, but they add up really quick when you have a great customer base. Rant over!

#2557 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

On the double left lane did jjp fix the ball stuck issue? Is there a post with rubber in the center of the double lane to the left flipper?
My wonka I had to shave down the rubber on the post a lot or it wouldn’t pass and got stuck.

New to the club today with my first CE! After searching for a bit I'm also not finding the answer to this stuck ball problem: Is there an official solution? On Wonka it was having no rubber on the post between the inlanes. Also, is the shooter spring super strong from the factory? It's the firmest spring I've ever felt on a pin, and it took me about 100 tries to finally get the skill shot.

#2558 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

New to the club today with my first CE! After searching for a bit I'm also not finding the answer to this stuck ball problem: Is there an official solution? On Wonka it was having no rubber on the post between the inlanes. Also, the shooter spring super strong from the factory? It's the firmest spring I've ever felt on a pin, and it took me about 100 tries to finally get the skill shot.

The skill shot is very tough even with a weaker spring. Definitely one of the toughest. I’d nail it 90% on Wonka but TS4 has a little different trajectory obviously. I get it like 2% of the tries

What is the ball Hang up you’re speaking of?

#2559 10 months ago

Per beltking's post, the ball is sticking in the far left inlane between the rubbers - just barely. Removing a rubber would certainly fix it, but I'd like to know if JJP has a specific suggestion.

#2560 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Per beltking's post, the ball is sticking in the far left inlane between the rubbers - just barely. Removing a rubber would certainly fix it, but I'd like to know if JJP has a specific suggestion.

Are the rubbers not original from factory? Some have replaced them with a bigger diameter and it make for a tight squeeze

#2561 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

This happens on mine that I unboxed a couple weeks ago.

#2562 10 months ago

Can someone link to me the correct coil stops to get for this game ? I couldn’t find them on pinball life I assume they have them ?
Manual isn’t loading for me …

#2563 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone link to me the correct coil stops to get for this game ? I couldn’t find them on pinball life I assume they have them ?
Manual isn’t loading for me …

Coil stop 10-7001-00

#2564 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Coil stop 10-7001-00

Thank you very much sir I appreciate it !

So on pinball life it’s Williams/Bally flipper cool stop A-12399 does this looks correct ?

Is that it? they are only 1.49 each

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-coil-stop-a-12390.html

#2565 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you very much sir !

They are Williams if you can’t find the exact number
A-12390

#2566 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

They are Williams if you can’t find the exact number

You beat me to it thanks again man!!

#2567 10 months ago

Why are people changing their coil stops?

#2568 10 months ago

Yes. Scroll down to the games it's for, jjp is on the list.

LTG : )

#2569 10 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why are people changing their coil stops?

Not sure why he wants them. I haven’t seen anyone else on here looking for them

#2570 10 months ago

would anybody know if the CE topper will actually work on the LE? Curious.

#2571 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I suspect it would need the CE code

#2572 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Quoted from NC_Pin:

I suspect it would need the CE code

Check with jjp. You might need a CE game with a CE dongle in the motherboard.

#2573 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with jjp. You might need a CE game with a CE dongle in the motherboard.

Thanks. I was just curious. I’m going to get the LE back in here. I let my ce go. I prefer the blue.

Yes, I actually miss owning ts4! Hahahah

#2574 10 months ago

I would miss my Toy Story also!

#2575 10 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would miss my Toy Story also!

The day it left I felt a little sick. It’s okay though. I really like the blue.

1 week later
#2576 9 months ago

Back in the club and happy.

IMG_1563 (resized).jpegIMG_1563 (resized).jpeg
#2577 9 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thanks. I was just curious. I’m going to get the LE back in here. I let my ce go. I prefer the blue.
Yes, I actually miss owning ts4! Hahahah

Correct you need the ce dongle to load the ce software and unlock the topper option.

#2578 9 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Correct you need the ce dongle to load the ce software and unlock the topper option.

thanks
I think I'm going to stay topper free going forward anyway.

#2579 9 months ago

Does anyone have a good solution for raising the playfield and not hitting the topper fiber optics? It's not horrible, but they definitely get bent/pushed to one side when I do it.

#2580 9 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Does anyone have a good solution for raising the playfield and not hitting the topper fiber optics? It's not horrible, but they definitely get bent/pushed to one side when I do it.

A piece of foam does wonders.

20230606_122346_Original (resized).jpeg20230606_122346_Original (resized).jpeg
#2581 9 months ago

For you that have the art of pinball sling plastics. How do the affect the gi lighting there? The factory plastics allow a lot of light through. Does it take from the lighting/still worth the look? Those mods are so well done!!!

#2582 9 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

For you that have the art of pinball sling plastics. How do the affect the gi lighting there? The factory plastics allow a lot of light through. Does it take from the lighting/still worth the look? Those mods are so well done!!!

I have them and don't feel like they are affecting the lighting at all. I will say that they are amazing pieces of art and look even better in person than the pictures! Lior's attention to detail and quality makes his mods stand out in the hobby. You won't be disappointed.

Here is the thread for these if you haven't seen it yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story-4-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/5#post-7607054

#2583 9 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I have them and don't feel like they are affecting the lighting at all. I will say that they are amazing pieces of art and look even better in person than the pictures! Lior's attention to detail and quality makes his mods stand out in the hobby. You won't be disappointed.
Here is the thread for these if you haven't seen it yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story-4-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/5#post-7607054

Sounds good! Thanks

#2584 9 months ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

The Duke Caboom shot hits the glass… I lowered flipper strength and this still occurs… any suggestions? Thanks.

I don't know if anyone ever answered you on this, but there is a separate setting for flipper strength ONLY during the jump shot. I think it might be under the mech settings but I'm not sure. There was a short pamphlet that came with the pin that talked about a few settings including that one.

#2585 9 months ago

I finally unboxed my machine and the topper is not working at all. I have the attached error in the test report which I will have a look at tonight, but curious if anyone has had this specifically? I saw something similar when scrolling back and through the tech key posts, but this seems to be a bit different. Thanks in advance.

IMG_9793 (resized).jpegIMG_9793 (resized).jpeg
#2586 9 months ago

The exposed switch and ramp above the funnel cake thing was driving me crazy. Made these plastics to match the inlane plastics. Dm me if interested. Easy to install, uses existing hardware.

IMG_4236 (resized).jpegIMG_4236 (resized).jpegIMG_4237 (resized).jpegIMG_4237 (resized).jpegIMG_4238 (resized).jpegIMG_4238 (resized).jpeg
#2587 9 months ago

I bit the bullet. Changed Bo Peep loops from 15-10. I rarely get this scene. Interested to see how this pans out.

Cheers

#2588 9 months ago

For those who likes this game.. how is the replay ability going for you?

Might be a little early, but interested in knowing who first enjoyed it, but slowly faded away over time.

#2589 9 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Might be a little early, but interested in knowing who first enjoyed it, but slowly faded away over time.

The negative crap that this game got was a bunch of BS I have had the game almost a year now and still love it and I play my machines almost every day

#2590 9 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I sold my ce and regretted it. It’s a replay value to me like any other great pin. I’m very happy I snagged a LE at a great price. Let the haters hate. It’s a fun game with cool universal carnival theme that makes sense actually. It’s different, great to look at and fun to shoot.
Always the attention grabber when people stop.

#2591 9 months ago

Love my le! And paid full retail.

#2592 9 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Grab a CE while they're available on the 2nd hand market at a discount. I've had my TS4 from the beginning and absolutely love it. This game got a lot of hate because of the TS4 Title. If you've ever been to Disney it feels like it should have been titled Toy Story Mania instead. A lot of people early on said it was too easy, which may be a result of Wonka being too hard when that launched.

If you look at the scence inserts on the playfield they read 'Complete Scenes to Play Carousel' which if the game was coded to this would be much more difficult than just playing a scence. As it is now you don't have to complete all scenes to play the wizard mode you just have to qualify and play them (some you have to complete though, like Rescue Forky, Super Loops).

I think getting to Take a Chance Multiball is very difficult and I've only seen it once in over 500 games. All the modes, sounds, lightshows, animations are very well integrated. It's a really fun pin to play.

#2593 9 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

We have had it for 7 months and we still enjoy it. It’s a crowd pleaser - non-pinball guests love it. I do think it would get old if it was in a collection of q1 or 2 games… but it pairs well with harder games (like Star Wars)

#2594 9 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

The exposed switch and ramp above the funnel cake thing was driving me crazy. Made these plastics to match the inlane plastics. Dm me if interested. Easy to install, uses existing hardware.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will that work with Lior's ticket booth/shooting gallery Mod?

If so, I'll take one!

#2595 9 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Will that work with Lior's ticket booth/shooting gallery Mod?
If so, I'll take one!

I’m quite certain, if not a minor adjustment may need to be made that I can work with you on at no additional charge. Dm and we can work through it.

#2597 9 months ago

Yeah, I jumped off the train after I played little over 2 hours of playtime when it first came out after I read about the rules/objective.

It was a fun shooter, but just lacked what I was seeking at the time. It might be close to time to give it a shot in a home setting.

Star Wars is my prime example of living a game after taking it home. Sucked on location, but fun as hell at home.

Maybe I can get that feeling with TS. Time will tell and thanks for those who responded.

#2598 9 months ago

Action button

IMG_3277 (resized).jpegIMG_3277 (resized).jpegIMG_3282 (resized).jpegIMG_3282 (resized).jpegIMG_3311 (resized).jpegIMG_3311 (resized).jpeg

#2599 9 months ago

I can imagine some solutions to the ball getting stuck on the kickback hole, but does anyone have a solid one? The plunger tip on my Dialed In is far enough forward to make this impossible.

PXL_20230627_013635797 (resized).jpgPXL_20230627_013635797 (resized).jpg
#2600 9 months ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Action button
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love what you did with the toys on top of your machine! Can you share where you got the toys and any specifics to part numbers, mfg, want to something similar,

What did you use to affix toys to the machine? And do they fall off…with aggressive play..or nudging?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.