IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 64.
#2501 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

f2 takes me to a screen that is password protected

You'll need jjp for that.

LTG : )

#2502 11 months ago
Quoted from catch20two:

This was happening to me sporadically, but not often enough to watch until recently when it started going off every few seconds. When I did a switch test Lockup #3 (top) was firing with no balls locked. I ran the calibration under Tests-->Device Tests-->Left Lockup Test (instructions on the screen prompt you to hit left flipper and start to calibrate) and it seems to have fixed it for now.

I started getting this error today too after upgrading to 1.12 earlier this week. The calibration acted like things were fine but the switch was still reporting an error. After feeding some balls into the lockup it cleared itself.

Out of curiosity what kind of switches are these in the lockup? I don't see anything mechanical or optical from above. The calibration readings implies some kind of wavelength value is being read by them.

#2503 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'll need jjp for that.

i think it was my mistake, i had to push both flippers to do a full install and that seemed to fix it and now is running properly.

#2504 11 months ago

Has anyone modified/updated or done add-ons that would allow the music to have lyrics, "You've got a friend in me Music only" gets a little repetitive with no singing and wondering has anyone done or changed this?

#2505 11 months ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Well I first found this today. A couple of bad rings. No problem I will just replace them.
But then I found this on the playfield because a ball was get stuck there.
What should I do? A repair on the playfield that is now sinking and coming out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What pitch is your game at and are you sure the ball is getting hung up on the post fill - maybe it’s the Cliffy switch protector. Only advising as I just put the cliffy’s on myself and the ball is now hanging there. Perhaps the pitch needs to be increased a bit or remove the Cliffy. On mine it seems there is quite a bit of Mylar around this area, so I’m debating removing the Cliffy entirely.

#2506 11 months ago

No, it is not the cliffy, as it would sit on the white ring straight on the post. Not sure if the hole had anything to do with it or not. I was going to replace the ring but then I found the hole. It happened twice when we were playing it the other day. I refilled the hole and put a circle of mylar over it and it hasn't gotten suck since.

#2507 11 months ago

I haven't seen a lot people talk about it but anyone getting the topper or the art blades?

I'm personally not a big fan of art blades, especially ones that add a lot of visual noise to the sides which I feel like these do. I also know I'd eventually damage them some how.

The topper, I'm not going to harp on the price cause I get it we're into an expensive hobby, I was just hopping for a little more going on there for the amount it is. I was honestly hoping they were going to put out the CE topper as an addon for the LE. Like a lot of others I've collected a set of toys that I'll eventually make a custom topper out of.

If you get the topper or the art blades I'd love to eventually see what they look like installed on the machine.

#2508 11 months ago

Passed on the art blades, as I already have a set I like better. I agree that they are busy.

I did pre-order the topper, although I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed with it. Strange to me that it doesn't say Toy Story 4 anywhere on it and has little to no branding. Made me initially question whether it was legit or not. But for $300, it is on the cheaper end for official toppers these days, so that's why I grabbed one. From a different point of view, my wife saw it and loved immediately, so go figure. I wish we had the option to purchase the CE topper.

#2509 11 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Passed on the art blades, as I already have a set I like better. I agree that they are busy.
I did pre-order the topper, although I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed with it. Strange to me that it doesn't say Toy Story 4 anywhere on it and has little to no branding. Made me initially question whether it was legit or not. But for $300, it is on the cheaper end for official toppers these days, so that's why I grabbed one. From a different point of view, my wife saw it and loved immediately, so go figure. I wish we had the option to purchase the CE topper.

Same. Pre-ordered topper from Zach at SDTM. At $300, what the hell? It's only 2% of the price of the machine.

#2510 11 months ago

I thought the topper was homebrew too, lol until I pulled it up and Zach's site and it said officially licensed. I was hoping for more but its better than nothing I suppose.

#2511 11 months ago

Looks like the latest May code release was taken down? I don't see it on their website anymore and my machine things it's up todate still when doing a check.

Any ideas on what the issue was?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2512 11 months ago

Haven't heard anything. I tried half a dozen times to do it over wifi and it wouldn't take. Probably a good thing it didn't, now that its been pulled.

#2513 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah my daughter and I played last night and we had a lot of fun. I put up an 8 mil GC on the game. Haven’t had it long enough to know if that is a solid score or not. Is there a visual cue on the playfield or screen that shows my collected characters?

I don't think there is, but if you hold in the flipper until the status screens show, on one of those screens you can see all the collected characters.

I personally don't pay attention to the characters collected though. I just pay attention to the power ups they award, which the little display will tell you when you're working on collecting them.

#2514 11 months ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I don't think there is, but if you hold in the flipper until the status screens show, on one of those screens you can see all the collected characters.
I personally don't pay attention to the characters collected though. I just pay attention to the power ups they award, which the little display will tell you when you're working on collecting them.

collecting characters is like collecting patches in GnR? they give stacking bonuses?

#2515 11 months ago

Yeah good point. Definitely worth collecting as many characters as possible to take into carnival multiball. My kids are obsessed with this game. My six year old daughters two favorite games are now EHOH and Toy Story.

#2516 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

collecting characters is like collecting patches in GnR? they give stacking bonuses?

I'm not too familiar with GnR rules.

The characters in TS4 give you bonuses during your carnival multiball. Extra ball save, double jackpots are triples, auto restart, etc.

#2517 11 months ago

Switch 82 keeps firing. Seems like this switch is connected via a molex directly to a board. Never dived this deep into trouble shooting, thoughts on correcting?

IMG_0704 (resized).jpegIMG_0704 (resized).jpeg
#2518 11 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

thoughts on correcting?

Well I'm no jjp expert. And I don't have the game to check.

I'd go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, see if it works. Ball or finger.

If not, if it's an opto, check if one opto popped out of one side or the other. If micro mini switch, then check for broken wire, or if it needs adjusting. If a sensor, I'd check if it's in position, and reseat it's connector.

#2519 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well I'm no jjp expert. And I don't have the game to check.
I'd go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, see if it works. Ball or finger.
If not, if it's an opto, check if one opto popped out of one side or the other. If micro mini switch, then check for broken wire, or if it needs adjusting. If a sensor, I'd check if it's in position, and reseat it's connector.

Got it figured out. Just started happening. Saw a post a bit back that advised to recalibrate the sensor, seems to have worked!

#2520 11 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Got it figured out. Just started happening. Saw a post a bit back that advised to recalibrate the sensor, seems to have worked!

How do I recalibrate it? I have the same switch error.

#2521 11 months ago

I'm not too familiar with GnR rules.
The characters in TS4 give you bonuses during your carnival multiball. Extra ball save, double jackpots are triples, auto restart, etc.

in GnR , you earn patches ( jean jacket patches) and they stack and give you similar kind of bonuses, i didnt realize characters did the same thing in TS4, i really need to put more time on it and learn the rules.

#2522 11 months ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

How do I recalibrate it? I have the same switch error.

Tests - Devices - Sensors

While in Sensor Test remove any balls from the area. Press the Start button.

That should do it. If not do it again.

Wish I had the game and was still a jjp Tech

#2523 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well I'm no jjp expert.

Well now I have to start questioning life...

#2524 11 months ago

Secondary Monitor Replacement (the iPad look-a-like).

I have the unpleasant opportunity to replace the small monitor on the playfield (don't ask . Has anyone done this? I have the replacement monitor display, but it has a small and very thin cable that plugs into the video driver unit and I just don't think I can reach in there (behind the plate) and cleanly put the ribbon in there without ripping it (again). I can't really figure out how to remove the monitor mount either... just wondering if anyone has done any work on this and do you have any ideas or suggestions. Thank you!

#2525 11 months ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

do you have any ideas or suggestions.

Page 94 in the manual has the basic parts layout. Maybe that will help.

Thanks to jjp I don't have a game to check. If it's like their other small LCD's, you need to remove the whole assembly and pretty much take it all apart. There is a tab or bar you need to fiddle with to release that fine ribbon cable. On reassembly if that thin ribbon cable is anywhere near a metal edge, I'd put down some black electricians tape to prevent wear or interference.

#2526 11 months ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Secondary Monitor Replacement (the iPad look-a-like).
I have the unpleasant opportunity to replace the small monitor on the playfield (don't ask . Has anyone done this? I have the replacement monitor display, but it has a small and very thin cable that plugs into the video driver unit and I just don't think I can reach in there (behind the plate) and cleanly put the ribbon in there without ripping it (again). I can't really figure out how to remove the monitor mount either... just wondering if anyone has done any work on this and do you have any ideas or suggestions. Thank you!

I worked on this when installed the protector , you need to loose/remove the 2x screws on the black bracket on the playfield , it’s not very easy because the working space is very very closed , you need to pay attention to the opto wires , maybe you’ll need to loose/remove the 2x screws on the left ramp too for better access
IMG_3034 (resized).jpegIMG_3034 (resized).jpeg

#2527 11 months ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

I worked on this when installed the protector , you need to loose the 2x screws on the black bracket on the playfield , it’s not very simply because the working space is very very close , you need to pay attention to the opto wires , maybe you’ll need to loose the 2x screws on the left ramp too to easily access [quoted image]

#2528 11 months ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

I worked on this when installed the protector , you need to loose/remove the 2x screws on the black bracket on the playfield , it’s not very simply because the working space is very very close , you need to pay attention to the opto wires , maybe you’ll need to loose/remove the 2x screws on the left ramp too to better access
[quoted image]

LTG and Spag - thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my posts. I was on 94 of the manual, but didn't have a clue on how to get that whole system to be removed. I ended up taking all the info you provided and with some luck, was able to remove the protector that Spag was discussing to wiggle out the bracket so that I could install the monitor. Mission accomplished, all is working. Thanks again!

#2529 11 months ago

Around how many play should I change the coil stops from my game and where are the correct coil stops to get for this game?

A link would be great thanks

#2530 11 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Around how many play should I change the coil stops from my game and where are the correct coil stops to get for this game?

A link would be great thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-coil-stop-a-12390.html

You didn't ask but consider these too :

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-right-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

When your flippers don't have the power like they used to, Turn the game off. Simply remove the two allen head 5/32nds screws holding the coil stop on, remove the coil stop, slide the coil off and let hang. Is the top of the coil stop where the plunger hits cupped ? Is the bottom of the plunger mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? If so time for new parts. If not put the coil and coil stop back on and play your game.

When I rebuild the flipper I put in new plunger assembly, new coil sleeve, and new coil stop. If your coil stop is cupped, the other parts are worn and need replacing too.

Chicago Gaming Tech Extraordinaire !

#2531 11 months ago

Sorry I looked for the gate swap and can’t find it,what gate do I use to make the skill shot more easily .
Thanks

#2532 11 months ago

Just added some side art from Tilt Graphics. It’s a bummer nobody has an actual Toy Story characters design (for obvious copyright reasons) but I thought these look good.

IMG_7647 (resized).jpegIMG_7647 (resized).jpeg
#2533 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sorry I looked for the gate swap and can’t find it,what gate do I use to make the skill shot more easily .
Thanks

The gate swap wasn't to make the skill shot easier it's to make the ball ejection out of the Woody saucer feed the upper flipper more consistently. You swap out the gate wire above the upper flipper, some people suggested with the Woody gate wire, I found it was easier to get at the road trip multiball lock up gate wire without having to take stuff apart. Both are angled slightly differently in their resting position, but I haven't noticed any issues yet.

#2534 11 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

The gate swap wasn't to make the skill shot easier it's to make the ball ejection out of the Woody saucer feed the upper flipper more consistently. You swap out the gate wire above the upper flipper, some people suggested with the Woody gate wire, I found it was easier to get at the road trip multiball lock up gate wire without having to take stuff apart. Both are angled slightly differently in their resting position, but I haven't noticed any issues yet.

I did this swap, also. The Road-trip Multiball was easier to get at. I’m happy with the change. It seems to help

#2535 11 months ago

Having an intermittent issue with the bottom (1st) ball lock sensor of road trip multi ball not sensing the ball. Is there an adjustment for this? Game is pretty steep 7.5 but didn't think that would matter. Always works when testing with my finger.

#2536 11 months ago

We're up to 1.12 now, any word on if there will be a code update coming with additional depth or tweaks a la Wonka?

#2537 11 months ago

Help… after installing the shooting gallery and ticket booth my game is dead. I am getting power to the backbox, and the topper cycles… but everything else dead…. No lights… no sounds… no checks… no led screen.

I disconnected the mod and it didn’t have any effect. I am assuming I pulled something loose? Any ideas?

#2538 11 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Help… after installing the shooting gallery and ticket booth my game is dead. I am getting power to the backbox, and the topper cycles… but everything else dead…. No lights… no sounds… no checks… no led screen.
I disconnected the mod and it didn’t have any effect. I am assuming I pulled something loose? Any ideas?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2539 10 months ago

Hey, this is a known problem (I had it). Nothing to do with the mods. Create a ticket with JJP. They will send a new cord to take/split power to the topper from another molex connector in the back box. See earlier posts in the thread. Cheers.

#2540 10 months ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

Hey, this is a known problem (I had it). Nothing to do with the mods. Create a ticket with JJP. They will send a new cord to take/split power to the topper from another molex connector in the back box. See earlier posts in the thread. Cheers.

I haven't been able to find the issue you are referring to. My problem is that the whole machine is dead. when I jump the ATX I get power to the game, but my motherboard won't boot.

#2541 10 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I haven't been able to find the issue you are referring to. My problem is that the whole machine is dead. when I jump the ATX I get power to the game, but my motherboard won't boot.

Update for everyone...

My game still isn't working... but it seems likely that it wasn't related to the mods. Everything points to a bad hard drive that happened to fail independently of the mod. I have a new one coming so hopefully everything will be up and running later this week!

#2542 10 months ago

Sorry if I steered you wrong - mine would fire up the topper for 2 seconds but the whole game was dead/ no power after that brief flicker of life. Started doing this after like 500 plays

#2543 10 months ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

Sorry if I steered you wrong - mine would fire up the topper for 2 seconds but the whole game was dead/ no power after that brief flicker of life. Started doing this after like 500 plays

It sounds similar… maybe if it isn’t the hard drive it is that. Although I can get mine to power in when the hd isn’t connected

#2544 10 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Update for everyone...
My game still isn't working... but it seems likely that it wasn't related to the mods. Everything points to a bad hard drive that happened to fail independently of the mod. I have a new one coming so hopefully everything will be up and running later this week!

thats a weird one, i did an auto update on mine ( with that last update that was bugged that they pulled) and it bricked the computer in mine and all it wouldn't boot , just go into safety mode but all my PF lighting would still light up. i couldnt update usb at the coin door , i was able to update on the computer itself by usb in the backbox.

#2545 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I did pre-order the topper, although I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed with it. Strange to me that it doesn't say Toy Story 4 anywhere on it and has little to no branding.

It's likely because they didn't want it printed twice so close to each other and the backglass already says Toy Story 4. For example, on the Halloween standard editions, the backglass said Halloween, but the CE backglasses didn't because it was on the topper instead.

#2546 10 months ago

Any suggestions on a good-looking cup holder for a CE? The only option I found is this and I'm not ecstatic about the design.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup-collectors-edition

ts4ce-pincup (resized).pngts4ce-pincup (resized).png
#2547 10 months ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Any suggestions on a good-looking cup holder for a CE? The only option I found is this and I'm not ecstatic about the design.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup-collectors-edition[quoted image]

There are a couple on eBay that are ok

#2548 10 months ago
Quoted from bjorg:

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup-collectors-edition[quoted image]

I have the standard one and I think it looks much better than the CE one. I wonder if he’d swap the red and blue and put the red on top to match the CE.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup

#2549 10 months ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I have the standard one and I think it looks much better than the CE one. I wonder if he’d swap the red and blue and put the red on top to match the CE.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/toy-story/products/toy-story-pincup

I took the plunge on the CE since it matches the color scheme. I have ordered from them in the past and they usually do good work.

I'll share a photo of it installed. Fingers crossed!

#2550 10 months ago

I must say these mods are the most beautiful mods I've ever received! Amazing detail and beautiful packaging. Can't wait to install them! Ordered from https://littleshopofgames.com/

Boxing (resized).pngBoxing (resized).pngCarnival Booth (resized).pngCarnival Booth (resized).pngCurio (resized).pngCurio (resized).pngOpen Boxes (resized).pngOpen Boxes (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 16.95
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.