IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 63.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I need some quick help LTG to rescue; I’m on location just cleaned game put in new balls abd flippers ;

I accidentally added 20 credits

Any way to get rid of credits ?

Go into Full Menu - bottom one Resets - in there reset credits. Follow instructions on the screen.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

While I have experts here when I changed slingshot rubber it altered leaf switch ; half ppl tell me adjust from top ; other half say adjust fro bottom lol

I’ve got the special tool

Turn game off. From top stick your tool as far down in as you can. From bottom remove screws, lower leaf blade, adjust as close to the fiberboard spacers at the bottom of the leaf blades as you can. Put it back in.

Pull the rubber ring around to get even tension on all sides. The long front leaf blade should just be touching the rubber ring not pushing it. The shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it but vibration doesn't. A tweak or two should do it.

I prefer from the bottom. That way the leaf blade stays put, doesn't work it's way but into where is had been. And less chance of bending the leaf blades all to heck.

Bear in mind I don't have toy Story or their next pin. So what I can help with may be limited.

LTG : )

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Full Menu - bottom one Resets - in there reset credits. Follow instructions on the screen.

Turn game off. From top stick your tool as far down in as you can. From bottom remove screws, lower leaf blade, adjust as close to the fiberboard spacers at the bottom of the leaf blades as you can. Put it back in.
Pull the rubber ring around to get even tension on all sides. The long front leaf blade should just be touching the rubber ring not pushing it. The shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it but vibration doesn't. A tweak or two should do it.
I prefer from the bottom. That way the leaf blade stays put, doesn't work it's way but into where is had been. And less chance of bending the leaf blades all to heck.
Bear in mind I don't have toy Story or their next pin. So what I can help with may be limited.

Perfect LTG thanks again buddy got it figured

#2203 1 year ago

My Caboom ramp seems to be catching the edge of the Playfield and won’t seat flush…adjusting via Leveling Screws doesn’t appear to help because it has no bearing on the Ramp’s position on the x axis—the Leveling Screws only adjust the height.

I feel like the entire Ramp needs to shift a hair towards the front of the cabinet but unsure how to accomplish that…

Any tips?

B902FBB8-CD6A-4C86-926D-203ABCB5BE17 (resized).jpegB902FBB8-CD6A-4C86-926D-203ABCB5BE17 (resized).jpeg

#2204 1 year ago

Gabby Gabby stopped working. Test report says "Check Device. Malfunction Detected." pulled the playfield up and I don't see any obstructions. The coil locks down and the other coil releases it. Anyone else had this issue?

#2205 1 year ago

I don't have one to check. I'd look at the whole assembly underneath the playfield. Any chance It could be bent a tiny bit to line up a bit better ?

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

The coil locks down and the other coil releases it.

Does it work in coil test or device tests - Gabby ?

#2207 1 year ago

Figured it out. Loose connection at the molex. Didn’t work in test and then when you fire the machine up the error is still there until it works in an actual game.

#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

My Caboom ramp seems to be catching the edge of the Playfield and won’t seat flush…adjusting via Leveling Screws doesn’t appear to help because it has no bearing on the Ramp’s position on the x axis—the Leveling Screws only adjust the height.
I feel like the entire Ramp needs to shift a hair towards the front of the cabinet but unsure how to accomplish that…
Any tips?
[quoted image]

I honestly don’t think this is a problem as my ramp looks exactly the same ; it’s like barely uneven I don’t know if it warrants a fix or just the way it is.but noticed mine is the same way

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I honestly don’t think this is a problem as my ramp looks exactly the same ; it’s like barely uneven I don’t know if it warrants a fix or just the way it is.but noticed mine is the same way

Mine looks similar, the parts are pretty close together but his looks even tighter to the point that I could see it clipping with the playfield. I looked over the manual and the only adjustment I see are 4 posts on the corners to raise and lower the ramp just like the levelers on the legs of the table. I'm not seeing anything to nudge that entire assembly back 1/16 of an inch. Maybe it can be bent a little like LTG suggested. I don't know if untightening the screws of the assembly into the playfield will give it some play to be moved back a bit before tightening it back on. I haven't lifted my playfield to see what's going on under there yet.

IMG_0144 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpg

#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is yours unable to fully return to the down position? Mine remains slightly raised on the left as that corner sits in the edge of the PF…there def is some play but you’d have to remove the glass to finess it back down every time it catches the lip/edge of PF…not ideal…hopefully JJP have a solution…

#2211 1 year ago

Is yours unable to fully return to the down position? Mine remains slightly raised on the left as that corner sits in the edge of the PF…there def is some play but you’d have to remove the glass to finess it back down every time it catches the lip/edge of PF…not ideal…hopefully JJP have a solution…

It doesn’t lay completely flush with playfield nope there is still an un - evenness im not near machine till tmmrw or I’ll take a pic but I think mines even worse then yours to. Be honest ;

There’s only those 4 screws correct I’ll call JJp tmmrw and see what they say ; might send me a new kaboom ramp since mine is getting ripped up from that unevenness cause it’s digging into the playfield Pretty badly ur correct

#2212 1 year ago

I’m not a big mod person but I wanted to add more of the figurines to the playfield. I ordered a set and really like the look of them. I 3D printed the discs for Jessie and Bullseye, Hamm fit perfectly tight in that spot above the left target, and held down Slinky Dog and Duke with Blue Tack as to avoid using super glue. I can’t find a good spot for Rex to fit yet which is a bummer.

Deluxe Figurine Set - https://a.co/d/5hCRGGa
Slinky Dog - https://a.co/d/jkY6Czf

FF2A05EA-0A85-4A17-A6BC-40BE3CBDE478 (resized).jpegFF2A05EA-0A85-4A17-A6BC-40BE3CBDE478 (resized).jpegD2AA732D-CD2D-4889-8B4C-B5642BFB4637 (resized).jpegD2AA732D-CD2D-4889-8B4C-B5642BFB4637 (resized).jpeg8EB01529-A774-42D0-8CDE-FFD529724434 (resized).jpeg8EB01529-A774-42D0-8CDE-FFD529724434 (resized).jpegB1B06379-68D7-421D-8F32-392577C6E1FF (resized).jpegB1B06379-68D7-421D-8F32-392577C6E1FF (resized).jpegF0A5B3D1-0E46-43E6-84F5-659D0C81C547 (resized).jpegF0A5B3D1-0E46-43E6-84F5-659D0C81C547 (resized).jpeg
#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I’m not a big mod person but I wanted to add more of the figurines to the playfield. I ordered a set and really like the look of them. I 3D printed the discs for Jessie and Bullseye, Hamm fit perfectly tight in that spot above the left target, and held down Slinky Dog and Duke with Blue Tack as to avoid using super glue. I can’t find a good spot for Rex to fit yet which is a bummer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Can you please share the stl file for the bases?

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Yeah I'd like those as well. Where did you source the additional figures like Hamm, Bullseye, and Rex?

I saw several of these make your own Forky kits at Five Below the other day. I thought they might be good for a custom topper but it probably wouldn't hold up very well over time.

https://www.fivebelow.com/products/make-your-own-forky-toy-story-4-craft-kit

118503-00_A (resized).jpg118503-00_A (resized).jpg118503-00_C (resized).jpg118503-00_C (resized).jpg
#2215 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just uploaded to Printables. https://www.printables.com/model/413052-toy-story-4-pinball-figurine-discs

Fair warning, I could see the dimensions being slightly different from machine to machine. My Bo Peep disc was .1mm shorter than all the other discs so that 29.6mm STL you'll see has a different height than the others.

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Yeah I'd like those as well. Where did you source the additional figures like Hamm, Bullseye, and Rex?
I saw several of these make your own Forky kits at Five Below the other day. I thought they might be good for a custom topper but it probably wouldn't hold up very well over time.
https://www.fivebelow.com/products/make-your-own-forky-toy-story-4-craft-kit[quoted image][quoted image]

-I got mine off eBay for $10 because the one listed on Amazon at the time was $50 but its only $20 now. The Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep, Forky, Jessie, and Duke in this set are the exact same ones in the machine and goodie bag.
-For Bullseye, I used a razor blade to cut him off his base and glue him to the disc. I was going to do the same to Jessie but I liked the extra height it gave her over Bullseye so glued her directly to the disc.
-I didnt measure Forky's spot because I wasnt planning on moving him. It looks like the 29.6mm disc would fit there but not positive.

-I cut the strings on the front and inside the coil. I also unscrewed the bottom of his feet and took out the little wheels under them to get a flat surface.

#2217 1 year ago

marioparty34 SiN13

I just noticed that Amazon listing I gave is slightly different than the one I bought, it doesnt have Rex or Hamm. Here's two currently on Ebay like the one I bought:

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: itm

#2218 1 year ago

New owner here. Wasn't on my radar at all - but the trade deal was right and I figured why not. Have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised. Very fun game, and a bit deeper than I expected. Still learning the rules, but seems to be a lot of nuance. No big unique toys, but the jump ramp is cool, and lots of other extras (ramp diverter, pop up bash toy, captive ball, spinning disc, etc.). Lighting and display are top notch. Shots are very enjoyable. My only qualm right now are the Buzz and Woody saucers - I feel like they slow things down too often, especially the Buzz saucer. Wish you could double flip to cancel the Buzz animations...

Just curious - are the spinners optical? They seem to spin forever (which I love).

Anyhow...happy to be here. Game was definitely priced way too high (MSRP), but it's a shame it's gotten such a bad rap because it's a really good/fun game.

#2219 1 year ago

I believe they are price less than a new stern le!

Great game to bad most wrote it off because of the price

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Just curious - are the spinners optical?

Page 86 in the manual shows Assy Flat Rail Spinner has an opto.

Matrix Switch Table in the manual shows two opto spinners.

#2221 1 year ago

Decided to make my own for the LE My first time working with resin. I’m excited to try some other things with it.

A785C7B5-D724-4F13-9C70-92DA6EF0A32F (resized).jpegA785C7B5-D724-4F13-9C70-92DA6EF0A32F (resized).jpeg

#2222 1 year ago

Joined the club with an used LE

64A676C5-5709-484D-8874-BF213CE83AB7 (resized).jpeg64A676C5-5709-484D-8874-BF213CE83AB7 (resized).jpeg84F368E7-BFCD-4800-AB91-64DD6919A0A1 (resized).jpeg84F368E7-BFCD-4800-AB91-64DD6919A0A1 (resized).jpeg
#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Decided to make my own for the LE My first time working with resin. I’m excited to try some other things with it.
[quoted image]

That looks great! This is one of the few things on the CE that I wish I had on my LE. Been hoping there might be an option out there in the future to get one. Depending on how difficult it was to make yours I might give it a try. I'd be curious what your process was.

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

That looks great! This is one of the few things on the CE that I wish I had on my LE. Been hoping there might be an option out there in the future to get one. Depending on how difficult it was to make yours I might give it a try. I'd be curious what your process was.

Ditto…. I alway thought it looked really cool. It wasn’t too bad. Pretty easy. I can give you details later

#2225 1 year ago

Anyone reach fireworks yet??

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

First of all I purchased a Pixar Fest #7 for the Pixar ball and epoxy resin (crystal clear) and a shooter rod without the handle.

Drilled a hole (the size of your shooter rod) into the Pixar ball ( though the center of the star and through s center support in the middle of the ball)
This allows you to fill the entire inside with the resin.

Made a crutch to hold the rod straight and secure. You also need something to hold the ball into place ( I used a Dixie cup) (see pics to see how I achieved this) you can engineer something yourself with whatever you have laying around. Get everything measured and squared and prepared for adding the resin and shooter rod into the ball, about 2/3 of an inch. Have your ball in place and your rod locked into position for inserting.

After mixing the resin, pour it into the hole of the ball. Fill it with just enough to allow for the displacement of the resin for the shooter rod.
Promptly clean up any overflow or drips that get onto the outside of the ball. You could tape the ball for added protection.
Once the rod is in position and inserted into the ball double check that the rod is still square with the ball.

12 to 24 hours it will be hard enough for the next step.

Adding the resin to the outside is next.

Keep in mind covering the rod with tape to keep it clean. Also keep in mind that the resin will flow for an hour or two after applying. You will need to wipe the drips that accumulate at the bottom of the ball so that you have a nice uniform sphere. Also, do not allow a buildup of resin over the tape that is on your shooter rod. It is not easy to get off once it is set up and hard.
I used my crutch to hold the rod and ball upright so that the resin can flow around and down the ball for its shiny coating. Make a small batch of resin and pour a little on top of the ball working it around the ball with either gloves hand of some type of a flat stick. Use a small amount of resin until evenly covering the ball.
Some small bubbles will be suspended and can be removed by quickly flowing a heat gun or torch about 4 inches away from the surface. The bubbles will rise and pop on the surface.

Mind you, this needs to quick movements so as not to burn the resin.

Let dry 72 hours for a full cure. Add more coats for a thick sturdy finish if you want.

6CF938CD-F71D-44D9-808B-89B26892385A (resized).jpeg6CF938CD-F71D-44D9-808B-89B26892385A (resized).jpeg800530AF-5A05-4F71-8666-EA3916FADC59 (resized).jpeg800530AF-5A05-4F71-8666-EA3916FADC59 (resized).jpegDE8FDF38-A742-431F-AE18-AD1704770065 (resized).pngDE8FDF38-A742-431F-AE18-AD1704770065 (resized).png
#2227 1 year ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Anyone reach fireworks yet??

I suspect that many have. I have made it to fireworks 10ish times. I *almost* made it there twice in one game to trigger whatever the real ending is, but I choked

#2228 1 year ago

I’d like to know what your strategy is for hitting the Forky targets. I struggle to get the ball to head that direction and when I do it usually grazes the targets and doesn’t register as a hit.

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I’d like to know what your strategy is for hitting the Forky targets. I struggle to get the ball to head that direction and when I do it usually grazes the targets and doesn’t register as a hit.

First thing I would recommend is go into switch tests and test to ensure each target when triggered individually does in fact register as they should.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

First thing I would recommend is go into switch tests and test to ensure each target when triggered individually does in fact register as they should.

Switches all test good, I'm just a bad player. There doesn't seem to be a good direct shot from the flippers to those targets except maybe on the tail end of the left flipper. I'm assuming there is a ricochet shot off the rubbers by the road trip lock or the scoop. I can spell Forky over the course of a game, but when those targets come up during a carnival game I struggle to consistently hit them within the time limit. Just curious what people's strategy is for going for them quickly.

#2231 1 year ago

I usually let normal gameplay tackle the FORKY targets for me and don't intentionally shoot for them unless in a mode that requires it. Muti-balls are a good way to get ricochet hits on FORKY targets as well.

Only consistent way I've approached it is off the end of the left flipper. Watch the ball come off the end of the flipper and don't move your eyes prematurely (similar to putting in golf, don't look at the hole before you see the ball leave your putter).

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Switches all test good, I'm just a bad player. There doesn't seem to be a good direct shot from the flippers to those targets except maybe on the tail end of the left flipper. I'm assuming there is a ricochet shot off the rubbers by the road trip lock or the scoop. I can spell Forky over the course of a game, but when those targets come up during a carnival game I struggle to consistently hit them within the time limit. Just curious what people's strategy is for going for them quickly.

The targets really are just a tip of the flipper kind of shot.

Here is a video that can help you understand some aiming techniques if you're still struggling.

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The stock rubbers do go bad pretty quick on this game.

No doubt, day one!!!!
(Ok, maybe a *few plays)

B4BA3766-BABF-41F0-8473-AB782245117E (resized).jpegB4BA3766-BABF-41F0-8473-AB782245117E (resized).jpeg
#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

No doubt, day one!!!!
(Ok, maybe a *few plays)
[quoted image]

Wow!

#2235 1 year ago

I know it's been previously covered, but I will say the Funko Forky fits nicely with no real adjustment I just turned the mount a bit and put a little hot glue on the back edge of his feet.

IMG_1578 (resized).jpgIMG_1578 (resized).jpg
#2236 1 year ago

A mod for the fennel cake diverter cover I’ve been working on. Let me know what you all think?

More info at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-4-ts4-andy-s-house-mod#post-7449200

IMG_2295 (resized).pngIMG_2295 (resized).png
#2237 1 year ago

I like it. But don't recognize it from the movie. Is it the family's house?

#2238 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I like it. But don't recognize it from the movie. Is it the family's house?

Yeah. It’s Andy’s house. The focus is on the room, which I need to make bigger. More photos on the link. Including a view of his house.

maxresdefault (resized).jpegmaxresdefault (resized).jpeg
#2239 1 year ago

Is there a Setting to turn off the Audio Tip callouts? Or change their frequency? Constantly hearing “hit the forky targets” or “shoot the spinners” is annoying AF….

#2240 1 year ago

Is there a Setting to turn off the Audio Tip callouts? Or change their frequency? Constantly hearing “hit the forky targets” or “shoot the spinners” is annoying AF….

I don't mind hearing them if they are targets in a timed mode I'm currently in, but I swear I constantly hear "shoot the jump ramp" when the jump ramp is almost always in a lit state and has nothing to do with the timed mode I'm in. It can be overly aggressive on some of the callouts for sure.

#2241 1 year ago

Is there any special way to end a game your playing or get rid of credits ;

I know on stern they have hold the left flipper and start button ends game was wondering if there is anything similar to that for this game

Many thanks for the help

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I know on stern they have hold the left flipper and start button ends game was wondering if there is anything similar to that for this game
Many thanks for the help

I usually just open the coin door and push the menu button which cancels the game. Curious if there is a better way as well.

#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I usually just open the coin door and push the menu button which cancels the game. Curious if there is a better way as well.

This is what I do as well. Wish there was a way on the exterior to do it cause I sometimes accidently start up an additional player when I don't mean to, or I'm having a crap game and just want to restart.

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

This is what I do as well. Wish there was a way on the exterior to do it cause I sometimes accidently start up an additional player when I don't mean to, or I'm having a crap game and just want to restart.

I use keyless locks, so its not that big of deal to me, but I can understand it being an annoyance if you don't have the key handy or the game is on location. It would be nice to cancel a second player started by accident and not lose the first player game though.

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Many thanks for the help

Left flipperbutton and startbutton restarts the game.

Isnt really what you asked for though.

#2246 1 year ago

The game is on location and occasionally I play it and leave credits on it or in the middle of the game. I have to leave to help customers. That’s why I was asking if there was any way to end the game.

Left flipper and start does not restart the game for me

Appreciate the input guys

#2247 1 year ago

Man with all the new games coming out I wonder what kind of effect this will have on TS4?

#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The game is on location and occasionally I play it and leave credits on it or in the middle of the game. I have to leave to help customers. That’s why I was asking if there was any way to end the game.
Left flipper and start does not restart the game for me
Appreciate the input guys

Strange. pressing both at same time works on hobbit.

#2249 1 year ago

One issue that I had on this game was the plunger impacting the auto launcher. I tried some minor screw adjustments but with the holes already being there and there only being about a 1-2mm variance that needed to be handled. My resolution was trying to add a small washer as a spacer, but getting one thin enough gauge metal to be effective proved hard. I ended up using a small paperclip wrapped to the outer right edge of the auto launcher as a shim to keep the lateral shift to the far right adjustment. This made it a 100% clearance on the right side vs what I was guessing was a 80% impact rate.

Of course, as soon as that was cleared, it was also now visible that it was hitting the top of the auto launcher. This was an easier remedy. The auto launcher rocking fully back in to its resting position was causing the back edge to dip to low for the passage of the launcher tip washer section. I added a small section of double sided padded tape and a metal washer on the underside of the top of the launcher mechanism. This allows the resting position of the auto launcher to be about 4mm higher and for the washer tip area to pass without issue. It had been an issue for us since we got the game and I had been trying various resolutions, washers, shooter tips in my limited testing time. Turned out that the advise to "shim it" was a bit less direct in method than what I had to do.

#2250 1 year ago

Settings and then Game Settings, under Carnival Modes there’s a Callout Speech Frequency setting that you can change to Rare or None.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.