IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 64.
#2351 1 year ago

Did JJP ever address the removal of Scorbit, and why they are removing it? Seems like bad form to remove a feature you hyped up, and not even acknowledge it.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Did JJP ever address the removal of Scorbit, and why they are removing it? Seems like bad form to remove a feature you hyped up, and not even acknowledge it.

tpf jack said nobody used it and basically their working on their own 38.30 minute mark

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

tpf jack said nobody used it and basically their working on their own 38.30 minute mark

Thanks for the video and time stamp.

Jack started by saying search for a patent "pinball redemption". He said 200 people a day were using Scorbit (I wouldn't say that is nobody - in fact that is a pretty decent number in my mind). He followed up to say "they wanted to go in a different direction"...so not very clear what that means, or if they are working on their own.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks for the video and time stamp.
Jack started by saying search for a patent "pinball redemption". He said 200 people a day were using Scorbit (I wouldn't say that is nobody - in fact that is a pretty decent number in my mind). He followed up to say "they wanted to go in a different direction"...so not very clear what that means, or if they are working on their own.

jjp has produced over 20k machines, 200 users is only 1% usage.

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

jjp has produced over 20k machines, 200 users is only 1% usage.

It's still a higher number than I would have expected...and 1400 users a week.

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It's still a higher number than I would have expected...and 1400 users a week.

Who knows? Could be many things, conflict with jjp OS , maybe scorbit wanted $$$ maybe they have a better system of their own coming soon.

#2359 1 year ago

Thank you all for your feedback. I am still not sold on online functionality, but I do like the Wifi updates. Scotbit definitely felt clunkier than Insider Connected, so if JJP moves forward with their own version, I hope it is better than Scorbit...

#2360 1 year ago

On a positive note, I've had the game for 9 months over 650 plays and I'm glad I bought it.

Cheers

#2361 1 year ago

Does anyone know what you have to do to lite the 'Special' outlanes?

#2362 1 year ago

How is the new code on this game? Did the update add a lot of stuff to it?

#2363 1 year ago

Most noticeable change for me was the wheel award now lands properly with the indicator on the playfield. There were a few bug fixes and removing Scorbit. Not sure if it’s my imagination but it sounds better
Loving my game after many many plays. Got to the Fireworks mode last night too. What a show!

#2364 1 year ago

Hello, I installed code 1.11.
Now I get the following error message:
"Lock up Drop target. Check device. Malfunction detected"
However, when I play, everything works fine.
Anyone else getting this error message?

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Page 25 of the TS4 manual is where you want to look.

The manual can be downloaded here if you don't have it:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/Toy_Story_4_Manual_1_2_September_2022.pdf

#2366 1 year ago

what is strange is that with the 1.05 code, no worries. And when I play, no worries... Could it be a bug in the 1.11 code?

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

what is strange is that with the 1.05 code, no worries. And when I play, no worries... Could it be a bug in the 1.11 code?

Do the tests on page 25 and see what they say...

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I have the identical problem. Everything was working fine for a week or two (new CE here) and immediately after I updated to 1.11 I see the same error. For me though the drop target won't register, and won't even come up during a game. If I get the ball in there it shoots back out and counts as hitting the drop target, from there it works normally for the rest of the multiball locks.

I tested the coil and the drop target comes up and down fine. I tested the switch and it registers both open and closed fine as well. I am convinced it's a bug in the code. I went to try to revert to the older version and I don't see it on their website anymore, so I have no way to test.

I am glad someone else mentioned this so I know I am not going crazy.

#2369 1 year ago

The Bo Peep loop was kinda hard to complete because the small flipper wasn’t being fed proper due to the size of the square wire stopper… anyway I switched it with the wider one behind the Woody spinner. Now it feeds the smaller flipper great!

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

The Bo Peep loop was kinda hard to complete because the small flipper wasn’t being fed proper due to the size of the square wire stopper… anyway I switched it with the wider one behind the Woody spinner. Now it feeds the smaller flipper great!

Post a pic please.

#2371 1 year ago

Switched.

3C172403-6F5D-472E-84BA-F51B09DBB9B2 (resized).jpeg3C172403-6F5D-472E-84BA-F51B09DBB9B2 (resized).jpegE751F6F7-0050-45E4-A3A5-F729961F583E (resized).jpegE751F6F7-0050-45E4-A3A5-F729961F583E (resized).jpeg
#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Switched.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting! Thanks for the feedback

#2373 1 year ago
Quoted from PretzelJesus:

I have the identical problem. Everything was working fine for a week or two (new CE here) and immediately after I updated to 1.11 I see the same error. For me though the drop target won't register, and won't even come up during a game. If I get the ball in there it shoots back out and counts as hitting the drop target, from there it works normally for the rest of the multiball locks.
I tested the coil and the drop target comes up and down fine. I tested the switch and it registers both open and closed fine as well. I am convinced it's a bug in the code. I went to try to revert to the older version and I don't see it on their website anymore, so I have no way to test.
I am glad someone else mentioned this so I know I am not going crazy.

I managed to fix the error.
It is necessary, as indicated, to check in the tests (page 25).
Then you have to play with the power of the coil (I increased the strength of the coil 'down' time and power)

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

I bought a new wire gate and replaced it there and it worked great. Better idea just swapping gates with the woody saucer.

4422B580-ACAA-486E-B72E-C00FB419CC14 (resized).jpeg4422B580-ACAA-486E-B72E-C00FB419CC14 (resized).jpeg
#2375 1 year ago

So take gate from behind woody and right side and just switch them?

#2376 1 year ago

Yes. The wider gate catches the ball better and feeds the mini flipper at a much higher percentage. It takes a minute to switch and now the game feels more dialed in.

#2377 1 year ago

Yeah genius… so much better it slows ball down and gets on the wall to actually hit it.

#2378 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Screenshot_20230416_182227_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230416_182227_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2379 1 year ago

Has anyone ever lit the 'Special' outlanes on TS4? I'm 700+ games in and have yet to see it. Makes me wonder if it's even coded.

#2380 1 year ago

Yes. It’s a Duke Caboom animation… striking poses on his bike.

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?
[quoted image]

Loganpinball

I have one and it's awesome!

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Loganpinball
I have one and it's awesome!

I had to chuckle.. in the screen capture it says "loganpinball.com". Cool mod. Really adds some more fun to the theme.

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Yes. It’s a Duke Caboom animation… striking poses on his bike.

Any idea how you got it?

#2384 1 year ago

How is the depth in this game is it easy to get to the wizard mode?

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I had to chuckle.. in the screen capture it says "loganpinball.com". Cool mod. Really adds some more fun to the theme.

yeah i guess i should have been more clear. they are sold out on his site, didn't know if anyone knew of any for sale or if he was going to make any more.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I got it once about 300 games. However only the first path. There's a second. Other JJP's.I own only Hobbit 5 armies over 3,000 plays .Bo Peep loops my down fall. Also got special in ourlanes this weekend.
Approaching 700 games.
Cheers.

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

It's pretty good. It's not "easy" to get to it once in a game. You actually have to get to it twice, first as Buzz then as Woody. I have never gotten to it a second time in the same game. I've been close, but no cigar...yet.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Understood. We all start some where.
This will help you know what to do.
See picture. It's not in the manual so I can't direct you there. I miss Butch. Ignore red arrow. See yellow arrows. They point to a screw at the bottom of the drop target assembly. Turning this raises or lowers the drop target. The top of it should be level with the playfield so balls don't get stuck there or bounce across it.
Easy couple minute fix. Your tech should get it right easily.
Call jjp and let them know to get Butch and LTG : ) back.
[quoted image]

I know you don’t have this machine but here’s my drop target and it doesn’t seem like mine can go up or down anymore with the turn of that nut. Anything you see differently?

My drop target is not flush with the playfield when down so it creates a divot that traps a ball until ball search knocks it out.

36B3FF4F-4FAA-4034-9435-D196EE8DFB9E (resized).jpeg36B3FF4F-4FAA-4034-9435-D196EE8DFB9E (resized).jpegD921AA57-1B70-4F07-B39E-9203ED27E79A (resized).jpegD921AA57-1B70-4F07-B39E-9203ED27E79A (resized).jpeg
#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

My drop target is not flush with the playfield when down so it creates a divot that traps a ball until ball search knocks it out.

Quoted from phill2cb:

doesn’t seem like mine can go up or down anymore with the turn of that nut. Anything you see differently?

That bracket has changed. The old one had a screw to raise or lower the drop target. See picture of one from WOZ.

The metal part that rests on the bracket. See red arrow pointing to it. That would need to be higher or lower so drop target sets flush with playfield. Washers, spacers, something. I'd be tempted to drill a hole in the bracket right below it, thread it for a machine screw. And put a nut on the screw and then screw it into the bracket and adjust as needed and then tighten the nut up.

LTG : )

IMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPGPinside_forum_7535951_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7535951_0 (resized).jpg
#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Anything you see differently?

Did yours have a screw and a nut fall out of the bracket below that metal piece ? In your pictures I can't tell if there is a threaded hole there or not.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Your E clip is bent and not allowing the target to go all the way down.

See red arrow pointing to it.

Pinside_forum_7535951_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7535951_1 (resized).jpg
#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I'll post both sides of one from WOZ so you can compare.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG
#2393 1 year ago

Anyone with a CE and topper getting a loud buzzing from the right speaker? Just installed my topper (boy that motor is loud also) and getting quite a lot of noise from the right speaker while booting up and in attract mode. Thinking it’s interference from the topper USB cable. I may play around with how it’s routed, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I know you don’t have this machine but here’s my drop target and it doesn’t seem like mine can go up or down anymore with the turn of that nut. Anything you see differently?

You're missing the large adjustment screw that stops the length of travel of the plunger. Look around in the cabinet. It screws in through the bottom of the bracket

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That bracket has changed. The old one had a screw to raise or lower the drop target. See picture of one from WOZ.
The metal part that rests on the bracket. See red arrow pointing to it. That would need to be higher or lower so drop target sets flush with playfield. Washers, spacers, something. I'd be tempted to drill a hole in the bracket right below it, thread it for a machine screw. And put a nut on the screw and then screw it into the bracket and adjust as needed and then tighten the nut up.

Quoted from flynnibus:

You're missing the large adjustment screw that stops the length of travel of the plunger. Look around in the cabinet. It screws in through the bottom of the bracket

Thank you @ltg! You had the right idea and thankfully I didnt have to do any drilling because thanks to flynnibus suggestion I did find a screw hanging out in the bottom of the cabinet and there is a threaded hole there to adjust the height.

Do I have the locking washer and nut in the right spots? Thats how I found it in the cabinet so I just put it in like that and locked it in place with the nut.
IMG_7382 (resized).jpgIMG_7382 (resized).jpg

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your E clip is bent and not allowing the target to go all the way down.
See red arrow pointing to it.
[quoted image]

Maybe it's the reflection in the first pic but I dont think it looks bent? It's completely in the notch and the target moves freely without hitting the clip.
IMG_7381 (resized).jpgIMG_7381 (resized).jpg

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Do I have the locking washer and nut in the right spots?

Yes.

Quoted from phill2cb:

but I dont think it looks bent?

Right you are.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Thank you LTG! You had the right idea and thankfully I didnt have to do any drilling because thanks to flynnibus suggestion I did find a screw hanging out in the bottom of the cabinet and there is a threaded hole there to adjust the height.
Do I have the locking washer and nut in the right spots? Thats how I found it in the cabinet so I just put it in like that and locked it in place with the nut.
[quoted image]

I have the opposite issue, mine sits too high above the playfield plane instead of too low and I can’t get it to go any lower. Dropping that screw at some point only lowers the metal plate on the coil shaft and the drop target plastic won’t go any lower. I don’t know how to address that unless I pad out the drop target assembly mounting with a couple stacked washers.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Anyone with a CE and topper getting a loud buzzing from the right speaker? Just installed my topper (boy that motor is loud also) and getting quite a lot of noise from the right speaker while booting up and in attract mode. Thinking it’s interference from the topper USB cable. I may play around with how it’s routed, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I have a CE and no issues with sound but after a ton of plays the machine wouldn’t boot up and the fix was a new splitter cable for the topper power.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I have the opposite issue, mine sits too high above the playfield plane instead of too low and I can’t get it to go any lower. Dropping that screw at some point only lowers the metal plate on the coil shaft and the drop target plastic won’t go any lower. I don’t know how to address that unless I pad out the drop target assembly mounting with a couple stacked washers.

mine was the same also. on mine the main part of the assembly was like it had bent during the shipping process. i had to gently bend it to what i think would have been its original position ( towards the coindoor it that makes sense) as the backside of the drop target would always protrude above, and the frontside would be low.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 35.00
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.